[在线考核] 《大学英语(二)》2020年7月线上传媒网院

[复制链接]
发表于 2020-7-12 16:29:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
《大学英语(二)》2020年7月线上考试
1.[单选题] We need to master this technology immediately, ______ we will fall behind.
    A.but
    B.or   
    C.so   
    D.and
    答:——B——
2.[单选题] — How does your father often go to work?
— He goes to work()  bike.

A.for
    B.with
    C.by
    D.at
    答:——C——
3.[单选题]  It takes a long time to restore nature_______ it is damaged.
    A.since      
    B.unless   
    C.once  
    D.until
    答:——C——
4.[单选题] —Can I fax this paper?
—Sorry, but our fax _____ at the moment, and it won’t be working until around 3 o’clock.

A. is being repaired
    B. is repairing
    C. is repaired
    D. repairs
    答:————
5.[单选题] Your answer is not acceptable, and _____.
    A. so am I       
    B. so I am
    C.neither is mine       
    D. mine is neither
6.[单选题] There   ()     many people in the museums on Sundays.
    A. is
    B. are
    C.am
    D.be
7.[单选题] _____ all my money on the car, I can’t afford a holiday with my friend this summer.
    A.Spending        
    B.Spend
    C.To spend
    D.Having spent
8.[单选题] —What were you doing this time yesterday?
   —I _______ some cleaning at home.

A.am doing
    B.was doing
    C. do
    D.did       
9.[单选题] Helen ran out of the classroom in tears, but no one knew ______ she was so sad.
    A.when
    B.whether   
    C.that        
    D.why
10.[单选题] —_______ you read the words in English?
   —No, I can’t. They are too difficult for me.

A.Must
    B.May
    C.Can
    D.Need
11.[单选题] —What do you think of the film Wolf Totem?
—Very good. The plot is _____ brings tears to my eyes.

A.How           
    B.why
    C.What         
    D.that
12.[单选题]  Drivers are supposed to limit the speed in neighborhoods because children ____ be playing there.
    A.should      
    B.must   
    C.may   
    D.would
13.[单选题]  In ______ hottest reality show Running Man III, Luhan is ______ only new member.
    A. a; 不填       
    B. a; an   
    C.the; the
    D. the; 不填
14.[单选题] Ella _____ at the car crash scene in New York last Sunday; she was travelling with me in Hawaii then.
    A.shouldn’t have appeared
    B.couldn’t have appeared
    C.. wouldn’t have appeared
    D. might not have appeared
15.[单选题]  — How was the party last night?
— I had a great time   ()     I didn’t know anybody there.

A. if
    B.when
    C.as soon as
    D.even though
16.[单选题] Our teacher often tells us _______ our own cloth bags when shopping.
    A.take
    B.taking   
    C. to take  
    D.taken
17.[单选题]  — What do you think of the maths problem?
— It’s very easy and most of us have   ()    .

A.worked it out
    B.taken it out
    C.picked it out
    D.sent it out
18.[单选题] _____ the trip from Alaska to Argentina by bike, Gregg and Brooks worked and saved money for years.
    A. To pay for
    B.Paying for
    C.Paid for
    D.Pay for
19.[单选题]         You could work out the problem easily now if you ______ absent from the physics class last Friday.
    A. weren’t   
    B.hadn’t been
    C. haven’t been       
    D.wouldn’t have been
20.[单选题] My mother always gets up _______ 6 o’clock in the morning.
    A.at           
    B.on           
    C.in            
    D.to
21.[单选题] —_______ are you going to visit the science museum?
   —Next Saturday.

A.When
    B.What        
    C.Where         
    D.How
22.[单选题]  ______ my father doesn’t say a lot in daily life, he gives me much love and affection.
    A.Because      
    B.When   
    C.Although   
    D.If
23.[单选题] When someone turns away his body, it means impatience and a desire ____ a conversation.
    A.to escape   
    B.escaped         
    C. escaping
    D.having escaped
24.[单选题] It was cold outside but the door wouldn’t stay shut, so I put a chair _____ it.
