只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1688|回复: 0

[在线作业] 天津大学13年10月毕业生《开放英语-4》作业考核答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-9-30 14:47:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
天津大学13年10月毕业生考试《开放英语-4》作业考核
试卷总分:100   测试时间:--
一、单选题(共25道试题,共50分。)
1.6. This sentence is ( ) difficult ( ) few of the students can understand it.
A. too…to
B. very, that
C. so, that
D. such, that
满分:2分
2.11. It is a bad habit to ( ) others.
A. make a fun of
B. make fun to
C. make up for
D. make fun of
3.13. ---- Would you mind my opening this window It's getting stuffy in here. ---- ( )
A. I don’t like it.
B. Not at all, go ahead.
C. Yes, please.
D. Sure, please.
4.24. ---- What shall we do this Saturday ---- ( )
A. I don’t know.
B. Why not climb the mountain
C. What do you think
D. Sorry, I’m busy.
5.14. When we are crossing the streets, we must look out ( )cars.
A. to
B. for
C. at
D. of
6.3. --- Would you ( ) holding the umbrella for me for a while
A. like
B. want
C. mind
D. please
7.15. The developing country has to ( ) to terms with those superpowers.
A. come
B. get
C. take
D. go
8.25. ---- Would you mind helping me ---- ( )
A. What can I do for you
B. I have no idea.
C. Sorry, I’m busy now.
D. I would love to.
9.10. ---- Mrs. Johnson, I come to say good-bye. This party was very good. ---- ( )
A. Have a pleasant journey. I will miss you
B. Do you really like it
C. I’m happy you enjoyed it.
D. Why not stay here a little longer
10.21. People will think well of the actions that ( ) the will of theirs.
A. go against
B. go with
C. turn over
D. destroy
11.27. Her new job required that he ( ) at the factory on weekends.
A. be
B. was
C. is
D. would be
12.25. If Tony ( ) that late film last night, he wouldn’t be so sleepy.
A. didn’t see
B. haven’t seen
C. wouldn’t have seen
D. hadn’t seen
13.29. ---- Can I get you anything while I’m out ---- ( )
A. You can not be out this time.
B. If you happen to go by a post office, could you have this package weighed
C. Thank you.
D. Could I go out with you
14.13. I ran ( ) an old friend of mine yesterday, whom I hadn’t seen for years.
A. across
B. cross
C. after
D. for
15.3. ---- Hi, Anita! What’s new with you
A. Nothing much.
B. So bad.
C. This book is new.
D. Nice to meet you.
16.30. ---- Can I borrow a book from the library    ---- ( )
A. Yes, you can.
B. No, you can not.
C. How long will you lend it
D. You may
17.22. ---- I won’t go with you to the concert next month. ---- ( )
A. For what
B. How
C. Why not
D. Why
18.2. ---- How are you doing ---- ( )
A. Nice to meet you.
B. Not too bad.
C. How do you do
D. I’m doing my homework.
19.4. I don’t understand what she said ( ).
A. in all
B. after all
C. at all
D. all about
20.10. Have you finished your housework ( ) Yes. I have ( ) finished it.
A. yet, already
B. already, yet
C. ever, never
D. still, just
21.23. ---- Oh, I have a terrible toothache. ---- ( )
A. I told you not to eat much sugar.
B. What’s the matter with you
C. You’d better go to see a dentist.
D. I know that feeling.
22.15. ---- Do you mind if I smoke in the office ---- ( )
A. Good idea
B. Yes. I’d rather not.
C. Yes, I do.
D. No, thanks.
23.7. Please fill the three baskets ( ) flowers.
A. of
B. by
C. for
D. with
24.27. ---- Please give me a hand to print out the report, won't you ---- ( )
A. Of course I will.
B. You’re welcome.
C. You are so kind.
D. Don’t mention it.
25.26. ---- ( ) ---- Thank you. I can manage it myself.
