注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 787|回复: 0

东大网院21秋大学英语B统考辅导03作业答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-9-20 08:04:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大学英语B统考辅导_2021秋_03

People often say that the Englishman’s home is his castle. They mean that the home is very important and personal. Most people in Britain live in houses rather than flats, and many people own their homes. This means that they can make them personal, and change them in any way they like. Most houses have a garden, even if it is a small one, and the garden is usually loved. The house and the garden are the private space of a person. In a crowded city a person knows that he or she has a private space which is only for himself or herself and for invited friends.People usually like to mark their space. If you are on the beach you may have spread your towels around you; in the rain you may have put your coat or small bag on the seat beside you; in a library you may spread your books around you.Once I was traveling on a train to London. I was on a section for four people and there was a table between us. The man opposite to me had his briefcase on the table. There was no space on my side of the table at all. I was unhappy. I thought he thought that he owned the whole table. I had been reading a book about nonverbal communication so I took various papers out of my bag and put them on his case! When I did this he suddenly became angry and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. I had taken up his space! A few minutes later I took my papers off in order to read them. He immediately moved his case to his side of the table.(2.0 分)1. What does the first sentence in Paragraph 1 mean? A. The home matters greatly to Englishmen.B.The castle is more important than the home.C. The home is more important than the castle.D.Englishmen usually live in homes instead of castles.(2.0 分)2. Which of the following is NOT the reason for most British to live in homes? A.They can make changes in houses in which they live.B.They love houses more than gardens.C. They can own private space like the house and the garden.D.They can keep the private space to themselves and friends(2.0 分)3. According to Paragraph 2, if you spread your books around you in a library, it means _______ . A.you want to spread your towels around you furtherB.you want to put your coat on the tableC.you can find no space for your books on the seatD. you want to tell others the space belongs to you(2.0 分)4. How did the man opposite to the writer show he owned the whole table? A. He sat in a section for four people.B. He placed his briefcase on the tableC.He was traveling on a train to LondonD.He was reading a book.(2.0 分)5. The writer tried to get back his space by ______. A. moving the case off the tableB.taking all his papers outC.taking up the space of the man oppositeD. showing the books concerned to the man
Believe it or not, optical illusion (错觉)can cut highway crashes.Japan is a case in point. It has reduced automobile crashes on some roads by nearly 75 percent using a simple optical illusion. Bent stripes, called chevrons (人字形), painted on the roads make drivers think that they are driving faster than they really are, and thus drivers slow down.Now the American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety in Washington D.C. is planning to repeat Japan’s success. Starting next year, the foundation will paint chevrons and other patterns of stripes on selected roads around the country to test how well the patterns reduce highway crashes.Excessive speed plays a major role in as much as one fifth of all fatal traffic accidents, according to the foundation. To help reduce those accidents, the foundation will conduct its tests in areas where speed-related hazards are the greatest---curves, exit slopes, traffic circles, and bridges.Some studies suggest that straight, horizontal bars painted across roads can initially cut the average speed of drivers in half. However, traffic often returns to full speed within months as drivers become used to seeing the painted bars.Chevrons, scientists say, not only give drivers the impression that they are driving faster than they really are but also make a lane appear to be narrower. The result is a longer lasting reduction in highway speed and the number of traffic accidents.(2.0 分)6.  The passage mainly discusses __________. A.a new way of highway speed controlB.a new pattern for painting highwaysC.a new approach to training driversD. a new type of optical illusion(2.0 分)7.  On roads painted with chevrons, drivers tend to feel that __________. A. they should avoid speed-related hazardsB.they are driving in the wrong laneC.. they should slow down their speedD.they are approaching the speed limit(2.0 分)8. The advantage of chevrons over straight, horizontal bars is that the former ___________. A.can keep drivers awakeB.can cut road accidents in halfC. will have a longer effect on driversD. will look more attractive(2.0 分)9.  The American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety Plans to __________. A. try out the Japanese method in certain areasB. change the road signs across the countryC.replace straight, horizontal bars with chevronsD. repeat the Japanese road patterns(2.0 分)10.What does the author say about straight, horizontal bars painted across roads? A. They are falling out of use in the United StatesB.They tend to be ignored by drivers in a short period of time.C.They are applicable only on broad roads.D.They cannot be applied successfully to traffic circles.
One silly question I simply can't stand is "How do you feel". Usually the question is asked of a man in action--a man on the go, walking along the street, or busily working at his desk. So what do you expect him to say? He'll probably say, "Fine, I'm all right." But "you've put a bug in his ear" — maybe now he's not sure. If you are a good friend, you may have seen something in his face, or his walk, that he did not realize that morning. It starts him worrying a little. First thing you know, he looks in a mirror to sec if everything is all right, while you go merrily on your way asking someone else, "How do you feel?"Every question has its time and place. It's perfectly acceptable, for instance, to ask "How do you feel?" if you're visiting a close friend in the hospital. But if the fellow is walking on both legs, hurrying to make a train, or sitting at his desk working, it's no time to ask him that silly question.When George Bernard Shaw, the famous writer of plays was in his eighties, someone asked him "How do you feel", Shaw put him in his place. "When you reach my age", he said, "either you feel all right or you're dead."(2.0 分)11.According to the writer, greetings, such as "How do you feel?" _________ . A. show one's consideration for othersB.are a good way to make friendsC.are proper to ask a man in actionD.generally make one feel uneasy(2.0 分)12.The question "How do you feel?" seems to be correct and suitable when asked of ________ . A. a man working at his deskB. a person having lost a close friendC.. a stranger who looks somewhat worriedD.a friend who is ill(2.0 分)13. The writer seems to feel that a busy man should _________ . A.be praised for his effortsB. never be asked any questionC.not be botheredD.be discouraged from working so hard(2.0 分)14.George Bernard Shaw's reply in the passage shows his ________ . A. cheerfulnessB.clevernessC.abilityD. politeness(2.0 分)15."You've put a bug in his ear "means that you've _________ . A.made him laughB. shown concern for himC.made fun of himD. given him some kind of warning
Education in the United States is usually divided into four levels. These are early children, elementary, secondary and higher education. School attendance is required in every state of the country, and in most states students must attend school from the age of 6 to 16.The first level is early childhood education. Its main purpose is to prepare children for school.The second level is elementary education. Education at this level is divided into six or eight grades, and children learn reading, arithmetic, writing, social studies and science. They also have art, music and physical education.The third level is secondary education. It is for junior and senior high school students. Some students take courses to prepare themselves for college. Other students take technical or vocational courses that prepare them for jobs after they graduate from high school.Higher education continues after high school. There are many kinds of institutes of higher education. Technical institutes offer two-year programs in electronics, engineering, business and other subjects. After two years at a junior college, students receive an associate degree and then they can continue at a four-year college.(2.0 分)16. Is school attendance required in the USA? A.Yes, in the whole country.B.Yes, in some states.C.Yes, in most states.D.Yes, only in a couple of states.(2.0 分)17.At what levels are programs of technical courses offered?A. Levels 1 and 2.B.Levels 2 and 3.C. Levels 3 and 4.D. Level 4 only.(2.0 分)18. What degree is awarded to students at a junior college? A. Associate degree.B. Bachelor’s degree.C.Master’s degree.D.Doctor’s degree.(2.0 分)19.What would be most probably talked about in the next paragraph? A.Undergraduate education.B.Post-graduate education.C.Pre-school education.D.Adult education.(2.0 分)20.What is the passage mainly about? A. Education policy in the USA.B.The four levels of education in the USA.C.The purpose of education in the USA.D.The subjects offered at schools in the USA.

