只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1603|回复: 0

新发展英语综合教程(二)【课程作业】

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-2-2 13:30:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
新发展英语综合教程(二)
交卷时间2019-02-02 13:29:32
一、单选题(每题2分,共25道小题,总分值50分)
1.Shanghai has a larger population than _______ in China. (2分)
Aany city
Bany other cities
Cother city
Dany other city
正确答案D您的答案是 D
2.It ______ that 200 people died and over 5,000 lost their shelters after the flood.(2分)
Areported
Breports
Chas been reported
Dhas reported
正确答案C您的答案是 B回答错误展开
3.Both Mary and Ellen, as well as Jan, _______ studying Chinese History.(2分)
Aare
Bis
Care being
Dis being
正确答案A您的答案是 A
4.--She likes to watch TV plays, but she doesn't watch TV every day.--_______. (2分)
ASo do I
Bnor do I
CSo I do
DSo it is with me
正确答案D您的答案是 D
5.My watch ______ three o'clock.(2分)
Atells
Bspeaks
Ctalks
Dsays
正确答案D您的答案是 D
6.When I took his temperature, it was two degrees above _______.(2分)
Aaverage
Bordinary
Cregular
Dnormal
正确答案D您的答案是 D
7.The story was so touching that I could hardly _____ my tears.(2分)
Ahold on
Bhold back
Chold up
Dhold out
正确答案B您的答案是 B
8._______ a microscope we can see different kinds of things that are unable to be seen by our naked eyes. (2分)
AIn terms of
BIn place of
CBy means of
DBy far
正确答案C您的答案是 C
9.When there are small children around, it is necessary to put bottles of pills out of _____.(2分)
Areach
Bhand
Chold
Dplace
正确答案A您的答案是 A
10.He _______ smoking at last. (2分)
Agave up
Bgave out
Cgave in
Dgave off
正确答案A您的答案是 A
11.Listening _____ to what the teacher said, I don't know what today's homework is. (2分)
Acarefully
Battentively
Cabsently
Dforgetfully
正确答案C您的答案是 C
12.______ France Viuard an excellent political speaker but she was also among the first members of the populist party.(2分)
ANot only
BIf only
COnly
DNot only was
正确答案D您的答案是 D
13.______ riding to school, Mary usually goes to school on foot.(2分)
AWithout
BRather than
CInstead of
DIn spite of
正确答案C您的答案是 C
14.________ it is to jump into the river to swim in summer!(2分)
AWhat a fun
BWhat fun
CHow fun
DHow funny
正确答案B您的答案是 B
15.Every officer and every soldier _______ obey the rules.(2分)
Ahad to
Bhave to
Chas to
Dmust have to
正确答案C您的答案是 C
16.In this accident, most people died. Those who _____ were also badly injured.(2分)
Asurvived
Blived
Csuspected
Drevised
正确答案A您的答案是 A
17.The letters PTO _______ parent-teacher organization.(2分)
Astand for
Bcall for
Cheard for
Dcare for
正确答案A您的答案是 A
18.I don't think we can take it ______, some problems still remains.(2分)
Aon hand
Bby chance
Cfor granted
Dat will
正确答案C您的答案是 C
19.The destruction of these treasures was a loss for mankind that no amount of money could _____.(2分)
Astand up to
Bmake up for
Ccome up with
Dput up with
正确答案B您的答案是 B
20.She is _______to refuse, so I have to give in.(2分)
Aa too kind girl
Btoo a kind girl
Ctoo kind a girl
Da gird kind too
正确答案C您的答案是 C
21.The figures _____ by the local government showed that the area still suffered inadequate teaching resources.(2分)
Arecovered
Breleased
Crelieved
Dresisted
正确答案B您的答案是 B
22.To regain their _____ after an exhausting game, the players lay in the grass.(2分)
Aforce
Benergy
Cpower
Dhealth
正确答案B您的答案是 B
23.The sports meet, originally due to be held last Friday, was finally _____ because of the bad weather.(2分)
Aset off
Bbroken off
Cworn off
Dcalled off
正确答案D您的答案是 D
24.It was a ________ room, with beautiful wall paper, waxed floor and nice furniture. (2分)
Apleased
Bpleasant
Cpleasing
Dpresent
正确答案B您的答案是 B
25.The square in front of the supermarket is so limited that when going there, first of all, you should consider ______your car.(2分)
Aparking
Bwhere to park
Cto park
Dwhere parking
正确答案B您的答案是 B
二、完形填空(每题10分,共3道小题,总分值30分)
This is an old story. People tell it to children all over the world. Cinderella's father and mother 1 . She lived with her aunt. Her aunt had two daughters. All of them Cinderella because she was beautiful. They made her 2 in the house all day long.
One day, the Prince was 3 . The king asked all the ladies in the land to come to a great dance. 4 the dance the Prince would choose his wife.