    A. against       
    B.above
    C.behind
    D.near
25.[单选题] . In December of 2015, the Second World Internet Conference was held in Wuzhen, ______ theme    is to ensure peace and security in cyberspace.
    A.whose            
    B.which            
    C.when         
    D.where   
26.[单选题] An exercise method _____ to improve strength and balance is becoming popular in the United States.
    A. designing
    B. designed        
    C. to be designed       
    D.being
27.[单选题] Please give Jim the schedule for tomorrow’s conference when he _____ back. He is to chair the conference.
    A.will come     
    B.is coming
    C. comes  
    D. came
28.[单选题] In order to finish the medical report, the doctor     ()   into night yesterday.
    A.works
    B.worked
    C.work
    D.will work
29.[单选题] Frank, where have you been? We _____ you since 2 o’clock.
    A.have been waiting for       
    B.are waiting for
    C.had waited for
    D.waited for
30.[单选题]  The traffic in Beijing will be better when Subway Line 16 ______ into service.
    A.would be put            
    B. was put          
    C.will be put
    D.is put
31.[完形填空] <FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><B style="idi-font-weight: normal"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">One Bite at a Time</FONT></B></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">Stephen was on campus</FONT>(校园)<FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">to register when I first met him. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">One summer day <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>1 </U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>I was headed over to the administration building, I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Philip, one of my colleagues standing with another young man. As Philip introduced me to the young man, named Stephen, he reminded him that he would be taking one of my <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">    </FONT>2<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U>, <I style="idi-font-style: normal">Introduction to Literature</I>. With a somewhat <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>3<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>expression, Stephen asked if my class was going to be “hard”. Would he be able to pass? I <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>4<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>he was concerned about failing before the opening day of classes. We talked about what the class would <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>5<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>and I saw Stephen’s eyes getting big with <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>6<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U>. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">Then I remembered a bit of classical dialog: </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">Question: “How do you eat an elephant?” </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">Answer: “One bite at a time.” </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">I told him to <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>7<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>his work that way. To do his assignment</FONT>(作业)<FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">, all of them, and to get them in on time. I added that most successful students I knew made a timetable of all the assignment so they could plan their workload. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">As time went on, I learned more of Stephen’s story. He had <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>8<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>in middle school. It had taken him longer to finish than most young people. Family members, including his mother, kept reminding him that he was a failure. Now, in the face of their negative-saying he had been admitted into college. He told me that before coming to our campus no one had believed he had much <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>9<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U>. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">Stephen didn’t become an “A” student. He didn’t make any honor rolls. Still, he managed to pass most of his courses by being in class every day, turning in all of his assignment on time and breaking down his studying into bite-sized digestible parts. By passing course after course he began to gain a measure of self-respect. He was a great singer and he was <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>10<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>the school’s cross-country team. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; idi-font-weight: bold">Every time I saw him on campus, he would brighten up and say, “One bite at a time.” Whenever he introduced me to his friends, he would tell them that he was <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>11<FONT style="pacerun: yes">     </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>when he was supposed to be failing. His <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>12<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U>, he said, was that he was practicing what I taught him before classes ever started: “Take it one bite at a time.” </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
32.[完形填空] <FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 23pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly; har-indent-count: 2.0"><FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">I was in my parked car, holding a book and reading. Once in a while I looked up, watching the people passing by. When I raised my <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>1<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>again, I saw an old lady with a large bag walking slowly towards my car. The bag seemed not only to make her steps <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>2<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U>, but also make her out of breath. She looked tired and I thought she must be more than 70 years old. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 23pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly; har-indent-count: 2.0"><FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">She stopped and put a hand out to rest <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>3<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>it, gently (</FONT>轻柔地,徐缓地<FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">) closed her eyes and took a deep breath. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 23pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly; har-indent-count: 2.0"><FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">Was there a way I could do something? I tried to keep my body still while my mind <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>4<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>for answers. However, because of my careless head movement, she noticed me, and she <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>5 <FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U>moved her hand away from the car. I picked up a bottle of water at once, gently opened the door and offered the bottle to her. She <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>6<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>me, and then shook her head and walked away.