西交网院2019年春季《英语》(二)在线作业答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-6-25 12:26:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2019年春季《英语》(二)在线作业
一、单选题:【25道,总分:50分】

1.A suitcase with a shirt, trousers and shoes (    ) stolen from the car.          (满分:2)
    A. have been
    B. has
    C. was
    D. are
2.— Do you think I could borrow your dictionary?— (    )(    )(    )(    ).          (满分:2)
    A. Yes, you may borrow
    B. Yes, go on
    C. Yes, help yourself
    D. It doesn't matter
3.I do not intend to follow that, because we shall have an opportunity to do so on another (    ).          (满分:2)
    A. occasion
    B. situation
    C. condition
    D. environment
4.Strict (    )(    )(    ) measures have been taken during the President's visit.          (满分:2)
    A. secure
    B. security
    C. safe
    D. save
5.— Hello, may I talk to the headmaster now? — (    )(    )(    ).          (满分:2)
    A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment
    B. No, you can't
    C. Sorry, you can't
    D. I don't know
6.The furniture in his room is quite different (    ) in yours.          (满分:2)
    A. from those
    B. from that
    C. from that one
    D. from those ones
7.We are interested in the weather because it (    ) us so directly — what we wear, what we do, and even how we feel.          (满分:2)
    A. benefits
    B. affects
    C. affect
    D. effects
8.He's determined to finish the job (    )(    )long it takes.          (满分:2)
    A. no matter
    B. however
    C. wherever
    D. whatever
9.— I'm afraid I've got a terrible flu.— (    )(    )(    )(    )(    )(    )(    )          (满分:2)
    A. Never mind
    B. Keep away from me
    C. Better go and see a doctor
    D. You need be more careful
10.She's the only child in her family, but they didn't really (    ) her.          (满分:2)
    A. hurt
    B. damage
    C. spoil
    D. harm
11.— May I see the menu, please? I've been waiting an hour already— (    )(    )(    )(    )          (满分:2)
    A. That is the menu, sir
    B. Yes, please go on
    C. Here you are, sir
    D. Of course, sir
12.The difference between an African elephant and an Asian one is that the former has          (满分:2)
    A. larger
    B. the large
    C. more larger
    D. the largest
13.The police are(    )(    ) the two missing children.          (满分:2)
    A. looking out
    B. looking after
    C. looking for
    D. looking on
14.— Do you mind telling me where you're from?— (    )(    )(    )(    ).          (满分:2)
    A. Certainly. I'm from London
    B. Sure. I was born in London
    C. Not really, you can do it
    D. Certainly not. I'm from London
15.— Would you like a cup of coffee?— (    )(    )(    )(    ).          (满分:2)
    A. It's very kind of you
    B. No, I wouldn't
    C. Yes, please
    D. Here you are
16.For a successful business, friendly and (    ) staff are essential.          (满分:2)
    A. sufficient
    B. effective
    C. efficient
    D. respective
17.—It's cold in here. Do you mind if I close the door?— (    )(    )(    )(    ).          (满分:2)
    A. With pleasure
    B. Yes, please
    C. Of course not
    D. Thank you
18.— What can I do for you, madam? — (    )(    )(    )(    ).          (满分:2)
    A. I want a kilo of apples
    B. You can go your own way
    C. Thanks
    D. Excuse me. I'm busy
19.If he (    )such a good chance, he would have planned to learn more.          (满分:2)
    A. was giving
    B. had given
    C. had been given
    D. was to give
20.I don't know why she avoids (    ) her opinion on the subject.          (满分:2)
    A. to give
    B. to be given
    C. giving
    D. being given
21.— What a beautiful dress you're wearing!— (    )(    )(    )(    ).          (满分:2)
    A. No, thanks
    B. Thank you
    C. Yes, it is
    D. Sorry, it isn't
22.These two areas are similar (    ) they both have a high rainfall during this season.          (满分:2)
    A. that
    B. besides
    C. because
    D. except
23.The government official explained that there's no point (    ) about the cultural gap in that city.          (满分:2)
    A. to worry
    B. with them worrying
    C. in worrying
    D. worry
24.He studied hard in his youth, (    )(    ) contributed to his great success in later life.          (满分:2)
    A. that
    B. it
    C. what
    D. which
25.— I'm going to America for a holiday next week.— (    )(    )(    )(    ).          (满分:2)
    A. Goodbye
    B. Wish you success
    C. For sure
    D. That's great
二、完型填空:【1道,总分:20分】

