注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1042|回复: 0

西南大学《0848高级英语一》22春在线作业题目及答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-4-4 09:25:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
0848 高级英语一
1.[单选题] Only after class _________ to raise the question.
答案资料下载请参考帮助中心说明

A.D.he allowed
    B.he has allowed
    C.did he allow
    D.was he allowed
2.[单选题] Proper dieting can not only help a person lose ugly excess fat, _________ help him or her to keep it off.

A.also can
    B.can as well as
    C.but can also
    D.can too
3.[单选题] We often hear old people wishing they ________ young again.

A.were
    B.are
    C.will be
    D.had been
4.[单选题] It is the place ________.

A.in which I once visited
    B.that I once visit it
    C.where I once visited
    D.I once visited
5.[单选题] I hadn't expected Henry to apologize but I had hoped ________.

A.that he will call me up
    B.him calling me up
    C.that he would call me up
    D.him to call me up
6.[单选题] If I had ________, I'd visit Europe, stopping at all the same interesting places.

A.an enough long holiday
    B.a long holiday enough
    C.a long enough holiday
    D.a holiday enough long
7.[单选题] No matter how hard I try, my coach ________.

A.has forever criticized me
    B.forever criticizes me
    C.does forever criticize me
    D.is forever criticizing me
8.[单选题] It is important to realize that same technology ________ helps us may also harm us.

A.what
    B.when
    C.as
    D.that
9.[单选题] At present Jim is talking with Mark _________.

A.in the second floor
    B.on the floor two
    C.on the second floor
    D.in the floor two
10.[单选题] Marco Polo was an explorer who came from ________.

A.the city of Venice
    B.city of Venice
    C.city Venice
    D.Venice the city
11.[单选题] He had no sooner put down the receiver ________ the telephone rang again.

A.B.than
    B.when
    C.rather
    D.that
12.[单选题] The fire last week _________ the whole mansion.

A.could have burn down
    B.could burn down
    C.could have burned down
    D.could be burning down
13.[单选题] Tom ought not to ________ me your secret, but he means no harm.

A.tell
    B.be telling
    C.having told
    D.have told
14.[单选题] Whould you please send the message to ________ is in the office?
    A.whomever
    B.whom
    C.whoever
    D.who
15.[单选题] His great grandfather was among the first to settle in _________ is now the famous mountain resort.

A.what
    B.which
    C.that
    D.where
16.[单选题] Professor Richardson had a little trouble ________ for his research project.
    天津大学作业无忧答案网整理
    A.collected data
    B.collecting data
    C.to collect data
    D.collect data
17.[单选题] The smog is due ________ invisible gases, mostly from automobile exhaust.

A.from
    B.for
    C.to
    D.with
18.[单选题] Economists have warned that a lengthy recovery period may be the result ________ unemployment to rise too much.

A.in allowed
    B.allowing
    C.of allowing
    D.to allow
19.[单选题] When she overcomes her shyness, Nancy will surely grow ________ the other girls.

A.the more popular of
    B.just as popular like
    C.the most popular than
    D.as popular as
20.[单选题] Edison failed ________ times before he succeeded in producing the first electric lamp.

A.thousands
    B.thousands of
    C.thousand
    D.a thousand of
21.[单选题] With all kinds of fabric samples, the designer could not make up her mind _________.

A.about selecting which
    B.to select which one
    C.which to be selected
    D.which one to select
22.[单选题] A few years ago, the belief became general _________ organic juice and milk should never be drunk at the same meal.

A.and that
    B.so that
    C.now that
    D.that
23.[单选题] Were it not for the snowy weather, we ________ all right.

A.C.were
    B.would be
    C.may be
    D.would have been
24.[单选题] George Washington ________ president of the United States for eight years.

A.A.was being
    B.had been being
    C.had been
    D.was
25.[单选题] They tried to decide ________ to build a large factory or to buy more machines.

A.whether
    B.how
    C.what
    D.which
26.[单选题] ________ we can't get seems better than _________ we have.

A.What; what
    B.That; what
    C.That; that
    D.What; that
27.[单选题] How many students are there in your class, ________ parents serve in the government agencies?