A. Here you are.
B. These are your mails.
C. Can I help you with your suitcase
D. What can I do for
二、完型填空(共1道试题,共20分。)
1.Books are an important source__ 1__ we can get education. You may read every day and may__ 2__ a lot of books. But have you ever asked yourself, “Why am I reading” It is a good thing to often ask yourself__ 3__ question. For reading,__ 4__ doing anything else, it is important to have a clear purpose.__ 5__ you have learned in reading, the better the result. The second question__ 6__ you should often ask yourself is, “Why am I reading this book” or “Why am I reading it at the present time__ 7__ at any other” You can’t say you are reading a book just because it happens to be at hand. You should not only be serious in your reading,__ 8__ choose to read good books or those you need. It is always necessary__ 9__ on a few subjects that you have been studying or that interest you. If several subjects seem to be equally (同等的) important and__10__ , you should take them in order. “One thing at a time” is a good rule for all activities. (181)
1).
A. that
B. from that
C. which
D. from which
2).
A. read
B. readed
C. will read
D. have read
3).
A. such a
B. a such
C. so a
D. a so
4).
A.  like
B. for
C. as
D. from
5).
A. More
B. Much
C. The more
D. The much
6).
A. how
B. /
C. when
D. who
7).
A. and
B. rather than
C. had better
D. would rather
8).
A. but
B. and
C. so
D. too
9).
A. concentrate
B. concentrating
C. to concentrate
D. concentrated
10).
A. interests
B. interest
C. interesting
D. interested
三、阅读理解(共3道试题,共30分。)
1.Every people uses its own special words to describe things and express ideas. Some of these expressions are commonly used for many years. Others are popular for just a short time. One such American expression is “Where’s the beef” It is used when something is not as good as it is said to be. In the early 1980s “Where’s the beef” was one of the most popular expressions in the United States. It seemed as if everyone was using it at the time. Beef is the meat from a cow, and probably no food is more popular in America than a hamburger made from beef. In the 1960s Ray Kroc began building small restaurants called “McDonald’s” which sold hamburgers at a low price. Kroc cooked hamburgers quickly so people in a hurry could buy and eat them without waiting. By the end of the 1960s the McDonald’s Company was selling hamburgers in hundreds of restaurants in America. So Ray Kroc became one of the richest businessmen in America. Other businessmen opened their own hamburger restaurants. One company, called “Wendy’s”, began to compete with McDonald’s. Wendy’s said its hamburgers were bigger than those sold by McDonald’s or anyone else. The Wendy’s Company created the expression “Where’s the beef” to make people believe that Wendy’s hamburgers were the biggest. It produced a television advertisement to sell this idea. The Wendy’s television advertisement showed three old women eating hamburgers. The bread that covered the meat was very big, but inside there was only a tiny bit of meat. One of the women said she would not eat a hamburger with such a little piece of beef. “Where’s the beef” she shouted in funny voice. These advertisements for Wendy’s hamburger restaurants were a success from the first day they appeared on television. Then it seemed everyone began using the expression “Where’s the beef”
1).The expression “Where’s the beef” in the passage means __________.
A. the beef is lost
B. something is not as good as described
C. the beef is not as good as it is said to be
D. the food has turned bad
2).Hamburgers have become very popular in America because they are __________.
A. made form beef
B. cheaper than any other kind of food
C. served quickly and at a low price
D. the only fast food in America
3).Other people wanted to open hamburger restaurants because __________.
A. hamburgers are good to eat
B. they could cook hamburgers in a short time
C. hamburgers are easy to make
D. they thought they could make a lot of money
4).Wendy’s made the expression known to everybody by __________.
