[东财] 《大学英语一》习题及答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-6-20 23:34:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
《大学英语一》习题
答案附件回复课,需要的请自助下载
一、单选题
1. —Can I get you a cup of tea?  
  — _______________________.
A.That’s very kind of you.                                                  B.With pleasure.
C. Youcan, please.                                                               D.Thank you for the tea.
2. —Who is that speaking?  
— Thisis Tom ______________.  
A.speaks                                  B.spoke                      C. speaking                                D. saying
3. — Iwas worried about my math, but Mr. Brown gave me an A.
  —           .
A.Don’t worry about it.                                                        B.Congratulations! That’s difficult course.
C. Mr.Brown is very good.                                            D.Good luck to you!
4. —What can I do for you?
  —         .
A. Iwant a kilo of pears.                                                       B.You can do in your own way.
C.Thanks.                                                                           D.Excuse me. I’m busy.
5. —____________________
— Heteaches physics at a school.
A. Whatdoes your father want to do?        B. Whois your father?
C. Howis your father?           D.What is your father?
6. —____________________
— Well,they got there last Wednesday. So about a week.
A. Howlong have your parents been in Paris?                         B.When did your parents arrive at Paris?
C. Didyour parents arrive at Paris last Wednesday?                D.When will your parents go to Paris?
7. —Mike injured his leg playing football yesterday.
—Really? _______________.
A. Whodid that?                                     B.What’s wrong with him?
C. Howdid that happen?                                         D.Why was he so careless?
8. — Mybirthday is tomorrow.
—___________________.
A. Ho,I have no idea.                       B. I’m glad you like it.
C. Manyhappy returns of the day!                    D.You must be very happy.
9. —Are you getting a new flat this year?
—_______________________. I can’t afford to pay my bills, let alone a new flat.
A.Without question.                  B. Areyou sure?
C. Goodidea!                      D. You must be joking
10. —Please help yourself to some seafood.
—_______________.
       A. No, I can’t.                    B. Sorry, Ican’t help.
       C. Well, seafood don’t suit.     D.Thanks, but I don’t like seafood.
11.Stocks are regarded as a good long-term ______________.
A.involvement             B. installment               C. investment        D. instrument
Many_____ shops will be forced to close if the new supermarket is built.
A.local          B. broad               C. general                    D. public
There'sa lot of public _________ about dangerous toxins recently found in food.
A.concern            B. concept                   C. conduct                   D. conflict
14.  Students should be encouraged to use ___Internet as ____ resource.
       A. /; a            B./; the                C. the; the                    D. the; a
15.  One potential danger is _____ the informationcould be used by others to your disadvantage.
       A. that           B.what                 C. it                             D. which
16.  This fire extinguisher is to be used only incase of ______________.
A.urgency            B. crisis                C. immediacy              D. emergency
17.  She’s part of a team of scientists who are_________ upon cancer research.
       A. worked             B.arranged                  C. engaged                   D. involved
18.  The ___________ doesn’t cover household items.     
       A. intelligence        B. insurance                 C.instance                   D. insult
19.  Please prepare the medicine for me accordingto this                .
       A. prescription              B. description                     C.inscription         D. subscription
20.  Tourism has ______________ agriculture as thenation’s main industry.
       A. recalled             B. reckoned                 C.redirected                D. replaced
21.  My fish was delicious but Charles' beef hadalmost no ___________.
A.sauce                                            B.smell                              C.flavor               D. appetite
22.  Contrary to expectations, the film wassuccessful _________ when it was released.
A.currently                                       B.fast                                C.readily                     D. instantly
23.  Oil is an important __________ material whichcan be processed into many different products, including plastics.
A.uncovered                              B.raw                                C.fresh                       D. crude
24.  The girl is __________ of a film star.
A.somebody                              B.something                C. anybody                  D. anything
25.  I had my meals _________ when I was ill in bedwith a bad cold.
A. tobring                                         B.bring                              C.brought                    D. bringing
26. —Can I get you a cup of tea?  
  — _______________________.
A.That’s very kind of you.                                                  B.With pleasure.
C. Youcan, please.                                                               D.Thank you for the tea.
27. —Who is that speaking?  
— Thisis Tom ______________.  
A.speaks                                  B.spoke                      C. speaking                                D. saying
28. — Iwas worried about my math, but Mr. Brown gave me an A.
  —           .
A.Don’t worry about it.                                                        B.Congratulations! That’s difficult course.
C. Mr.Brown is very good.                                            D.Good luck to you!
29. —What can I do for you?
  —         .
A. Iwant a kilo of pears.                                                       B.You can do in your own way.
C.Thanks.                                                                           D.Excuse me. I’m busy.
30. —____________________
— Heteaches physics at a school.
A. Whatdoes your father want to do?        B. Whois your father?
C. Howis your father?           D.What is your father?
31. —____________________
— Well,they got there last Wednesday. So about a week.
A. Howlong have your parents been in Paris?                         B.When did your parents arrive at Paris?
C. Didyour parents arrive at Paris last Wednesday?                D.When will your parents go to Paris?
32. —Mike injured his leg playing football yesterday.
—Really? _______________.
A. Whodid that?                                     B.What’s wrong with him?
C. Howdid that happen?                                         D.Why was he so careless?
33. —My birthday is tomorrow.
—___________________.
A. Ho,I have no idea.                       B. I’m glad you like it.
C. Manyhappy returns of the day!                    D.You must be very happy.
34. —Are you getting a new flat this year?
—_______________________. I can’t afford to pay my bills, let alone a new flat.
A.Without question.                  B. Areyou sure?
C. Goodidea!                      D. You must be joking
35. —Please help yourself to some seafood.
—_______________.
       A. No, I can’t.                    B. Sorry, Ican’t help.
       C. Well, seafood don’t suit.     D.Thanks, but I don’t like seafood.
36.Stocks are regarded as a good long-term ______________.
A.involvement             B. installment               C. investment        D. instrument
37. Many_____ shops will be forced to close if the new supermarket is built.
A.local          B. broad               C. general                    D. public
38. There'sa lot of public _________ about dangerous toxins recently found in food.
A.concern            B. concept                   C. conduct                   D. conflict
39.  Students should be encouraged to use ___Internet as ____ resource.
       A. /; a            B./; the                C. the; the                    D. the; a
40.  One potential danger is _____ the informationcould be used by others to your disadvantage.
       A. that           B.what                 C. it                             D. which
41.  This fire extinguisher is to be used only incase of ______________.
A.urgency            B. crisis                C. immediacy              D. emergency
42.  She’s part of a team of scientists who are_________ upon cancer research.
       A. worked             B.arranged                  C. engaged                   D. involved
43.  The ___________ doesn’t cover household items.     
       A. intelligence        B. insurance                 C.instance                   D. insult
44.  Please prepare the medicine for me accordingto this                .
       A. prescription              B. description                     C.inscription         D. subscription
45.  Tourism has ______________ agriculture as thenation’s main industry.
       A. recalled             B. reckoned                 C.redirected                D. replaced
46.  My fish was delicious but Charles' beef hadalmost no ___________.
A.sauce                                            B.smell                              C.flavor               D. appetite
47.  Contrary to expectations, the film wassuccessful _________ when it was released.
A.currently                                       B.fast                                C. readily                     D. instantly
48.  Oil is an important __________ material whichcan be processed into many different products, including plastics.
A.uncovered                              B.raw                                C.fresh                       D. crude
49.  The girl is __________ of a film star.
A.somebody                              B.something                C. anybody                  D. anything
50.  I had my meals _________ when I was ill in bedwith a bad cold.
A. tobring                                         B.bring                              C.brought                    D. bringing
51.  — Could you help me with English?
—___________________________.
A. No,no way.                                                       B.No, I couldn’t.
C. No,I can’t.                                                        D.Sorry, I can’t. I have an appointment right now.
52. —Excuse me, but can you tell me the way to the post office?
  — __________________________________________.
A.Don’t ask that.                                            B.Sorry, I am a stranger here.
C. No,I can’t say that.                                     D.No, you are driving too fast.
53. —This box is too heavy for me to carry upstairs.
  — ______________________________________.
A. Youmay ask for help                                          B.I’ll give you a hand   
C.Please do me a favor                                          D.I’d come to help
54. —Excuse me, but can you tell me the way to the post office?
A. Don’t ask that.                                           B.Sorry, I’m a stranger here.
C. No,I can’t say that.                                     D.No, you’re driving too fast.
55. —Oh, sorry to bother you.
A.That’s Okay.                                                      B.No, you can’t
C.That’s good.                                                      D.Oh, I don’t know.
