注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1530|回复: 0

22年8月重庆大学《大学英语(1)》(第2次)

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-8-22 18:41:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
一、阅读理解(共 5 题、共 60 分)得分:60 分
1.Once upon a time, there lived a rich man. He had a servant ( 仆人 ). He and the servant loved wine and good food very much. Each time the rich man left his home, the servant would drink the wine and eat up all the nice food in the house. The rich man knew what his servant did, but he had never caught his servant doing that.
One morning, when he left home, he said to the servant, “ Here are two bottles of poison ( 毒药 ) and some nice food in the house. You must take of them. ” With these words, he went out.
But the servant knew that the rich man had said was untrue. After the rich man was away from his home, he enjoyed a nice meal. Because he drank too much, he was drunk and fell to the ground. When the rich man came back, he couldn ’ t find his food and his wine. He became very angry. He woke the servant up. But the servant told his story very well. He said a cat had eaten up everything. He was afraid to be punished, so he drank the poison to kill himself.
1).In the story, ( ) liked wine and good food very much.
A、the rich man
B、the servant
C、both A and B
D、neither A and B
122).
In fact, ( )ate all the nice food and drank the wine.
A、
the servant
B、
cat
C、
the rich man
D、
nobody
3).
The rich man knew that it was ( ) that drank the wine and ate up all the nice food.
A、
the cat
B、
himself
C、
nobody
D、
the servant
4).
The rich told the servant that there was poison in the two bottles, because ( ).
A、
there was in fact poison in the bottles
B、
did not want the servant to drink his wine
C、
he wanted to kill the cat
D、
he wanted to kill the servant
5).
From the story, we know that the servant is very ( )
A、
lazy
B、
bad
C、
clever
D、
kind
Exercise is one of the few factors with a positive role in long-term maintenance of body weight. Unfortunately, that message has not gotten through to the average American, who would rather try switching to “light” beer and low-calorie bread than increase physical exertion. Doctors found that less than one-fourth of overweight adults who were trying to reduce weight said they were combining exercise with their diet. Still, exercise’s supporting role in weight reduction is necessary. A study confirmed that those who dieted without exercise regained almost all their old weight, while those who worked exercise into their daily routine maintained their new weight. If you have been sedentary and decide to start walking one mile a day, the added exercise could burn an extra 100 calories daily. In a year time, assuming no increase in food intake, you could lose ten pounds. By increasing the distance of your walks gradually and making other dietary adjustments, you may lose even more weight.
1).
According to the passage, what is the advantage of exercise mentioned by the author?( )
A、
It can help you keep good health.
B、
It can help you maintain body weight.
C、
It can help you get rid of illness.
D、
It can help you find a good job.
CHICAGO (AP) On Jan. 1, an order went into effect requiring that every checked bag at more than 400 of the nation's commercial airports be screened(扫描检查)for bombs and weapons.
Sunday was expected to be the heaviest travel day since Jan. 1. Yet spot checks on Sunday at several of the nation's airports showed no major delays caused by the new security measures.
At the international terminal for Northwest Airlines at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, passengers waited up to 30 minutes longer than usual. Their bags were sent through giant screening machines and workers tore open taped boxes and searched through their contents before closing them up again.
Most travelers simply accepted stricter screening developed since the terrorist(恐怖分子)attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, before which only 5 percent of the roughly 2 million bags checked each day were screened for bombs.
The U.S. government has put an additional 23,000 people into airports to carry out the new order.
Sonny Salgatar, a 23-year-old college student flying home to San Diego from Chicago, was told by an airport officer after the first pass that one of his bags was "hot", meaning there was something he couldn't identify and he wanted to open the bag for an inspection.
The "hot" item turned out to be Salgatar's clothing iron.
"Listen, anything they want to do for security is OK for me," Salgatar said.
1).
The new measure was adopted to guard against ____.
A、
terrorist attacks
B、
luggage damage
C、
flight delays
D、
air crash
2).
What was the attitude of Sonny Salgatar towards the security measure taken? ____
A、
He was annoyed.
B、
He had no objection.
C、
He thought it useless.
D、
He didn't worry about it.
3).
The word "hot" (Line 2, Para. 6) most probably means ____.
A、
heated
B、
popular
C、
expensive
D、
suspicious
4).
Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? ____
A、
Major delays were caused after the security order went into effect.
B、
Most passengers regard the new measure as necessary.
C、
Passengers complain about longer delay at the airport.
D、
There will be more and stricter security measures.
5).