When Cinderella heard about the dance, she wanted to go. Her aunt and the ugly sisters laughed and said, "You can't go." Then they went off to the dance. Poor Cinderella sat by the fire 5 .
6 she heard a gentle voice saying, "Don't cry, Cinderella, you shall go to the dance. I will help you." Cinderella 7 and saw a little old lady. She waved her stick at Cinderella. Suddenly she was wearing a wonderful dress. "Now go to the dance." said the little lady.
Cinderella enjoyed the dance very much. The Prince danced with her 8 . Suddenly the clock began to strike twelve. She hurried back home. She lost one of her glass shoes 9 . The next day, the Prince sent men to all parts of the country with the glass shoe.
"If anyone can wear this small shoe," he said, "She must be the beautiful lady, and I will marry her."
When the men brought the shoe to the ugly sisters, they both pretended 10 the shoe, but their feet were big and the shoe was small. The man laughed. "Let Cinderella try." Said one of the men. Cinderella put the shoe on easily. Then the Prince married her, and they lived happily ever after.
(10分)
(1)(1分)
Aboth were dead
Bwere both death
Cwere both died
Dwere both dead
正确答案D您的答案是 D
(2)(1分)
Ato do all the work
Bdid all the work
Cdo all the work
Ddoing all the work
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(3)(1分)
Aold enough to be married with
Bold enough to marry
Cold enough to marry with
Dold enough to be married
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(4)(1分)
ADuring the night of
BAt the night of
COne the night of
DIn the night of
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(5)(1分)
Ato cry
Bcrying
Cto be crying
Dto be cried
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(6)(1分)
ASudden
BAll on sudden
COn sudden
DAll of a sudden
正确答案D您的答案是 D
(7)(1分)
Alooked up
Blooked at
Clooked for
Dlooked down
正确答案A您的答案是 A
(8)(1分)
Aat that time
Bat times
Call the time
Dat one time
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(9)(1分)
Aon the steps
Bwithin the steps
Cin the steps
Dunder the steps
正确答案A您的答案是 A
(10)(1分)
Ato put on
Bputting on
Cto wear
Dto have on
正确答案A您的答案是 A
I arrived in the classroom, ready to share my knowledge and experience with 75 students who would be my English Literature class. Having taught in the US for 17 years, I had no 1 about my ability to hold their attention and to 2 on them my admiration for the literature(文学)of my mother tongue.
I was shocked when the monitor shouted, "Stand up!" and the entire class rose as I entered the room, and I was somewhat 3 about how to get them to sit down again, but once that awkwardness(尴尬)was over, I quickly regained my calmness and began what I thought was a fact - packed lecture, sure to gain their respect - perhaps 4 their admiration. I went back to my office with the rosy glow which comes from a (n) sense of achievements.
My students kept diaries. However, as I read them, the rosy glow was gradually 5 by a strong sense of sadness. The first diary said, "Our literature teacher didn't teach us anything today. 6 her next lecture will be better." Greatly surprised, I read diary after diary, each expressing a similar subject. "Didn't I teach them anything? I described the entire philosophical framework(哲学体系)of Western thought and laid the historical 7 for all the works we'll study in class," I complained. "How can they say I didn't teach them anything?"
It was a long term, and it 8 became clear that my ideas about education were not the same as those of my students. I thought a teacher's job was to raise 9 questions and provide enough background so that students could draw their own conclusions. My students thought a teacher's job was to provide 10 information as directly and clearly as possible. What a difference!
However, I also learned a lot, and my experience with my Chinese students has made me a better American teacher, knowing how to teach in a different culture.
(10分)
(1)(1分)
Aworry
Bidea
Cdoubt
Dexperience
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(2)(1分)
Aimpress
Bput
Cleave
Dfix
正确答案A您的答案是 A
(3)(1分)
Apuzzled
Bsure
Ccurious
Dworried
正确答案A您的答案是 A
(4)(1分)
Amore
Beven
Cyet
Dstill
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(5)(1分)
Areplaced
Btaken
Ccaught
Dmoved
正确答案A您的答案是 A
(6)(1分)
ANaturally
BPerhaps
CFortunately
DReasonably
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(7)(1分)
Ahappenings
Bcharacters
Cdevelopment
Dbackground
正确答案D您的答案是 D
(8)(1分)
Aimmediately
Bcertainly
Csimply
Dgradually
正确答案D您的答案是 D
(9)(1分)
Adifficult
Binteresting
Cordinary
Dunusual
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(10)(1分)
Astrange
Bstandard
Cexact
Dserious
正确答案C您的答案是 C
Insure means to protect 1 a loss of money. Most people can budget their money so that their income will cover expected expenses 2 food, clothing, housing, and public services. But, there is no way to know 3 who will suffer a crisis (危机) such as a serious illness, fire, flood, or a car accident. Such crises usually 4 great expense. Even if people could predict crises, it would be hard to save enough money to 5 the expenses. Insurance is a system 6 a company collects money from many individuals and then pays certain expenses whenever one of those insured individuals is faced with a certain crisis. An insurance policy 7 how much the insurance costs and how much the company will pay when a policy holder is faced with a certain crisis. There are many different kinds of insurance, 8 hospital, motor-car and fire. Insurance can be rather expensive but most people buy insurance of some kind. Insurance is something 9 people buy and hope they will 10 need.