56. —Could I speak to Mr. Lee, please?
  — ____________.
A. I’mlistening.                  B. Oh, how doyou do?
C. I’mLee.                 D. Speaking, please.
57.  — Hi, is John there, please?
—   ____________.
A. Holdon. I’ll get her.                      B.No, she isn’t.
C. Yes,this is her home.                    D.Yes. What do you want?
58. —Doctor, I don’t feel well.
  — _____________.
A. Yes,you are fine.                   B. Itdoesn’t matter.
C.What’s the matter?                 D.Don’t be so sad.
59. —My mother is pretty sick.
  — __________________.
A. Goodfor her.                 B. Oh, it’s nottrue.
C.That’s too bad.                      D.Why so?
60. —Hello, may I talk to the director now?
   — ___________________.
       A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment.                  B. No, you can’t.
   C. Sorry, you can’t.                                          D. I don’t know.
61.Some architectural designs are better than____________.
A.others                             B.another                           C. theother                               D. therest
62.Tom, what did you do with my documents? I have never seen such a ________anddisorder.
A. mass                             B. mess                       C. guess                                     D. bus
63.Uncle Sam sent him a _______bicycle as present.
A. redsports new                B. sports newred                C. new sports red                       D. new red sports
64.There was so much noise in the classroom that the teacher couldn’t makehimself________.
A.heard                                     B.hearing                           C. tohear                                   D.hear
65.—Take this medicine twice a day, Peter?
   —Do I have to take it? It ______so terrible.
A. istasting                                B.is tasted                         C.tastes                                     D.has tasted
66.  When Lily came home at 5 p.m. yesterday, hermother            dinner in the kitchen.
A.cooked                                  B.was cooking                    C. cooks                             D. has cooked
67.  Did you notice the guy            head looked like a big potato?
A. who                                      B. which                      C. whose                            D. whom
68.  Both the kids and their parents            English, I think. I know it fromtheir accent.
A. is                                   B. been                               C. are                                        D. was
69.  Never before            see such a terrible car accident onthe road!
A. Ihave                             B. have I                      C. I did                                      D. did I
70.  John's father            mathematics in this school eversince he graduated from Harvard University.
A.taught                             B.teaches                           C. hastaught                              D. isteaching
71   The students were all entertained in aMexican restaurant, at Professor Brian's            .
A.money                         B.pay                      C.expense                             D.loss
72.  Tom, what did you do with my documents? I havenever seen such a            anddisorder!
A. mass                                     B. mess                              C. guess                                     D.bus
73.  If she wants to stay thin, she must makea            in her diet.
A.change                                   B.turn                                C. run                                        D. go
74.            the War of Independence, the UnitedStates was an English colony.
A.Before                                   B.At                                  C. In                                          D.Between
75.  You shouldn't            your time like that, Bob; you haveto finish your schoolwork tonight.
A. cut                          B. do                        C.kill                                    D.kick
76. —Could you help me with my physics, please?
  — ¬¬¬¬¬____________.
A. No,no way.                                                       B.No, I couldn’t.
C. No,I can’t                                                  D.Sorry I can’t. I have to go to a meeting right now.
77.  Could I speak to Don Watkins, please?
A. I’mlistening.                                               B.Oh, how are you?                  
C.Speaking, please.                                                D.I’m Don
78. —Thanks for your help.
  —  ________________
A. Mypleasure.                          B. Never mind.                           
C.Quite right.                     D. Don’task me.
79.—Hi, welcome back. Had a nice trip?
—_________________.
A. Oh,fantastic! Fresh air, and sunshine every day.
B. Comeon, I’ve got lots of fun.
C. Bythe way, I don’t like swimming very much.
D.Well, I look forward to your invitation.
80. —Oh, sorry to bother you.
  — __________________.
A.That’s Okay.                           B. No, you can’t.                 
C.That’s good.                   D. Oh, Idon’t know.
81. —How do you do? Glad to meet you.
  — _____________________.
A.Fine. How are you?                                     B.How do you do? Glad to meet you, too.
C. Howare you? Thank you!                                  D.Nice. How are you?
82.–How was your trip to London, Jane?
–_____________________
A. Oh,wonderful indeed.                  B. Iwent there alone.
C. Theguide showed me the way.                    D.By plane and by bus.
83. — Ibelieve we’ve met somewhere before.
  — No, ____________.
A. itisn’t the same                                              B. it can’t betrue
C. Idon’t think so                                              D. I’d rathernot
84. —Hi, Tom, how's everything with you?
—              , and how are you?
A.Don't mention it                                      B. Hmm, not too bad.
C.Thanks                                           D. Pretty fast
85.  — That's a beautiful dress you have on!
—            
A. Oh,thanks. I got it yesterday.                B. Sorry, it's too cheap.
C. Youcan have it.                      D. See you later.
86. Ididn’t hear the phone. I _______ asleep.
A. mustbe         B.should be         C. must have been          D. should have been
87.Don’t wait for me if you _______.
A. havea hurry     B. are in a hurry      C. have a speed             D. are in a speed
88.John had _______ his leg while playing football this morning.
A.broken            B.break                C. to break                        D. breaking
89. Iam _______ of money at the moment. Could you lend me some?
A.short              B.long                  C. need                          D. wanting
90. —Do you think I should study Japanese or French?
—_______________.
A. It’syour own decision               B.None of your business         
C. It’sup to you                              D. That’s all right
91. Thetravelers were not aware _______ the danger ahead.
A.with                B.of              C. for             D. to
92.______ yesterday, I would have asked him not to do that.
A. Ifhe had come                          B. ifhe came            
C.Provided he came               D. Has he came
93._______ the heavy rain, she went shopping.
A. Inspite of                             B.Despite on
C.Although                    D. However
94.  Mother doesn’t know _______ the hammer afterher son had used it.
A.where did her son put                  B.where her son putting
C.where her son put                           D. where to put
95.It’s too expensive for me. I can’t _______ it.
A.cost                B. pay              C. spend           D.afford
96.Mary speaks as _______ as her sister.
A.clear               B. clearly          C. more clear           D.more clearly
97. Donot make the same mistake _______ I did.
A.which              B. that                 C. like                 D.as
98.They had succeeded _______ the task in time.
A. atcompleting    B. to complete      C. in completing          D. complete
99.Last year Mike earned _______ his brother, who has a lower position.
A.twice as many as                       B. twiceas much as
C.twice than                           D. twice as more as
100. Hewaited and waited and at last a gentleman _______ came forward.
A.dressing the black suit                            B. wears a blacksuit
C. in ablack suit                                   D. with the black suit
101. —Could I borrow your car for a few days?
  —         .
A. Yes,you may borrow.                                                B.Yes, go on.
C. Sure,here your are. Enjoy your journey.                     D.It doesn’t matter.
102. —Thank you for inviting me.
  —         .
A.Ireally had a happy time.                                     B.Oh, it’ s too late.
C.Thank you for coming.                                              D.Oh, so slowly?
103. —Why didn’t you come to my birthday party yesterday?
— ______________________.
A.Well, my friend sent me a flower.                        B.Fine, I never go to birthday parties.
C. Ha…ha, I don’t like birthday parties.                  D.Sorry, but my wife had a car accident.
104. —What can I do for you?
—_________________.
A. Iwant a kilo of pears.           B. You can do it in your own way.
C.Thanks.                  D. Excuse me. I’m busy.
105. —Thank you for inviting me. I had a good time.
—____________________.
A. Ireally had a happy time.                            B.Oh, it’s too late.
C.Thank you for coming.                        D.Oh, so slowly?
106. —This box is too heavy for me to carry upstairs.
—_______________.
A. Youmay ask for help.           B. Let me give you a hand.
C.Please do me a favor.            D. I’d come to help.
107. —We are going to have a singing party tonight. Would you like to join us?
—___________________________.
A.    I’m afraid not, because I have an importantmeeting.
B.    Of course not. I have no idea.
C.    No, I would not like it.
D.   It’s all set.
108. —How are you, Bob?
—                     Ted.
A. Howare you?                                    B. I’m fine. Thank you.
C. Howdo you do?                                  D. Nice to see you.   
109. —Thanks for your help.
  — __________.                     
A. Mypleasure.                   B. Never mind.                    C. Quite right.              D. Don’t thank me.
110. —Hello, I'm Harry Potter.
— Hello, my name is Charles Green, but                     .
A. callmy Charles        B. call me at                C. call me Charles         D. call Charles
111. The manager will not            us to use his car.
A.have                 B. let                         C. agree              D.allow
112.            her and then try to copy what shedoes.
A.Mind                        B. See                      C. Stare at                   D.Watch
113. Will you            me a favor, please?
A.do                           B. make             C. bring               D.give
114.It's bad            for you to smoke inthe public places where smoking is not allowed.
A.behavior                      B. action                     C.manner            D. movement
115. — It's a good idea. But who's going to            the plan?
— Ithink John and Peter will.
A.carry out                     B. get through                C. take in             D.set aside
