注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1095|回复: 0

东大网院22年9月大学英语(二)_2020春_03百分

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-9-9 12:09:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大学英语(二)_2020春_03
1.[单选题]I'm sure the book is very ________ and children are ______ it.
答案资料下载请参考帮助中心说明
    A.interested,interesting
    B.interesting,interested in
    C.interested in,interesting
    D.interesting,interested
    正确答案:——B——
2.[单选题]Sometimes customers are not pleasedtheir purchase.
    A.at
    B.for
    C.with
    D.to
    正确答案:——C——
3.[单选题]The dictionary defines a workaholic_____ “ a person obsessively addicted to work.”
    A.as
    B.for
    C.that
    D.like
    正确答案:——A——
4.[单选题]It wasn’t long before he got caughtagain, so he was sent to prison.
    A.stole
    B.stolen
    C.stealing
    D.being stealing
    正确答案:————
5.[单选题]_________ I understand your point of view, I do not share it.
    A.despite
    B.however
    C.until
    D.while
6.[单选题]I could not move my handsthey were not mine.
    A.even though
    B.as if
    C.like
    D.so
7.[单选题]Would you please speak more slowly? I can hardly ______ you.
    A.talk with
    B.agree with
    C.follow
    D.hear
8.[单选题]The radio says there will be a ______ rain tomorrow.
    A.big
    B.large
    C.heavy
    D.heavily
9.[单选题]--__________ we make it half past seven?--What about _______ it a little earlier? 
    A.Shall,making
    B.Shall,to make
    C.Will,making
    D.Will, to make
10.[单选题]The heavy rain stopped the children ______ to the park.
    A.to go
    B.gone
    C.from going
    D.go
11.[单选题]The government is trying everything possible to keepthe currency from falling _____ value.
    A./
    B.in
    C.about
    D.at
12.[单选题]________ of last month we had seen five English films.
    A.By the end
    B.At the end of
    C.In the end
    D.To the end
13.[单选题]The car would not stop so that itinto the wall.
    A.crashed
    B.hit
    C.bumped
    D.rammed
14.[单选题]--________ will your sister be back ?--In about two hours.
    A.How
    B.How often
    C.How long
    D.How soon
15.[单选题]You'd better ______ to school, _____ you?
    A.not go,shall
    B.not to go,will
    C.not going,had
    D.not go,had
16.[单选题]Please _____ your coat. It's very cold outside. 
    A.dress
    B.be in
    C.put on
    D.wear
17.[单选题]Now you get _______ , go out and try your luck.
    A.dressing
    B.dressed
    C.dress
    D.dresses
18.[单选题]How long have you _______?
    A.married
    B.be married
    C.got married
    D.been married
19.[单选题]Don't let the children _______ in the reading room.
    A.shout
    B.to shout
    C.shouting
    D.shouted
20.[单选题]-- Our holiday was _______. -- Yes, I’ve never had __________. 
    A.such great,the better one
    B.greatly,a good one
    C.so great,a better one
    D.very good,the best one
21.[单选题]--How much did you ________for the pen? --Five yuan.
    A.cost
    B.take
    C.pay
    D.buy
22.[单选题]They would inform him _____ any progress they had made.
    A.of
    B./
    C.to
    D.for
23.[单选题]Granny told the girl the moon ______ in the west.
    A.goes down
    B.went down
    C.is going down
    D.was going down
24.[单选题]Oh, boys and girls, come in please. And make _________at home. 
    A.yourself
    B.us
    C.you
    D.yourselves
25.[单选题]I will _____ to my manager to find the exact figures.
    A.relate
    B.refer
    C.ask
    D.let

