QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2193|回复: 0

重庆大学网院2013年4月份大学英语(4)第二次作业答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-3-25 01:00:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2013年4月份考试大学英语(4)第二次作业

一、单项选择题 (共60题、总分60分)
1.        I owe a great deal to my coach. Without his encouragement, I ( ) my goal.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 will never have achieved
B、 needn''t have achieved
C、 mustn''t have achieved
D、 would never have achieved
2.        We don''t need a car, ( ).  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 and neither can we afford it
B、 neither we can afford it
C、 and we can neither afford it
D、 neither can afford it
3.        He ( ) his toys all over the floor and I had to pick them up.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 used to scatter
B、 is used to scattered
C、 used to scattering
D、 scatter
4.        I saw the baby was about to fall off the bed and caught it just ( ) the nick of time.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 in
B、 on
C、 at
D、 for
5.        The ( )talks were the base of the later agreement.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 initial
B、 reasonable
C、 precious
D、 obvious
6.        It is disgusting ( ) the students do not want to work for a living.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 what
B、 that
C、 where
D、 how
7.        Children need praise much ( ) flowers need water.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 in the same way
B、 like in the same way
C、 which in the same way
D、 as in the same way
8.        The agency is more ( ) with making arty ads than understanding its clients(客户).  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 concern
B、 concerned
C、 concerning
D、 to concern
9.        If Father scolds you, it''s ( ) he wants you to set your mind on study.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 for that
B、 in that
C、 because that
D、 just that
10.        The last half of the nineteenth century ( ) the steady improvement in the means of travel.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 has witnessed
B、 was witnessed
C、 witnessed
D、 is witnessed
11.        I ( ) early in the morning and jog around the campus when I was in college.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 used to get up
B、 used to getting up
C、 was used to getting up
D、 was used to get up
12.        We gave up the house, because of( ) considerations.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 economic
B、 economical
C、 economy
D、 economics
13.        He ( ) his toys all over the floor and I had to pick them up.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 used to scatter
B、 is used to scattered
C、 used to scattering
D、 scatter
14.        I saw the baby was about to fall off the bed and caught it just ( ) the nick of time.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 in
B、 on
C、 at
D、 for
15.        If his father ( ) him to go into law, he would have pursued his dream of being an archeologist  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 has not persuaded
B、 did not persuade
C、 had not persuaded
D、 does not persuade
16.        Ruth Handler, ( ) created Barbie, the world's most popular doll, died last Sunday morning at the age of 85.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 that
B、 who
C、 she
D、 whom
17.        The Robinsons have a large garden, ( ) they never have to buy vegetables.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 because
B、 but
C、 that
D、 so
18.        I still turn to advertising, now ( ) to stay in fashion ( ) more so to find our own style.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 not…but
B、 not only…but
C、 neither … nor
D、 either…or
19.        My parents may not have had much formal education, ( ) they are interesting, articulate people.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 nevertheless
B、 however
C、 therefore
D、 furthermore
20.        As a child, I wore what my mother gave me or the ( )from my sister.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 hands-me-down
B、 hand-me-down
C、 hand-me-downs
D、 hands-me-downs
21.        Nowadays with the living standards rising many parents intend to have their children ( ) abroad.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 educate
B、 educated
C、 to educate
D、 being educated
22.        It was not very long ( ) scientists applied the technique to other species.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 while
B、 then
C、 before
D、 after
23.        He spent the whole night thinking over ( ) Mr. Smith had said at the meeting.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 all what
B、 which
C、 all
D、 that
24.        If you had not watched that late movie last night, you ( ) so sleepy this class.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 would not be
B、 will not be
C、 would have not been
D、 were not
25.        In my opinion, the management should do far more than just ( ) empty promises.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 make
B、 making
C、 to make
D、 made
26.        As far as I am concerned, the best approach ( ) performance on tests is to review lessons regularly.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 improving in
B、 improving to
C、 improving to
D、 improve
27.        We gave up the house, because of( ) considerations.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 economic
B、 economical
C、 economy
D、 economics
28.        She thought that if the ex-manager had not resigned, the financial condition of the company ( ) much better off. (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 would be
B、 have been
C、 would have been
D、 is
29.        ( ) to the park, the dog was very excited.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 Being walked
B、 Walking
C、 Having walked
D、 walked
30.        We don''t need a car, ( ).  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 and neither can we afford it
B、 neither we can afford it
C、 and we can neither afford it
D、 neither can afford it
