江大18秋《大学英语(一)》第三次离线作业

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-10-27 20:37:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
江南大学现代远程教育 第三阶段练习题
考试科目:《大学英语(一)》                    (总分100分)  
            学习中心(教学点) 批次:              层次:                  
专业:                   学号:                    身份证号:               
姓名:                                                  得分:                   一、交际英语 (10%)
1、- _________
- You too!
A:Merry Christmas!
B:What a beautiful day!
C:Help yourself!
D:It's very kind of you!
2、- Welcome to the party! _________
- Thank you!
A:Excuse me!
B:I totally agree with you.
C:How pretty you are today!
D:Which one do you prefer?
3、- I hope you have a most happy and prosperous new year!
- _________
A:You are welcome!
B:How smart you are!
C:The same to you!
D:Nice going!
4、- Bring me the bill, please.
- _________
A:You are welcome.
B:Please wait for a moment, sir.
C:I'll hurry up.
D:Be quick.
5、- My son won the first prize in the writing contest!
- _________
A:Congratulations!
B:Are you sure of that?
C:What a pity!                           
D:It's terrible.二、阅读理解 (30%)
1.   Oil is so important that it is sometimes called "black gold". Almost half of our energy comes from oil. We use it to run our cars and factories and to heat our homes, offices and schools. Many everyday things are made from oil. Your shirt may have oil in the material. The soap you wash your hands with might also be made from oil. Your favorite plastic toy is made from oil.
    Oil is hard to find, because it is trapped deep under the earth. Once the only way people knew there was oil someplace if it leaked out of the ground. Today, however, we have many ways of finding oil. One tool measures the pull of gravity. Places where gravity is weaker are more likely to have oil. Another tool is sound waves. Sound waves travel through different kinds of rocks at different speeds. We can use them to find the rocks that have oil in them.
    We need a lot of oil, and we are using up the oil wells we know about. Soon we must find new ways of looking for this "black gold". (1)、From this passage, we can know oil is a source of energy.
A:T
B:F (2)、According to the passage, we can tell that oil is found only under water.
B:F (3)、Sound waves travel through different kinds of rocks at different speeds.
B:F (4)、Many things are made from oil.
B:F (5)、The main idea of the whole story is that oil is important for us but hard to find.
B:F 2.   Languages are remarkably complex and wonderfully complicated organs of culture. They contain the quickest and the most efficient means of communicating within their respective culture. To learn a foreign language is to learn another culture. In the words of a poet and philosopher, "As many languages as one speaks, so many lives one lives." A culture and its language are as necessary as brain and body; while one is a part of the other, neither can function without the other. In learning a foreign language, the best beginning would be starting with the non-language elements of the language: its gestures, its body language, etc. Eye contact is extremely important in English. Direct eye contact leads to understanding, or, as the English saying goes, seeing eye-to-eye. We can never see eye-to-eye with a native speaker of English until we have learned to look directly into his eyes.(6)、The best title for this passage is Language and Culture.                          
B:F (7)、According to this passage, the only way to learn a foreign language is to begin by learning its body language.                                             
B:F (8)、According to this passage, gestures are pictures in a language.                  
B:F (9)、To learn a foreign language is to learn another culture.
B:F (10)、Direct eye contact leads to understanding in all cultures.     
B:F3、 Do you know Edison wore many caps during his life? First he was just a poor working boy. He wore work caps of many kinds. Later in life he became a famous inventor. Then he wore the caps of many famous schools and colleges. But his most important cap was his thinking cap.
When he was a young boy, Edison's thinking cap saved his mother's life. One night, she suddenly felt ill. A doctor was called in. He had to operate(做手术) on her at once, but there was not enough light in the room. Edison quickly put on his thinking cap. He got all the oil lights in the house and put them on a long table. Then he placed a big mirror behind them. At once the room was quite bright. The doctor could operate, and his mother was saved.
Edison was a thinking man. Yet, he was a working man and doing man, too. He was good with his hands and his head. Edison's inventions have changed the world greatly. Today, big trains run on electricity. Electricity lights light up the streets of towns and villages. Science uses it every day.
Records, shining lights, moving pictures and ringing telephones are very common now. Edison's thinking cap made them. Usually, caps keep the head warm. But thinking caps keep the world warm.(11)、The passage shows that Edison was very ________ when he was a young boy.
A:clever
B:stupid
C:ill
D:warm(12)、Edison was the inventor of records, lights, moving pictures, and ________.
A:wheels
B:telephones
C:computers
D:caps(13)、When the doctor was to operate, the room was dark because there was no ________.
A:windows
B:caps
C:enough lights
D:fire(14)、The thinking cap in the passage probably refers to _______.
A:Edison's gifts
B:a thick hat
C:a poor working boy
D:a schoolboy(15)、Which of the following is not true?
A:Edison was good with his hands and his head.
B:The doctor did not do very well in the operation.
C:Edison invented many things and changed the world greatly.
D:With Edison's help, the doctor saved his mother.三、词汇与语法 (15%)
1、What is the train ______ to Birmingham?
A:fee
B:tip
C:fare
D:cost
2、Father is busy _____the meal while I am busy with the homework.
A:cooking
B:to cook
C:cook
D:with
3、The computer system            suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet.
A:broke down
B:broke out
C:broke up
D:broke in
4、- " May I use your dictionary?"
- " ______."
A:Never mind
B:You are welcome
C:It doesn't matter
D:Certainly. Here you are
5、Would you please teach me ______ the fax machine?
A:how to use
B:what to use
C:what to do
D:how to do it
四、选词填空 (15%)
It was a large house that stood among other identical large houses in a tree-shaded square. At   1   I wondered if there could be some mistake. But the address in the advertisement was clear enough, so I rang the doorbell. A colored maid answered it. When I said I was looking   2   a room she nodded pleasantly, and led me up four flights of stairs.
    The carpets were thick and red, and wall decorations were of a   3   I had only seen in Hollywood films. I had a feeling that I was about to be shown a very expensive flat and   4   I should feel very foolish explaining that I was looking for something about ten times as cheap. But she led me up a final narrow flight of stairs with no   5  , and showed me a tiny room with a gas-fire, a single bed, an armchair and a table. It was icy cold.(1)、
A:carpet
B:kind
C:that
D:first
E:for(2)、
E:for(3)、
E:for(4)、
E:for(5)、
E:for五、英译汉 (30%)
1、Call me tomorrow if you have time.
2、Please tell me where I can find these books.
3、My parents got married in 1954.
4、After I get home, I'll call you.
5、How will you spend the evening?关于答案可以联系QQ 1647861640

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表