[复制链接]
发表于 2012-12-30 02:55:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

“大学英语(3)”课程终结考试
模拟题
课程编号:BWME1007                    学籍号:____________________
学习中心:____________________           姓  名:____________________
Information for the Examinees:
This examination consists of SIX sections. They are:
Section I: Conversations    (15 points, 10 minutes)
Section II: Vocabulary and Structure (15 points, 10 minutes)
Section III: Cloze                  (10 points, 20 minutes)
Section IV: Reading Comprehension  (30 points, 25 minutes)
Section V: Translation     (15 points, 25 minutes)
Section VI: Writing         (15 points, 30 minutes)
The total marks for this examination are 100 points. Time allowed for completing this examination is 2 hours (120 minutes).
YOU MUST WRITE ALL YOUR ANSWERS ON THE ANSWER SHEET.

Section I Conversations                                    [15 points]
Choose the right answers to finish each of the following conversations. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
单项选择。将答案写在答题卷上。
1. — What color do you prefer?
— __________________________________
A. I’d like to.     B. I like black ones.
C. Thank you.     D. I’ll take that.
2. — How was the hotel?
A. Very comfortable, thank you.   B. Just a bit late.
C. Unfortunately not.      D. Not yet.
3. — How do you find the weather?
A. The traffic was slow.     B. I feel really disappointed.   
C. You are welcome.     D. Lovely. Sunny skies.
4. — What do you do in your spare time?  
A. I like to go to the theatre.    B. Me too.  
C. It’s a good game.      D. I’m over it.  
5. — I didn’t get your first name---Paola, was it?
A. Very pleased to meet you.    B. Of course.
C. Yes, Paola, Paola Smith.     D. I’m sure we’ve met before.
Section II Vocabulary and Structure                          [15 points]
There are five incomplete sentences here. You are required to complete each statement by choosing the appropriate answer from the four choices marked A, B, C, and D. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
单项选择。将答案写在答题卷上。
6. Try to focus __________ the main points covered. This makes the work easier to understand and remember.
A. on   B. at   C. with   D. after
7. One of the political beliefs of the Nazis who __________ in Germany in 1931 was that the Jews (and other races) were “inferior” to northern Europeans.
A. went to power  B. left power   C. came to power D. gave up power
8. The air was leaking into her chest outside her lung. As it __________, the air pressed against her damaged lung, squeezing it flat.
A. built up   B. decreased   C. put up   D. looked up
9. Some have argued that the language is __________ danger of splitting up into different dialects.
A. to    B. on    C. in    D. out
10. The best examples are the Spanish, which __________ numbers of speakers is certain to overtake English in the new century.
A. in case of   B. in face of   C. in terms of  D. in control of
11. It sounds like a crazy profession that only the crazy would attempt, but it’s actually a job that many people think about—though few people actually go __________ with it.
A. over    B. up    C. by    D. through
12. Perhaps the dolphins were dying __________ disease.
A. of    B. from    C. by    D. to
13. Margie always had to write them out in punch code they made her learn when she was six years old, and the mechanical teacher calculated the mark in __________ time.
A. any    B. more    C. no    D. less
14. When NASA was created 40 years ago, we were in a space race __________ the Soviets.
A. at     B. along    C. and    D. with
15. These modern means of communication __________ that English speakers around the world have a vested interest in communicating with each other in a common language.
A. sure    B. insure   C. surely   D. ensure
Section III Cloze                                            [10 points]
Each blank in the following passage is provided with four choices. Read the passage and choose the best answer for each blank. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
阅读下面这篇短文,从短文中所给的各题的4个选项A、B、C、D中选出能填入相应空白处的最佳选项。将答案写在答题卷上。
American teenagers have always worked for (16)_______ pocket money. More than their grandfathers, today's young people are (17) _______ to work long hours during the week for hundreds of dollars each month. They prefer to spend the money (18) _______ themselves not (19) _______ it to their families. In a 1997 (20) _______ of 16,000 high school seniors nationwide, it was (21) _______ that eighty percent of students who work spend their earnings (收入) on their own needs, (22) _______ clothing, stereo (立体声) equipment, records and (23) _______. (24) _______ five percent said they contributed most of their earnings, which often was more than $200 a month, to helping pay family living (25) _______ .