A.which
    B.where
    C.whom
    D.whose
28.[单选题] Learning to repair the bicycle is often easier _________ competent people to do it.

A.as to find
    B.as finding
    C.than to find
    D.than finding
29.[单选题] We now know that about ________ all the kinds of seaweed are animals.

A.the one fourth
    B.one four of
    C.one fourth of
    D.one fourth
30.[单选题] We take considerable pride in what we have done before, but only ________ for today.

A.because of what means
    B.because what means
    C.because of what it means
    D.because what it means
31.[单选题] Paper money was in ________ use in China when Marco Polo visited the country in ________ thirteenth century.

A.the ; the
    B.x; the
    C.the ; x
    D.x; x
32.[单选题] In some parts of the world, tea _________ with milk and sugar.

A.is served
    B.serves
    C.is serving
    D.served
33.[单选题] Forty percent ________ stopped smoking in that company.

A.is
    B.have
    C.has
    D.are
34.[单选题] ________ told us to hand our papers in by Monday.

A.F.Professor Gregory Smith
    B.Professor Gregory Smith he
    C.Professor Gregory Smith who
    D.Professor Gregory Smith that
35.[单选题] When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door _________ "Sorry to miss you; will call later."

A.to read
    B.read
    C.reading
    D.reads
36.[单选题] Not until all the fish died in the river ________ how serious the pollution was.

A.the villagers realized
    B.didn't the villagers realize
    C.did the villagers realize
    D.the villagers did realize
37.[单选题] Another worry is that telecommunication systems may isolate people ________ each other.

A.from
    B.with
    C.for
    D.to
38.[单选题] Mother was worried because little Alice was ill, especially ________ father was away in France.

A.as
    B.if
    C.that
    D.during
39.[单选题] A psychologist reveals that ________ adult Americans have already experienced or will experience at least one panic attack in their lifetime.

A.as many ten million as
    B.as many as ten million
    C.ten million as many
    D.as ten million as many
40.[单选题] The visiting Minister expressed his satisfaction with the talks, _________ that he had enjoyed his stay here.

A.to add
    B.added
    C.adding
    D.having added
41.[单选题] Mistakes are the things that nobody wants, but we still make mistakes at any age. Some mistakes we make are about money. Some are about work or jobs. But most mistakes are about people. “Did Jerry really care when I broke up with Helen? When I got that great job, did Jim really feel good about it as a friend? Or did he envy my luck? And why didn’t Andy pick up that I was friendly just because I had a car?” When we look back, doubts like these can make us feel bad. But when we look back, it’s too late.
Why do we go wrong about our friends or our enemies? Sometimes what people say hides their real meaning. We need to listen and think for some time. And if we don’t really listen we miss the feeling behind the words. Suppose someone tells you, “You’re a lucky dog” That’s being friendly. But “lucky dog”? There’s a bit of envy in those words. Maybe he doesn’t see it himself. But bringing in the “dog” bit puts you down a little, what he may be saying is that he doesn’t think you deserve your luck.
“Just think of all the things you have to be thankful for” is another noise that says one thing and means another. It could mean that the speaker is trying to get you to see your problem as part of your life as a whole. But is he? Wrapped up in this phrase is the thought that your problem isn’t important. It’s telling you to think of all the starving people in the world when you haven’t got a date for Saturday night.
How can you tell the real meaning behind someone’ words? One way is to take a good look at the person talking. Do his words fit the way he looks? Does what he says agree with the tone of voice? His posture? The look in his eyes? Stop and think. The minute you spend thinking about the real meaning of what people say to you may save another mistake.