116. It is said that              boys in your school like playingfootball in their spare time, though others prefer basketball.
A.quite a lot            B. quite a few                    C. quite a bit                     D. quite a little
117. —What’s his mother like?
—             .
A.She's very happy                         B.She's at home
C. Shelikes watching TV                   D. She's tall and thin
118. The new order means              overtime.
A.works                      B. worked                           C. to work                          D. working
119. She has two best friends.              of them is in the country.
A. All                            B. Both                             C. No one                         D. Neither
120. Iwas giving a talk to a large group of people, the same talk I              to half a dozen other groupsbefore.
A. wasgiving                B. am giving                        C. had given                        D. have given
121. Two thousand dollars            enough for the car.
A.being                              B. were                               C. are                                 D. is
122. They have learned about            in recent years.
A.several hundreds English words                                  B.hundreds of English words
C.hundred of English words                                    D.several hundred English words
123. With his work completed, the manager steppedback to his seat, feeling pleased
       _______ he was a man of action.
A.which                      B. that                                C. what                               D. whether
124. —            ?
   — She's our history teacher.
A.What's she                                                         B.Where does the woman work
C. Whois she                                                         D.How is the woman
125. Today's weather is            worse than yesterday's.
A. very                               B. much                              C. very much               D. much too
二、阅读题和完形填空
Passage
Sixteen-year-oldMaria was waiting in line at the airport in Santo Domingo. She was leaving hernative country to join her sister in the United States. She spoke English verywell. Though she was very happy she could go abroad, she was feeling sad atleaving her family and friends. As she was thinking all about this, shesuddenly heard the airline em¬ployee asking her to pick up her luggage and putit on the scales ().Maria pulled and pulled. The bag was too heavy and she just couldn't lift itup. The man behind her got very impatient. He, too, was waiting to check in hisluggage.
"What'swrong with this girl?" He said, "Why doesn't she hurry up?" Hemoved for¬ward and placed his bag on the counter, hoping to check in first. Hewas in a hurry to get a good seat.
Mariawas very angry, but she was very polite. And in her best English she said,"Why are you so upset? There are enough seats for everyone on the plane.If you are in such a hur¬ry, why can't you give me a hand with myluggage?"
The manwas surprised to hear Maria speak English. He quickly picked up her luggage andstepped back. Everyone was looking at him with disapproval.  (224 words)
126. Maria's story happened              .
A. whenshe was leaving America                  B. on her way back to SantoDomingo
C.before she left the USA                               D. when she arrived at theairport
127. You believe that the work of the airlineemployee mentioned in the story is to
               at the airport.
A. helpcarry people's luggage                     B. ask people to pick up theluggage
C.check people's luggage                      D. take care of people's luggage
128. "Why are you so upset?" Maria said tothe man. She wanted to tell him that he should not be               .
A.surprised                                B.sad                          C. unhappy                         D. sorry
129. "Everyone was looking at him withdisapproval. " This sentence means that the people around felt               .
A.worried about Maria                                           B.worried about the man
C.sorry for Maria's manners                                          D.sorry for the man's manners
130. The author mentioned Maria's age at thebeginning of the story in order to show that               .
A. shewas young but behaved properly
B. shewould not have left home alone
C.everyone around her was wrong
D. itwas not good that nobody offered to help her
Passage
    In the United States, it is not customaryto telephone someone very early in the morn¬ing. If you telephone him early inthe day, while he is shaving or having breakfast, the time of the call showsthat the matter is very important and requires immediate attention. The samemeaning is attached to telephone calls made after 11:00 p. m. If someonereceives a call during sleeping hours, he assumes it's a matter of life ordeath. The time chosen for the call communicates its importance. In sociallife, time plays a very important part. In the U.S.A. guests tend to feel theyare not highly regarded if the invitation to a dinner party is extended onlythree or four days before the party date. But it is not true in all countries.In other areas of the world, it may be considered foolish to make anappointment too far in ad¬vance because plans which are made for a date morethan a week away tend to be forgotten. The meaning of time differs in differentparts of the world. Thus, misunderstandings arise between people from differentcultures that treat time differently. Promptness is valued high¬ly in Americanlife, for example. If people are not prompt, they may be regarded as impoliteor not fully responsible. In the U.S. no one would think of keeping a businessassociate waiting for an hour, it would be too impolite. A person who is 5minutes late, will say a few words of explanation, though perhaps he will notcomplete the sentence.  (260 words)
131. What is the main idea of this passage?
A. Itis not customary to telephone someone in the morning and in sleeping hours inthe U.S.
B. Therole of time in social life over the world.
C. Ifpeople are not prompt, they may be regarded as impolite or not fullyresponsible in the U.S.
D. Notevery country treats the concept of time as the same.
132. What does it mean in the passage if you callsomeone during his or her sleeping hours?
A. Amatter of work.
B. Amatter of life or death.
C. Youwant to see him or her.
D. Youwant to make an appointment with him or her.
133. Which of the following time is proper if youwant to make an appointment with your friend?
A. at7:00 am.     B. at 4:00 pm.    C. at the midnight.    D. at 4:00 am.
134. Which of the following statements is trueaccording to the passage?
A. Inthe U.S.A. guests tend to feel they are highly regarded if the invitation to adin¬ner party is extended only three or four days before the party date.
B.There is no misunderstanding arising between people from different culturesabout the concept of time.
C. Itmay be considered foolish to make an appointment well in advance in the U.S.A..
D. Promptnessis valued highly in American life.
135.From the passage we can safely infer that                  .
A. it'sa matter of life or death if you call someone in day time.
B. themeaning of time differs in different parts of the world.
C. itmakes no difference in the U.S. whether you are early or late for a businessparty.
D. if aperson is late for a date, he needn't make some explanation.
Passage
Thegreatest recent changes have been in the lives of women. During the twentiethcentury there was an unusual shortening of the time of a woman’s life spent incaring for children. A woman who got married at the end of the 19th centurywould probably have been in her middle twenties, and would be likely to haveseven or eight children, of whom four or five lived till they were five yearsold. By the time the youngest was fifteen, the mother would have been in herearly fifties and would expect to live a further twenty years, during whichcustom, chance and health made it unusual for her to get paid work. Today womenget married at a younger age and have fewer children. Usually a woman’syoungest child will be fifteen when she is forty-five and is likely to takepaid work until retirement at sixty. Even while she has the care of children,her work is lightened by household appliances(家用电器)and convenience foods.
Thisimportant change in women’s way of life has only recently begun to have itsfull effect on women’s economic position. Even a few years ago most girls leftschool at the first opportunity and most of them took a full-time job. However,when they got married, they usually left work at once and never returned to it.Today the school-leaving age is sixteen, many girls stay at school after thatage, and though women tend to get married young, more married women stay atwork at least until shortly before their first child is born. Many more returnafterwards to a full-time or part-time job. Such changes have led to a newrelationship in marriage, with both husband and wife accepting a greater shareof the duties and satisfaction of family life, and with both husband and wifesharing more equally in providing the money and running the home, according tothe abilities and interest of each of them.
136. Weare told that in an average family about 1890________.
A. manychildren died before they were five
B. theyoungest child would be fifteen years younger than the oldest
C.seven of eight children lived to be more than five
D. thechild death rate was rather high
137.When she was over fifty, the late 19th century mother________.
A.would expect to work until she died
B. wasusually expected to take up paid employment
C.would be healthy enough to take up paid employment
D. wasunlikely to find a job even if she is now likely
138.Many girls, the passage says, are now likely to ________.
A. getmarried so that they can get a job
B.leave school as soon as they can
C. giveup their jobs for good after they are married
D.continue working until they are going to have a baby
139.According to the passage, it is now quite usual for women to ________.
A. stayat home after leaving school
B.marry men younger than themselves
C.start working again later in life
D. getmarried while still at school
140.The best title for this passage is ______________.
A.Great Changes in Women’s Life                          B.19th-Century Family
C.Modern Girls’ Choice                                                D.Equal Duties in Family Life
There were oncethree sons of a wealthy businessman.  141 they met, the two el­dest, who weretwins,  142  to quarrel about which of them should behis father's heir (继承人) . The youngest, whowas not  143 ambitious (野心勃勃的),took no part in their argument. As soon as they left home, the father arrangedfor an adequate income to be provided for 144   of them, but insisted that apart from thisthey were to be financially self-supporting. The 145 twin, who had the advantage of goodlooks and a striking per­sonality, decided that he would take up the stage 146 a career. He 147 a small reper­tory company, acted in minor parts, was alwaysunpunctual (不准时) at rehearsals and wasaccordingly 148 with hisfellow-actors. He earned little and so had to live mainly on his allowance. Heoccasionally thought of  149 hisprofession, but always put off 150  a decision, and he became increasingly boredand disillusioned.