(15.0 分)Studying English online is not different from study in the regular classroom,  36  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butit gives students freedom to think out their ideas and to write a reply  37  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butposting it onto the screen. Online learning also brings many benefits such as  38  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butthe value of hard work, gaining  39  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butof other cultures, and opening our minds to new ways of thinking. Learning a foreign language by computers  40  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butit possible to communicate with many more people and bridge the gap between one culture and another.

People often say that the Englishman’s home is his castle. They mean that the home is very important and personal. Most people in Britain live in houses rather than flats, and many people own their homes. This means that they can make them personal, and change them in any way they like. Most houses have a garden, even if it is a small one, and the garden is usually loved. The house and the garden are the private space of a person. In a crowded city a person knows that he or she has a private space which is only for himself or herself and for invited friends.People usually like to mark their space. If you are on the beach you may have spread your towels around you; in the rain you may have put your coat or small bag on the seat beside you; in a library you may spread your books around you.Once I was traveling on a train to London. I was on a section for four people and there was a table between us. The man opposite to me had his briefcase on the table. There was no space on my side of the table at all. I was unhappy. I thought he thought that he owned the whole table. I had been reading a book about nonverbal communication so I took various papers out of my bag and put them on his case! When I did this he suddenly became angry and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. I had taken up his space! A few minutes later I took my papers off in order to read them. He immediately moved his case to his side of the table.(2.0 分)1. What does the first sentence in Paragraph 1 mean? A. The home matters greatly to Englishmen.B.The castle is more important than the home.C. The home is more important than the castle.D.Englishmen usually live in homes instead of castles.(2.0 分)2. Which of the following is NOT the reason for most British to live in homes? A.They can make changes in houses in which they live.B.They love houses more than gardens.C. They can own private space like the house and the garden.D.They can keep the private space to themselves and friends(2.0 分)3. According to Paragraph 2, if you spread your books around you in a library, it means _______ . A.you want to spread your towels around you furtherB.you want to put your coat on the tableC.you can find no space for your books on the seatD. you want to tell others the space belongs to you(2.0 分)4. How did the man opposite to the writer show he owned the whole table? A. He sat in a section for four people.B. He placed his briefcase on the tableC.He was traveling on a train to LondonD.He was reading a book.(2.0 分)5. The writer tried to get back his space by ______. A. moving the case off the tableB.taking all his papers outC.taking up the space of the man oppositeD. showing the books concerned to the man
Believe it or not, optical illusion (错觉)can cut highway crashes.Japan is a case in point. It has reduced automobile crashes on some roads by nearly 75 percent using a simple optical illusion. Bent stripes, called chevrons (人字形), painted on the roads make drivers think that they are driving faster than they really are, and thus drivers slow down.Now the American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety in Washington D.C. is planning to repeat Japan’s success. Starting next year, the foundation will paint chevrons and other patterns of stripes on selected roads around the country to test how well the patterns reduce highway crashes.Excessive speed plays a major role in as much as one fifth of all fatal traffic accidents, according to the foundation. To help reduce those accidents, the foundation will conduct its tests in areas where speed-related hazards are the greatest---curves, exit slopes, traffic circles, and bridges.Some studies suggest that straight, horizontal bars painted across roads can initially cut the average speed of drivers in half. However, traffic often returns to full speed within months as drivers become used to seeing the painted bars.Chevrons, scientists say, not only give drivers the impression that they are driving faster than they really are but also make a lane appear to be narrower. The result is a longer lasting reduction in highway speed and the number of traffic accidents.(2.0 分)6.  The passage mainly discusses __________. A.a new way of highway speed controlB.a new pattern for painting highwaysC.a new approach to training driversD. a new type of optical illusion(2.0 分)7.  