1.You will find that college classes are very different from high schoolclasses. You will have more work and responsibilities without being pushed as much.1, you will have more freedom — freedom to choose what to study, when to study, or2 to study. You will need to exercise maximum self-discipline(自律). This is the hardest kind of discipline because it is self-imposed(自我约束的), and you have only yourself to3 . The decisions you make4 your study habits will be a5 factor in your success, or lack of success in college.6 , you will discover that your instructors7 the ones you have had previously. They will expect you to8 more8 in your study habits and time management. Remember that much of yourlearning takes place outside the classroom. Your instructor will give you additional help outside of class if there is evidence that you are putting maximum effort into the course.9 your abilities and skill mastery, you will need to manage your time effectively in order to succeed in college. A schedule10 efficient use of time will enable you to include both work and play. When you get a job, you will soon discover that you do not work only when you wish and as you wish.           (满分
    1).?
        A. On the other hand
        B. On the one hand
        C. Nevertheless
        D. Therefore
    2).?
        A. if
        B. how
        C. why
        D. who
    3).?
        A. turn for
        B. answer to
        C. respond to
        D. act as
    4).?
        A. of
        B. to
        C. with
        D. concerning
    5).?
        A. determining
        B. demanding
        C. deciding
        D. depending
    6).?
        A. however
        B. neverthless
        C. in addition
        D. Except that
    7).?
        A. differ from
        B. are similar to
        C. differ in
        D. are alike
    8).?
        A. take…part
        B. throw…yourself
        C. plunge…yourself
        D. take…initiative
    9).?
        A. In spite of
        B. Concerning
        C. Regardless of
        D. On the condition
    10).?
        A. related to
        B. carried on
        C. relied on
        D. based on
三、阅读理解:【3道,总分:30分】