A.

whatever

B.

whenever

C.

wherever

D.

however

A.

are  used

B.

Used

C.

using

D.

are  using

A.

at  least

B.

at  most

C.

in  the least

D.

in  the most

A.

every

B.

All

C.

each

D.

none

A.

first

B.

older

C.

younger

D.

elder

A.

is

B.

as

C.

be

D.

/

A.

B.

attended

C.

went

D.

joined  in

A.

popular

B.

unpopular

C.

welcome

D.

unwelcome

A.

living

B.

turning

C.

ending

D.

changing

A.

making

B.

make

C.

decide

D.

deciding

Passage
Sixteen-year-oldMaria was waiting in line at the airport in Santo Domingo. She was leaving hernative country to join her sister in the United States. She spoke English verywell. Though she was very happy she could go abroad, she was feeling sad atleaving her family and friends. As she was thinking all about this, shesuddenly heard the airline em¬ployee asking her to pick up her luggage and putit on the scales ().Maria pulled and pulled. The bag was too heavy and she just couldn't lift itup. The man behind her got very impatient. He, too, was waiting to check in hisluggage.
"What'swrong with this girl?" He said, "Why doesn't she hurry up?" Hemoved for¬ward and placed his bag on the counter, hoping to check in first. Hewas in a hurry to get a good seat.
Mariawas very angry, but she was very polite. And in her best English she said,"Why are you so upset? There are enough seats for everyone on the plane.If you are in such a hur¬ry, why can't you give me a hand with myluggage?"
The manwas surprised to hear Maria speak English. He quickly picked up her luggage andstepped back. Everyone was looking at him with disapproval.  (224 words)
151. Maria's story happened              .
A. whenshe was leaving America                  B. on her way back to SantoDomingo
C.before she left the USA                               D. when she arrived at theairport
152. You believe that the work of the airlineemployee mentioned in the story is to
               at the airport.
A. helpcarry people's luggage                     B. ask people to pick up theluggage
C.check people's luggage                      D. take care of people's luggage
153. "Why are you so upset?" Maria said tothe man. She wanted to tell him that he should not be               .
A.surprised                                B.sad                          C. unhappy                         D. sorry
154. "Everyone was looking at him withdisapproval. " This sentence means that the people around felt               .
A.worried about Maria                                           B.worried about the man
C.sorry for Maria's manners                                          D.sorry for the man's manners
155. The author mentioned Maria's age at the beginningof the story in order to show that              .
A. shewas young but behaved properly
B. shewould not have left home alone
C.everyone around her was wrong
D. itwas not good that nobody offered to help her
Passage2
    In the United States, it is not customaryto telephone someone very early in the morn¬ing. If you telephone him early inthe day, while he is shaving or having breakfast, the time of the call showsthat the matter is very important and requires immediate attention. The samemeaning is attached to telephone calls made after 11:00 p. m. If someonereceives a call during sleeping hours, he assumes it's a matter of life ordeath. The time chosen for the call communicates its importance. In sociallife, time plays a very important part. In the U.S.A. guests tend to feel theyare not highly regarded if the invitation to a dinner party is extended onlythree or four days before the party date. But it is not true in all countries.In other areas of the world, it may be considered foolish to make anappointment too far in ad¬vance because plans which are made for a date morethan a week away tend to be forgotten. The meaning of time differs in differentparts of the world. Thus, misunderstandings arise between people from differentcultures that treat time differently. Promptness is valued high¬ly in Americanlife, for example. If people are not prompt, they may be regarded as impoliteor not fully responsible. In the U.S. no one would think of keeping a businessassociate waiting for an hour, it would be too impolite. A person who is 5minutes late, will say a few words of explanation, though perhaps he will notcomplete the sentence.  (260 words)
156. What is the main idea of this passage?
A. Itis not customary to telephone someone in the morning and in sleeping hours inthe U.S.
B. Therole of time in social life over the world.
C. Ifpeople are not prompt, they may be regarded as impolite or not fullyresponsible in the U.S.
D. Notevery country treats the concept of time as the same.
157. What does it mean in the passage if you callsomeone during his or her sleeping hours?
A. Amatter of work.
B. Amatter of life or death.
C. Youwant to see him or her.
D. Youwant to make an appointment with him or her.
158. Which of the following time is proper if youwant to make an appointment with your friend?
A. at7:00 am.     B. at 4:00 pm.    C. at the midnight.    D. at 4:00 am.
159. Which of the following statements is trueaccording to the passage?
A. Inthe U.S.A. guests tend to feel they are highly regarded if the invitation to adin¬ner party is extended only three or four days before the party date.
B.There is no misunderstanding arising between people from different culturesabout the concept of time.
C. Itmay be considered foolish to make an appointment well in advance in the U.S.A..
D.Promptness is valued highly in American life.
160.From the passage we can safely infer that                  .
A. it'sa matter of life or death if you call someone in day time.
B. themeaning of time differs in different parts of the world.
C. itmakes no difference in the U.S. whether you are early or late for a businessparty.
D. if aperson is late for a date, he needn't make some explanation.
Passage3
Thegreatest recent changes have been in the lives of women. During the twentiethcentury there was an unusual shortening of the time of a woman’s life spent incaring for children. A woman who got married at the end of the 19th centurywould probably have been in her middle twenties, and would be likely to haveseven or eight children, of whom four or five lived till they were five yearsold. By the time the youngest was fifteen, the mother would have been in herearly fifties and would expect to live a further twenty years, during whichcustom, chance and health made it unusual for her to get paid work. Today womenget married at a younger age and have fewer children. Usually a woman’syoungest child will be fifteen when she is forty-five and is likely to takepaid work until retirement at sixty. Even while she has the care of children,her work is lightened by household appliances(家用电器)and convenience foods.
Thisimportant change in women’s way of life has only recently begun to have itsfull effect on women’s economic position. Even a few years ago most girls leftschool at the first opportunity and most of them took a full-time job. However,when they got married, they usually left work at once and never returned to it.Today the school-leaving age is sixteen, many girls stay at school after thatage, and though women tend to get married young, more married women stay atwork at least until shortly before their first child is born. Many more returnafterwards to a full-time or part-time job. Such changes have led to a newrelationship in marriage, with both husband and wife accepting a greater shareof the duties and satisfaction of family life, and with both husband and wifesharing more equally in providing the money and running the home, according tothe abilities and interest of each of them.
161. Weare told that in an average family about 1890________.
A. manychildren died before they were five
B. theyoungest child would be fifteen years younger than the oldest
C.seven of eight children lived to be more than five
D. thechild death rate was rather high
162.When she was over fifty, the late 19th century mother________.
A.would expect to work until she died