31.        We could hear him ( ) and swearing as he tried to get the door open.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 cursing
B、 curse to
C、 curse
D、 cursed
32.        I didn''t know your trouble, otherwise I ( ) you some advice.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 had given
B、 would give
C、 must have given
D、 would have given
33.        The lecture given by Prof.Hope on the American culture was so interesting. You ( ) it.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 don''t have to miss
B、 needn''t have missed
C、 shouldn''t miss
D、 shouldn''t have missed
34.        They have been working on the project for seven months, by the end of the year they ( ) it.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 have finished
B、 will be finished
C、 will be finishing
D、 will have finished
35.        The agency is more ( ) with making arty ads than understanding its clients(客户).  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 concern
B、 concerned
C、 concerning
D、 to concern
36.        The lecture given by Prof.Hope on the American culture was so interesting. You ( ) it.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 don''t have to miss
B、 needn''t have missed
C、 shouldn''t miss
D、 shouldn''t have missed
37.        Staying motivated in your study can lead to success — ( ) you give up halfway.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 only if
B、 as long as
C、 unless
D、 lest
38.        Some of the biologists insisted that if the dam had not been constructed five years ago, miles of natural wildness along the river ( ) under protection.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 would have been
B、 will have been
C、 would be
D、 are being
39.        There are good novelists, ( ) the terrible flood of bad novel and poor work.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 despite
B、 however
C、 although
D、 anyway
40.        This digital radio looks stylish,( )it often fails to work.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 for
B、 but
C、 then
D、 furthermore
41.        If it had not snowed yesterday, we ( ) on the way to Shanghai now.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 would have been
B、 would be
C、 could have been
D、 will be
42.        Your teacher can give you ( )on choosing a career and writing a job application.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 guideline
B、 guide
C、 guidance
D、 guard
43.        I still turn to advertising, now ( ) to stay in fashion ( ) more so to find our own style.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 not…but
B、 not only…but
C、 neither … nor
D、 either…or
44.        I owe a great deal to my coach. Without his encouragement, I ( ) my goal.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 will never have achieved
B、 needn''t have achieved
C、 mustn''t have achieved
D、 would never have achieved
45.        ( ) all her friends and our relatives agree, Mother is warm-hearted, loving and generous.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 That
B、 As
C、 Which
D、 What
46.        The ship''s captain radioed that it was in ( ).  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 press
B、 press
C、 distress
D、 compress
47.        Giving the child problems he can''t solve will only ( ) him.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 frustrate
B、 challenge
C、 conquer
D、 press
48.        They want to know what to study, or whether it''s okay to drop out of college since ( ) is what I did.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 that
B、 what
C、 whose
D、 this
49.        Five hundred college students are interviewed to get accurate data for the ( ) about what are the hottest jobs to college graduates.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 check
B、 inquiry
C、 survey
D、 search
50.        Every time the telephone rings, it ( ) my work.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 interacts
B、 interferes in
C、 interprets
D、 interferes with
51.        Food and clothing are the bare ( ) of life.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 necessities
B、 necessaries
C、 essentials
D、 essence
52.        All the roommates welcome Mary''s suggestion that they ( ) only English in their dormitory.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 must speak
B、 would speak
C、 should speak
D、 had better speak
53.        College isn''t the only place ( ) information exists.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 where
B、 that
C、 what
D、 which
54.        All the roommates welcome Mary''s suggestion that they ( ) only English in their dormitory.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 must speak
B、 would speak
C、 should speak
D、 had better speak
55.        Tom spent the summer holidays in college, during ( ) time he took a part-time job and read many literary books as well.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 that
B、 this
C、 the
D、 which
56.        It was not until recently ( ) we learned the famous film star would marry that politician.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 when
B、 which
C、 that
D、 then
57.        Tom spent the summer holidays in college, during ( ) time he took a part-time job and read many literary books as well.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 that
B、 this
C、 the
D、 which
58.        If I hadn''t stood under the ladder to catch you when you fell, you ( ) now.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 couldn''t have smiled
B、 didn''t smile
C、 wouldn''t be smiling
D、 won''t smile
59.        It was not very long ( ) scientists applied the technique to other species.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 while
B、 then
C、 before
D、 after
60.        This digital radio looks stylish,( )it often fails to work.  (本题分数:1 分。)
A、 for
B、 but
C、 then
D、 furthermore
二、阅读理解单项选择题 (共4题、总分40分)
Ask three people to look out the same window at a busy street corner and tell you what they see. Chances are you will receive three different answers. Each person sees the same scene, but each perceives(察觉)something different about it.