Except for a few times, Americans are not big present-givers. There's no exchange of presents among business people, and if one American tries to give another a present, it may look like that he wants to bribe (贿赂) him. Americans have learned that in some other countries people like to give presents to others, but among ourselves we don't see the need for presents.  Even friends may never exchange presents. When I go to foreign countries, I try to bring back little things for close friends, but nobody would feel unhappy if I didn't. I don't often remember a friend's birthday, and few people outside of my family remember mine. If someone gave me presents too often, I'd get unpleasant. But a present from a foreigner - that kind from his or her homeland — won't go wrong, except to government employees (政府职员) who can't be given presents.  You usually open a present at once and in front of the person who gives it except Christmas and birthday presents. You should only say, "It's so nice. Thanks…" when you get Christmas or birthday presents.  You may want to bring a bottle of wine or flowers to a dinner party, but you're never asked to. Nobody will mind if you bring wine, but your friend may not use it that evening.  At Christmas we often give presents to our family and sometimes our friends. We also give presents to people who have been helpful during the year- doormen, babysitters, housecleaners, newspaper senders— anyone who has often helped us.
(2.0 分)56.What does "close friends" mean in the passage?A.The friends who are very kind.B.The friends who live close to each other.C.The friends who were once classmates.D.The friends who you like most.(2.0 分)57.What kind of presents don't Americans usually open in front of the givers?A.The small presents.B.Christmas or birthday presents.C.The expensive presents.D.The presents for dinner party.(2.0 分)58.Why do Americans also give presents to housecleaners at Christmas?A.To pay them.B.To help them.C.To thank them.D.To make them work harder.(2.0 分)59.Which of the following do you think is right?A.American business people don't want presents because they are rich enoughB.The writer of this passage must be an American.C.Everyone must give presents to one's family and friends at Christmas.D.Government employees can get little presents from a foreigner.(2.0 分)60.What is the main idea of the passage?A.Present-giving in the United States.B.Customs (习俗) in the United States.C.American people and present-giving.D.When and how to give presents.
Most people want to be happy, but few know how to find happiness. Money and success alone do not bring lasting happiness. Aristotle, a Greek thinker, said, “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” In other words, we make our own happiness. Here are a few suggestions to help you be happier.The first secret of happiness is to enjoy the simple things in life. Too often, we spend too much time thinking about the future-for example, getting into college or getting a good job—that we fail to enjoy the present. You should enjoy life’s simple pleasures, such as reading a good book, listening to your favorite music, or spending time with close friends. People who have several close friends often live happier and healthier lives.Another secret to living a happy life is to be active. Many people go dancing or play sports. People can forget about their problems and only think about the activities.Finally, many people find happiness in helping others. Studies show that people feel good when they spend their time helping others. If you want to feel happier, do good things for someone. You can help a friend with his or her studies, go shopping to buy food for an elderly person, or simply help out around the house by washing the dishes.
(2.0 分)61.The best title of this passage is _____________ .A.The Secrets of HappinessB.Money Makes You HappyC.Ideas for Helping Other People to Be HappyD.Good Friends Make You Happy(2.0 分)62.The second paragraph tells us that_________.A.the more friends you have, the happier you’ll beB.we shouldn’t think about our futureC.happiness is to enjoy the simple things in lifeD.some people fail to live a happy life(2.0 分)63.The passage gives us ______ pieces of advice on happiness.A.oneB.twoC.threeD.four(2.0 分)64.The writer thinks that _________.A.everyone knows how to live a happier lifeB.It’s wrong to spend time on workC.hobbies take up too much timeD.doing good things for someone can make you happier(2.0 分)65.Which of the following is not mentioned in the passage?A.Reading a good bookB.Traveling to a foreign countryC.Playing a sportD.Spending time with close friends

