东北大学网院大学英语(三)_2017春_01 答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-4-13 01:33:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大学英语(三)_2017春_01
Like most people, I was brought up to look upon life as a process of getting. It was not until in my late thirties that I made this important discovery: giving-away makes life so much more exciting. You need not worry if you lack money. This is how I experimented with giving-away. If an idea for improving the window display of a neighborhood store flashes to me, I step in and make the suggestion to the storekeeper. One discovery I made about giving-away is that it is almost impossible to give away anything in this world without getting something back, though the return often comes in an unexpected form. One Sunday morning the local post office delivered an important special delivery letter to my home, though it was addressed to me at my office. I wrote the postmaster a note of appreciation. More than a year later I needed a post-office box for a new business I was starting. I was told at the window that there were no boxes left, and that my name would have to go on a long waiting list. As I was about to leave, the postmaster appeared in the doorway. He had overheard (无意中听到) our conversation. “Wasn’t it you that wrote us that letter a year ago about delivering a special delivery to your home?” I said yes. “Well, you certainly are going to have a box in this post office if we have to make one for you. You don’t know what a letter like that means to us. We usually get nothing but complaints.”
(4.0 分)1.From the passage, we understand that _________ .
A.the author did not understand the importance of giving until he was in late thirties
B.the author was like most people who were mostly receivers rather than givers
C.the author received the same education as most people during his childhood
D.the author liked most people as they looked upon life as a process of getting
(4.0 分)2.According to the author ___________ .
A.giving means you will lack money
B.the excitement of giving can bring you money
C.you don't have to be rich in order to give
D.when you give away money, you will be rich
(4.0 分)3.The author would make the suggestion to the storekeeper___________ .
A. in writing
B.in person
C.in the window display
D.about the neighborhood
(4.0 分)4.When the author needed a post-office box, _________ .
A.he had to put his name on a waiting list
B.he wrote the postmaster a note of appreciation
C.many people had applied for post-office boxes before him
D.he asked the postmaster to make one for him
(4.0 分)5.In reply to the postmaster's question, the author said _________ .
A.it was the special delivery
B.it was the post-office box
C.it was the note of appreciation he wrote
D.it was he who wrote him a letter a year agoOne silly question I simply can't stand is "How do you feel". Usually the question is asked of a man in action--a man on the go, walking along the street, or busily working at his desk. So what do you expect him to say? He'll probably say, "Fine, I'm all right." But "you've put a bug in his ear" — maybe now he's not sure. If you are a good friend, you may have seen something in his face, or his walk, that he did not realize that morning. It starts him worrying a little. First thing you know, he looks in a mirror to sec if everything is all right, while you go merrily on your way asking someone else, "How do you feel?"Every question has its time and place. It's perfectly acceptable, for instance, to ask "How do you feel?" if you're visiting a close friend in the hospital. But if the fellow is walking on both legs, hurrying to make a train, or sitting at his desk working, it's no time to ask him that silly question.When George Bernard Shaw, the famous writer of plays was in his eighties, someone asked him "How do you feel", Shaw put him in his place. "When you reach my age", he said, "either you feel all right or you're dead."
(4.0 分)6.According to the writer, greetings, such as "How do you feel?" _________ .
A.show one's consideration for others
B.are a good way to make friends
C.are proper to ask a man in action
D.generally make one feel uneasy
(4.0 分)7.The question "How do you feel?" seems to be correct and suitable when asked of ________ .
A.a man working at his desk
B.a person having lost a close friend
C.a stranger who looks somewhat worried
D.a friend who is ill
(4.0 分)8.The writer seems to feel that a busy man should _________ .
A.be praised for his efforts
B.never be asked any question
C.not be bothered
D.be discouraged from working so hard
(4.0 分)9.George Bernard Shaw's reply in the passage shows his ________ .
A.cheerfulness
B.cleverness
C.ability
D.politeness
(4.0 分)10."You've put a bug in his ear "means that you've _________ .
A.made him laugh
B.shown concern for him
C.made fun of him
D.given him some kind of warning
(3.0 分)11.I thought you were going to the mountains last week.—I'd want to, but I was _______ busy to leave
A.too much
B.so much
C.much more
D.much too
(3.0 分)12.He opened the door quietly ______ wake up the baby.
A. so as to
B.so as not to
C. so as to not
D.as so to
(3.0 分)13.---- Oh, sorry to bother you.---- _______________.
A.That’s okay
B.No, you can’t
C.That’s good
D.Oh, I don’t know
(3.0 分)14.He said that he would come and he _______ come.
A.will
B.would
C.did
D.didn’t
(3.0 分)15.By the time I graduate from college, I ______ English for 10 years.
A.learn
B.have learned
C.will have learned
D.learned
(3.0 分)16.— Why don't you travel to New York on vacation?— __________________ .
A.I don’t want to go
B.Excuse me, because I can’t
C.I want to, but I haven’t got enough money
D.Because I’m going to school today
(3.0 分)17.There is a _______ bear in the room.
A.brown big
B.big woolen brown
C.woolen big brown
D.big brown woolen
(3.0 分)18.The bank manager asked his assistant if it was possible for him to ______ the investment plan within a week.
A.work out
B.put out
C.make out
D.set out
(3.0 分)19.The speaker succeeded ______ everyone laugh.
A.to make
B.for making
C.make
D.in making
(3.0 分)20.Be sure to ______ the lights before you go to bed.
A.turn on
B.put off
C.turn down
D.put out
(3.0 分)21.— Well done. Congratulations on your success.— __________________ .
A.Thank you very much
B.Oh, no, no
C.No, I didn't do very well
D.Sorry, I couldn't do any better
(3.0 分)22.He suddenly left for Paris yesterday, _______ was more than we had expected.
A.that
B.which
C.what
D. this
(3.0 分)23.—How did your interview go?—_____________
A.I had the interview yesterday.
B.Do you know?
C.I could not feel better about it.
D.You must be joking.
(3.0 分)24.______ do barking dogs bite.
A. Sometimes
B.Often
C. Ever
D.Seldom
(3.0 分)25.---- Can you come over for dinner with us?---- __________________.
A.I’d like to, but I have a meeting tonight
B.It doesn’t matter
C.No, I don’t like
D.Oh, that sounds well
(15.0 分)Some freshmen may worry about which courses to take and which major to choose. If you don’t know what you want to do after college, you should select courses that26A.interestB.restC.formallyD.fieldsE.choiceyou and will expose you to different27A.interestB.restC.formallyD.fieldsE.choice. Most students know which major they want to pursue by the time they have to28A.interestB.restC.formallyD.fieldsE.choicechoose one. Even if you are unsure or later decide that your29A.interestB.restC.formallyD.fieldsE.choiceisn’t the best one, there is usually time to switch majors. Don’t forget, your major doesn’t have to determine what you will do for the30A.interestB.restC.formallyD.fieldsE.choiceof your life. Often the key to learning well in college is to choose a major in a subject that you enjoy.

发表于 2017-5-9 14:47:54 | 显示全部楼层
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表