B. wasusually expected to take up paid employment
C.would be healthy enough to take up paid employment
D. wasunlikely to find a job even if she is now likely
163.Many girls, the passage says, are now likely to ________.
A. getmarried so that they can get a job
B.leave school as soon as they can
C. giveup their jobs for good after they are married
D.continue working until they are going to have a baby
164According to the passage, it is now quite usual for women to ________.
A. stayat home after leaving school
B.marry men younger than themselves
C.start working again later in life
D. getmarried while still at school
165.The best title for this passage is ______________.
A.Great Changes in Women’s Life                          B.19th-Century Family
C.Modern Girls’ Choice                                                D.Equal Duties in Family Life
There were oncethree sons of a wealthy businessman.  166 they met, the two el­dest, who weretwins,  167  to quarrel about which of them should behis father's heir (继承人) . The youngest, whowas not  168 ambitious (野心勃勃的),took no part in their argument. As soon as they left home, the father arrangedfor an adequate income to be provided for 169   of them, but insisted that apart from thisthey were to be financially self-supporting. The 170 twin, who had the advantage of goodlooks and a striking per­sonality, decided that he would take up the stage 171 a career. He 172 a small reper­tory company, acted in minor parts, was alwaysunpunctual (不准时) at rehearsals and wasaccordingly 173 with hisfellow-actors. He earned little and so had to live mainly on his allowance. Heoccasionally thought of  174 hisprofession, but always put off 175  a decision, and he became increasingly boredand disillusioned.

A.

whatever

B.

whenever

C.

wherever

D.

however

A.

are  used

B.

Used

C.

using

D.

are  using

A.

at  least

B.

at  most

C.

in  the least

D.

in  the most

A.

every

B.

All

C.

each

D.

none

A.

first

B.

older

C.

younger

D.

elder

A.

is

B.

as

C.

be

D.

/

A.

B.

attended

C.

went

D.

joined  in

A.

popular

B.

unpopular

C.

welcome

D.

unwelcome

A.

living

B.

turning

C.

ending

D.

changing

A.

making

B.

make

C.

decide

D.

deciding

Passage
Thereare three kinds of goals: short-term, medium-range and long-term goals.
Short-termgoals are those that usually deal with current activities, which we can applyon a daily basis. Such goals can be achieved in a week or less, or two weeks,or possibly, months. It should be remembered that just as a building is nostronger than its foundation, long-term goals cannot amount to very muchwithout the achievement of solid short-term goals. Upon completing ourshort-term goals, we should date the occasion and then add new short-term goalsthat will build on those that have been completed.
Theintermediate goals build on the foundation of the short-term goals. They mightdeal with just one term of school or the entire school year, or they could evenextend for several years. Any time you move a step at a time, you should neverallow yourself to become dis¬couraged or overwhelmed. As you complete eachstep, you will enforce the belief in your ability to grow and succeed. And asyour list of completion dates grow, your motivation and desire will increase.
Long-termgoals may be related to our dreams of the future. They might cover five yearsor more. Life is not a static thing. We should never allow a long-term goal tolimit us or our course of action.  (221words)
176.Our long-term goals mean a lot                .
A. ifwe cannot reach solid short-term goals                     B.if we complete the short-term goals
C. ifwe have dreams of the future                                  D.if we put forward some plans
177. New short-term goals are built upon               .
A. a dailybasis                                                              B.your achievement in a week
C.current activities                                                        D.the goals that have been completed
178. When we complete each step of our goals ,                   .
A. wewill win final success
B. weare overwhelmed
C. weshould build up confidence of success
D. weshould have strong desire for setting new goals
179. What is the main idea of this passage?
A. Lifeis a dynamic thing.                                              B.we should set up long-term goals.
C.Different kinds of goals in life.                             D.The limitation of long-term goals.
180. Which of the following statements is wrongaccording to the passage?
A. Thelong-term goals cannot amount to very much without the achievement of solidshort-term goals.
B. Theintermediate goals build on the foundation of the short-term goals.
C. Lifeis a static thing, thus we should never allow a long-term goal to limit us orour course of action.
D. Weshould often add new short-term goals to those which have been completed.
Passage
Britainand France are separated by the English Channel, a body of water that can becrossed in as few as 20 minutes. But the cultures of the two countriessometimes seem to be miles apart.
LastThursday Britain and France celebrated the 100th anniversary (周年纪念) ofthe signing of a friendship agreement called the Entente Cordiality. Theagreement marked a new beginning for the countries following centuries of warsand love-hate partnership.
Buttheir relationship has been ups and downs over the past century. Just lastyear, there were fierce disagreements over the Iraq war—which British PrimeMinister Tony Blair supported despite French President Jacques Chirac speakingout against it. This discomfort is expressed in Blair and Chirac's bodylanguage at international meetings. While the French leader often greets GermanChancellor Gerhard Schroeder with a hug (拥抱), Blair just re¬ceives a handshake.However, some political experts say the war in Iraq could in fact have helpedties.
Thehistory of divisions may well be because of the very different ways in which thetwo sides see the world. But this doesn't stop 12 million Britons takingholidays in France each year. However, only 3 million French come in theopposite direction. Surveys (调查) show that most French people feelcloser to the Germans than they do to the British. And the re¬search carriedout in Britain has found that only a third of the population believes theFrench can be trusted. Perhaps this bad feeling comes because the Britishdislike France's close rela¬tionship with Germany, or because the French arenot happy with Britain's close links with the US.
Whateverthe answer is, as both sides celebrate 100 years of "doubtfulfriendship" , they are at least able to make jokes about each other.Here's one: What's the best thing about Britain's relationship with France? TheEnglish Channel. (320 words)
181.For centuries, the relationship between Britain and France is           .
A.friendly                                  B.impolite
C.brotherly                                D.a mixture of love and hate
182. The war in Iraq does            to the relationship between Franceand Britain.
A. good                               B. harm
C.neither good nor harm                                  D.both good and harm
183. The British are not so friendly to            and the French are not so friendlyto           .
A.Germany; America                                         B. America; Germany
C.Germany; Germany                                        D. America; America
184.            are more interested in havingholidays in           .
A.American people… Britain                                         B.British people… Germany
C.French people… Britain                                             D.British people… France
185. Whatdoes the last sentence mean?
A. Aslong as the English Channel exists, no further disagreement will form betweenFrance and Britain.
B. TheEnglish Channel can prevent anything unfriendly happening in both France andBritain.
C.France and Britain are near neighbors, and this will help balance therelationship between them.
D. TheEnglish Channel is the largest enemy between France and Britain.
Passage