Perceiving goes on in our minds. Of the three people who look out the window, one may say that he sees a policeman giving a motorist a ticket (罚款单). Another may say that he sees a rushhour traffic jam at the intersection. The third may tell you that he sees a woman trying to cross the street with four children in tow(拉着). For perception is the minds’s interpretation of what the senses – in this case our eyes – tell us.
Many psychologists today are working to try to determine just how a person experiences or perceives the world around him. Using a scientific approach, these psychologists set up experiments in which they can control all of the factors. By measuring and charting the results of many experiments, they are trying to find out what makes different people perceive totally different things about the same scene.
  (本题分数:10 分。)
(1).       
Seeing and perceiving are ______.
(2 分)
A、the same action  B、two separate actions  C、two actions carried on entirely by the eyes  D、several actions that take place at different times  
(2).       
Perceiving is an action that takes place ___.
(2 分)
A、in our eyes  B、 only when we think very hard about something  C、only under the direction of a psychologist  D、in every person’s mind  
(3).       
Perception involves what ____
(2 分)
A、our senses tell us  B、 our minds interpret  C、 we see with our eyes only  D、both A and B  
(4).       
People perceive different things about the same scene because ____.
(2 分)
A、they see different thing  B、they cannot agree about things  C、some have better eyesight  D、none of these  
(5).       
Psychologists study perception by _____.
(2 分)
A、setting up many experiments  B、asking each other what they see  C、looking out of windows  D、 studying people’s eyes  
Data from the pioneer spacecraft of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) apparently prove the theory that searing 900-degree Fahrenheit surface temperature of Venus is due to an atmospheric greenhouse effect caused mainly by a blanket of carbon dioxide. Such a greenhouse effect is created when energy in the form of sunlight easily passes through a planet’s atmosphere, warms its surface, and is converted to heat radiation that is then held in by the atmosphere. The orbiting spacecraft sampled Venus’ atmosphere from top to bottom, enabling NASA’s scientists to establish the exact amount of sunlight absorbed at various places in the planet’s atmosphere and on its surface. Measurements of atmosphere composition, temperature profiles, and radiative heating predicted Venus’ surface temperature very accurately. The planet is closer to the Sun than is Earth, and it has a relatively thin atmosphere like Earth’s but Venus’ atmosphere consists of more than ninety percent carbon dioxide, compared to less than four percent in that of Earth. Because of its higher percentage of carbon dioxide, Venus’ atmosphere traps much more heat radiation than does Earth’s. Thus, the Venus studies are believed to be important to the understanding of possible adverse effects on Earth’s agriculture and sea levels that could result from the long-term use of fossil fuels, which add carbon dioxide to the atmosphere.
(1).        Which of the following would be the best title for this passage? (2 分)
A、The Voyage of Pioneer Spacecraft  B、Measuring Planetary Temperatures  C、A New Theory  D、The Greenhouse Effect on Venus  
(2).       
According to the passage, what heats the atmosphere on Venus?
(2 分)
A、The green house effect  B、The sunlight  C、The radiation  D、 The carbon dioxide  
(3).       
According to the passage, how does the atmosphere of Venus differ from that of Earth?
(2 分)
A、It contains much more carbon dioxide  B、It is four percent thinner  C、It holds significantly less moisture  D、It traps less heat radiation  
(4).       
It can be inferred from the passage that the burning of fossil fuels on Earth may cause _____.
(2 分)
A、more carbon dioxide to enter sea water     B、more sunlight to reach the Earth’s surface  C、the planet’s temperature to change   D、the atmosphere to become thinner  
(5).       
According to the passage, data from the Venus study can be used to ________.
(2 分)
A、predict changes in the planet’s orbit    B、test a theory about more efficient greenhouse  C、test the efficiency of a spacecraft  D、 predict future agricultural problems on Earth  
 At dawn on January 17, 1995, the city of Kobe was rocked by earthquake tremors. The worst tremors reach 7.2 on the Richter scale. Kobe is Japan's sixth largest city. It is also one of the world's largest ports. Within minutes, Kobe was a disaster area.