(15.0 分)The water and the land are thought part of the earth surface. The air is  26  A.usuallyB.seldomC.neverD.sometimesthought a kind of blanket   27  A.aboveB.aroundC.acrossD.amongthe earth. But it is  28  A.betterB.moreC.lessD.worsethan that. Maybe you have been in a cave  29  A.wideB.highC.longD.deep inthe earth. Did you think about the air that was in the cave? The land has some air mixed in it. Air is even mixed  30  A.atB.inC.withD.tothe water in the sea. These examples show that some air is  31  A.belowB.beforeC.betweenD.besidethe earth’s surface as well as above it.Men once  32  A.foundB.thoughtC.knewD.understoodthat there were four basic things from which everything else was made. They  33  A.calledB.toldC.nameD.saidthese things-earth, fire, air and water the four elements.  34  A.ThatB.ForC.AsD.Soman made more observations, they  35  A.believeB.plannedC.decidedD.wantthat fire was not an element.  36  A.EndB.At lastC.HardlyD.Nearly they concluded that land, air and water were not elements,  37  A.tooB.neitherC.alsoD.either.  38  A.TrueB.ReadC.In factD.Correctly, there are more than 100 elements from which scientists believe all things are made.  39  A.WhenB.AsC.SinceD.Thoughland, air and water are not elements, they are three main parts of man’s environment. You will  40  A.examB.studyC.exerciseD.knowmore about them as you study the earth.
(15.0 分)After her husband had gone to work, Mrs. Richards sent her children to school and went upstairs to her bedroom. She was too  41  A.angryB.readyC.frightenedD.excitedto do any housework that morning,  42  A.forB.butC.soD.and inthe evening she was going to an interesting fancy dress party(化装舞会) with her husband. What she  43  A.wanted to seeB.wanted to playC.was afraid to seeD.was afraid to playwas a terrible genie (妖怪) and as she had made that special dress of hers the night before, she was anxious to try it on.  44  A.ThoughB.ButC.AndD.Ifthe dress was just a big piece of old cloth which was red, green, black and white, it would be very effective (有效的) to make her like a real genie. After putting it on, Mrs. Richards went downstairs happily. She wanted to find out  45  A.thatB.howC.whetherD.whenit would be comfortable to wear.Just as Mrs. Richards was entering the dining-room there was a  46  A.knockB.voiceC.manD.bakerat the door. She thought that it  47  A.mayB.mustC.wouldn’tD.couldn’t be the baker. She had told him to come straight in if she  48  A.notB.hadC.triedD.failedto open the door and leave the bread on the kitchen table. Now not wanting to  49  A.seeB.frightenC.helpD.scold the poor man, Mrs. Richards quickly  50  A.wentB.layC.appearedD.hid inthe small storeroom under the stairs. She heard the front door open and a man came in. When Mrs. Richards  51  A.thoughtB.wonderedC.imaginedD.realizedthat it was the man from the electricity board (供电局) who had come to read the meter (电表), she walked out of the hiding-place suddenly and tried to explain the matter, saying with a smile, “It’s only  52  A.meB.youC.gameD.play! It is not   53  A.goodB.necessaryC.lateD.earlyfor you to be  54  A.offB.hereC.afraidD.sorry!” But it was too late. The man let out a sharp cry and jumped back several paces. Then he ran away,  55  A.pushingB.lockingC.knockingD.shuttingthe door behind him with great force and noise.

Except for a few times, Americans are not big present-givers. There's no exchange of presents among business people, and if one American tries to give another a present, it may look like that he wants to bribe (贿赂) him. Americans have learned that in some other countries people like to give presents to others, but among ourselves we don't see the need for presents.  Even friends may never exchange presents. When I go to foreign countries, I try to bring back little things for close friends, but nobody would feel unhappy if I didn't. I don't often remember a friend's birthday, and few people outside of my family remember mine. If someone gave me presents too often, I'd get unpleasant. But a present from a foreigner - that kind from his or her homeland — won't go wrong, except to government employees (政府职员) who can't be given presents.  You usually open a present at once and in front of the person who gives it except Christmas and birthday presents. You should only say, "It's so nice. Thanks…" when you get Christmas or birthday presents.  You may want to bring a bottle of wine or flowers to a dinner party, but you're never asked to. Nobody will mind if you bring wine, but your friend may not use it that evening.  At Christmas we often give presents to our family and sometimes our friends. We also give presents to people who have been helpful during the year- doormen, babysitters, housecleaners, newspaper senders— anyone who has often helped us.
(2.0 分)56.What does "close friends" mean in the passage?A.The friends who are very kind.B.The friends who live close to each other.C.The friends who were once classmates.D.The friends who you like most.(2.0 分)57.What kind of presents don't Americans usually open in front of the givers?A.The small presents.B.Christmas or birthday presents.C.The expensive presents.D.The presents for dinner party.(2.0 分)58.Why do Americans also give presents to housecleaners at Christmas?A.To pay them.B.To help them.C.To thank them.D.To make them work harder.(2.0 分)59.Which of the following do you think is right?A.American business people don't want presents because they are rich enoughB.The writer of this passage must be an American.C.Everyone must give presents to one's family and friends at Christmas.D.Government employees can get little presents from a foreigner.(2.0 分)60.What is the main idea of the passage?A.Present-giving in the United States.B.Customs (习俗) in the United States.C.American people and present-giving.D.When and how to give presents.
Most people want to be happy, but few know how to find happiness. Money and success alone do not bring lasting happiness. Aristotle, a Greek thinker, said, “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” In other words, we make our own happiness. Here are a few suggestions to help you be happier.The first secret of happiness is to enjoy the simple things in life. Too often, we spend too much time thinking about the future-for example, getting into college or getting a good job—that we fail to enjoy the present. You should enjoy life’s simple pleasures, such as reading a good book, listening to your favorite music, or spending time with close friends. People who have several close friends often live happier and healthier lives.Another secret to living a happy life is to be active. Many people go dancing or play sports. People can forget about their problems and only think about the activities.Finally, many people find happiness in helping others. Studies show that people feel good when they spend their time helping others. If you want to feel happier, do good things for someone. You can help a friend with his or her studies, go shopping to buy food for an elderly person, or simply help out around the house by washing the dishes.
(2.0 分)61.The best title of this passage is _____________ .A.The Secrets of HappinessB.Money Makes You HappyC.Ideas for Helping Other People to Be HappyD.Good Friends Make You Happy(2.0 分)62.The second paragraph tells us that_________.A.the more friends you have, the happier you’ll beB.we shouldn’t think about our futureC.happiness is to enjoy the simple things in lifeD.some people fail to live a happy life(2.0 分)63.The passage gives us ______ pieces of advice on happiness.A.oneB.twoC.threeD.four(2.0 分)64.The writer thinks that _________.A.everyone knows how to live a happier lifeB.It’s wrong to spend time on workC.hobbies take up too much timeD.doing good things for someone can make you happier(2.0 分)65.Which of the following is not mentioned in the passage?A.Reading a good bookB.Traveling to a foreign countryC.Playing a sportD.Spending time with close friends

