C.It's March.
D.It's Monday.

4.What do you think of this novel?
-- _________
A.I've read it.
B.It's well-written.
C.It was written by my uncle.
D.I bought it yesterday.

5.- Unbelievable! I have failed the driving test again!  
- _______ This is not the end of the world.  
A.Good luck.
B.Cheer up.
C.Go ahead.
D.No problem.

二、阅读理解
    These days, more and more young people wish to be more beautiful, so they turn to plastic surgery(整形手术)for help. They spend thousands of Yuan on these painful surgeries to fix their nose, to change their eyelids(眼皮)or to take off weight from their stomachs.
    In fact, most people are not pleased with the way they look. Even the most beautiful actresses often wish they could change something about their looks. Should we live our whole lives believing we are ugly? Why can't we raise our head high and believe that we are as beautiful as others? A smile is beautiful on any face, whether fat, oily or hairy. And a kind heart is much more beautiful than a pretty look.
    So, let's feel grateful that we all have beautiful and healthy bodies that do not need surgeries! Today, I call on you to make an easy change: Hold your head high! Smile and be kind to others. If you do these, you will be full of confidence, beauty, and warmth everywhere you go.
6.People think they can eat less to make their dreams come true.
A.T
B.F

7.We can feel great if we hold our head up.
A.T
B.F

8.The writer suggests we should believe we are as beautiful as others.
A.T
B.F

9.Young people are more and more interested in plastic surgeries.
A.T
B.F

10.Actresses never worry about their looks.
A.T
B.F

In the United States, it is not customary to telephone someone very early in the morning. If you telephone him early in the day, while he is shaving or having breakfast, the time of the call shows that the matter is very important and requires immediate attention. The same meaning is attached to telephone calls made after 11:00 pm. If someone receives a call during sleeping hours, he assumes it's a matter of life or death. The time chosen for the call communicates its importance.
In social life, time plays a very important part. In the U.S.A. guests tend to feel they are not highly regarded if the invitation to a dinner party is extended only three or four days before the party date. But it is not true in all countries. In other areas of the world, it may be considered foolish to make an appointment too far in advance because plans which are made for a date more than a week away tend to be forgotten. The meaning of time differs in different parts of the world. Thus, misunderstandings arise between people from different cultures that treat time differently. Promptness is valued highly in American life, for example. If people are not prompt, they may be regarded as impolite or not fully responsible. In the U.S. no one would think of keeping a business associate waiting for an hour, it would be too impolite. A person, who is 5 minutes late, will say a few words of explanation, though perhaps he will not complete the sentence.
11.What is the main idea of this passage? ________
A.It is not customary to telephone someone in the morning and in sleeping hours in the U.S.
B.The role of time in social life over the world.
C.If people are late, they may be regarded as impolite or not fully responsible in the U.S.
D.Not every country treats the concept of time as the same.

12.What does it mean in the passage if you call someone during his or her sleeping hours? _______
A.A matter of work.
B.A matter of life or death.
C.You want to see him or her.
D.You want to make an appointment with him or her.

13.Which of the following time is proper if you want to make an appointment with your friend in the U.S. A.?
A.at 7:00 am
B.at 4:00 pm
C.at the midnight
D.at 4 am

14.Which of the following statements is true according to the passage? ________
A.In the U.S.A. guests tend to feel they are highly regarded if the invitation to a dinner party is extended only three or four days before the party date.
B.No misunderstandings arise between people from different cultures about the concept of time.
C.It may be considered foolish to make an appointment well in advance in the U.S.A..
D.Promptness is valued highly in American life.

15.From the passage we can safely infer that _______
A.it’s a matter of life or death if you call someone in day time.
B.the meaning of time differs in different parts of the world.
C.it makes no difference in the U.S. whether you are early or late for a business party.
D.if a person is late for a date, he needn’t make some explanation.

三、词汇与语法
16.That man looks familiar to me. He reminds _______ Dr. Richards.
A.me to
B.me
C.me for
D.me of

17.Every means _______ been tried to solve the difficult problem.
A.have
B.has
C.is
D.are

18.Australia is one of the few countries ____ people drive on the left of the road.
A.which
B.that
C.where
D.on which

19.Neither John ______ his father was able to wake up early enough to catch the morning train.
A.nor
B.or
C.but
D.and

20.____ you know, David has been well lately.
A.Which
B.As
C.What
D.When

四、完型填空
    Once there were three old men. They were rather forgetful. They always forget what they were doing. One of ___21___ said. “I often forget if I should put something in or ___22___something out of the fridge as soon as I open its door.”
    The second old man said, “I always wonder if I have just come upstairs or ___23___when I am standing at the landing.”
    “I am even ___24___ forgetful than both of you.” the third old man knocked at the table and said. Then, he turned to the other two men, “Who ___25___knocked at the table?”
A.gone
B.more
C.them
D.just
E.take
答案:E
A.gone
B.more
C.them
D.just
E.take

A.gone
B.more
C.them
D.just
E.take

A.gone
B.more
C.them
D.just
E.take

A.gone
B.more
C.them
D.just
E.take

五、英译汉
26.In the world, soccer or football is the most popular sport.
答案:足球是一项风靡全世界的体育运动。
27.I saved the baby and became a hero.
答案:我因救了这个婴儿而成了英雄。
28.Some of her pictures were shown in an art exhibition (展览会) in Shanghai when she was 4 years old.
答案:四岁的时候她的一些画就在上海的一个艺术展览会上展出。
29.You needn’t go there anymore. He already knows about it.
答案:你不必去了,他已经知道那件事了。
30.The traffic jams during morning and afternoon rush hours are a headache in big cities now.
答案:上下班高峰期的交通拥挤问题是大城市目前的一个棘手问题。
31.In an age of plenty, we feel spiritually hungry.
答案:在这个物质财富充裕的时代,我们感到精神上的饥渴。
六、写作
32.写作
Instructions:根据下面所给的题纲用英语写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
选择一个你想旅游的地点,并安排旅行计划。你应包括下列内容:
1.说明你想旅游的地点;
2.说明你为什么选择这个地点;
3.描述你的旅行计划。
答案:无

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表