A.people tend to be annoyed when we check what they say
    B.people usually state one thing but mean another
    C.we tend to doubt what our friends say
    D.we fail to listen carefully when they talk
    E.philosopher
    F.teacher
    G.psychologist
    H.doctor
    I.how to interpret what people say
    J.why we go wrong with people sometimes
    BA.what to do when you listen to others talking
    BB.how to avoid mistakes when you communicate with people
    BC.take a good look at the person talking
    BD.notice the way the person is talking
    BE.examine the real meaning of what he says based on his manner, his tone and his posture
    BF.mind his tone, his posture and the look in his eyes
    BG.a bit of envy
    BH.lucky dog
    BI.being friendly
    BJ.your luck
42.[单选题] Tuesday sees the announcement of the Turner Prize shortlist. One critic has described the prize as “bipolar”, veering between good and bad years. Last year’s shortlist—which I was involved in selecting and judging—was well-received, after a widely criticized installment the year before. Will this year’s list live up to 2009’s, or will it outdo it? In other words, can the Turner have two good years in a row?
It’s always fun to speculate about who will be shortlisted. I hope this year’s judges come up with some unexpected and exciting names—controversy, too, never goes amiss. But it’s not been a spectacular year for British art: there has been no equivalent to Roger Hioms’s Seizure, which simply demanded to be considered. On the other hand, the usual suspects who might so easily have been on last year’s list are still around: don’t be surprised if the names Ryan Gander, Charles Avery or Susan Philipsz appear in the papers next week. Last year’s Turner exhibition featured no film or video for the first time in donkey’s years, so perhaps they will go the other way and select a video artist such as Hilary Lloyd or a filmmaker such as Rosalind Nashashibi.
But actually, one British artist has genuinely made an impact this year. 12 months ago I wrote here that I had decided not to nominate Banksy for the Turner shortlist: some people seemed to think I had stopped him being on it and that he was being considered seriously by the rest of the jury. In fact, as far as I know, I was the only juror considering him. In the end, he didn’t seem to be doing much that was new—but this year it’s a different story. In the last 12 months his museum show in Bristol drew delighted crowds and his film Exit Through the Gift Shop revealed a humor about his own enterprise that contrasts wonderfully with the dull arrogance of a Hirst. So for my money Banksy should be on the Turner shortlist this year. It’s a no-brainer. I wonder if the jury will agree. We’ll know on Tuesday.

A.The author once nominated Banksy.
    B.Banksy has a very successful museum show this year.
    C.Banksy did not win the Turner Prize.
    D.The author has more confidence in Banksy for this year’s Turner Prize.
    E.comment and make speculations about this year’s nominees for the Turner Prize
    F.criticize a few winners of the Turner Prize

G.recommend an artist to the Turner Prize
    H.document the selecting process for the Turner Prize
    I.choose
    J.swing
    BA.rise
    BB.fall
    BC.nominators
    BD.fans
    BE.winners
    BF.nominees
    BG.filmmakers
    BH.Banksy
    BI.British writers
    BJ.British artists
43.[单选题] Going online is a favorite pastime for millions of American children. Almost 10 million (14 percent) of America’s 69 million children are online. The Internet both entertains and educates children; however, there are some possible negative consequences for children who access kid-based Web sites. Advertising on kid-based Web sites has become both a rapidly growing market for consumer companies and a concern for parents. With a click on an icon, children can link to advertisers and be granted tremendous spending power. Children are an important target group for consumer companies. Children under age 12 spent $14 billion, teenagers another $67 billion, and together they influenced $160 billion of their parents’ incomes.
Many critics question the appropriateness of targeting children in Internet advertising and press to require that children be treated as a “special case” by advertisers. Because children lack the analytical abilities and judgment of adults, they may be unable to evaluate the accuracy of information they view, or understand that the information they provide to advertisers is really just data collected by an advertiser. Children generally lack the ability to give consent to the release of personal information to an advertiser, an even greater problem for children when they are offered inducements for providing personal information, or when personal information is required before they are allowed to register for various services. Children may not realize that in many cases these characters provide hotlinks directly to advertising sites.
The internet does present some challenges for advertisers who want to be ethical in their marketing practices. Many advertisers argue that we underestimate the levels of media awareness shown by children. By the age of seven or eight most children can recognize an advertisement and know that its purpose is to sell something and are able to make judgments about the products shown in advertisements. However, this somewhat optimistic and decidedly libertarian view of children runs aground when we realize that they are (like a surprising number of adults) unable to judge accurately between entertainment and advertising. Adults can fend for themselves but, as marketers, we should be explicit about our purpose when advertising to children on the Internet.

