大学英语第二册课后翻译

[复制链接]
发表于 2020-5-29 10:58:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Unit 1
5.2 Translate the following sentences into English using the words in the brackets. (P7)                                                   
1.        如果明天天气晴朗,他将带他的女友去海滩玩。(take sb. to)
        If the weather is fine tomorrow, he will take his girl friend to the beach.

2.        当他是个年轻小伙子的时候,他对自己的言行非常敏感。(be sensitive about)
        When he was a young fellow, he was very sensitive about what he said and did.

3.        他对一位女孩特别感兴趣,经常同她一起去上海大剧院(Shanghai Grand Theater) 看戏。(be interested in)
        He is interested in a particular girl and often goes with her to Shanghai Grand Theater to watch plays.
4.        他一说完要说的话,旁边的那个伙伴便兴奋至极,哈哈大笑。(next to)
        As soon as he finished what he had to say, the guy next to him got all excited and laughed loudly.

5.        那个男孩那天不愿去上课,他父母不得不反复催促他上学。(be willing to)
        On that day, the boy was not willing to go to school, so his parents had to push him.

5.3 Translate the following sentence into Chinese. (P7)                    
1.        Pretty soon the guys were all standing around me, making a scene, and saying, “Well, say it, Feynman!”
        不一会儿,大伙儿都围着我站了一圈,吵吵嚷嚷地对我说:“好的,范曼,说出来呀!”

2.        I went home and told my mother about it. She gave me all kinds of instructions on how to do this and that.
        回到家里,我把这件事告诉了妈妈。她给了我各种各样的指导,告诉我如何做这样那样的事。

3.        She was following a tradition: women teach their sons how to treat the next generation of women well.
        她遵守这样一个传统:母亲教儿子如何善待下一代女性。

4.        She was still upstairs getting ready of course (it's always like that), so her family had me wait for her in the dining room, where they and their friends were eating pie.
        当时她还在楼上做准备,这是意料中的事(女孩子临行前总是那样),因此,她的家人让我在餐厅里等她。他们在餐厅里跟朋友一起吃馅饼。

5.        I told her how, when I was younger, my parents made me learn piano for a period of time, but after six months I was still playing “Dance of the Flowers” and couldn’t stand it anymore.
        我告诉她,在我年幼的时候,父母让我学了一段时间的钢琴,六个月后我还在弹“花之圆舞曲”,于是我忍无可忍了。

Unit 2
5.2 Translate the following sentences into English using the words in the brackets. (P27)                                                           
1.        同学们散坐在教室的各处讨论问题,就在这时老师进来了。(sit around)
        The students were sitting around the classroom and discussing questions when their teacher came in.

2.        我去年买了这幢房子,所欠房款还未付清。(pay off)
        Last year, I bought this house, but I have not paid off the money I owe on it.

3.        我的朋友向我点点头,然后仔细考虑我提出的问题。(nod)
        My friend nodded to me and thought over the questions I put forward.

4.        住房成为当今的流行话题,这是不难理解的。(a popular subject)
        It is not difficult to understand that housing has become a popular subject of conversation these days.

5.        你渐渐习惯了老房子的这些问题,就像习惯了自己的缺点一样。(get used to)
        You have got used to these problems of your old house, just like your own shortcomings.

5.3 Translate the following sentence into Chinese. (P28)                  
1.        One Saturday night we were sitting around our rather worn living room with some old friends when one of them started trying to remember how long we’d lived there.
        一个星期六的晚上,我们和一些老朋友散坐在我们相当破旧的起居室里,就在这时一个朋友开始努力回想我们已经在这里住了多久。

2.        “To whom is it not as valuable?” I asked him in a voice that was louder than necessary for him to hear what I was saying.
        “这房子对谁来说不那么值钱了?”我大声地问他,音量超过了使他听清楚所必需的程度。

3.        Behind the curtain of the window nearest my wife’s desk, there is a section of wall which is four inches wide. It has missed the last four coats of paint so that the little chalk marks with dates opposite them would not be lost.
        在靠近我妻子书桌的窗帘后面,有一块四英寸的墙没有涂最后四层涂料,一遍保留那些小小的粉笔印记和对面的日期。

4.        If something doesn't work quite right, the carpet is worn, the toilet or bathroom basin leaks, or you have a bad neighbor, you get used to them and, like your own shortcomings, you find ways to ignore them.
        如果有什么东西出了问题,如果地毯破旧了,卫生间或事浴室的水池漏水了,邻居不友好,你渐渐习惯于这些问题,并像对待自己的缺点一样,有办法听之任之。

Unit 3
5.2 Translate the following sentences into English using the words in the brackets. (P49)                                                           
1.        那位老师讲课时,同学们都一边细心地倾听,一边认真地做笔记。(take notes)
        The students listened and took notes carefully as the teacher gave them a lecture.