(15.0 分)The water and the land are thought part of the earth surface. The air is  26  A.usuallyB.seldomC.neverD.sometimesthought a kind of blanket   27  A.aboveB.aroundC.acrossD.amongthe earth. But it is  28  A.betterB.moreC.lessD.worsethan that. Maybe you have been in a cave  29  A.wideB.highC.longD.deep inthe earth. Did you think about the air that was in the cave? The land has some air mixed in it. Air is even mixed  30  A.atB.inC.withD.tothe water in the sea. These examples show that some air is  31  A.belowB.beforeC.betweenD.besidethe earth’s surface as well as above it.Men once  32  A.foundB.thoughtC.knewD.understoodthat there were four basic things from which everything else was made. They  33  A.calledB.toldC.nameD.saidthese things-earth, fire, air and water the four elements.  34  A.ThatB.ForC.AsD.Soman made more observations, they  35  A.believeB.plannedC.decidedD.wantthat fire was not an element.  36  A.EndB.At lastC.HardlyD.Nearly they concluded that land, air and water were not elements,  37  A.tooB.neitherC.alsoD.either.  38  A.TrueB.ReadC.In factD.Correctly, there are more than 100 elements from which scientists believe all things are made.  39  A.WhenB.AsC.SinceD.Thoughland, air and water are not elements, they are three main parts of man’s environment. You will  40  A.examB.studyC.exerciseD.knowmore about them as you study the earth.
(15.0 分)After her husband had gone to work, Mrs. Richards sent her children to school and went upstairs to her bedroom. She was too  41  A.angryB.readyC.frightenedD.excitedto do any housework that morning,  42  A.forB.butC.soD.and inthe evening she was going to an interesting fancy dress party(化装舞会) with her husband. What she  43  A.wanted to seeB.wanted to playC.was afraid to seeD.was afraid to playwas a terrible genie (妖怪) and as she had made that special dress of hers the night before, she was anxious to try it on.  44  A.ThoughB.ButC.AndD.Ifthe dress was just a big piece of old cloth which was red, green, black and white, it would be very effective (有效的) to make her like a real genie. After putting it on, Mrs. Richards went downstairs happily. She wanted to find out  45  A.thatB.howC.whetherD.whenit would be comfortable to wear.Just as Mrs. Richards was entering the dining-room there was a  46  A.knockB.voiceC.manD.bakerat the door. She thought that it  47  A.mayB.mustC.wouldn’tD.couldn’t be the baker. She had told him to come straight in if she  48  A.notB.hadC.triedD.failedto open the door and leave the bread on the kitchen table. Now not wanting to  49  A.seeB.frightenC.helpD.scold the poor man, Mrs. Richards quickly  50  A.wentB.layC.appearedD.hid inthe small storeroom under the stairs. She heard the front door open and a man came in. When Mrs. Richards  51  A.thoughtB.wonderedC.imaginedD.realizedthat it was the man from the electricity board (供电局) who had come to read the meter (电表), she walked out of the hiding-place suddenly and tried to explain the matter, saying with a smile, “It’s only  52  A.meB.youC.gameD.play! It is not   53  A.goodB.necessaryC.lateD.earlyfor you to be  54  A.offB.hereC.afraidD.sorry!” But it was too late. The man let out a sharp cry and jumped back several paces. Then he ran away,  55  A.pushingB.lockingC.knockingD.shuttingthe door behind him with great force and noise.

转载请注明,无忧答案网

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 15:05