QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1771|回复: 0

[统考资讯] 大学英语C4

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-2-13 09:56:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大学英语C4
一、阅读理解
    There are more than 6,000 million people on the earth and about 2,500 languages. Of these languages only about twelve are used by more than 50 million people. Here are the names of some languages which have very wide use: Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese etc. All these languages have more people speaking them today than ever before. A hundred and fifty years ago there were only about twenty million people who talked English, for example. Now there are at least two hundred and fifty million, and there may be many, many more.
1.There are about 50 million languages in the world.
A.T
B.F

2.German is widely spoken in the world.
A.T
B.F

3.150 years ago, only about 2,000,000 people spoke English.
A.T
B.F

4.English language has the most speakers.
A.T
B.F

5.We know that now there are many more people speaking English than before.
A.T
B.F

Mr. Jackson worked in a hospital. A lot of patients went to see him and he was very busy and had little time to have a rest in the day. One night, when he looked over the last patient, it was five to one. He was too tired to say a word and went to bed at once. When he fell asleep, a farmer began to knock at the door and got him up.
“My wife is ill,” shouted the farmer. “Please go and look her over.” Mr. Jackson had to go out with the farmer. It was the coldest night of the year and there was snow and ice on the road. The farmer lived far away from the city and they went through a forest, crossed two rivers and a mountain. After three hours, they got to the short, small house. And they were tired, cold and hungry.
The woman stayed in bed. She looked fine. Mr. Jackson looked her over carefully and found there was nothing serious with her. He became angry. He called the farmer out and said, “Your wife is strong and healthy, you know. Why did you ask me to come here late at night?” “I’m sorry, sir,” said the farmer. “My wife never does anything at home. I thought she was ill. We’re poor. In the day, when you are busy, I can’t go for you. If you come at night when you’re free, we’ll give you nothing.”
6.It was _____ for Mr. Jackson to get to the farmer’s house.
A.difficult     
B.easy
C.fun
D.happy

7.When Mr. Jackson and the farmer got to the house, it was _____.
A.five to one
B.two
C.three
D.about four

8.Mr. Jackson was angry with _____.
A.the farmer
B.the woman
C.the weather
D.himself

9._____, so he fell asleep soon.
A.It was time to go to bed for Mr. Jackson
B.Mr. Jackson was very tired that night
C.Mr. Jackson felt unhappy that night
D.Mr. Jackson was angry that night

10.The farmer went for Mr. Jackson very late at night because _____.
A.he wanted to play a joke on him
B.he was busy in the day
C.his wife was going to die
D.he wanted to save some money

二、词汇与语法
11.We find _____ difficult to understand him.
A.it   
B.which   
C.what   
D.him

12.Andy never gets up _____ six o'clock every morning.
A.in        
B.than      
C.at        
D.from

13.The box is too _______ for him to carry.
A.shallow
B.heavy
C.smooth
D.deep

14.There is a map _______ China on the wall.
A.for
B.to
C.of
D.about

15.Lucy's idea is different ___ Lily's.
A.to
B.with
C.from
D.against

三、选词填空
    When people talk __16__ the cities of the United States, the first that comes to mind is New York. New York is the largest city in the United States. That is, it has the largest population, __17__ about 8 million people. It is also one of the most important __18__ in the world.
    New York is the business headquarters of the country as well as its leading industrial center. In the downtown section of the city is Wall Street - where you find the world __19__ New York Stock Exchange. It is said that over 90 percent of the stocks bought and sold in the United States are handled in the Wall Street area. Wall Street is not __20__ the financial center of the whole nation, but also the heart and nerve center of American politics.
A.with
B.about
C.only
D.cities
E.famous

A.with
B.about
C.only
D.cities
E.famous

A.with
B.about
C.only
D.cities
E.famous

A.with
B.about
C.only
D.cities
E.famous
答案:E
A.with
B.about
C.only
D.cities
E.famous

四、英译汉
21.Please get off the bus at the next stop.
答案:请在下一站下车。
22.You should arrive at the airport at 10 am.
答案:你该在上午10点到机场。
23.Your reading purpose is quite different; it is to understand meaning.
答案:你阅读目的大不相同,是为了理解意思。
24.You can see many interesting things on your way.  
答案:一路上你能看见许多有趣的事情。
25.The bus is coming. Let’s get on the bus.
答案:那辆公交车来了。我们上车。
五、汉译英
26.我别无选择。
答案:I have no other choice.
27.他们一起游泳。
答案:They swim together.
28.他打算画一朵花。
答案:He is going to paint a flower.
29.我是中国人。
答案:I am a Chinese.

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 04:05