AwimAway  Thailand & Cambodia

Tour Reference
Seasons
January – December
Tour Length
9 days
Destinations
Cambodia, Thailand
Activities
Cultural Exploration
Tour Operator
AwimAway
Start Price
£1449.00                                       
* Price per person (Half price for  U-15s, Free for U-7s)

* Land cost only - International  airfare not included.

Ratings

Difficulty

Comfort

Exclusivity

BriefOverview:                                             
Thailandis a rush for your senses: a bustling, exotic(异国情调的), and vivid culture that never ceasesto amaze visitors. On this cultural tour, you’ll visit Thailand’s gildedtemples, one more gorgeous than the next, in the cities of Bangkok, Ayutthaya,and Chiang Mai. Other highlights include a cruise through Bangkok’s canals, avisit to a rural hill tribe village, riding elephants through the jungle andexciting shopping opportunities in Chiang Mai’s famous night bazaar.
Continueto Cambodia, where you’ll visit the bustling capital of Phnom Penh. Tour theRoyal Palace with its dazzling Silver Pagoda. Then it’s on to Angkor Wat, whereyou have two days to explore the spectacular carved stone temples of this WorldHeritage site.
Featuresof this trip:
Exclusivetour, guided privately by a multilingual guide throughout the trip.
Customizeyour own itinerary(路线)tocreate a holiday of your dream.
Designedfor 4 to 5 star luxury accommodation and services. Hotels can be changed tolower budget.
Departand return whenever you choose – shorten or lengthen the tour to suit yourwishes.
Outstandingvalue, costing you 25-30% less than similar guided tours of the sameflexibility and quality.
Groupdiscounts are available. Call 020 7430 1766
NOTErices shown are effective as of date of publication of web page, and aresubject to changes due to currency fluctuations, changes in availability,seasonal increases or variations in local costing at the time of booking.                                 
186.This ad is most probably made for ______.
A. aprivate guide              B.a travel agency             C. acountry            D. a hotel
187. Inwhich of the following cities can a visitor shop in a night bazaar?
A.Bangkok.                  B. Phnom Penh.              C. Chiang Mai.       D. Ayutthaya.
188.Which of the following activities shouldn’t a visitor do in Cambodia?
   A. Visiting the capital.                                                      B.Touring the royal palace.
C.Riding elephants.                                                              D.Traveling to a world heritage.
189.Which of the following statements is true?
A. Pitythis cultural tour is limited to only 10 days.
B.Start prices cover all the fees including accommodation, services and flight.
C.Anyone who wants to get a discount may call 020 7430 1766.
D. Thistour is said to be fairly easy and comfortable.
190.Start prices are influenced by the following EXPECT _______.
A. thelocal living conditions                           B.currency fluctuations   
C.changes in availability                                       D.variations in local costing
Scientistshave learned a lot about the kinds of food people __191__. They say that thereare several kinds of food that people should eat __192__, they are: (1) greenand yellow vegetables of all kinds; (2) citrus (柑桔) fruits and tomatoes; (3) potatoes andother fruits and vegetables; (4) meat of all kinds, fish and eggs; (5) milk andfoods made from milk; (6) bread or cereal (谷类), rice is also in this kind of food;(7) butter, or something __193__ butter.
Peoplein different countries and different areas of the world eat different kinds ofthings. Foods are prepared, cooked and eaten in many different ways. In someplaces people eat once or twice a day; in other countries people eat three or fourtimes a day. Scientists say that __194__ of these differences is reallyimportant. It doesn’t matter whether foods are eaten __195__ or cooked, cannedor frozen. It doesn’t matter if a person eats dinner at 4 o’clock in theafternoon or at eleven o'clock at night. The important thing is __196__ everyday a person should eat something from each of the seven kinds of food.
Thereare two problems, then, in feeding __197__ of people on earth. The first is tofind some way to feed the world population __198__ no one is hungry. The secondis to __199__ that people everywhere have the right kinds of food to make them__200__ to be strong and healthy.
191. A.need                               B. want                               C. must                        D. wish
192. A.everyday                        B. everyday                       C. someday                 D. some day
193. A.alike                               B.like                                 C.likely                       D. likewise
194. A.some                              B. any                                C. none                        D. a few
195. A.natural                            B.rough                      C. made                       D. raw
196. A.it                                    B.that                                C.what                        D. if
197. A.a large number                B. a largeamount         C. the large number      D. the large amount
198. A.so much                         B. so asto                           C. so that                     D. so far as
199. A.make for                        B. makeout                        C. make with         D. make sure
200. A.to grow                          B. grow                              C. growing                   D. grown
Passage
TheFrench Revolution broke out in 1789. At the time France was in a crisis. Thegovernment was badly run and people's lives were miserable. King Louis XIVtried to control the national parliament and raise more taxes. But his effortfailed. He ordered his troops to Versailles. The people thought that Louisintended to put down the Revolution by force. On July 14, 1789, they stormedand took the Bastille, where political prisoners were kept. Ever since thatday, July 14 has been the French National Day. Louis tried to flee the countryin 1792 to get support from Austria and Prussia. However, he was caught and putin prison. In September 1792, the monarchy was abolished. In the same year,Louis was executed. A few months later his wife, Marie also had her head cutoff. The Revolution of France had frightened the other kings of Europe. Armiesfrom Austria and Prussia began to march against France. The French raisedrepublican armies to defend the nation. The Revolution went through a period ofterror. Thousands of people lost their lives. In the end, power passed toNapoleon Bonaparte.  (190 words)
201.What's this passage about?
A.France.                    B. King Louis.
C. TheFrench Revolution.   D. Europe.
202.Which did not happen in 1789?
A. TheFrench Revolution broke out.
B. Thenational economy was developing rapidly.
C. Thegovernment wasn't well run.
D. KingLouis XIV was in power.
203.Where were the political prisoners kept?
A. InVersailles.        B. In Austria.      C. In Prussia.      D.In Bastille.
204.What does the underlined word "abolished" mean?
A. Putoff.              B. Established.
C.United.               D. Ended.
205.What was NOT the effect of the Revolution?
A. July14 has become the French National Day.
B. Itbrought some impact on the other European kings.
C.Louis's wife, Marie was killed.
D. The kingtried to control the national parliament.
Passage2
Aforeigner's first impression of the U.S. is likely to be that everyone is in arush-often under pressure. City people appear always to be hurrying to getwhere they are going rest¬lessly, seeking attention in a store, and elbowingothers as they try to complete their errands(任务). Racing through daytime meals is partof the pace of life in this country.
Workingtime is considered precious. Others in public eating places are waiting for youto finish so that they too can be served and get back to work within the timeallowed. Each person hurries to make room for the next person. If you don't,waiters will hurry you.
Youalso find drivers will be abrupt and that people will push past you. You willmiss smiles, brief conversations, and small courtesies with strangers. Don'ttake it personally. This is because people value time highly, and they resentsomeone else "wasting" it beyond a certain courtesy point.
