大学英语(3)随机卷

一、单项选择题
(共 10 题、共 30 分)
1.He was sweating from the ___ heat.纠错
A、tense
B、intensive
C、intense
D、extensive
2.A:Will you be a volunteer at the Beijing Olympics? B: ( )
纠错
A、am lucky enough.B、I'll be glad if I can.C、I’d better ask somebody else.D、Let me have a try.3.It is ___ of Beijing to have such hot weather in July.纠错
A、tradition
B、trial
C、typical
D、tropical
4.When she found the steak was overcooked, she ___ to the waiter.纠错
A、memorized
B、moved
C、motioned
D、mentioned
5.The reply is ( ) an acceptance of our offer.纠错
A、exactly
B、virtually
C、constantly
D、accurately
6.It is necessary that the students____ more excercises to do.纠错
A、must have
B、have
C、will have
D、can have
7.A reply card is ____ with this invitation for your convenience.纠错
A、covered
B、enclosed
C、entered
D、closed
8.We have a high regard for Prof. Joseph because he always____ his principles.纠错
A、lives on
B、lives up to
C、lives with
D、lives down
9.____ classic music, which follows formal European tradition, jazz is a spontaneous and free form.纠错
A、In comparison with
B、In connection with
C、In regard to
D、In contrast to
10.____ the two, Maiy is____ dancer.纠错
A、Of...more gifted
B、Of...the more gifted
C、In...the more gifted
D、In...more gifted
二、句子翻译(英译汉)
(共 2 题、共 20 分)
1.She attributed his failure to lack ofexperience.纠错
2.The policeman took the thief by surprise ashe opened the window.纠错
三、句子翻译(汉译英)
(共 2 题、共 20 分)
1.我不喜欢那些爱打听别人隐私的人。
纠错
2.不在这样的雨天出门是个好主意。
纠错
四、阅读理解
(共 1 题、共 15 分)
1.I was very disappointed not to be able to go to the jazz concert last Friday. The advertisement in the paper said that you could buy tickets at the theatre box in Richland Hills any day between 10:00 and 4:00. Since I work from 9:00 to 5:30, the only time I could go to the theatre was during my 45-minute lunch break. Unfortunately, the theatre is on the other side of the town, and the bus service between my office and Richland Hills is not very good. But if you are lucky you can make the round trip in 45 minutes. Last Monday, I stood at the bus stop for fifteen minutes waiting for the bus. By the time I saw one come around the comer, there was not enough time left to make the trip. So I gave up and went back to the office. The same thing happened on Tuesday, and again the next day. On Thursday, my luck changed. I got on a bus right away and arrived at the theatre in exactly twenty minutes. When I got there, however, I found a long line of people at the box office. I heard one man say he had been waiting in line for over an hour. Realizing I would not have enough time to wait in line, I caught the next bus and headed back across the town. By Friday I realized my only hope was to make the trip by taxi, it was expensive, but I felt it would be worth it to hear the concert. The trip by taxi only took 10 minutes, but it felt like an hour to me. When I got to the theatre, I was relieved to see that nobody was waiting in line. The reason, however, I quickly discovered, was that they had already sold all the tickets.纠错
1).The story is mainly about ( ).A、the difficulty of getting a ticket for a concert in a city
B、someone''s disappointment at missing a concert
C、a good concert
D、the bad bus service in this city
2).The underlined word "relieved" may best be replaced by "( )".A、puzzled
B、sorry
C、surprised
D、please
3).The man learned ( ) that there would be a concert last Friday.A、from the newspaper
B、form one of his workmates
C、from his friends
D、over the radio
4).One day the man took ( ) to get to the theatre by bus.A、fifteen minutes
B、forty-five minutes
C、over an hour
D、just twenty minutes
5).He tried to go to the theatre every day but managed to get there only ( ).A、twice
B、once
C、four times
D、three times
五、作文题
(共 1 题、共 15 分)
1.Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition titled Opportunity and Success. You should write at least 120 words following the outline given below in Chinese.1. 机遇的偶然性;
2. 机遇和成功的关系;
3. 上帝只会帮助有准备的人。

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表