On roads painted with chevrons, drivers tend to feel that __________. A. they should avoid speed-related hazardsB.they are driving in the wrong laneC.. they should slow down their speedD.they are approaching the speed limit(2.0 分)8. The advantage of chevrons over straight, horizontal bars is that the former ___________. A.can keep drivers awakeB.can cut road accidents in halfC. will have a longer effect on driversD. will look more attractive(2.0 分)9.  The American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety Plans to __________. A. try out the Japanese method in certain areasB. change the road signs across the countryC.replace straight, horizontal bars with chevronsD. repeat the Japanese road patterns(2.0 分)10.What does the author say about straight, horizontal bars painted across roads? A. They are falling out of use in the United StatesB.They tend to be ignored by drivers in a short period of time.C.They are applicable only on broad roads.D.They cannot be applied successfully to traffic circles.
One silly question I simply can't stand is "How do you feel". Usually the question is asked of a man in action--a man on the go, walking along the street, or busily working at his desk. So what do you expect him to say? He'll probably say, "Fine, I'm all right." But "you've put a bug in his ear" — maybe now he's not sure. If you are a good friend, you may have seen something in his face, or his walk, that he did not realize that morning. It starts him worrying a little. First thing you know, he looks in a mirror to sec if everything is all right, while you go merrily on your way asking someone else, "How do you feel?"Every question has its time and place. It's perfectly acceptable, for instance, to ask "How do you feel?" if you're visiting a close friend in the hospital. But if the fellow is walking on both legs, hurrying to make a train, or sitting at his desk working, it's no time to ask him that silly question.When George Bernard Shaw, the famous writer of plays was in his eighties, someone asked him "How do you feel", Shaw put him in his place. "When you reach my age", he said, "either you feel all right or you're dead."(2.0 分)11.According to the writer, greetings, such as "How do you feel?" _________ . A. show one's consideration for othersB.are a good way to make friendsC.are proper to ask a man in actionD.generally make one feel uneasy(2.0 分)12.The question "How do you feel?" seems to be correct and suitable when asked of ________ . A. a man working at his deskB. a person having lost a close friendC.. a stranger who looks somewhat worriedD.a friend who is ill(2.0 分)13. The writer seems to feel that a busy man should _________ . A.be praised for his effortsB. never be asked any questionC.not be botheredD.be discouraged from working so hard(2.0 分)14.George Bernard Shaw's reply in the passage shows his ________ . A. cheerfulnessB.clevernessC.abilityD. politeness(2.0 分)15."You've put a bug in his ear "means that you've _________ . A.made him laughB. shown concern for himC.made fun of himD. given him some kind of warning
Education in the United States is usually divided into four levels. These are early children, elementary, secondary and higher education. School attendance is required in every state of the country, and in most states students must attend school from the age of 6 to 16.The first level is early childhood education. Its main purpose is to prepare children for school.The second level is elementary education. Education at this level is divided into six or eight grades, and children learn reading, arithmetic, writing, social studies and science. They also have art, music and physical education.The third level is secondary education. It is for junior and senior high school students. Some students take courses to prepare themselves for college. Other students take technical or vocational courses that prepare them for jobs after they graduate from high school.Higher education continues after high school. There are many kinds of institutes of higher education. Technical institutes offer two-year programs in electronics, engineering, business and other subjects. After two years at a junior college, students receive an associate degree and then they can continue at a four-year college.(2.0 分)16. Is school attendance required in the USA? A.Yes, in the whole country.B.Yes, in some states.C.Yes, in most states.D.Yes, only in a couple of states.(2.0 分)17.At what levels are programs of technical courses offered?A. Levels 1 and 2.B.Levels 2 and 3.C. Levels 3 and 4.D. Level 4 only.(2.0 分)18. What degree is awarded to students at a junior college? A. Associate degree.B. Bachelor’s degree.C.Master’s degree.D.Doctor’s degree.(2.0 分)19.What would be most probably talked about in the next paragraph? A.Undergraduate education.B.Post-graduate education.C.Pre-school education.D.Adult education.(2.0 分)20.What is the passage mainly about? A. Education policy in the USA.B.The four levels of education in the USA.C.The purpose of education in the USA.D.The subjects offered at schools in the USA.