Theview of time affects the importance we attach to patience. In the Americansystem of values, patience is not a high priority. Many of us have what mightbe called " a short fuse." We begin to move restlessly about if wefeel time is slipping away without some return, be this in terms of pleasure,work value, or rest. Those coming from lands where time is looked upondifferently may find this matter of pace to be one of their most difficultadjust¬ments in both business and daily life.
Manynewcomers to the States will miss the opening courtesy of a business call, forex¬ample, they will miss the ritual socializing that goes with a welcoming cupof tea or coffee that may be traditional in their own country. They may missleisurely business chats in a cafe or coffeehouse. Normally, Americans do not assesstheir visitors in such relaxed sur¬roundings over prolonged small talks. Weseek out evidence of past performance rather than evaluate a business colleaguethrough social courtesies. Since we generally assess and probe professionallyrather than socially, we start talking business very quickly.  (349 words)
206.Which of the following statements is wrong?
A.Americans seem to be always under pressure.
B.Americans attach less importance to patience.
C.Americans don't care much about ritual socializing.
D.Americans are impolite to their business colleagues.
207. Inthe fourth paragraph, "a high priority" means              .
A. aless important thing                 B. a first concern
C. agood business              D. an attractive gift
208.Americans evaluate a business colleague              .
A.through social courtesy
B.through prolonged business talks
C. byestablishing business relations
D. bylearning about their past performance
209. This passage mainly talks about              .
A. howAmericans treasure their time
B. howbusy Americans are every day
C. howAmericans do business with foreigners
D. whatAmerican way of life is like
210. Wecan infer from the passage that the author's tone in writing is              .
A.critical             B. ironical        C. appreciative       D.objective
Passage
Laws have been written to govern the use ofAmerican National Flag, and to ensure proper respect for the flag. Custom hasalso governed the common practice in regard to its use. All the armed serviceshave precise regulations on how to display the national flag. This may varysomewhat from the general rules. The national flag should be raised and loweredby hand. Do not raise the flag while it is folded. Unfold the flag first, andthen hoist it quickly to the top of the flagpole. Lower it slowly and withdignity. Place no objects on or over the flag. Do not use the flag as part of acostume or athletic uniform. Do not print it upon cush¬ions, handkerchiefs,paper napkins or boxes. A federal law provides that the trademark can¬not beregistered if it comprises the flag, or badges of the US. When the flag is usedto un¬veil a statue or monument, it shouldn't serve as a covering of the objectto be unveiled. If it is displayed on such occasions, do not allow the flag tofall to the ground, but let it be carried high up in the air to form a featureof the ceremony. Take every precaution to prevent the flag from soiled. Itshould not be allowed to touch the ground or floor, nor to brush againstobjects.  (227 words)
211. How do Americans ensure proper respect for thenational flag?
A. Bymaking laws.                   B. By enforcing discipline.
C. Byeducating the public.        D. By holding ceremonies.
212. What is the regulation regarding the raising ofthe American National Flag?
A. Itshould be raised by soldiers.
B. Itshould be raised quickly by hand.
C. Itshould be raised only by Americans.
D. Itshould be raised by mechanical means.
213. How should the American National Flag bedisplayed at an unveiling ceremony?
A. Itshould be attached to the status.
B. Itshould be hung from the top of the monument.
C. Itshould be spread over the object to be unveiled.
D. Itshould be carried high up in the air.
214. What do we learn about the use of the AmericanNational Flag?
A.There has been a lot of controversy over the use of flag.
B. Thebest athletes can wear uniforms with the design of the flag.
C.There are precise regulations and customs to be followed.
D.Americans can print the flag on their cushions or handkerchiefs.
215. What is Americans' attitude towards theirNational Flag?
A.Arbitrary.                 B. Respect.
C.Happy.                    D. Brave.
Ahealth profile is a portrait of all of the factors that influence your health.To draw your health profile, you will _____216____ what diseases run in yourfamily, what health hazards(危险)you may be exposed to at work, how yourdaily ____217____ compares to the recommended standards, how much time per weekyou ____218____ exercising and what type of exercise you engage ___219___, howstressful your work and family environments are, what kinds of illnesses youget regularly, and ____220____ or not you have any one of a number ofaddictions. ____221____ this portrait, you should have a checkup to determinehow your blood, heart, and lungs are functioning. This checkup willserve____222____ a baseline, to which you can then compare later tests.
_____223______this profile is thoroughly drawn, you can begin to think about setting healthpriorities(优先权)basedon your particular portrait. For example, if you drink two martinis(马提尼酒) everyevening, have a high-stress _____224____, are overweight, smoke a pack ofcigarettes a day, and use marijuana occasionally on weekends, you should quitsmoking first, followed _____225_____ losing the excess weight, reducing thestress of your job, giving up your marihuana habit, and then finally givingsome thought to those martinis if you want to prevent first cancer, and thenheart disease.
216. A. know         B. have known    C.need know D. need to know
217. A. diet      B. meals            C. food          D. dinner
218. A. use            B. devote         C. spend           D. take
219. A. on            B. in            C. with             D.about
220. A. if              B. whether        C.either          D. neither
221. A. To complete     B.Completing           C. Completion        D. To be completed
222. A. as            B. for                  C. on              D.about
223. A. Unless        B. Once                C. If             D. Although
224. A. work            B. task               C. job        D.place
225. A. on              B. with         C. after       D.by
Passage
Lawshave been written to govern the use of American National Flag, and to ensureproper respect for the flag. Custom has also governed the common practice inregard to its use. All the armed services have precise regulations on how todisplay the national flag. This may somewhat vary from the general rules. The nationalflag should be raised and lowered by hand. Do not raise the flag while it isfolded. Unfold the flag first, and then hoist it quickly to the top of theflagpole. Lower it slowly and with dignity. Place no objects on or over theflag. Do not use the flag as a costume or as athletic uniform. Do not print iton cushions, handkerchiefs, paper napkins or boxes. A federal law provides thatthe trademark can not be registered if it comprises the flag, or badges of theUS. When the flag is used to unveil a statue or monument, it shouldn’t serve asa covering of the object to be unveiled. If it is displayed on such occasions,do not allow the flag to fall to the ground, but let it be carried high up inthe air to form a feature of the ceremony. Take every precaution to prevent theflag from soiled. It should not be allowed to touch the ground or floor, nor tobrush against objects.
226.How do Americans ensure proper respect for the national flag?
A. Bymaking laws.                                                       B.By enforcing discipline.
C. Byeducating the public.                                      D.By holding ceremonies.
227.What is the regulation regarding the raising of the American National Flag?
A. Itshould be raised by soldiers.                             B.It should be raised quickly by hand.
C. Itshould be raised only by Americans.                 D.It should be raised by mechanical means.
228.How should the American National Flag be displayed at an unveiling ceremony?
A. Itshould be attached to the status.                       
B. Itshould be hung from the top of the monument.
C. Itshould be spread over the object to be unveiled.
D. Itshould be carried high up in the air.  
229.What do we learn about the use of the American National Flag?
A.There has been a lot of controversy over the use of flag.
