QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1213|回复: 0

20秋北理工大学英语2A

[复制链接]
发表于 2020-8-8 12:53:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
(22)                 《大学英语二》(A卷)
第一部分:交际用语(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
此部分共有15个未完成的对话,针对每个对话中未完成的部分有4个选项,请从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。
—Can I ask you a few questions?  
—_________
A. What do you do?      B. It’s a good idea.      C. No, thanks.      D. Certainly.
—Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the bus stop?
—_________
A. Yes, go straight down this way to the end.         B. Why do you ask me the way?
C. Yes, I will.                                  D. No, I can't tell you that.
—Do you think I could borrow your dictionary?
—_________.
A. Yes, you may borrow                                                  B. Yes, you could     
C. Yes, go on                                                D. Yes, help yourselves
— Bring me the bill, please.   
—________.
A. You are welcome                                  B. Please wait for a moment, sir
C. I'll hurry up                                       D. Be quick
—Can I have a look at your letter, please?  
—________.            .
A. Excuse me, you can’t                                B. I’m afraid you can’t   
C. I can’t agree with you                                D. Yes, thank you
— Are you going on holiday for a long time?   
— _________.
A. It was a long time            B. Two weeks ago   
C. No, only a couple of days                           D. Not long time ago
—Could I ask you a rather personal question?   
—Of course, _________.
A. good idea        B. that’s right        C. never mind         D. go ahead
—Are you getting a new flat this year?   
—_________, I can’t afford to pay my bills, let alone buy a new flat.
A. Without question                             B. You must be joking   
C. Good idea!                                  D. Are you sure?
—Doctor, I don’t feel well.
—_________
A. You are fine.                                              B. It doesn’t matter.   
C. What’s the matter?                                D. Don’t take it seriously.
—Could you help me put up the signs on the wall?     
—_________.
A. No problem     B. I hope so      C. That’s all right     D. That’s a good idea
11. —I need to go to the library today. Do you know what time it closes?  
—                
A No, thanks.                                    B I'm very busy now.       
C At about 5:30.        D I don't need to go there.
12. —David injured his leg playing football yesterday.  
—Really? ________?
A Who did that                              B What’s wrong with him   
C How did that happen                        D Why was he so careless
13. —Madam, do all the buses go downtown?   
— ________.
A Wow, you got the idea                       B No, never mind      
C pretty well, I guess                          D Sorry, I’m new here
14. —You haven't paid for it yet.   
   —        
A Oh, I'm really very sorry.                              B. Thank you.
C Not at all.                                       D. Of course, I know.
15. —Hey, Linda. You look so pale. What's the matter?  
—          ?
A. Thank you.                                B Are you OK?       
C I'm just getting over the flu.                   D I'm feeling well.
第二部分:阅读理解(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)
此部分共有2篇短文,每篇短文后有5个问题。请从每个问题后的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。
Questions 16 to 20 are based on the following passage:
I worked as a manager in a company for a number of years. I liked my job, and was doing well there, but our company was bought by a larger company and most of the managers at our place lost their jobs. That was when I decided to do something I'd always wanted to do ― become a freelance (自由撰稿的) writer. Changing professions (职业) has meant that my lifestyle has changed in a number of ways.
The main difference for me now is that I have a much more flexible (灵活的) schedule. I work about as much as I did before ― between 45 and 50 hours a week ― but my schedule is much less rigid than it used to be. Before, I worked from 8 to 5 every day, with a few extra hours on weekends. Now, however, I work when I feel like it. For instance, sometimes I work until midnight or 2 A.M., then sleep until noon. I really prefer this kind of schedule. It seems more natural to me.
I also decided that it was about time I began to pay more attention to my health. While I was working as a manager, I never exercised. I already felt tired after work, so I just came home in the evening and watched TV. However, last year I joined a health club and began to do regular exercise. As a result I have lost over 10 pounds and I feel much better. I've also started to eat more healthfully. I used to eat a lot of fast food, but now I do my own shopping. I buy lots of fruits and vegetables and cook them at home.
Of course, not all the changes have been that easy. For example, I don't feel as secure financially as I used to. When I was working as a manager, I never worried much about money. I could always count on getting my paycheck every two weeks. Working freelance, I don't have a regular paycheck. So now I have to make sure there's enough money until the next check arrives.
All in all, I really like my current lifestyle. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll never want to have a "regular" job. But for now, at least, it suits me.
16. Why did the author decide to become a freelance writer?
A.         He had always liked writing.                B.         He was dissatisfied with his company.
C.         He never liked his job as a manager.         D.         He wanted to change his lifestyle.
17. What is the main difference the job change brought to the author?
A.         He works fewer hours a week.                 
B.         He does not have to work on weekends.
C.         He can change his schedule as he likes.        
D.         He can work at night and sleep late.
18. Why does the author do his own cooking now?
A.         He wants to lose weight.                    B. He has got lots of free time on his hands.
C.         He no longer feels tired after work.          D. He wants to eat more healthfully.
19. What is his chief problem now?
A.         He cannot count on his paycheck to arrive on time.          
B.  He has no regular work to do.
C.         He has to find a publisher for his books.                 
D.  He has to worry about money.
20. At the end of the passage, the author indicates that _____.
A.         he is going to find a regular job soon        
B.         he is not going to change his lifestyle in the near future
C.         he will continue to write for the rest of his life        
D.         he will soon find out whether writing is a good career for him
Questions 21 to 25 are based on the following passage:
Some people have it easy. When their kids ask them what they do at work, they can give a simple, direct answer: “I put out fires” or “I fix sick people” or “I teach primary school”. As a theoretical(理论的)physicist, I nerve had this luck. Society has come to expect many things from the physicists. It used to be that we only had to discover the basic laws of the world and supply the techniques that would power the next Silicon Valley (硅谷).With these expectations we were fairly comfortable: they are the sorts of things we think we know how to do. What makes us uncomfortable-and what makes it hard for us to tell our kids what we’re up to –is that in this century we have become ,though unwillingly, gurus on questions such as “What is that nature of Reality(现实)?”