16. A. besides   B. extra   C. beside   D. other
17. A. about    B. fond   C. likely    D. possible
18. A. by    B. on   C. in    D. for
19. A. contributing  B. contribute  C. paying   D. pay
20. A. view    B. inspection C. observation  D. survey
21. A. suggested   B. found  C. recommended  D. advised
22. A. for example  B. such as  C. that is to say  D. in other words
23. A. going to the movies    B. going to movies   
C. movies       D. the movies
24. A. Other    B. Only   C. Additional  D. Further
25. A. expenses   B. money  C. values    D. charges
Section IV Reading Comprehension                          [30 points]
Each of the following two passages is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C, and D. Decide on the best choice. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
阅读下面短文,从每题所给的4个选项A、B、C、D中选出最佳选项。将答案写在答题卷上。
Passage 1
Would you set yourself on fire for £75 a day?
1. A stuntperson is a man or woman who does all the hair-raisingly dangerous bits of acting work in films or on TV. This can be anything from a relatively simple fall into a swimming pool, to tripping off the top of a sky-scraper building. It sounds like a crazy profession that only the crazy would attempt, but it's actually a job that many people think about — though few people actually go through with it.
2. Sarah Franzi, 24, is one of Britain's 16 stuntwomen (as against 160 men.) Like many of her colleagues, it was a career she'd never seriously considered. "From when I was young I'd trained to be a dancer, and for seven years after school, I was rarely out of work. A dancer's life is pretty short, though, and it was my father who suggested I should think about stunt work after I'd given up dancing. I did think about it for the next two years — then decided to have a go."
3. Sarah discovered that she could only be a stuntwoman if she was accepted onto the Stunt Register. To do that, you have to be between 18 — 30 years old, and be a full member of Equity, the actor's union. You also have to obtain the right qualifications.
4. "For six months, I worked really hard, every day. To become qualified, I had to learn six different skills, sub-aqua, sky-diving, horse-riding etc. — stuff like that — to a high standard of training.
5. "A lot of time during my training I was thinking 'what has this got to do with being a stuntwoman?' Like when I had to do a five hour written examination on horse and stable management — but you know you have to do it in order to get the qualification."
6. Sarah finished all the requirements in just five months — it can take as long as three years to qualify — and she reckons it cost her about £4000. "You can do it much more cheaply if you can join local clubs and are prepared to wait, but I wanted to get it over with."  
7. After five months of training, Sarah's completed application was accepted by the Stunt Committee (the governing body which has the final say as to whether you are accepted or not). Two weeks later, she was launching herself off the Great Wall in the film Superman.
8. "I was very lucky to get work so quickly. I had a small part playing a tourist who fell off the wall after an earthquake, only to be rescued from death by Superman. In reality I fell 45 feet (about 14 metres) onto a pile of cardboard boxes. You can't use anything softer than that, because you might bounce back up into the view of the camera. Instead you just have to suffer the discomfort and fall properly."
9. Sarah was paid £210 a day for it, and because it was considered dangerous, she got another 200 fee for every extra take. (i.e. every time the shot had to be recorded on film camera.) "That's the union's minimum fee (you have to be a member of the trade union.) For film work you can earn up to £1000 per day."
10. This sounds a fortune, but as Sarah explains, "The film company is paying for the risk. If I'd broken a bone, that isn't very much money at all when you're out of work for the next few months. And there is a risk involved. Safety procedures are every strict, but there's still a danger. Fortunately, the risks are one part of the job that I really enjoy."
11. To do the job, you have to be physically fit, and mentally strong — you need a lot of courage. As yet, Sarah has received injuries no more severe than bangs and bruises, though she does admit that she was pretty scared on one or two occasions.
12. "I was set alight for London's Burning (a TV programme about the London Fire Service). It was a full fire job, which meant that my whole body was set alight. Of course, I was wearing protective clothing. I was on fire for fifteen seconds and towards the end it was terribly hot. The difficulty with that kind of job is that you're never fully in control of the fire, so it's easier for something to go wrong."