2.        我们钦佩伟人,因为他们的所作所为值得我们敬佩。(admire)
        We admire great people because what they did is worth admiring.

3.        四个学生共住一个套间(flat),套间内有他们共用的厨房、厕所和卫生间。(share)
        Four students share a flat, where they share a kitchen, a toilet and a bathroom.

4.        那些美国人对中国文化非常好奇,很想了解中美文化的主要差异。(curious)
        Those Americans were curious about Chinese culture and were curious to know about the main differences between Chinese culture and American culture.

5.        那些英国学生非常喜欢去年在中国度过的暑假,主要原因是他们结交了许多中国朋友。(enjoy one’s vacation)
        Those British students enjoyed their summer vacation in China last year, mainly because they made lots of Chinese friends.

5.3 Translate the following sentence into Chinese. (P50)                 
1.        “If you want to say ‘okay’, don’t make a circle with your thumb and first finger,” the woman announced.
        “如果你们想说‘同意’,不要用拇指和食指做成一个圈儿,”那位女士大声说道。

2.        That means okay here in the USA, but in the Soviet Union it has a dirty meaning.
        在美国,这表示“同意、许可”的意思,但在苏联,那样做含有淫秽的意思。

3.        You might not have hot running water to take a bath, or you might have to share a bathroom with five or six people.
        你可能没有热的自来水洗澡,你也可能不得不与五六个人共用一间浴室。

4.        When they arrived in the Soviet Union, the Americans were glad that they had prepared themselves to experience life under communism.
        到达苏联时,那些美国人为自己已准备好体验共产主义制度下的生活而感到高兴。

5.        The Soviets knew that Americans liked to eat fast food in restaurants, but they were disappointed to see that Americans ate fast meals at home, too.
        那些苏联人知道美国人喜欢在餐馆里吃快餐,但看到美国人在家里也吃快餐,他们感到失望。

Unit 4
5.2 Translate the following sentences into English using the words in the brackets. (P71)                                                           
1. 他们急切要知道是否可以在这个房间里过夜。 (available)
        They were eager to know if the room was available for them to spend the night.

2. 老师说话听起来好像感冒了,或者咳嗽。(sound as if)
        The teacher sounded as if he had a cold or a cough when he spoke.

3. 在很长一段时间里, 我们国家有许多人相信13这个数字会带来厄运。(a long length of time)
        For a long length of time many people in our country believed that the number 13 was bad luck.

4. 他是一个勤奋的学生,学过的每一篇课文都能够背诵。(by heart)
        As a hardworking student, he learns by heart every text he has studied.

5. 自从王教授从以前的住处搬走以后,我一直没看见过他。(the old neighborhood)
        I haven’t seen Professor Wang since he moved away from the old neighborhood.

5.3 Translate the following sentence into Chinese. (P72)                 
1. He nodded, started the motor, and then apologized, “I’m sorry, but I was reading a letter.”
        他点了点头,开动马达,然后向我道歉:“对不起,我刚才在看信。”

2. Then he spoke again, almost more to himself than to me: “I should have kept in touch. Yes,” he repeated, “I should have kept in touch.”
        然后,他又说起来了,与其说是在对我讲话,不如说是在自言自语:“我不应该同他断了联系。是的,”他重复一遍,“我不应该同他断了联系。”

3. The first sentence reminded me of myself: I’ve been meaning to write for some time, but I’ve always delayed it.
        第一句话让我想到我自己:我一直都想给您写信,但迟迟没动笔。

4. “Where it says, your friendship over the years has really meant a lot to me, more than I can say because I’m not good at saying things like that.”
        “是这么说的:你多年来的友情对我真的意义重大,不是我能用语言来表达的,因为这类话我说不好。”

5. We had gone several kilometers and were almost at my hotel, so I read the last paragraph: So I thought you’d like to know that I was thinking of you.
        我们已经坐车行了几公里,差不多要到达我住的旅馆了,于是我就读了最后一段话:所以,我想你会愿意知道我现在正在想你。

Unit 5
5.2 Translate the following sentences into English using the words in the brackets. (P94)                                                           
1.        她在英语演讲中得了一等奖,感到非常兴奋。(feel excited)
        She felt very excited that she had won the first prize in the English Speech Contest.