(15.0 分)Studying English online is not different from study in the regular classroom,  36  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butit gives students freedom to think out their ideas and to write a reply  37  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butposting it onto the screen. Online learning also brings many benefits such as  38  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butthe value of hard work, gaining  39  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butof other cultures, and opening our minds to new ways of thinking. Learning a foreign language by computers  40  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butit possible to communicate with many more people and bridge the gap between one culture and another.

(15.0 分)Studying English online is not different from study in the regular classroom,  36  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butit gives students freedom to think out their ideas and to write a reply  37  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butposting it onto the screen. Online learning also brings many benefits such as  38  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butthe value of hard work, gaining  39  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butof other cultures, and opening our minds to new ways of thinking. Learning a foreign language by computers  40  A.makesB.understandingC.realizingD.beforeE.butit possible to communicate with many more people and bridge the gap between one culture and another.5.[单选题]—I’m looking for a shirt for my father.—_____________
    A.What size do you wear?
    B.What can I do for you?
    C.How about this one?
    D.What size does your father wear?
    正确答案:————
6.[单选题]Parents should take full _________ for their children’s actions.
    A.pollution
    B.responsibility
    C.profession
    D.relationship
7.[单选题]Would you like to take ______ in the contest?
    A.place
    B.part
    C.position
    D.post
8.[单选题]Almost everyone fails _______ the driver’s test on the first try.
    A.at passing
    B.to pass
    C.to have passed
    D.on passing
9.[单选题]He is always ______ at the sound of fire alarms.
    A.scares
    B.scared
    C.scaring
    D.scare
10.[单选题]5. I'd rather have a room of my own, however small it is, than _______ a room with someone else.
    A.share
    B.to share
    C.sharing
    D.to have shared
11.[单选题]Bees do a kind of dance to tell other bees about the _____ of flowers.
    A.locate
    B.location
    C.space
    D.room
12.[单选题]--- Good night and thanks again.---- __________________.
    A.You can’t say that
    B.No, no. It’s what I can do
    C.How can you say that
    D.Good night
13.[单选题]— Hello, is that Shanghai Airlines?— __________________ .
    A.Yes, can I help you?
    B.Yes, what do you want?
    C.Yes, you're right
    D.Yes, right number
14.[单选题]He had no choice but ________ to see him.
    A.go
    B.went
    C.going
    D.to go
15.[单选题]—Thank you for the wonderful meal, Mrs. Hanson.—_____________
    A.I don’t think you ate well.
    B.I’m not a good cook in fact.
    C.Be careful next time
    D.I am glad you enjoyed it.
16.[单选题]— Do you mind if I join you?— _________________ .
    A.I'm very happy to do so
    B.Never mind
    C.Please do
    D.Oh, I can't
17.[单选题]He has great interest in foreign cultures.
    A.about
    B.toward
    C.in
    D.over
18.[单选题]We got to the airport just ______ time to catch the flight.
    A.in
    B.on
    C.before
    D.after
19.[单选题]11. The fire was finally brought under control, but not _______ extensive damage had been caused.
    A.before
    B.since
    C.after
    D.as

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|网站地图|无忧答案网 ( 冀ICP备18010495号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 19:07