只需一步,快速开始

查看: 819|回复: 0

21春西交《英语1(新录)》第八课复习指导

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-2-19 10:22:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
西交《英语1(新录)》第八课拓展资源
实用写作—— 书信
Practical Writing— Letter

书信是交流经验、增进友谊、传递信息必不可少的工具。因此,怎样写英文信便成为英语学习者必须熟悉和掌握的项目。英文信与其他应用文一样,有一定的格式和习惯,只有掌握了这样的格式和习惯,就能顺利地利用书信来表达思想。英文书信常分为正规体 (Formal Letters) 和非正规体 (Informal Letters) 两种。这里着重讲一下正规信件的写作。
    英文信的结构包括以下6部分。  
1. 发信人的地址和发信日期(Heading)  
  在信纸的右上方,包括发信人的地址和发信日期,地址由小到大排列。例如:
English Department,
Foreign Language Institute,
Nanjing University,
Nanjing, China
18th November, 2007
    私人信件中只需在信纸上写明发信日期即可;而正式函件必须注明地址,以便对方回函。英文中日期的写法有英式和美式之分。
(1)英国的写法是把日期写在月份的前面,例如:19th June, 2007。
(2)美国的写法是把月份写在日期的前面,例如:June 19, 2007。   2. 收信人的姓名地址(Inside Address)  
  正式信件中,收信人的姓名地址写在左上方,而私人信件则不必拘泥于此形式。在写收信人姓名时,名字前应加上尊称。例如:
Mr. (Mrs/Miss) Smith
Dr. (Prof) Johnson
在不知道收信人姓名的情况下,可以只写其职称。例如:
The Personel Manager
Hilton Hotel
Hong Kong   3. 对收信人的称呼(Salutation)  
  对收信人的称呼写在收信人姓名地址的下方,称呼后常用逗号。称呼的具体方式视双方的熟悉程度而定。
(1)对于不太熟悉的人称:Sir, Gentleman, Dear President, Dear Madame等。
(2)对于相识的人称:Dear Mr. Black, Dear Dr. Wilson等。
(3)对于熟悉的亲友称:Dear Mama, My dear Tom等。  

4. 信的正文(Body)  
  信的正文是信的主体,应该在信纸上占据大部分空间。  

5. 谦语(Complimentary Close)
  在信的正文之后两至三行,位置中偏右,应该有致敬的结束语和谦称。谦称有尊卑亲疏之分,应该与对收信人的称谓相配合。在谦称敬语的后面应该加上逗号。例如:
Respectfully yours, Yours respectfully(用于地位高的人或长辈)
Yours truly, Truthfully yours(用于不太熟知的人或应该对其表示客气的人)
Faithfully yours, Yours faithfully, Sincerely yours, Yours sincerely(用于正式信函或相识但不熟悉的人之间)
Affectionately yours, Yours cordially(用于亲密的友人、亲属之间)
Yours lovingly, Devotedly yours(用于最亲密的人之间,如:父子、母女、夫妻、情人)  

6. 签名(Signature)  
  发信人的签名出现在文末,称呼语的下一行。正式书信中应用发信人的全名。
正规体信件的各部分的组成如下表所示。  

名称
信件

Heading
No. 111 Changjiang Road  
Shanghai, China.  
April 22, 2007   

Inside Address
Dr. Anderson Powell,  
10 Downing Street, London  
UK of Britain

Salutation
Dear Sir,

Body
I am sorry to occupy your precious time, but I wish to inform you that it is obliged that you return the ...
The recent survey of the market ...
Therefore, we will have to ...  

Complimentary Close
Sincerely yours,

Signature
David Zhang  

Sample 1: A Letter to the University President about the University Library

27th May, 2007           

Dear Mr. President,

I am Li Ming, a junior student from the Department of Accounting. I am sorry to occupy your precious time, but I really want to talk about the university library.  
Our library seems to be getting worse and worse ever since last semester. The books are so limited that they seem to remain unchanged year after year. To make matters worse, the environment is becoming more than worrying at the moment. It is true that we have large reading-rooms, but it is neither clean nor bright. It seems to us that no one ever wants to clean up the rubbish or repair the broken lights. The service is also far from satisfactory. The librarians are so indifferent and cold that they would rather stand still than help us readers. It seems to me that all they have to do is reading newspapers and chatting with each other.  
The library is vital to the education of every student on campus. The deteriorating environment and unsatisfactory service have aroused concern from all the students. I hope you can help to put an end to this situation and restore our confidence in our university library.
I am looking forward to your reply.  
Best regards,  
Sincerely yours,        
Li Ming        

Sample 2: A Letter to a Schoolmate
June 7, 2007           
Dear Xiao Wang,
I am most happy to receive your June 3 letter and hear that the final examinations are drawing near, and I am sure that if you strike a successful balance between study and rest, you will get good grades.  
This term will draw to a close around June 27, and I hope I can have the chance to visit your university and the beautiful city, Shanghai. How I wish to walk with you around your campus and listen to all of your funny stories just like before! I also want to visit those famous places of interest in your city, such as the Bund, the People’s Square, the Oriental Pearl Tower and the Shanghai Old City, which I have heard for a long time and have no chance to visit. Moreover, let’s do some shopping in the shopping centers — I want to buy some things for my mother, whose birthday is coming.  
What preparations should I make before my departure? What do I need to bring with me? I hope my visit will not bring you too much trouble, and we can have a good time together.  
I am looking forward to your reply.  
Best regards,  
Sincerely yours,        
Wang Lin        
东财作业答案可以联系QQ 761296021

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 21:34