2.        那个小男孩发觉自己很难适应新学校的环境。(fit into)
        The little boy found it hard to fit into his new school.

3.        他对这里的一切都很满意,从不抱怨任何事情。(complain about)
        He is satisfied with everything here, and never complains about anything.

4.        如果我能通过学校的考试, 心里就会充溢着这样一种感觉:我很快就会变得完美无瑕。(be filled with a sense)
        If I could pass my school examinations, I would be filled with the sense that I would become perfect.

5.        有些父母选购神童故事给孩子看,希望孩子将来有一天会出人头地。(remarkable)
        Some parents choose and buy stories of child geniuses for their children to read, with the hope that the children will become remarkable some day.

5.3 Translate the following sentence into Chinese. (P94)                 
1.        I was a dancing girl standing in the wings, waiting to hear the music that would send me floating like a feather across the stage.
        我是个舞蹈演员,站在舞台的一侧,等待着音乐响起,好让我在舞台上像一片羽毛般轻盈地飘舞。

2.        “If you don’t hurry up and get me out of here, I’m leaving for good,” it warned. “And then you’ll always be nothing.”
        “如果你还不赶快把我从这带出去,我就永远离开你,”它警告说。“那么你将永远一事无成。”

3.        The first night she brought out a story about a three-year-old boy who knew the capitals of all the states and even most of the European countries.
        第一晚,她拿出一本关于一个三岁小男孩的故事。那个男孩知道美国所有州的州府,甚至大多说欧洲国家的首都他也知道。

4.        The tests got harder: doing math in my head, finding the queen of hearts in a pack of cards, trying to stand on my head without using my hands, etc.
        测试越来越难—心算、从一幅纸牌中找出红心Q,空手倒立等等。

5.        And after seeing my mother’s disappointed face once again, something in the depths of my soul began to die.
        在又一次看到妈妈那张失望的脸后,我灵魂深处的某个东西开始消逝。

Unit 6
5.2 Translate the following sentences into English using the words in the brackets. (P115)                                                           
1.        一个人一生中最美好、最幸福的重大事件之一发生在举行婚礼的那天。(take place)
        One of the most beautiful and happiest events in one’s life takes place on the day in which one’s wedding is held.

2.        她的母亲辛辛苦苦地缝制绵织品。(slave)
        Her mother slaved over the task of sewing cotton items.

3.        许多人为准备婚礼而花费很多时间和金钱。(prepare for)
        Many people spend a lot of time and money in preparing for their wedding parties.

4.        过去,姑娘出嫁时要带许多东西到丈夫家去,包括被褥、床单、大衣橱等。(include)
        In the past, at her wedding, a girl was expected to bring many things to her husband’s house, including quilts, sheets, a large clothes chest and so on.

5.        男女订婚一年后举行婚礼,这是一种传统习俗。(be engaged)
        It is a traditional custom that a couple’s marriage takes place one year after they are engaged.

5.3 Translate the following sentence into Chinese. (P116)                  
1.        Every member of the village is invited, and excitement builds up during the days before the wedding.
        每个村民都受到邀请,在婚礼之前的日子里,兴奋的情绪日益高涨。

2.        As far as the bride is concerned, her family has been preparing for her wedding ever since she was born.
        就新娘来说,她的家人从她一出生起就一直在为她的婚礼做准备。

3.        Meanwhile her father has been saving money, because it’s the duty of the bride’s family to provide a home for the new couple.
        同时她父亲一直在存钱,因为为新婚夫妇安个家是新娘家的责任。

4.        Cattle, goats, money, an ox and cart, a television and nowadays a washing machine too — some, or perhaps all of these can be included, depending on the girl’s family income.
        牛、山羊、钱、一辆牛车、一台电视机,如今还要一部洗衣机—嫁妆里包括其中的一部分或全部,这要视女方家庭的收入情况而定。

5.        Outside the church the man and woman receive the guest’s noisy congratulations, before everyone goes to the couple’s house to start celebrating.
        新娘新郎在教堂外面接受客人们热闹的道贺,之后大家都到新人家里去。

Unit 7
5.2 Translate the following sentences into English using the words in the brackets. (P138)                                                           
1. 他率领的足球队参加了许多次国际比赛,10次连胜后,才第一次输了一场比赛。(lose the game)
        The football team he led took part in many international games. It lost its first game after 10 straight victories.