A. a newspaper
B. writing letters to people
C. a notice in front of the restaurant
D. a TV advertisement
5).According to the passage, which of the following statements is FALSE
A. In the early 1980s “Where’s the beef” was the most popular expression in America.
B. Perhaps the hamburger is the most popular food in America.
C. Wendy’s created the expression “Where’s the beef” to compete with McDonald’s in selling hamburgers.
D. “Where’s the beef” got popular as soon as it appeared in the TV advertisement.
2.There was once a professor of medicine, who was very strict with the students. Whenever he took the chair on the exam committee, the students would be in fear, because he was seldom pleased with the answer they gave. A student would be lucky enough if he or she could receive a good mark from him. At the end of the term, the students of medicine would take their exam again. Now a student entered the exam room and got seated before the committee. This student was a little nervous as he knew it would not be so easy to get through the exam at all. The professor began to ask. The student was required to describe a certain illness, his description of which turned out to be OK. Then the professor asked about the cure for illness, and the student, too, answered just as right. “Good,” said the professor, “and how much will you give the patient” “A full spoon,” answered the student. “Now you may go out and wait for what you can get,” said the professor. At the same time the committee carefully discussed the answers the student had given. Suddenly the student noticed that there was something wrong with his last answer. “A full spoon is too much,” he thought to himself. Anxiously he opened the door of the room and cried, “Professor, I’ve made a mistake! A full spoon is too much for the patient. He can take only five drops.” “I’m sorry, sir,” said the professor coldly, “but it’s too late. Your patient had died.”
1).The students were afraid of the professor because __________.
A. he was ugly
B. he often misunderstood them and gave them low marks
C. their answers seldom satisfied him
D. their answers often astonished him
2).The student’s description of the illness was __________.
A. not correct
B. completely wrong
C. not satisfying
D. accepted
3).Before he left the room the student was almost sure that __________.
A. he had passed the exam, and the only thing was to wait for the mark
B. his last answer had been wrong
C. he had made a big mistake
D. he could get a low mark
4).According to the passage, which of the following statements is NOT TRUE
A. The patient will be in danger if he’s taken as much as a full spoon.
B. The doctor will be in trouble if he’s given the patient a full spoon.
C. Since one spoon is less than five drops, the patient will be all right soon if he takes only one full spoon at a time.
D. If the patient wants to remain safe, he should take no more than five drops at a time.
5).We can infer that this passage comes from a __________.
A. newspaper
B. magazine
C. menu
D. diary
3.We do not know when man first began to use salt, but we do know that it has been used in many different ways throughout history. Historical evidence shows, for example, that people who lived over 3,000 years ago ate salted fish. Thousands of years ago in Egypt, salt was used to preserve the body of the dead. Stealing salt was considered a major crime during some periods in history. In the 18th century, for instance, about ten thousand people were put in prison for stealing salt. In the year 1553, stealing salt could be punished as a crime and the stealer’s ear was cut off. In the Roman Empire, one of the most important roads was the one that carried salt from the salt mines to Rome. Guards were stationed along the route to protect against salt thieves. The guards received their pay in salt, hence the English word, salary. Any guard who fell asleep while on duty was said to be “not worth his salt”, and as a result he would get a little less salt on his next payday. This expression is still used today in English to refer to a person who is thought of as incapable of doing a job. Now salt has many uses beyond the dining table. It is used in the making of glass and airplane parts, in the growing of crops, and in killing weeds (杂草). It is also used to make water soft, to melt ice on roads and highways, to make soap, and to fix colors on cloth. Salt can be obtained in various ways. Evaporation (蒸发) of salt water from the ocean or salt water lakes is one of the common processes for getting salt. However it is obtained, salt will continue to play an important role in the lives of the people everywhere.
1).Salt has been used in many different ways throughout history. We know this from __________.
A. the fact that ancient people ate salted fish
B. stories told by the Egyptians
C. books on the preservation of dead bodies
D. various kinds of historical evidence
2).About ten thousand people were arrested for stealing salt. This happened __________.
A. in the year 1535
B. in the year 1553
C. in the 1800s
D. in the 1700s
3).A usual kind of punishment to a salt thief in the 16th century was __________.
A. to give him less salt
B. to cut off his ear
C. to put him in prison
D. to pay him less money
4).In the Roman Empire many people were employed as guards to __________.
A. carry salt from the mines to Rome
B. protect the city of Rome
C. prevent thieves from stealing salt
D. protect the women and children
5).According to the passage, the expression “not worth his salt” in the fourth sentence of Paragraph 3 refers to __________.
A. one who fails to do his work well
B. one who should not be paid in salt
C. one who does his work well
D. one who should get less salt

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 00:03