QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2000|回复: 0

[统考资讯] 大学英语C8

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-2-14 08:00:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大学英语C8
一、阅读理解
Two sailors(水兵)who had just finished a long voyage(航行)went home to their village and decided to have a few drinks in the bar there. When they had had enough, they came out into the street to look for something amusing(有趣的)to do, but it was a very quiet place, and nothing interesting ever happened there, so they could not find anything.
But at last, while they were standing in the market-place outside the bar, they saw a village boy coming slowly towards them. He was leading a donkey by a rope, so the sailors decided that they would have a joke with the boy, "Why does your brother have to have a rope round his neck when he goes for a walk with you?"
     "To stop him from joining the navy(海军)," the boy answered at once.

1.The two sailors came from the same village.

A.T
B.F

2.The bar they went was on a ship.

A.T
B.F

3.The village boy was drinking in the bar.

A.T
B.F

4.The sailors spoke to the boy because they wanted to make fun of him.

A.T
B.F

5.The boy's answer might make the two sailors quite unhappy.
A.T
B.F

Mr. Jackson worked in a hospital. A lot of patients went to see him and he was very busy and had little time to have a rest in the day. One night, when he looked over the last patient, it was five to one. He was too tired to say a word and went to bed at once. When he fell asleep, a farmer began to knock at the door and got him up.
“My wife is ill,” shouted the farmer. “Please go and look her over.” Mr. Jackson had to go out with the farmer. It was the coldest night of the year and there was snow and ice on the road. The farmer lived far away from the city and they went through a forest, crossed two rivers and a mountain. After three hours, they got to the short, small house. And they were tired, cold and hungry.
The woman stayed in bed. She looked fine. Mr. Jackson looked her over carefully and found there was nothing serious with her. He became angry. He called the farmer out and said, “Your wife is strong and healthy, you know. Why did you ask me to come here late at night?” “I’m sorry, sir,” said the farmer. “My wife never does anything at home. I thought she was ill. We’re poor. In the day, when you are busy, I can’t go for you. If you come at night when you’re free, we’ll give you nothing.”
6.It was _____ for Mr. Jackson to get to the farmer’s house.
A.difficult     
B.easy
C.fun
D.happy

7.When Mr. Jackson and the farmer got to the house, it was _____.
A.five to one
B.two
C.three
D.about four

8.Mr. Jackson was angry with _____.
A.the farmer
B.the woman
C.the weather
D.himself

9._____, so he fell asleep soon.
A.It was time to go to bed for Mr. Jackson
B.Mr. Jackson was very tired that night
C.Mr. Jackson felt unhappy that night
D.Mr. Jackson was angry that night

10.The farmer went for Mr. Jackson very late at night because _____.
A.he wanted to play a joke on him
B.he was busy in the day
C.his wife was going to die
D.he wanted to save some money

二、词汇与语法
11.Alice sings _______ than us.
A.the better        
B.good
C.the best        
D.better

12.The new machines differ ______ what I saw in the exhibition.
A.with                               
B.from                               
C.at                       
D.in

13.I think he is too young _______ the work by himself.
A.do
B.does
C.doing
D.to do

14.The newspaper on the desk is not _______.
A.mine
B.him
C.me
D.her

15.He won't buy the concert tickets because they are _______ than the movie tickets.
A.many expensive
B.expensive
C.more expensive
D.much expensive

三、选词填空
    In Europe many people died during the Second World War. As a result, at the end of the war there were many orphans(孤儿) there. A man called Hermann Gmeiner wanted to help these __16__. His idea was simple. He wanted orphans to have a home, and he wanted them to have the care and kindness of parents. Gmeiner asked people to give him some money. __17__ this money he built the first SOS Children's Village at Imst, in Austria. It opened in 1949. This is how the SOS Children's __18__ started. The letters SOS __19__ for “Save Our Souls(灵魂).” This means “Please __20__ us!”. An SOS Children's Village gives help to orphans.

A.help
B.stand
C.children
D.With
E.village

A.help
B.stand
C.children
D.With
E.village

A.help
B.stand
C.children
D.With
E.village
答案:E
A.help
B.stand
C.children
D.With
E.village

A.help
B.stand
C.children
D.With
E.village

四、英译汉
21.Could you tell me how to get to the bank?
答案:你可以告诉我如何去银行吗?
22.Please get off the bus at the next stop.
答案:请在下一站下车。
23.Some women have managed to become doctors.
答案:有些妇女经努力当上了医生。
24.He was not just an actor, but also a writer, producer and director.
答案:他不仅是一名演演员,还是一位作家,制片人和导演。
25.New York University has forty-eight thousand students.
答案:纽约大学有学生四万八千名。
五、汉译英
26.他们学数学。
答案:They study math.
27.学生们住在学校。
答案:The students live in the school.
28.我们住在一起。
答案:We live together.
29.他们经常去游泳。
答案:They often go swimming.

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 06:05