只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1513|回复: 0

新发展英语综合教程(二)

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-7-23 18:30:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
新发展英语综合教程(二)
交卷时间2019-07-23 18:29:36
一、单选题(每题2分,共25道小题,总分值50分)
1.Joe's handwriting is ________ Mary's.(2分)
Amore better
Bas well as
Cmuch better than
Dmore better than
纠错
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
2.There aren't many pandas ________ in the world today.(2分)
Aalive
Bliving
Clively
Dlived
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
3.In what year did Magellan _____ on his voyage around the world?(2分)
Aset up
Bset back
Cset for
Dset off
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
4.It is obvious that boys are more naughty than girls by _____. (2分)
Anature
Bcharacter
Caction
Dattitude
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
5._______ a microscope we can see different kinds of things that are unable to be seen by our naked eyes. (2分)
AIn terms of
BIn place of
CBy means of
DBy far
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
6.According to the recent research, heavy coffee drinking and heart disease is not necessarily _____ and effect. (2分)
Areason
Bimpact
Cfact
Dcause
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
7.---- Will you do me the honor of dancing with me?---- _______.(2分)
AThat''s a good idea
BI''d love to, but I''m wanted on the phone
COh, it''s very kind of you
DThank you all the same
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
8.They notice that plants don't grow well _______ is much shade.(2分)
Awhere
Bwhich
Cwhere there
Dthere
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
9.Your answer is different ________ the teacher's.(2分)
Ato
Bat
Cfrom
Dwith
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
10.David like country life and has decided to _______ farming. (2分)
Aget hold of
Bget along with
Cgo in for
Dgo thorough
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
11.--I always look before crossing the street.--You are right. You can't be too ________.(2分)
Anervous
Bcareful
Ccareless
Dhurried
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
12.If I were you, I would take it easy, _______ is no need to be nervous.(2分)
Ait
Bthis
Cthere
Dwhich
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
13.The destruction of these treasures was a loss for mankind that no amount of money could _____.(2分)
Astand up to
Bmake up for
Ccome up with
Dput up with
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
14.I held the little bird in my hand and felt it heart _____.(2分)
Adriving
Bstriking
Cbeating
Dknocking
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
15.The children are curious about who _____ the world.(2分)
Amade
Bformed
Ccreated
Dproduced
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
16.I'll look into the matter as soon as possible. Just have a little ____. (2分)
Await
Btime
Cpatience
Drest
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
17.To produce one pound of honey, a colony of bees must fly a distance _______ to twice around the world.(2分)
Asimilar
Bequal
Ccompared
Dcorresponding
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
18.Scientists said that too much _____ to the sun may do some harm to the skin.(2分)
Aexposure
Bexplosion
Cexhibition
Dexpense
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
19.It would be _______ a risk to leave the baby alone. (2分)
Arunning
Bpassing
Ccarrying
Dobeying
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
20.The couch is comfortable to _______. (2分)
Asit
Bbe sat
Csitted
Dsit on
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
21.I hope my teacher will take my recent illness into _____ when judging my examination.(2分)
Aregard
Bcounting
Caccount
Dobservation
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
22.You had one of your teeth pulled out yesterday, ____?(2分)
Ahad you
Bhadn''t you
Cdid you
Ddidn''t you
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
23.Some of the suggestions have been adopted but others have been _____ as they are quite impractical.(2分)
Aturned out
Bturned against
Cturned away
Dturned down
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
24.One of the requirements for a fire is that the material ______ to its burning temperature.(2分)
Awere heated
Bmust be heated
Cis heated
Dbe heated
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
25.He is the only one of the sons in the family who ______ received high education. (2分)
Aare
Bis
Chave
Dhas
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
二、完形填空(每题10分,共3道小题,总分值30分)
The death of a child, 1 one's own child, is something the mind can hardly comprehend. It seems to go 2 nature. The end of a life that is still forming 3 has just begun is an almost unthinkable cruelty.
But it happens. Parents sometimes must witness the illness and death of the children 4 whom they gave birth. And 5 will ever fill the empty place that the dead child leaves behind. Parents 6 to die before their children, which is the natural order of life events. When the situation is reversed and a child dies 7 the parents it seems wrong.
Yet we never know why one person dies and another lives. But we do know 8 a child is gone, the parents still have a future, as grey and worthless as it may at first seem. Death may take the child, but the love never 9 .