<FONT style="ab-count: 1">       </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 23pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly; har-indent-count: 2.0"><FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">I was so <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>7<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>with myself. I should have been more careful not to move. Instead of <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>8<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>a hand, I had interrupted (</FONT>打扰,中断<FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">) the old lady’s <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>9<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>moment of rest. I was feeling blue. Just at that moment, I saw the lady coming back again. I opened the door and patted (</FONT>轻拍<FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">) the <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>10<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>next to me. She sat down, opened her bag and offered me a banana. I took it and offered her the bottle of water again. She took it.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 23pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly; har-indent-count: 2.0"><FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">I ate, she drank and we smiled. She <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>11<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>for a couple of minutes. Those minutes brought such quietness to me. Then she took my head in both her hands, made a small kissing <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT>12<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>in the air, opened the car door and walked away. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 23pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly; har-indent-count: 2.0"><FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">I was trying to help someone in distress (</FONT>困苦,苦恼<FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt">). In turn, I became distressed and she took away my distress and replaced it with quietness.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
33.[完形填空] <FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">When I was in the third grade, I wanted to be just like Mrs. Abshere. She always had a <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>1<FONT style="COLOR: white">5</FONT> </U>for her students. She made us feel both special and wanted. I truly felt that Mrs. Abshere cared about me. Her patience and kindness helped me <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>2 </U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>many hard times.</FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"><FONT style="LETTER-SPACING: 0.1pt; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">One day, after I got home, the police suddenly came and arrested (</FONT><FONT style="LETTER-SPACING: 0.1pt; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">逮捕) my parents. I was</FONT><U><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>3<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></FONT></U><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>to death! I held on to my brother and sister as we were <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>4 <FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>to a children</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">s home. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">As my parents waited for their <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>5<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT></U>, my brother, sister and I waited in the children</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">s home. Soon days turned into weeks. When I was told that they would be in prison for six months, I <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>6  </U></FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">on my bed and cried for hours. I was mad at the world and no longer saw any future for myself. Just at this very moment one of the girls came running up to me. </FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">“</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Hey, there</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">s a lady here to see you. I think it</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">s your mom.</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">”</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Could it be true? </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">When I got to the end of the hallway, there stood Mrs. Abshere! She held her arms out to me. </FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">“</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Honey, I know <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>7<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>is better than your mom, but I love you, too!</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">”</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">I hugged her and <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>8<FONT style="COLOR: white">44 </FONT></U>thanked God for bringing this angel thirty miles out of her way to see me. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">As I <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>9<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>Mrs. Abshere around the grounds, I began to feel <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>10<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>again. I was so excited to show her off to all my new friends. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 16pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Two weeks later, I said good-bye to all my friends and moved across the state to live in another city with my grandparents.</FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 16pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">Sixteen years later, I <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT>11<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>Mrs. Abshere, so that I could tell her how grateful (</FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">感激的) I was. When I found her, we had the most wonderful conversation. I felt so much <U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>12<FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>telling her that I was only a year away from becoming a teacher myself. </FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">“</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Oh! That</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">s great. You can teach students in my room!</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">”</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">So, perhaps I will be returning to Mrs. Abshere</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">s classroom soon, only this time as a peer (</FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">同行) and a very grateful friend. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