A.Children can’t analyze and judge what they are provided and what they give as accurately as adults.
    B.Children are too young to evaluate the information they get accurately.
    C.Children have become the important and huge consumer group.
    D.Children lack the ability to control themselves to be tempted by various advertisements.
    E.are growing at an incredible rate
    F.have much greater spending power than adults
    G.have contributed greatly to advertising industries
    H.are engaging in Internet business
    I.concerned
    J.criticized
    BA.indifferent
    BB.approved
    BC.They just pay no attention to the critics’ words.
    BD.They feel guilty about their activities after being blamed.
    BE.They decide to stop advertising to children on the Internet.
    BF.They argue children have the ability to treat advertisements rightly.
    BG.When they are permitted to register for a kind of game.
    BH.When their parents allow them to do so.
    BI.When they can distinguish advertising from entertainment.
    BJ.When they can judge what the advertisement provides accurately.
44.[单选题] In spite of “endless talk of difference”, American society is an amazing machine for homogenizing people. There is “the democratizing uniformity of dress and discourse, and the casualness and absence of difference” characteristic of popular culture. People are absorbed into “a culture of consumption” launched by the 19th-century department stores that offered vast arrays of goods in an elegant atmosphere. Instead of intimate shops catering to a knowledgeable elite, these were stores anyone could enter, regardless of class or background. This turned shopping into a public and democratic act. The mass media, advertising and sports are other forces for homogenization.
Immigrants are quickly fitting into this common culture, which may not be altogether elevating but is hardly poisonous. Writing for the National Immigration Forum, Gregory Rodriguez reports that today’s immigration is neither at unprecedented level nor resistant to assimilation. In1998 immigrants were 9.8 percent of population; in 1900, 13.6 percent. In the10 years prior to 1990, 3.1 immigrants arrived for every 1,000 residents; in the 10 years prior to 1890, 9.2 for every 1,000. Now, consider three indices of assimilation—language, home ownership and intermarriage.
The 1990 Census revealed that “a majority of immigrants from each of the fifteen most common countries of origin spoke English ‘well’ or ‘very well’ after ten years of residence.” The children of immigrants tend to be bilingual and proficient in English. “By the third generation, the original language is lost in the majority of immigrant families.” Hence the description of America as a “graveyard” for languages. By 1996 foreign-born immigrants who had arrived before 1970 had a home ownership rate of 75.6 percent, higher than the 69.8 percent rate among native-born Americans.
Foreign-born Asians and Hispanics “have higher rates of intermarriage than do US-born whites and blacks.” By the third generation, one third of Hispanic women are married to non-Hispanics, and 41 percent of Asian-American women are married to non-Asians.
Rodriguez notes that children in remote villages around the world are fans of superstars like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Garth Brooks, yet “some Americans fear that immigrants living within the United States remain somehow immune to the nation’s assimilative power.”
Are there divisive issues and pockets of seething anger in America? Indeed. It is big enough to have a bit of everything. But particularly when viewed against America’s turbulent past, today’s social indices hardly suggest a dark and deteriorating social environment.

