[复制链接]
发表于 2012-12-30 02:54:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

“大学英语(3)”课程终结考试
模拟题
课程编号:BWME1007                    学籍号:____________________
学习中心:____________________           姓  名:____________________
Information for the Examinees:
This examination consists of SIX sections. They are:
Section I: Conversations    (15 points, 10 minutes)
Section II: Vocabulary and Structure (15 points, 10 minutes)
Section III: Cloze                  (10 points, 20 minutes)
Section IV: Reading Comprehension  (30 points, 25 minutes)
Section V: Translation     (15 points, 25 minutes)
Section VI: Writing         (15 points, 30 minutes)
The total marks for this examination are 100 points. Time allowed for completing this examination is 2 hours (120 minutes).
YOU MUST WRITE ALL YOUR ANSWERS ON THE ANSWER SHEET.

Section I Conversations                                    [15 points]
Choose the right answers to finish each of the following conversations. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
单项选择。将答案写在答题卷上。
1. — What do you do for a living?
— __________________________________
A. I like reading.     B. I am a dentist.
C. I think so.      D. That’s ok.
2. — Will you have dinner with me?
A. Not really!    B. So so.
C. What’s up?    D. Yes, I’d like to.
3. — Excuse me. Is this seat taken?
A. No, it isn’t.      B. No, not at all.
C. It’s all right.     D. It’s up to you.
4. — How is the weather today?  
A. I agree with you.    B. Anything else?
C. It’s a nice day.          D. Can I help you?
5. — May I trouble you, Miss?
A. What can I do for you?    B. Who’s there?
C. It’s my pleasure.     D. Me too.
Section II Vocabulary and Structure                          [15 points]
There are five incomplete sentences here. You are required to complete each statement by choosing the appropriate answer from the four choices marked A, B, C, and D. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
单项选择。将答案写在答题卷上。
6. He __________ the mechanical teacher __________, but doesn't know how to put it together.
A. takes ... apart   B. takes ... in   C. takes ... over  D. takes ... up
7. The main problem is usually reading: many students complain _________ how much they have to read!
A. on     B. by    C. with    D. about
8. On __________ the aircraft were 331 passengers, quietly preparing for the flight.
A. broad     B. abroad   C. board    D. aboard
9. So far, only one man has __________ a theory that seems to fit all the facts.
A. kept up with  B. come up with  C. caught up with D. teamed up with
10. The Nazis who came to __________ in Germany in 1931 believed that Jews should be destroyed.
A. force   B. strength   C. power   D. command
11. We've progressed from just trying to see if humans could go, to creating a space program whose _________ goal is to obtain medical, material or technical benefits for every human on earth.
A. primitive    B. primary   C. prime    D. premier
12. If you meet a new word, try to __________ the meaning before using a dictionary.
A. confer    B. suffer    C. refer    D. infer
13. __________ his sister, Jack is quiet and does not easily make friends with others.
A. Dislike    B. Unlike   C. Alike    D. Liking
14. To become a stuntwoman, you have to __________ the right qualifications.
A. contain    B. maintain   C. restrain   D. obtain
15. In a hospital, the operation is simple, but the right equipment was not __________ on the plane. We had to use something else.
A. identical   B. available   C. affordable  D. conventional
Section III Cloze                                            [10 points]
Each blank in the following passage is provided with four choices. Read the passage and choose the best answer for each blank. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
阅读下面这篇短文,从短文中所给的各题的4个选项A、B、C、D中选出能填入相应空白处的最佳选项。将答案写在答题卷上。
To find out what the weather is going to be, most people go straight to the radio, television or newspaper to get an expert weather forecast. But __________(16) you know what to look for, you can use your own __________(17) to make weather predictions.
There are many __________(18) which can help you. For example, in fair weather the air pressure is generally __________(19). The air is still and often full of dust. Faraway objects may look __________(20). But when a storm is gathering, the pressure __________(21) and you are often able to see things more clearly. Sailors took note of this long ago and came __________(22) with a saying "The further the sight, the nearer the rain."
Your sense of __________(23) can also help you detect weather changes. Just__________(24) it rains, odours (气味) become stronger. This is __________(25) odours are suppressed in a fair weather, high-pressure center. When a bad weather low moves in, air pressure lessens and odours are released.
16. A. if    B. unless   C. though   D. as
17. A. experiences  B. senses   C. feelings   D. ways
18. A. forms   B. signals   C. signs    D. expressions
19. A. high    B. low    C. strong   D. weak
20. A. big    B. small    C. clear    D. misty
21. A. rises    B. drops    C. increases   D. disappears
22. A. up    B. over    C. upon    D. on
23. A. touch    B. taste    C. smell    D. sight
24. A. when    B. as    C. after     D. before
25. A. why    B. because   C. how    D. when
Section IV Reading Comprehension                          [30 points]
Each of the following two passages is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C, and D. Decide on the best choice. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
阅读下面短文,从每题所给的4个选项A、B、C、D中选出最佳选项。将答案写在答题卷上。
Passage 1
The Fun They Had (Part 1)
1. Margie dictated it that night to her telescreen diary. On the screen headed 17 May 2155 she wrote: “Today Tommy found a real book!”
2. It was a very old book. Margie’s grandfather once said that when he was a little boy his grandfather told him that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper.
3. They turned the pages, which were yellow with age, and it was awfully difficult to read words that stood still instead of moving, the way they were supposed to — on a screen, you know. And then, when they turned back to the page before, it had the same words on it that it had when they read it the first time.
4. “Gee” said Tommy, “what a waste. When you’re through with the book, you just throw it away, I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it and it’s good for plenty more. I wouldn’t throw it away.”