34.[完形填空] <FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><B style="idi-font-weight: normal"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">A Deed a Day</FONT></FONT></B></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">It was a busy day as usual. I was making sandwiches and balancing the phone between my shoulder and chin. The washing machine sounded as my husband walked in with our daughters. We had only about twenty minutes to eat before we had to take the girls to their next activity. My husband seemed a bit __1__ that dinner was not on the table. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">That night, I had a heavy heart, thinking we were becoming taskmasters on an assembly line (</FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">流水线). We had become too __2__ in our own tasks and not very considerate towards those around us. We needed to do something to bring back some meaning into our lives. It needed to be something that would __3__ our own agendas and energize us toward the common good.</FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">I bought a notebook, named it </FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">“</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Our Deed Diary</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">”</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">and held a family meeting. I told my family I wanted us all to think about doing a __4__ for others every day. It could be for each other or for people outside our__5__. And we all needed to write it down in the notebook.</FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">I thought one deed a day was too easy. However, it was actually __6__ than it seemed because it had to be something __7__ what we had already done. Sending birthday cards to people we already sent cards to every year would not count.</FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">We had a rough start. On some days, someone would forget to __8__ a good deed, while on other days, we would forget to write our good deeds in the diary. After a few weeks though, I found myself waking up in the morning trying to __9__ what good deed I could do for someone that day. My daughters began to rush to me after school to tell me the good deed they had done.</FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Now, after a year, I am happy to say that it is making a(n) __10__ in our lives. Instead of always __11__ what the day will bring for us, we think about what we can do for someone else. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 24pt; MARGIN: 0cm -14.4pt 0pt 0cm; ine-height-rule: exactly; ara-margin-right: -.9gd"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Who would have thought that trying to do a simple kindness a day would be so rewarding? I feel my daughters have felt inner joy that you can only __12__ by giving to someone else from your heart. The best thing is that you feel so great about doing something for someone else; you don''''t even look for or expect anything in return. So, when someone does return the favor, it is an enormous and positive bonus. <FONT style="pacerun: yes">  </FONT></FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
35.[阅读理解] <FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: -21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 21pt; ine-height-rule: exactly; har-indent-count: -2.0"><FONT style="idi-font-size: 10.5pt; ansi-font-family: 宋体"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT></FONT> </P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; BACKGROUND: white; agination: widow-orphan"><B style="idi-font-weight: normal"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; ont-kerning: 0pt">How to Love Your Parents</FONT></B></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Even if you think that your parents are mean-spirited at times, loving your parents is a normal and fulfilling part of life. You love them for the fact that they created you, raised you, and are in part a source of who you are. Here are some ways to love your parents.<A name=Steps></A></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">____33____ A gentle “good morning” and “I love you” will warm a coldest heart. Remember that they brought you into this world. Without your parents, we might still wander at an unknown corner in an unknown world. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Respect them more and cherish these moments. You can use these moments to learn from them for when you''''re off on your own. It''''s OK to get angry but angry actions don''''t help you or your parents. Act calmly, cool off, journal about your feelings, or talk to a friend. ____34____</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Obey their requests. It will make your attitude better and earn you more respect from them. It may seem like you are going through hell when you don’t get what you want or you have to clean. However, you had better remember they keep a roof over your head when it’s cold, raining, snowing, or too hot. Understand that parents are human beings and make mistakes.____35____ Since you can forgive your friends, why not forgive your parents?</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Keep company with them. Do things with your parents like watching TV, or go somewhere with them. ___36____ Listen to their old stories and learn from them. You will find they are your teachers in this way or another.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Some people simply may not be able to love their parents. There can be realistic reasons for this, family violence for example. Seek help if you are being abused in any way. Parents do not have a right to harm you.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
(1) ____33____ A gentle “good morning” and “I love you” will warm a coldest heart.
A.       Forgiveness is the key.
B.      Tell them you love them every morning.
C.       Parents will in turn express their love to you.
D.       After this, share your feelings with your parents.
E.       Anyway, spend as much time with them as you can.
(2) Act calmly, cool off, journal about your feelings, or talk to a friend. ____34____
A.      . Forgiveness is the key.
B.      Tell them you love them every morning.
C.      . Parents will in turn express their love to you.
D.       After this, share your feelings with your parents.
E.      Anyway, spend as much time with them as you can.
(3) ____35____ Since you can forgive your friends, why not forgive your parents?
A.      . Forgiveness is the key.
B.       Tell them you love them every morning.
C.      Parents will in turn express their love to you.
D.      After this, share your feelings with your parents.
(4)  ___36____ Listen to their old stories and learn from them. You will find they are your teachers in this way or another.