The best title of the passage might be ____.
A、
Fear of Terrorist Attacks
B、
Latest Screening Technology
C、
New Security Measures Adopted
D、
Inspection of Bombs and Weapons
It was not yet eleven o’clock when a boat crossed the river with a single passenger. While the youth stood on the landing-place searching in his pockets for money, the boatman lifted a lantern. By the newly risen moon, he took a very careful look at the stranger's appearance. He was a young man of eighteen years with brown, curly hair, well-shaped features. His bright, cheerful eyes were nature's gifts, and worth all that art could have done for his adornment ( 装饰 ). And now, as it seemed, he was on his first visit to town. He was wearing a rough gray coat, which was in good shape, but which had seen many winters before this one. In his left hand was a walking stick, and a leather bag in his right hand. The bag seemed not so much stocked. The youth, whose name was Robin, paid the boatman, and then walked forward into the town with a light step, as if he had not already traveled more than thirty miles that day. As he walked, he surveyed his surroundings as eagerly as if he were entering London or Madrid, instead of the little metropolis ( 中心城市 ) of a New England colony
1).
What time of year was it in this story? ( )
A、
Spring
B、
Summer
C、
Fall
D、
Winter
2).
How did Robin appear as he walked into town? ( )
A、
He was cheerful and excited.
B、
He was tired
C、
He seemed very sad.
D、
He seemed frightened by the strange surroundings
3).
At what time of day did Robin cross the river? ( )
A、
Morning
B、
Midday
C、
Late afternoon
D、
Night
4).
Robin was apparently going to town ( )?
A、
to buy new clothes
B、
for the first time
C、
for the first time in several years
D、
on one of his regular trips there
5).
How far had Robin traveled? ( )
A、
Over thirty miles
B、
From Madrid
C、
From a nearby town
D、
From London
In 1620, about half the USA was covered by forests . Today the forests have almost gone . A lot of good land has gone with them, leaving only sand . China doesn't want to copy the USA's example . We're planting more and more trees . We've built the " Great Green Wall" of trees across northern part of our country . The Great Green Wall is 7,000 kilometres long, and between 400 and 1,700 kilometres wide . It will stop the wind from blowing the earth away . It will stop the sand from moving towards the rich farmland in the south . More "Great Green Walls" are needed . Trees must be grown all over the world . Great Green Walls will make the world better .
1).
In 1620, about ?( )the USA was covered by forests
A、
a third
B、
half
C、
two thirds
D、
a fourth
2).
Trees must be grown in ( )
A、
China
B、
the USA
C、
some countries
D、
every part of the world
3).
A lot of good land has gone with ?( )
A、
sand
B、
water
C、
wind
D、
forests
4).
The Great Green Wall in China is ?( )long .
A、
7,000 kilometers
B、
1,700 kilometers
C、
7,000 meters
D、
400 kilometers
5).
( )will make the world better
A、
The Great Wall
B、
Tall buildings
C、
Great Green Walls
D、
Flowers and grass
二、单项选择题(共 20 题、共 40 分)得分:34 分
We are having a _____ technical problem with one of our engines.
A、
slight
B、
bright
C、
light
D、
slim
The pilot made a perfect landing on the runway.
A、
降落
B、
陆地
C、
起飞
D、
大洲
I ____ to my hometown in three years. I miss my old friends badly.
A、
have been
B、
haven't been
C、
went
D、
was
At the international conference, the famous scientist gave an excellent report ____ on his recent experiment.
A、
based
B、
to be based
C、
basing
D、
to base
It is a nice day to me. Why not ( ) for a picnic?
A、
go to
B、
go out
C、
go for
D、
go in
____ you have worked out the hard problem, you shall have a rest first.
A、
Ever since
B、
Now that
C、
By now
D、
In that
Rather than ____ everything to the last minute he always prefers to start early.
A、
leave to
B、
leaving
C、
leave
D、
left
After their argument, they are no longer on good ( ).
A、
term
B、
relation
C、
terms
D、
friends
错误
The subway is much ______ than the bus.
A、
less faster
B、
less fast
C、
more faster
D、
faster
--Have you returned the book to the library?
-- ______.
A、
I’m not afraid
B、
I'm afraid not
C、
I’m not afraid so
D、
I'm so afraid
I don't think your brother has ever been to Nanjing, ____?
A、
do I
B、
hasn't he
C、
don't I
D、
has he
Local dramas are the ______ part of Chinese culture.
A、
need
B、
required
C、
necessary
D、
inquired
______ tonight, why not drop in and play chess with me?
A、
After you are free
B、
When you are free
C、
Since you are free
D、
If you would be free
Congratulations on your being named this year’s Outstanding Manager. ( )
A、
最高的
B、
优秀的
C、
独特的
D、
外出的
The climate in Britain is always( ).
A、
stubborn
B、
reliable
C、
variable
D、
valuable
If you refuse my suggestion, you will regret( ).
A、
now and then
B、
time and time
C、
sooner or later
D、
in or out
错误
Once you have finished the design, you may have a whole week ______.
A、
down
B、
in
C、
off
D、
up
Don’t worry, you can ___ the file to your email.
A、
put
B、
find
C、
add
D、
attach
错误
Sally ______to have a cup of coffee whenever she comes home.
A、
would rather
B、
C、
would like
D、
feel like
The cost of traveling around the eight European countries can run as high ____ $2,000.
A、
as
B、
by
C、
to
D、
for

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 17:17