5. “Same as mine,” said Margie. She was eleven and hadn’t seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was thirteen.
6. She said “Where did you find it?”
“In my house.” He pointed up without looking, because he was busy reading. “In the attic.”
“What’s it about?”
“School.”
Margie was scornful. “School? What's there to write about school? I hate school.”
7. Margie always hated school, but now she hated it even more than ever. The mechanical teacher had been giving her test after test in geography and she had been doing worse and worse until her mother had shaken her head sorrowfully and sent for the County Inspector.
8. He was a round little man with a red face and a whole box of tools with dials and wires. He smiled at Margie and gave her an apple, then took the teacher apart. Margie had hoped he wouldn’t know how to put it together again, but he knew how all right, and, after an hour or so, there it was again, large and ugly, with a big screen on which all the lessons were shown and the questions were asked.
9. That wasn’t so bad. The part Margie hated most was the slot where she had to put homework and test papers. She always had to write them out in punch code they made her learn when she was six years old, and the mechanical teacher calculated the mark in no time.
26. Tommy found a "real book" in his attic. There is a word which may be considered the opposite of it. What is it?
A. screen
B. telebook
C. television
D. slot
27. Tommy says, "I wouldn't throw it away." (part 1, para 4) What does it mean here? A. The diary
B. The computer
C. The real book
D. The television screen
28. What does "it's good for plenty more" (part 1, para 4) mean?
A. It's able to provide more books.
B. It has a lot of good books.
C. It is good to read more books.
D. It is good to do more.
29. What does "took the teacher apart" (part 1, para 8) mean?
A. Took the teacher away.
B. Opened up the teacher.
C. Destroyed the teacher.
D. Divided the teacher into two parts.
30. What did Margie learn when she was six years old?
A. How to put her homework and test papers into the slot in the machine.
B. How to write her homework and test papers.
C. How to write in a punch code.
D. How to study with other kids.
Passage 2
A film belongs to its producer. He has paid for it and it is given to him when it is made. But it is the director who makes the film. There are three people who work closely with the director in the different stages of making a film. They are the scriptwriter, the cameraman and the editor. The director must be able to work well with all three of them if the film is to be really good.
The director and the writer must both be enthusiastic about the story and understand what the other wants to say. Each of them must have a clear idea of what the film is going to look like before they start filming. When the film is finished, the writer can see his ideas on the screen. And the director should feel that everything looks and sounds the way he wants it.
The director also discusses each scene with his lighting cameraman. He is the man on whom the whole visual atmosphere of the film depends. A director will often ask for a particular lighting cameraman by name, one that he knows and trusts. Griffith always worked with Billy Bitzer, Eisenstein with Edouard Tisse and Alfred Hitchcock mostly with Robert Burks.
The place in the film studio where the scene is acted is called the set. Before the acting can begin, the lighting cameraman has to light the set. He knows exactly where the actors will stand. He knows how many cameras he is going to use and how the cameras are going to move. If the director wants shadows, the lighting cameraman has to make sure that they are in the right places. The sound engineer works with him. He has to put microphones where they will pick up the actors' voices best. But the microphones must never be seen in the picture the camera takes.
In the end, when all the shooting is finished, the director can start the final stage of making the film. This is called editing. Here the hundreds of pieces of film are cut up and stuck together in the right order. This is done by the editor.
We have seen that the director works with other people all the time. But the director must know from the beginning what he wants the film to look like. And he must make sure that everyone understands what he wants. Sometimes that is not the easiest thing in the world.
31. A film producer is one who _______
A. makes a film
B. buys a completed film
C. gathers together the money to make a film
D. is paid for making a film
32. According to the passage, a really good film requires _______ .
A. the director to collaborate well with other directors
B. the director to collaborate well with the scriptwriter, the cameraman, and the editor
C. the director, the cameraman and the editor to work closely with each other
D. the scriptwriter, the cameraman and the editor to work closely with each other
33. It is suggested in the passage that a film _______ .
A. shows the ideas of both the scriptwriter and the director
B. reflects the enthusiasm of the scriptwriter and the actors
C. shows the director's feelings
D. shows the director's understanding of the story
34. It can be inferred that Billy Bitzer, Edouard Tisse and Robert Burks were all _______ .
A. film producers
B. film directors
C. actors
D. lighting cameramen
35. Which of the following is a job of the lighting cameraman's?
A. Making the sets.
B. Lighting the actors wherever they are.
C. Making shadows where necessary.
D. Putting microphones where they will pick up the actors' voices best.
Section V Translation                                       [15 points]
Translate the following sentences into Chinese. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.  
将下列句子翻译成汉语。将答案写在答题卷上。
36. For most of history, the answers eluded us. The 20th century and beyond is different.
37. The number of this group must amount to at least as many as those who speak English as a first and second language.
38. In this book you will find many suggestions on how to read more efficiently, and these should help to make the burden of reading lighter.
Section VI Writing                                           [15 points]
You are required to write a composition on the topic “My Favorite Sport” with no less than 80 words based on the outline given below.
要求在30分钟内,以My Favorite Sport为题,写一篇80字左右的英语作文。作文应以下列论点为提纲,但不要逐字翻译。
1. 我是怎样锻炼身体的。
2. 我最喜欢的运动方式。
3. 我最喜欢这种运动方式的原因。

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 14:41