   We now deal with a whole new class of problem. We ask how the world began and what the nature of matter is. The answers we are coming up with are just not easy to comprehend for the average person.
   So,when physicists get out of their cars in the morning, have a cup of coffee and sit down in front of their computers, they leave a familiar world and enter a place where things act In strange ways that are impossible for ordinary people to understand.
21. According to the passage, in a way physicists are _______.
   A. intelligent
   B. comfortable
   C. strange
   D. unlucky
22. Judging from the context, the word “guru” in the first paragraph most probably means a person ________.
   A. who acts as a teacher and answers big questions
   B. Who gives wrong answers to big questions?
   C. who does not have answers to big questions
   D. who is eager to supply answers to big questions  
23. Which of the following is true according to what the author says about physicists?
   A. Physicists do not like their jobs.
   B. Physicists live in two different worlds.
   C. Physicists are coming up with new answers to old question.
   D. Physicists don’t have to tell people what are doing.
24. Which of the following statements is true of theoretical physicist?
   A. They only have to answer the basic questions about the world.
   B. They have contributed to the new industry about the world.
   C. They have disappointed the expectations of many people.
   D. They have found it hard to make friends with ordinary people.
25. Which of the following is true about the job of today’s physicists?
   A. It is getting easier with the help of modern technology. B. It Is not related to any practical use.
   C. It cannot be done by a person with average intelligence.
   D. It is beyond the comprehension of ordinary people.
第三部分:词汇与结构(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)
此部分共有10个未完成的句子,针对每个句子中未完成的部分有4个选项,请从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。
26. At 6:30 a.m. next morning the train         Central Station, Glasgow.
        A. pulled into                         B. came down                 C. laid out                         D. sought out
27. A sob caught his throat and he coughed to         it.
        A. prohibit                             B. mask                         C. emit                                   D. crash
28. She’s been reported missing and we’re checking her movements for the two weeks before she         .
        A. vanished                         B. survived                         C. observed                 D. revealed
29. In a small enterprise or department, management by inertia (惰性) is a         disease.
        A. current                                B. deadly                         C. radical                         D. typical
30. Mr. Trump would not         details of his plan for a new factory to make mobile phones in China.
        A. expose                        B. reveal                         C. indicate                          D. enclose
31. But it is         that publishers, to stay in business, need to bring out a large number of titles every year.
A. spontaneous                        B. boring                C. elementary      D. evident
32. “We have monitored in the area and there is no         to health,” she said.
A. suggestion                       B. hazard                         C. compliment                 D. recipe
33. He could see her lips          and hoped she would not cry in public again.
A. disturbing                                B. trembling                         C. shaking             D. stooping
34. The result of every accident, however         , is a rise in the cost of insurance(保险).
A. radical                                  B. rare                                  C. reluctant                  D. minor
35. The only way to          a fear is to face it, and to do so as frequently as possible.
A. commit                                B. enlarge                         C. communicate         D. conquer
第四部分:完形填空(共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)
以下短文中含有10个未完成的句子。针对每个句子中空缺部分有4个选项,请根据文章的意思从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,使文章完整通顺,并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。
After I had been waiting there much more than ten minutes, I felt certain I must have missed the bus. There was only one thing I could do about that: I would just have to walk home. Of course it was entirely my own fault. Jane had told me the last bus always  36  at Sutton at ten thirty and it was now ten to eleven.
It would  37  me at least an hour and a half and maybe more to walk to my home in Forest End. But there was a  38  moon in the sky and I was quite used to walking much  39  than that. Perhaps I  40  better not take the short cut through the words. I might easily      41  my way in the darkness.     I was halfway home when I heard a car moving slowly behind me. Could it be my imagination  42   was it actually following me down the hill? Why ever should it be making such slow progress? I decided to  43  what was the matter, so I stood still  44  I were waiting for it to pass me. It stopped just beside me. The door opened and a man got out, who said anxiously, “Have you any idea where we can get petrol at this time of night? We’ve just  45  out completely.”
36. A. crossed                           B. past                                    C. stopped                        D. passed
37. A. spend                            B. cost                                      C. take                                   D. use
38. A. empty                              B. complete                        C. white                                  D. full
39. A. far                           B. father                    C. further                     D. fast
40. A. had                               B. would                       C. did                          D. should
41. A. see                        B. find                        C. notice                         D. lose
42. A. or                                     B. and                            C. but                        D. while
43. A. work out                    B. find out                   C. put out                D. make out
44. A. even if                             B. as if                            C. though                 D. until
45. A. driven                          B. run                              C. come                    D. gone(22)
《大学英语2 》(A卷 )答题纸第五部分:英译汉(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
请把下列5句英文翻译成中文,并在本页上端填写考生信息。
46. What do you think is the likeliest time to find him at home?                                                                           
47. Henry's works of art are superior in many respects to those of his brother's.                                                                          
48. It is clearly his young assistant who is running the book store.                                                                          
49. The room smells of stale air. It must have been vacant for a long time.

50. It is very likely that he will be rejected by the army because of his bad eyesight.                                                                           转载注明 无忧答案网

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 19:07