B. Thebest athletes can wear uniforms with the design of the flag.
C.There are precise regulations and customs to be followed.
D.Americans can print the flag on their cushions or handkerchiefs.
230.How are Americans towards their National Flag?
A.Arbitrary                  B. Respect                                C. Happy                           D. Brave
Passage
Aforeigner's first impression of the U.S. is likely to be that everyone is in arush-often under pressure. City people appear always to be hurrying to getwhere they are going restlessly, seeking attention in a store, and elbowingothers as they try to complete their errands(任务). Racing through daytime meals is partof the pace of life in this country.
Workingtime is considered precious. Others in public eating places are waiting for youto finish so that they too can be served and get back to work within the timeallowed. Each person hurries to make room for the next person. If you don't,waiters will hurry you.
Youalso find drivers will be abrupt and that people will push past you. You willmiss smiles, brief conversations, and small courtesies with strangers. Don'ttake it personally. This is because people value time highly, and they resentsomeone else "wasting" it beyond a certain courtesy point.
Theview of time affects the importance we attach to patience. In the Americansystem of values, patience is not a high priority. Many of us have what mightbe called " a short fuse." We begin to move restlessly about if wefeel time is slipping away without some return, be this in terms of pleasure,work value, or rest. Those coming from lands where time is looked upondifferently may find this matter of pace to be one of their most difficultadjustments in both business and daily life.
Manynewcomers to the States will miss the opening courtesy of a business call, forexample, they will miss the ritual socializing that goes with a welcoming cupof tea or coffee that may be traditional in their own country. They may missleisurely business chats in a cafe or coffeehouse. Normally, Americans do notassess their visitors in such relaxed surroundings over prolonged small talks.We seek out evidence of past performance rather than evaluate a businesscolleague through social courtesies. Since we generally assess and probeprofessionally rather than socially, we start talking business veryquickly.  (349 words)
231.Which of the following statements is wrong?
A.Americans seem to be always under pressure.
B.Americans attach less importance to patience.
C.Americans don't care much about ritual socializing.
D.Americans are impolite to their business colleagues.
232. Inthe fourth paragraph, "a high priority" means              .
A. aless important thing                                   B.a first concern
C. agood business                             D.an attractive gift
233.Americans evaluate a business colleague              .
A.through social courtesy
B.through prolonged business talks
C. byestablishing business relations
D. bylearning about their past performance
234. This passage mainly talks about              .
A. howAmericans treasure their time
B. howbusy Americans are every day
C. howAmericans do business with foreigners
D. whatAmerican way of life is like
235. Wecan infer from the passage that the author's tone in writing is              .
A.critical                                B.ironical                         C.appreciative                         D.objective
Passage
Thereare many famous museums throughout the world where people can enjoy art.Washington, D.C. has the National Gallery of Art; Paris has the Luvre; London,the British Museum. Florida International University (FIU) in Miami also showsart for people to see. And it does so without a building, or even a wall forits drawings and paintings.
FIU hasopened what it says is the first computer art museum in the United States. Youdon’t have to visit the University to see the art. You just need a computerlinked to a telephone.
You cancall the telephone number of a University computer and connect your owncomputer to it. All of the art is stored in the school computer. It is computerart produced electronically (通过电子手段) by artists on their owncomputers. In only a few minutes, your computer can receive and copy all thepictures and drawings.
RobertShostak is director of the new computer museum. He says he starts the museumbecause computer artists had no place to show their works.
Acomputer artist could only record his pictures electronically and send therecords or floppy discs, to others to see on their computers. He could alsoprint his pictures on paper. But to print good pictures on paper, the computerartist needs an expensive laser printer.
RobertShostak says the electronic museum is mostly for art or computer students atschools and universities. Many of the pictures in the museum are made bystudents. Mr. Shostak said the FIU museum would make computer art more fun forcomputer artists because more people can see it. He says artists enjoy theirworks much more if they have an audience. And the great number of homecomputers in America could mean a huge audience for the electronic museum.
236.  The main purpose of this passage is to giveinformation about_____________.
A.famous museums throughout the world
B. anelectronic art museum in Miami, U.S.A.
C. artexhibitions in Florida International University
D. latestdevelopment of computer art
237.  To see the art in FIU museum, your specialneeds include_____________.
A.floppy discs
B. acomputer and a printer
C.pictures and drawings on paper
D. acomputer connected to the museum by a telephone line
238.  What are stored in this museum?
A.Paintings drawn by means of the computer.
B.Different styles of paintings.
C. Oldpaintings.
D.Drawings done by art students of FIU.
239.  The museum was started when___________.
A.Robert Shostak wanted to do something for computer scientists
B.Robert Shostak wanted to help computer artists
C. artstudents needed better places to show their works
D.computer scientists wanted to do something about art
240.The word “audience” in the last paragraph refers to ___________.
A. artstudents                B. computer owners
C.exhibits in the museum             D. those who will enjoy art
Homesicknessis very common among students away from home — even those who had previouslybeen away at overnight camp or traveled far away. There is a difference betweenbeing away from home for 8 weeks and being gone for 8 months. There is also adifference between  241  home for a while (knowing you will be goingback) and leaving  242  (knowing you may never return). Feelinghomesick does not make you less mature or mean you are not ready to be  243  .If you feel homesick, talk to your friends at school about it.  244 they are feeling the same way. 245   family and friends backhome, but make sure you  246   new relationships at school. If yourhomesickness does not  247   and does not seem to be getting better aftera few months at school, speaking with an adviser might help. Also, rememberthat going home for the first visit may be difficult  248  changes in yourself or your family. Old conflicts do not just disappearonce you go to college, and new ones may 249  . Again, if things are toostressful for you  250  handle alone, talk to an adviser.
241. A. abandoning                 B.leaving                 C. being away             D.heading for
242. A. forever                       B.temporarily              C. for a shorttime        D. all the time
243. A. yourself                      B.lonely               C. of your own                 D.on your own
244. A. Most likely                     B.It’s impossible   C. It’s lucky                     D. Make sure
245. A. Keep in touch with   B. Contact with        C. Keep contact in         D. Communicate
246. A.have built                       B.do                         C.formed                           D.develop
247. A.go with                           B. goaway                   C. go over                           D. go through
248. A.thanks to                       B. becauseof        C. because                          D. resulting in
249. A.appear                            B. rise                       C. raise                               D. grow
250. A.too                                B.so                     C.to                                   D.not
答案附件回复课,需要的请自助下载

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
发表于 2018-9-27 13:29:38 | 显示全部楼层
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表