A.      Forgiveness is the key.
B.       Tell them you love them every morning.
C.       Parents will in turn express their love to you.
D.      After this, share your feelings with your parents.
36.[阅读理解] <FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><B style="idi-font-weight: normal"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Lost in the Post</FONT></FONT></B></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"><FONT style="pacerun: yes">    </FONT>How would you feel if the letter you penned carefully and posted to your favorite star ended up in the recycling bin? That''''s where unopened fan mail sent to singer Taylor Swift was found in Nashville. This incident has caused a wide public concern about how the public figures deal with the letters or mails from the fans.</FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Swift</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">s management said it was an accident, but dealing with piles of letters is a burden for most public figures. According to the BBC reporter Jon Kelly, at the height of his fame, Johnny Depp was said to receive up to 10,000 letters a week. ___33___</FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">The dawn of the digital age in which public figures with a Twitter account can be messaged directly has made the proceess easier. </FONT><A name=OLE_LINK1><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">The White House says it deals with 20,000 messages addressed to Presidnt Barack Obama each day. </FONT></A></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Some celebrities don</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">t want letters. In 2008, Beatles drummer Ringo Starr said that he would throw them out because he was too busy. ___34___ Robert Pattinson, star of the Twilight films, claims that he reads tonnes and tonnes of letters from fans, which takes up almost all his free time. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">Many artists, however, outsource(</FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">外包) the task of opening, reading and replying. Sylvia </FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">“</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Spanky</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">”</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">Taylor, 58, has run a service in California that does just that since 1987. ___35___ Most letters are simply declarations of affection and admiration, she says. A few ask for money. A small number contain threats which require her to contact the celebrity</FONT></FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; scii-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK; areast-font-family: 方正书宋_GBK">’</FONT><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 方正书宋_GBK; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">s security team and law enforcement. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">The biggest problem for Taylor is working out how to deal with the correspondence(</FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt">通信). Presents such as soft toys are sent to local hospitals, and most of the letters just get shredded and recycled. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体">___36___ For some, this is enough, according to Lynn Zubernis, an expert at West Chester University. She says that the relationship between fan and celebrity may exist only in the mind of the former but it comes from a deeply-rooted human need for community. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 17pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; ine-height-rule: exactly"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt"><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT></FONT> </P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
(1)  According to the BBC reporter Jon Kelly, at the height of his fame, Johnny Depp was said to receive up to 10,000 letters a week. ___33___
A.      Others do attempt to get through it themselves.
B.      How could he have enough time to skim through these letters one by one?
C.       Typically, correspondence is acknowledged by a photo with a printed “signature”.
D.      Accordingly, the correspondence problem has been difficult for the computer to automate.
E.      She and her staff deal with up to 20,000 items of mail a month on behalf of 26 celebrities.
(2) ___34___ Robert Pattinson, star of the Twilight films, claims that he reads tonnes and tonnes of letters from fans, which takes up almost all his free time.
A.       Others do attempt to get through it themselves.
C.      Typically, correspondence is acknowledged by a photo with a printed “signature”.
D.      Accordingly, the correspondence problem has been difficult for the computer to automate.
E.      She and her staff deal with up to 20,000 items of mail a month on behalf of 26 celebrities.
(3) ___35___ Most letters are simply declarations of affection and admiration, she says. A few ask for money. A small number contain threats which require her to contact the celebrity’s security team and law enforcement.
A.      Others do attempt to get through it themselves.
C.      Typically, correspondence is acknowledged by a photo with a printed “signature”.
(4) ___36___ For some, this is enough, according to Lynn Zubernis, an expert at West Chester University.