A.are resistant to homogenization
    B.constitute the majority of the population
    C.exert a great influence on American culture
    D.are hardly a threat to the common culture
    E.assimilating
    F.identifying
    G.associating? ? ?
    H.monopolizing
    I.owed its emergence to the culture of consumption
    J.became intimate shops for common consumers
    BA.satisfied the needs of a knowledgeable elite
    BB.played a role in the spread of popular culture
    BC.harmful
    BD.fruitless
    BE.successful
    BF.poisonous? ? ??
    BG.To prove their popularity around the world.
    BH.To reveal the public’s fear of immigrants.
    BI.To give examples of successful immigrants.
    BJ.To show the powerful influence of American culture.
45.[多选题] If you were to begin a new job tomorrow, you would bring with you some basic strengths and weaknesses. Success or __1__ in your work would depend, to a great extent, on your ability to use your strengths and weaknesses to the best advantage. __2__ the utmost importance is your attitude.
A person __3__ begins a job convinced that he isn’t going to like it or is sure that he is going to fail is exhibiting a weakness which can only hinder his success. On the other hand, a person who is secure __4__ his belief that he is probably as capable of doing the work as anyone else and who is willing to make a cheerful attempt __5__ it possesses a certain strength of purpose.
The chances are that he will do well. __6__ the prerequisite skills for a particular job is strength. Lacking those skills is obviously a weakness. A bookkeeper who can’t add or a carpenter who can’t cut a straight line with a saw __7__ hopeless cases. This book has been designed to help you capitalize on the strength and overcome the __8__ that you bring to the job of learning. But in groups to measure your development, you must first take stock of somewhere you stand now. As we get further along in the book, we’ll be __9__ in some detail with specific processes for developing and strengthening learning skills.
However, to begin with, you should pause __10__ examine your present strengths and weaknesses in three areas that are critical to your success or failure in school: your attitude, your reading and communication skills, and your study habits.

A.be dealt

B.deal

C.dealing

D.dealt
    E.Have

F.Had
    G.Having

H.Had been
    I.strength

J.idea

BA.advantage

BB.weakness
    BC.in
    BD.on
    BE.off

BF.onto

BG.by

BH.at
    BI.on
    BJ.near

CA.Into

CB.Of
    CC.To
    CD.Out of
    CE.to

CF.with

CG.onto
    CH.into
    CI.what
    CJ.which
    DA.that

DB.who

DC.achievement
    DD.failure
    DE.victory
    DF.improvement
    DG.is
    DH.being

DI.been
    DJ.are

46.[问答题] C-E Translation
Turn the following sentence into English, using the words given in the brackets.
为了使恼怒的父亲和高傲的儿子重归于好,各种尝试都作过了。(reconciliation)

A.
47.[问答题] C-E Translation
Turn the following sentence into English, using the words given in the brackets.
作为这个组织的主席,他的目标之一是废除种族隔离制度(apartheid)。(abolish)

A.
48.[问答题] C-E Translation
在某些争论中,男孩子和女孩子总是站在对立的两边。(opposing)

A.
49.[问答题] C-E Translation
在公开场合对其他人流露真实感情往往是很难的。(reveal)

A.
50.[问答题] C-E Translation
为纪念革命烈士建造了一座纪念碑。(dedication)

A.
51.[问答题] C-E Translation
她觉得读书是一大乐趣。(relish)

A.
52.[问答题] C-E Translation
当有人批评她戏演得不好时,玛莎(Martha)耿耿于怀。(resentment)

A.
53.[问答题] E-C Translation
Turn the following sentence picked up from the text into Chinese.
Lies also do harm to those who tell them: harm to their integrity and, in the long run, to their credibility.
    A.
54.[问答题] E-C Translation
Almost all the letters indicate that we are a nation of tired teachers and apathetic pupils.

A.
55.[问答题] E-C Translation
Life is never just a being. It is a becoming, a relentless flowing on.

A.
56.[问答题] E-C Translation
In addition to class distinctions, there are differences between the English and ourselves in how space is allotted.

A.
57.[问答题] E-C Translation
The experiment showed that discussions may start about the meanings of words, but that, when interest in the problem is aroused, they seldom end there.
    A.
58.[问答题] E-C Translation
She could see in the open square before her house the tops of trees that were all aquiver with the new spring life.
    A.
59.[问答题] E-C Translation
If you look around you at the men and women whom you can call happy, you will see that they all have certain things in common.

A.
60.[问答题] Write a composition of about 200 words on the following topic:

Health is More Important than Wealth

You are to write in three paragraphs.
In the first paragraph, state clearly what your view is.
In the second paragraph, support your view with details.
In the last paragraph, bring what you have written to a natural conclusion with a summary or suggestion.
Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriateness. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks.
    A.
西南大学答案无忧答案网发布

西南大学《0848高级英语一》22春在线作业.zip

11.1 KB, 下载次数: 0, 下载积分: 贡献 1

售价: 20 金币  [记录]  [购买]

答案参考

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 08:02