2. 教师教课时应突出重点和难点,以便让学生真正掌握。(focus on)
        Teachers should focus on key and difficult points in classroom teaching so that their students can really grasp them.

3. 他对工作采取积极的态度(attitude),无论做什么总是全力以赴。(pour one’s energy into)
        He takes a positive attitude towards his work and pours his energy into whatever he does.

4. 如果沃伦德那天中午走钢丝时,不过分担心自己的安全问题,他就不会摔死。(fall to death)
        Wallenda would not have fallen to death if he had not worried so much about his safety during that midday walk.

5. 他是一个优秀的经理,一旦做了错误的决定,便立即纠正。(make a decision)
        As an excellent manager, he immediately corrects any wrong decision he has made.

5.3 Translate the following sentence into Chinese. (P138)               
1. When his team lost its first game after 29 straight victories at home, his response was: “Great! Now we can focus on winning, rather than on not losing.”
        他带领的球队在主场29场连胜后第一次输了一场比赛,他的反应是:“好极了! 现在我们能够把精力集中到打赢比赛上面来,而不是放在不输球上面。”

2. Meyer showed a spirit of working towards positive goals, pouring one’s energy into the task, and not looking behind and making excuses for past events.
        迈耶表现出这样一种精神:向积极的目标奋进,全身心地投入工作,而不是往后看,为过去的事找借口。

3. For a lot of people, the word “failure” carries with it a feeling of coming to an end, but for the successful leader, failure is a beginning, a seed of hope.
        对许多人来说,“失败”这个词让人产生一种穷途末路的感觉,但是对于成功的领导者来说,失败是开始,是希望的种子。

4. It was the first time he’d ever thought about that, and it seemed to me that he put all his energy into not falling rather than walking the tightrope.
        这是他生平第一次这样担心,在我看来,他与其说是在全力以赴地走钢丝,倒不如说是全力以赴地不让自己摔下来。

5. Whenever I make a decision, I start out realizing there’s a strong chance I’m going to be wrong. All I can do is the best I can.
        每当我做决策时,我一开始便意识到我很可能会犯错误,我所能做的就是尽力而为。
Unit 8
5.2 Translate the following sentences into English using the words in the brackets. (P160)                                                           
1. 那个青年人每天要向老板做汇报, 为了讲什么、讲多少而绞尽脑汁。 (what and how much)
        Every day, when the young man has to make a report to his boss, he struggles with what and how much to tell.

2. 爱德华和我已经订婚了,但请为我们保密!(keep sth. to oneself)
        Edward and I have become engaged—but please keep it to yourself.

3. 这个警察只是对谁是凶手做出猜测。(make a guess)
        The policeman is just making guesses as who the murder is.

4. 某一电视新闻节目的主持人反对在没有官方准许的情况下就报道这则新闻。(be against)
        A host of a television news program was against reporting the news without the official permit.

5. 安德鲁很生气,因为报道根本不真实。(in that)
         Andrew was very angry in that the report was not true at all.

5.3 Translate the following sentence into Chinese. (P160)               
1. The minister is missing. You’re the reporter and your story is due.
        那位牧师失踪了。你是记者,打算报道这桩案情。

2. Now, at least in part because the public seems to have a great hunger for famous people’s privacy, reporters sometimes cover these parts of famous people’s lives more than any other.
        现在,记者有时会专门把名人生活中的这些隐私报道出来,而且报道得比名人的其他任何方面都多,他们这样做至少部分原因是因为公众似乎有强烈的欲望想了解这类事情。

3. CNN then reported the story and so did other television news programs, major newspapers and news magazines.
        CNN随后报道了这则新闻,其他电视新闻节目、主要报纸和新闻杂志也对此进行了报道。

4. How many people who see crimes will come forward in the future, knowing what kind of treatment they will probably get?
        在知道了自己很可能会受到什么样的对待后,有多少亲眼目睹罪行的人还愿意挺身而出呢?

5. Too much attention may be the price one pays to be famous.
        过多的关注也许是一个人为出名所付出的代价。

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表