13. "It's jobs like that which make people think we must be completely crazy to do this kind of work. But that's not the case at all. There are so many safety procedures, with so much mental concentration involved, that what we are really doing is creating the illusion of danger. If people think "How could you do that? You must be mad", then we're doing our jobs properly."What does the blue whale feed on?
26. According to the writer, being a stuntperson is a job that
A. not many people think about.
B. few people think about, and even fewer actually do.
C. many people think about, but few people succeed in.
D. most people think about, but few attempt.
27. Sarah decided to try to be a stuntwoman
A. because she was too old to dance.
B. because she was made unemployed.
C. because her father suggested it.
D. because she had always wanted to work in films.
28. Why did it cost Sarah so much money to do the training?
A. She went to private clubs for it.
B. She was in a hurry.
C. She only wanted the best training.
D. She did not do it through clubs.
29. The fees paid to stuntpeople seem high until you consider
A. the high costs of training involved.
B. the amount of time you have to spend in front of the camera.
C. the risk of injury.
D. the amount of time that they have to travel.
30. "Creating an illusion" in this text means making people think that
A. the stunts are quite safe.
B. the stunts are not real.
C. stunts are less dangerous than they appear to be.
D. stunts are more dangerous than they are.
Passage 2
On Tuesday, January 28, 1986, the United States launched a space shuttle for the 25th time. The shuttle was to remain in space for seven days. But the flight lasted only 74 seconds. Before the spacecraft reached orbit, it exploded. There was no warning. And there appeared to be nothing the seven crew members could do to save themselves.
Challenger was about 16 kilometers high when it exploded. It was moving more than 3,000 kilometers an hour. The explosion was so great at this height and speed that wreckage continued to fall from the sky for an hour. As soon as it was safe, ships, planes and helicopters began to search for possible survivors. No survivors were found. Winds carried the wreckage away from the coast. And an ocean current called the Gulf Stream pushed it many kilometers to the north. Still, search teams collected more than 10 tons of wreckage.
America's space shuttle is completely different from earlier sorts of spacecraft. It is designed to go into space like a rocket, orbit Earth like a satellite and return like a glider, an airplane with no engines. It can do this many times. Challenger was one of four space shuttles. It had a crew which represented the many different sorts of people who make up American society, men, women, black, white, Asian, Christian, Buddhist and Jew.
The first shuttle, Columbia, went into space on April 12, 1981. There were 24 safe flights in the first five years. Then came the accident that people hoped would never happen.
Sadly, the explosion of the space shuttle Challenger was real. Those who watched or listened hoped it might be only a very bad dream. But it was not. Seven Americans lost their lives in the worst accident in the history of space flight. Other space travelers have been lost, but not so many at one time. And for the United States, these were the first to die in flight.
31. When did the space shuttle explode?
A. After it orbited Earth.
B. Very soon after it was launched.
C. Before it was launched.
D. Not known yet.
32. Search teams found some wreckage of the shuttle _______ .
A. on shore
B. at the launching center
C. in the sea
D. in the sky
33. The flight of Challenger on Jan. 28, 1986 was _______ flight of space shuttles.
A. the first
B. the last
C. the 24th
D. the 25th
34. The seven crew members were the first to die in flight _______ .
A. in the world
B. in history
C. in 1986
D. in the United States
35. In line 6, paragraph 2, the word "current" means _______ .
A. happening now
B. flow of electricity
C. generally accepted
D. flow of water in a certain direction
Section V Translation                                       [15 points]
Translate the following sentences into Chinese. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.  
将下列句子翻译成汉语。将答案写在答题卷上。
36. Students often find it hard to understand some of the books they have to read.
37. Whether we like it or not, English as an international language of communication is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
38. The Anne Frank Educational Trust helps to keep her name alive in its international campaign against racism.
Section VI Writing                                           [15 points]
You are required to write a composition on the topic “My Ideal Job” with no less than 80 words based on the outline given below.
要求在30分钟内,以My Ideal Job为题,写一篇80字左右的英语作文。作文应以下列论点为提纲,但不要逐字翻译。
1. 我理想的工作是什么?
2. 我喜欢这项工作的原因。
3. 通过这个工作,我要努力实现的理想是什么?

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 21:24