The sorrow after a child's death is one of the longest and hardest type of 10 to live with. And it takes long to deal with the parents' own emotions.
(10分)
(1)(1分)
Aespecially
Bspecial
Cespecial
Dmost
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
(2)(1分)
Awith
Bagainst
Cbeyond
Dabove
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(3)(1分)
Aand
Bor
Cbut
Dso
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(4)(1分)
Aat
Bwith
Cto
Dfor
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(5)(1分)
Aeverything
Bother thing
Csomething
Dnothing
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
(6)(1分)
Athink
Bexpect
Clike
Dsurely
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(7)(1分)
Abefore
Bafter
Cin front of
Das
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
(8)(1分)
Aas if
Bas though
Ceven if
Dthat
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(9)(1分)
Agives up
Bgoes away
Cgoes back
Dgoes through
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(10)(1分)
Aloss
Blosses
Closing
Dlost
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
I arrived in the classroom, ready to share my knowledge and experience with 75 students who would be my English Literature class. Having taught in the US for 17 years, I had no 1 about my ability to hold their attention and to 2 on them my admiration for the literature(文学)of my mother tongue.
I was shocked when the monitor shouted, "Stand up!" and the entire class rose as I entered the room, and I was somewhat 3 about how to get them to sit down again, but once that awkwardness(尴尬)was over, I quickly regained my calmness and began what I thought was a fact - packed lecture, sure to gain their respect - perhaps 4 their admiration. I went back to my office with the rosy glow which comes from a (n) sense of achievements.
My students kept diaries. However, as I read them, the rosy glow was gradually 5 by a strong sense of sadness. The first diary said, "Our literature teacher didn't teach us anything today. 6 her next lecture will be better." Greatly surprised, I read diary after diary, each expressing a similar subject. "Didn't I teach them anything? I described the entire philosophical framework(哲学体系)of Western thought and laid the historical 7 for all the works we'll study in class," I complained. "How can they say I didn't teach them anything?"
It was a long term, and it 8 became clear that my ideas about education were not the same as those of my students. I thought a teacher's job was to raise 9 questions and provide enough background so that students could draw their own conclusions. My students thought a teacher's job was to provide 10 information as directly and clearly as possible. What a difference!
However, I also learned a lot, and my experience with my Chinese students has made me a better American teacher, knowing how to teach in a different culture.
(10分)
(1)(1分)
Aworry
Bidea
Cdoubt
Dexperience
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(2)(1分)
Aimpress
Bput
Cleave
Dfix
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
(3)(1分)
Apuzzled
Bsure
Ccurious
Dworried
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
(4)(1分)
Amore
Beven
Cyet
Dstill
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(5)(1分)
Areplaced
Btaken
Ccaught
Dmoved
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
(6)(1分)
ANaturally
BPerhaps
CFortunately
DReasonably
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(7)(1分)
Ahappenings
Bcharacters
Cdevelopment
Dbackground
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
(8)(1分)
Aimmediately
Bcertainly
Csimply
Dgradually
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
(9)(1分)
Adifficult
Binteresting
Cordinary
Dunusual
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(10)(1分)
Astrange
Bstandard
Cexact
Dserious
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
Smoking, which may be a pleasure for some people, is a serious source of discomfort for their fellows. 1 , medical authorities express their concern about the effect of smoking 2 the health not only of those who smoke but also of those who do not. In fact, non-smokers who must involuntarily inhale (吸入) the air 3 by tobacco smoke may suffer more than the smokers 4 .
Smoking is prohibited in the theatres and in halls used for showing films 5 in laboratories 6 there may be a fire hazard (危险). Elsewhere, it is up to your good 7 .
I am 8 asking you to maintain "No-Smoking" in classrooms and seminar rooms.
This will prove that you have the 9 health in mind, which is very important to a large 10 of our students.