1.Children in the United States are exposed to many influences other than that of their families. Television is the most significant of these influences, because the habit of watching television usually begins before children start attending school.Parents are concerned about the lack of quality in television programs for children. The degree of violence in many of these shows also worries them. Studies indicate that, when children are exposed to violence, they may become aggressive or insecure.Parents are also concerned about the commercials(商业广告) that their children see on television. Many parents would like to see fewer commercials during programs for children. And some parents feel that these shows should not have any commercials at allbecause young minds are not mature enough to deal with the claims made by advertisers.Educational television has no commercials and has programs for children that many parents approve of. The most famous of these is Sesame Street, which tries to give preschool children a head start in learning the alphabet(字母)and numbers. It also tries to teach children useful things about the world in which they live.Even though most parents and educators give Sesame Street and shows like it high marks for quality, some critics argue that all television, whether educational or not, is harmful to children. These critics feel that the habit of watching hours of television every day turns children into bored and passive(被动的) consumers of their world rather than encouraging them to become active explorers of it.          (满分
    1).?Which of the following statements is not based on the passage?
        A. Parents are worried about the influence from television on their children.
        B. Television has much influence on children.
        C. Both parents and their children like watching educational television.
        D. Some critics think that television is no good for children.
    2).?In what ways do children suffer from television?
        A. They become the victims of socialviolence.
        B. They spend hours watching televisioninstead of doing school work.
        C. The programs make the children lose interest in the world.
        D. The programs make the children spend too much of their parents' money.
    3).?Parents would not like their children to see commercials because (    )
        A. they think that their children are not old enough to handle advertising
        B. commercials teach children alphabet and numbers
        C. commercials help to sell products
        D. they don't like commercials
    4).?Educational television is widely appreciated because
        A. it does have the same commercialsas others
        B. it offersprograms for both children and their parents
        C. many parents like the programs it offers for their children
        D. childrencan learn some school subjects before they go to school
    5).?Which of the following can best serve as the title of the passage?
        A. Watching Too Much Television Is Harmful to Young Minds.
        B. Television Is More Harmfulthan Educational.
        C. Television'sInfluence on Children.
        D. More Education Television.
2.Do you find getting up in the morning so difficult that it's painful? This might be calledlaziness, but Dr. Kleitman has a new explanation. He has proved that everyone has a dailyenergy cycle.During the hours when you labor through your work,you may say that you're “hot”. That'strue. The time of day when you feel most energetic(精力充沛)is when your cycle of body temperatureis at itspeak. For some peoplethe peak comes before noon. For others it comes in the afternoonorevening. No one has discovered why this is so, but it leads to such familiar sayings as: “Get up, John! You're late for work again!” The possible explanation to the trouble is thatJohnis at his temperature-and-energy peak in the evening. Much family quarrelling endswhen husbands and wives realize what these energy cycles mean, and which cycle each member ofthe family has.You can't change your energy cycle, but you can learn to make your life fit it better.Habit can help, Dr.Kleitman believes. If your energy is low in the morning but you have an important jobto do early in the day, rise before your usual hour. This won't change your cycle, but you'llwork better at your low point.Get off to a slow start which saves your energy. When you get up, sit on the edge of the bed a minute before putting your feet on the floor. Avoidthe troublesome search for clean clothes by laying them out the night before. Wheneverpossible,do routine work in the afternoon and save tasks requiring more energy orconcentration for your sharper hours.          (满分
    1).?According to the new findings of Dr. Kleitman, if a person finds getting up early a problem, most probably (    )
        A. he is a lazy person
        B. he refuses to follow his own energy cycle
        C. he is not sure when his energy is low
        D. he is at his energy peak in the afternoon or evening
    2).?Which of the following may lead to family quarrels according to the passage?
        A. Unawareness of energy cycles.
        B. Familiar saying.
        C. A change in a family member's energy cycle.
        D. Attempts to control the energy cycle of other family members.
    3).? If one wants to work more efficiently at his low point in the morning, he should
        A. change his energy cycle
        B. overcome his laziness
        C. get up earlier than usual
        D. go to bed earlier
    4).?You are advised to act slow when you rise in the morning because it will
        A. help to keep your energy for the day's work
        B. help you to control your mood early in the day
        C. enable you to concentrate on your routine work
        D. keep your energy cycle under control all day
    5).? Which of the following statements is NOT true?
        A. Getting off to work with a minimum effort helps save one's energy.
        B. Dr. Kleitman explains why people reach their peak at different hours of day.
        C. Habit helps one adapt to his own energy cycle.
        D. Children have energy cycles, too.
3.What will man be like in the future — in 5,000 or even 50,000 years from now? We can only make guesses, of course, but we can be sure that he will be different from what he is today, for man is slowly changing all the time.Let us take an obvious example. Man, even five hundred years ago, was shorter than he is today. Now, on average, men are about three inches taller. Five hundred years is a relatively short period of time, so we may assume that man will continue to grow taller. Again in the modernworld we use our brains a great deal. Even so, we still make use of only about 20% of the brain's capacity(容量). As time goes on, however, we shall have to use our brains more and more, and eventually we shall need larger ones! This is likely to bring about a physical change too: the head, in particular the forehead, will grow larger.Nowadays our eyes are in constant use. In fact, we use them so much that very often they become weaker and we have to wear glasses. But over a very long period of time it is likely that man's eyes will grow stronger.On the other hand, we tend to make less use of our arms and legs. These, as a result, are likely to grow weaker. At the same time, however, our fingers will grow more sensitive because they are used a great deal in modern life.But what about hair? This will probably disappear from the body altogether in course of time because it does not serve a useful purpose any longer. In the future, then, both sexes are likely to be bald.Perhaps all this gives the impression that future man will not be a very attractive creature to look at! This may well be true. All the same, in spite of all these changes, future man will still have a lot in common with us. He will still be a human being, with thoughts and emotions similar to our own.          (满分
    1).?The size of man’s forehead will probably grow bigger because
        A. he will use his brain more and more as time goes on
        B. he makes use only 20% of the brain's capacity
        C. his brain has grown larger over the past centuries
        D. the other 80% of his brain will grow in due time
    2).?What serves as the evidence that man is changing?
        A. Man has got stronger eyes now than he ever had.
        B. Man has been growing taller over the past 500 years.
        C. Man's hair is getting thinner and thinner.
        D. Man's arms and legs have become lighter and weaker.
    3).?What will be true about a human being in the future?
        A. He will be hairless because hair is no longer useful.
        B. He will have smaller eyes and will wear better glasses.
        C. His fingers will grow weaker because he won't have to make use of them.
        D. His fingers will grow weaker because he won't have to make use of them.
    4).?It is implied that
        A. human beings will become more attractive in the future
        B. body organs will become poorer if they are not used often
        C. human beings hope for a change in the future life
        D. future life is always predictable
    5).?The passage mainly tells us that
        A. man's life will be different in the future
        B. man is growing taller and uglier as time passes
        C. future man will look quite different from us
        D. humanbeings'organs will function weaker

2019年春季《英语》(二)在线作业标准答案.zip

6.54 KB, 下载次数: 11, 下载积分: 贡献 1