A.       Others do attempt to get through it themselves.
37.[阅读理解] <FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><B style="idi-font-weight: normal"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; idi-font-size: 12.0pt">Personalized Exercise </FONT></B></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">As the start of every year, many of us promise ourselves that a certain number of times a week we will go to the gym or attend an exercise class. But finally many of us just struggle to fit exercise into our lives, or start off well and then give up. Why do we have a good plan at the beginning and fail to achieve it in the end? How can we deal with the problem? <U>33</U> </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">It is important to determine your motivation first. Are you mainly interested in de-stressing or in getting fitter?<FONT style="idi-font-weight: bold"></FONT>If your goal is <FONT style="idi-font-weight: bold">relaxation, then ask yourself </FONT>if you want to do it energetically. <U>34<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>If you have a calmer style, you can do something quite different. You could choose solitary exercise, such as walking the dog or doing some gardening. <B style="idi-font-weight: normal"><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT></B><U>35<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></U><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>There are quite a lot of them, such as walking and running groups, dance classes, etc. On your own, you could go horse riding or swimming, or just download fitness exercise programs and do it at home. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><U><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">36<FONT style="pacerun: yes">   </FONT></FONT></U><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT style="pacerun: yes"> </FONT>If you have free time at the weekend, you could book some time with a personal trainer, who can come to your house, or you could meet him at the gym. If your life is not as regular, you could choose the next couple of minutes you have to try an exercise DVD, or put your running shoes on and run for any length of time. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
(1) How can we deal with the problem? 33
A.       The key could be to find the right type of exercise.
B.      If it is fitness you are after, group activities will be suitable.
C.      You’d better create a personalized plan to get you into shape.
D.       In this case, a type of exercise based on boxing may be right for you.
E.       For people who are extremely busy, it is easier to fit exercise into daily lives.
(2)  34    If you have a calmer style, you can do something quite different.
B.       If it is fitness you are after, group activities will be suitable.
C.       You’d better create a personalized plan to get you into shape.
E.       For people who are extremely busy, it is easier to fit exercise into daily lives.
(3)  35    There are quite a lot of them, such as walking and running groups, dance classes, etc.
B.      If it is fitness you are after, group activities will be suitable.
C.      You’d better create a personalized plan to get you into shape.
D.      . In this case, a type of exercise based on boxing may be right for you.
(4) 36    If you have free time at the weekend, you could book some time with a personal trainer, who can come to your house, or you could meet him at the gym.
B.       If it is fitness you are after, group activities will be suitable.
C.       You’d better create a personalized plan to get you into shape.
38.[阅读理解] <FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">As we enjoy the summer ocean waves along the beaches, we may think nervously about Steven Spielberg''''s Jaws and the great fear that sharks inspire in us. Yet we are happy to see global efforts to protect the declining number of sharks. The world has realized that we need the species, like sharks, to keep a balanced ecosystem.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Sharks, in particular, are “in” these days. Thanks to good public policy and famous stars such as Jackie Chan and Ang Lee, killing sharks for fin soup is no longer cool.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">The demand for shark fins has been rising for decades, threatening sharks with extinction</FONT>(灭绝)<FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">—up to 100 million sharks are killed each year just for their fins. But we have started to reverse the trend, particularly in many areas of the United States and overseas where restaurants once proudly provided delicious shark fins on the menu.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">In California, a ban on the sale and possession of shark fin soup has gone into effect this year through the efforts of Wild Aid and other organizations.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Overseas marketing and public efforts featuring posters on public transportation systems and TV ads have been underway for the past few years. These efforts all show signs of success, on both the supply side and the demand side of trade in shark fins. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Actually, stopping the killing of sharks is part of a broader movement to stop the killing of wild animals and the buying and selling of wildlife products. These products come from hunting elephants, tigers and rhinos, besides killing marine life.</FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
<P style="TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Whether it is shark fin soup or ivory piano keys, killing animals is big business. The hunting of elephants in search of ivory tusks for luxury</FONT>(奢侈的)<FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">goods has become a full-scale war. The decrease of African elephant populations is alarming. Together with international partners, the United States is leading the worldwide effort to reduce demand for high-end products that rely on killing animals. </FONT></P><FONT style="FONT-FAMILY: 宋体"></FONT>
(1)  The underlined word “reverse” in Paragraph 3 probably means _______.
A.      show
B.      keep
C.      follow
D.      change
(2) From the passage, we know _______.
A.      . Jackie Chan and Ang Lee make fin soup popular
B.      a lot of wild animals have been killed for products
C.      Steven Spielberg''''s Jaws inspires us to protect sharks
D.      . the number of African elephants has been increased
(3)  What can we infer from the passage?
A.      More animals for high-end products will be saved.
B.      People have kicked the habit of having shark fin soup.
C.      Shark fins will not be available any more in restaurants.
D.       Global efforts have succeeded in stopping killing wild animals.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表