(10分)
(1)(1分)
AStill
BFurther
CMore
DAgain
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(2)(1分)
Ain
Bto
Con
Dwith
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(3)(1分)
Apolluting
Bbe polluted
Cpolluted
Dto be polluted
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(4)(1分)
Athem
Bthemselves
Ctheir own
Dthey
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(5)(1分)
Aand
Bbut
Cas well as
Dalso
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(6)(1分)
Awhere
Bwhich
Cthat
Dhow
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
(7)(1分)
Afeeling
Bsense
Crealize
Dthink
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(8)(1分)
Aso
Bnext
Ctherefore
Dand
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(9)(1分)
Anon-smokers
Bnon-smokers''
Cnon-smoker''s
Dnon-smoker
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(10)(1分)
Anumber
Bamount
Cmany
Dmuch
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
三、阅读理解(每题10分,共2道小题,总分值20分)
Some people hate everything that is modern. They cannot imagine how anyone can really like modern music; they find it hard to accept the new fashions in clothing; they think that all modern painting is ugly; and they seldom have a good word for the new buildings that are being built everywhere in the world. Such people look for perfection in everything, and they take their standards of perfection from the past. They are usually impatient with anyone who is brave enough to experiment with new or to express himself or the age in materials original ways. It is, of course, true that many artists do not succeed in their work and instead produce works that can only be considered as failures. If the work of art is a painting, the artist's failure concerns himself alone, but if it is a building, his failure concerns others too, because it may damage the beauty of the whole place. This does sometimes happen, but it is completely untrue to say, as some people do, that modern architecture is nothing.
We can't judge every modern building by the standards of the ancient time, even though we admire the ancient buildings. Technologically, the modern buildings are more advanced. The modern architect knows he should learn from the ancient works, but with his greater resources of knowledge and materials, he will never be content to imitate the past. He is too proud to do that.
(10分)
(1)Some people hate everything that is modern because _______.(2分)
Athey are aged
Bthey find it hard to accept modern things
Cthey take their standards of perfection from the Greek
Dthey look at things by the standards of the past
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
(2)The writer of the passage thinks that ________.(2分)
Ait is true to say artists fail in their work
Bit is untrue to say artists fail in their work
Cit is true to say some artists fail in their work
Dit is true to say only painters fail in their work
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(3)The writer thinks the failure of a building _______.(2分)
Ameans nothing
Bconcerns others
Cconcerns only the artist
Dconcerns all the people in the world
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(4)The writer thinks that _________.(2分)
Awe can''t judge buildings by the ancient standards
Bwe can''t judge all the buildings by the ancient standards
Cwe can''t judge all the modern buildings by the ancient standards
Dwe can''t judge modern buildings
正确答案C您的答案是 C回答正确
(5)Technologically, the modern buildings are more advanced. The sentence means _____.(2分)
Athe ancient architects had no technology
Bthe modern architects use more advanced technology
Cthe modern buildings are advanced because they are completely different from the ancient buildings
Dthe modern buildings are more beautiful
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
At the University of Kansas art museum, scientists tested the effect of different colored walls on two groups of visitors to an exhibit of paintings. For the first group the room was painted white; for the second, dark brown. Movement of each group was followed by an electrical equipment under the carpet. The experiment showed that those who entered the dark brown walked more quickly, covered more area, and spent less time in the room than people in the white one. Dark brown made people more active, but the activity ended sooner. Not only the choice of colors but also the general appearance of a room affects those inside. Another experiment presented people with photographs of faces whose energy was to be commented. Three groups of people were used; each was shown the same photos, but each group was in an ordinary room-a nice office. The third was in a tastefully designed living room with carpeting. Results showed that the people in the beautiful room tend to give higher marks to the faces than those in the ugly room did. Other studies that students do better on tests taken in comfortable room than in ordinary-looking or ugly rooms.
(10分)
(1)Which of the following is the best expression of the main idea of this passage?(2分)
APeople in beautiful rooms tend to give higher marks to photos of faces than people in ugly rooms.
BThe color and general appearance of a room have a deeper effect on the behavior of the people in it.
CThe University of Kansas has studied the effects of the color of room on people''s behavior.
DBeautifully furnished, light-coloured rooms make people more comfortable than ugly, dark rooms.
正确答案B您的答案是 B回答正确
(2)According to the passage, we may conclude that the whiter a room is ________.(2分)
Athe longer people like to stay in it
Bthe sooner people in it will leave
Cthe more active people in it will become
Dthe more excited people
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
(3)What is referred to as the "general appearance" in this passage is ________.(2分)
Ahow many broad windows a room has, through which sunlight might come in
Bthe size of a room
Cwhether there are beautiful walls in a room
Dwhat the room looks like
正确答案D您的答案是 D回答正确
(4)This passage provides us with _______.(2分)
Aa piece of scientific information
Ba normal lesson
Can interesting test
Da piece of news
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确
(5)At least how many tests were carried out by the scientists referred to in this passage?(2分)
AThree
BTwo
COnly one
DNo one knows
正确答案A您的答案是 A回答正确

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 05:20