How bad was the damage? The earthquake was the worst to hit Japan in 72 years. There were more than 6,000 people dead. More than 35,000 were injured, and nearly 310,000 were left homeless. Some 75,000 buildings were damaged or destroyed. Total damage was estimated at $90 billion.
Were the Japanese prepared for earthquakes? They thought they were. They were expecting a big earthquake to strike one of their major cities. But they did not know when, where, or how big the earthquake would be. Architects and engineers believed they had designed earthquake-proof buildings, transportation, and public services. Kobe's few minutes of earth tremors shattered that belief.
What did people learn from the Kobe earthquake? What happened in Kobe suggests that earthquake hazard was not taken seriously enough. Some people believe that more can be done to reduce damage. They propose the following. More work should be put into quake-proofing buildings. Walls should be built to protect towns on the coast from large waves. Providers of emergency services must be better trained and better prepared. Citizens must be better educated on what to do when an earthquake strikes.
The major barrier to doing more is cost. Japan finds itself trying balance the cost against the risk of a strong earthquake.
(1).       
Which sentence best tells what this passage says?
(2 分)
A、Cities can be made earthquake proof.  B、More can be done to reduce the damage of earthquake  C、Earthquakes always cause serious damage  D、 Nothing can be done to reduce the damage of earthquake  
(2).       
How many people died in the Kobe earthquake?
(2 分)
A、More than 6,000  B、At least 100,000  C、Nearly 310000  D、 75,000  
(3).       
What is the major difficulty in doing more to reduce the earthquake damage?
(2 分)
A、People are not given enough training  B、Engineers do not have the knowledge  C、Protection is too costly  D、No one takes earthquakes seriously  
(4).       
The author's attitude in writing this passage is ________.(Only paragraph 1 is chronological!)
(2 分)
A、analytic  B、blaming    C、 provocative  D、indifferent  
(5).       
"Tremors" probably means ________.
(2 分)
A、earthquake-proving buildings     B、shaking movements  C、heavy thunderstorms  D、 natural disasters  
4.        City planners are the people who guide the development of cities and towns. They might advise local governments on ways to improve communities, or they might design entirely new communities. In South Florida, for example, city planners are working to improve existing communities. The population of the area is expected to increase from 5.5 million to 7.5 million by 2020. The growth is headed to the west, where there is still open land. But western growth creates a costly need for new roads and is a threat to the ecological system of the Florida Everglades(沼泽地). City planners are trying to lure people back into the older, developed eastern section of the region by concentrating growth in that direction and away from the western section.
  City planners also plan and develop new communities. These communities, called new cities or new towns, include both places to live and places to work. New cities, such as Brazil's capital Brasilia, a community founded in 1900, can be constructed far from existing cities. Such cities are designed with enough facilities and job opportunities for all residents. Building completely new cities is very costly, however, Brasilia and Canberra, Australia, are two examples of the few new cities that have ever been completed
  New towns are different from new cities in that they are built within commuting distance of large cities. They may also be planned communities within a city. New towns provide jobs for many of their residents, but they also rely on neighboring cities for jobs. Two of the first new towns built in the United States were Columbia, Maryland, and Reston, Virginia. At the end of the 20th century an estimated 100 new towns were planned or under construction in the United States.  (本题分数:10 分。)
(1).        The passage is mainly about ________. (2 分)
A、choosing a good city planner  B、the planning of the Reston, Virginia  C、the planning of Brasilia and Canberra  D、the work of city planners  
(2).        Brasilia, Brazil, is an example of _______. (2 分)
A、an improved old city  B、a planned new city   C、a planned new town  D、a suburban development  
(3).        You would most likely hire a city planner if you needed someone to ________. (2 分)
A、help grow best trees and flowers in a city   B、a planned new city  C、design new office buildings in a city  D、guide the development of a new community in a city  
(4).        The number 2 million indicates the predicted ________. (2 分)
A、decrease in South Florida's population  B、increase in South Florida's population  C、number of city planners to be needed in the year 2020  D、number of towns to be planned by 205 population in a newly-designed city  
(5).        In this passage lure means______ (2 分)
A、cheat  B、force  C、attract  D、chase  

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 14:59