(10分)
(1)(1分)
Afor
Bfrom
Cagainst
Dwith
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(2)(1分)
Asuch as
Bfor example
Cthat
Dthe same as
正确答案A您的答案是 A
(3)(1分)
Apredict
Bahead
Cin advance
Dearlier
正确答案D您的答案是 D
(4)(1分)
Aresult from
Bmake
Ctake
Dresult in
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(5)(1分)
Acover
Bpay back
Cfill
Dmake full
正确答案A您的答案是 A
(6)(1分)
Athat
Bby which
Cwhat
Dwhere
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(7)(1分)
Asaid
Bagree
Cmake sure
Dstates
正确答案D您的答案是 D
(8)(1分)
Ainclude
Bincluding
Cas well as
Dalso
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(9)(1分)
Awhich
Bthat
Cas
Dlike
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(10)(1分)
Anever
Bever
Csometimes
Doften
正确答案D您的答案是 D
三、阅读理解(每题10分,共2道小题,总分值20分)
Valencia is in the east part of Spain. It has a port on the sea, two miles away from the coast. It is the capital of a province that is also named Valencia.
The city is a market centre for what is produced by the land around the city. Most of the city's money is made from farming. It is also a busy business city, with ships, railways clothes and machine factories.
Valencia has an old part with white buildings, coloured roofs, and narrow streets. The modern part has long, wide streets and new buildings. Valencia is well known for its parks and gardens. It has many old churches and museums. The University in the centre of the city was built in the 13th century.
The city of valencia has been known since the 2nd century. In the 8th century it was the capital of Spain. There is also an important city in Venzuela(委内瑞拉) named Valencia.
(10分)
(1)From the text, how many places have the name Valencia?(2分)
AOne
BTwo
CThree
DFour
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(2)What is the main difference between the two parts of the city?(2分)
AThe colour of the buildings
BThe age of the buildings
CThe colour of the roof
DThe length of the streets.
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(3)When was Valencia the most important city in Spain?(2分)
A2nd century
B8th century
C13th century
D20th century
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(4)What is Valencia famous for?(2分)
AIts markets
BIts university
CIts churches and museums
Dits parks and gardens
正确答案D您的答案是 D
(5)The main income of the city of Valencia is from its _______.(2分)
Amarkets
Bbusiness
Cfactories
Dfarming
正确答案D您的答案是 D
Some people hate everything that is modern. They cannot imagine how anyone can really like modern music; they find it hard to accept the new fashions in clothing; they think that all modern painting is ugly; and they seldom have a good word for the new buildings that are being built everywhere in the world. Such people look for perfection in everything, and they take their standards of perfection from the past. They are usually impatient with anyone who is brave enough to experiment with new or to express himself or the age in materials original ways. It is, of course, true that many artists do not succeed in their work and instead produce works that can only be considered as failures. If the work of art is a painting, the artist's failure concerns himself alone, but if it is a building, his failure concerns others too, because it may damage the beauty of the whole place. This does sometimes happen, but it is completely untrue to say, as some people do, that modern architecture is nothing.
We can't judge every modern building by the standards of the ancient time, even though we admire the ancient buildings. Technologically, the modern buildings are more advanced. The modern architect knows he should learn from the ancient works, but with his greater resources of knowledge and materials, he will never be content to imitate the past. He is too proud to do that.
(10分)
(1)Some people hate everything that is modern because _______.(2分)
Athey are aged
Bthey find it hard to accept modern things
Cthey take their standards of perfection from the Greek
Dthey look at things by the standards of the past
正确答案D您的答案是 D
(2)The writer of the passage thinks that ________.(2分)
Ait is true to say artists fail in their work
Bit is untrue to say artists fail in their work
Cit is true to say some artists fail in their work
Dit is true to say only painters fail in their work
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(3)The writer thinks the failure of a building _______.(2分)
Ameans nothing
Bconcerns others
Cconcerns only the artist
Dconcerns all the people in the world
正确答案B您的答案是 B
(4)The writer thinks that _________.(2分)
Awe can''t judge buildings by the ancient standards
Bwe can''t judge all the buildings by the ancient standards
Cwe can''t judge all the modern buildings by the ancient standards
Dwe can''t judge modern buildings
正确答案C您的答案是 C
(5)Technologically, the modern buildings are more advanced. The sentence means _____.(2分)
Athe ancient architects had no technology
Bthe modern architects use more advanced technology
Cthe modern buildings are advanced because they are completely different from the ancient buildings
Dthe modern buildings are more beautiful
正确答案B您的答案是 B

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 11:30