重庆2020年春季学期课程作业大学英语(2)第1次答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2020-3-1 14:11:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
一 、 单项选择题 (共 35 题、60 / 70 分 )
1、The telephone ( ) connect you to the absent.
  A、used to B、using to C、are used D、are used to! 收藏该题 展开该题 2、The park was filled with people ( ) on their cell phones.
A、to talk B、talked C、talk  D、talking! 收藏该题 展开该题 3、The retired couple ( )a rich and colorful life.
  A、lead B、hold C、make D、have! 收藏该题 展开该题 4、Xiao Li proposed we postpone the journey to next month and everybody disagree ____ him.
A、to  B、with C、on D、at! 收藏该题 展开该题 5、Something unexpected happened ( ) our way to the seaside.
A、in
  B、on C、by
D、at! 收藏该题 展开该题 6、I ( ) by the teacher at the meeting next week.
A、am praised B、have been praised C、shall praised  D、shall be praised! 收藏该题 展开该题 7、I ( ) see the excellent performance yesterday.
A、was luck to  B、was fortunate to C、was lucky D、was fortunately! 收藏该题 展开该题 8、He used to feel confident ( ) language ability.
A、in the term of  B、in terms of C、in term of  D、in a term of! 收藏该题 展开该题 9、( ) you are in the world, when you walk in to our hotel we want you to have best lodging experience possible.
A、Whoever B、Whatever C、Whenever  D、Wherever! 收藏该题 展开该题 10、It has _____ to change your life with sound decision.
  A、potential
B、possible
C、probable
D、continental! 收藏该题 展开该题 11、The medicine is on sale everywhere. You can get it at ( ) chemist's.
A、each B、some C、certain  D、any! 收藏该题 展开该题 12、Never before had I speak out my mind in public, so when someone asked to sing a song at the party, I felt too ( ) to do so.
  A、embarrassed B、unfortunate C、unwilling D、pleasant! 收藏该题 展开该题 13、Too much work and no time for rest is a ( ) on him both physically and mentally.
A、deposit  B、burden C、cover D、revolution! 收藏该题 展开该题 14、( ) the bad weather, the football match had to be put off.
  A、Because of B、Because C、In case D、On occasion! 收藏该题 展开该题 15、To show politeness, we usually greet an American ( ) his or her last name.
A、In B、with C、to  D、by! 收藏该题 展开该题 16、This is the house _____ windows were broken.
  A、whose  B、which  C、its  D、of which! 收藏该题 展开该题 17、His music has _____ millions of people around the world
  A、touched B、reached C、contacted D、met! 收藏该题 展开该题 18、The experienced lecturer started his speech _____ a series of questions.
  A、with B、in C、at D、upon! 收藏该题 展开该题 19、I saw him at ( ), not at ( ).
A、my uncle...the Blacks B、my uncle’s...the Blacks   C、my uncle’s...the Blacks’  D、my uncle...the Blacks’! 收藏该题 展开该题 20、Not only was he good at English ( ) at mathematics.
A、so B、as  C、but also D、and also! 收藏该题 展开该题 21、
____ the forties ____ the first fully automatic factory was built in the world.
A、
It was not until ... then
  B、
It was not until ... that
C、
It was until ... that
D、It was not until ... when
! 收藏该题 展开该题 22、
John has a good sense of humor, he often tells stories ____.
A、
what people laugh at
  B、
that people laugh at
C、
which people laugh
D、at what people laugh at
! 收藏该题 展开该题 23、
Tom ____ his father in the way he moves his hands when he talks.
A、
is resemble
  B、
resembles
C、
is same
D、is similar to
! 收藏该题 展开该题 24、
With careful ____ your father's condition should improve steadily and he will recover before too long.
A、
caution
  B、
treatment
C、
action
D、remedy
! 收藏该题 展开该题 25、
That naughty boy lay on the grass with his ____.
A、
eyes closed and his open mouth
B、
closed eyes and his mouth open
C、
eyes closed and his mouth open
D、closed eyes and open his mouth
收藏该题 26、
____ today, he would get there by Friday.
A、
Would he leave
B、
Was he leaving
  C、
Were he to leave
D、
If he leaves
! 收藏该题 展开该题 27、
Society ____ people with widely different abilities.
A、
makes up of
  B、
is made up of
C、
makes up from
D、is made up from
! 收藏该题 展开该题 28、
____ it rained, what should we do, should we cancel that picnic ?
A、
Supposing when
B、
Supposing which
C、
Supposing that
D、Suppose when
收藏该题 29、
Only when you have obtained sufficient data ____ come to a sound conclusion.
A、
you will
  B、
can you
C、
you can
D、would you
! 收藏该题 展开该题 30、
The servants ____ the silver before the guests arrived.
A、
painted
B、
ground
  C、
polished
D、sharpened
! 收藏该题 展开该题 31、
The mother regretted ____ her little daughter, for she found that it was her son who broke the vase.
A、
to blame
B、
to have blamed
C、
blaming
  D、having blamed
! 收藏该题 展开该题 32、
If I couldn't get a scholarship, I might get a job ____ to graduate school next semester.
A、
instead go
B、
instead going
C、
instead to go
D、
instead of going
收藏该题 33、I wasn't able to ( ) the meeting because I was too busy.
  A、attend B、attempt C、assign D、withdraw! 收藏该题 展开该题 34、
It is time you ____ your examination papers.
A、
should hand in
B、
will hand in
C、
hand in
D、handed in
收藏该题 35、
While working, we should ____ to others.
A、
stop to talk
B、
not stop to talk
C、
stop and talk
D、not stop talking
收藏该题 二 、 阅读理解单项选择题 (共 5 题、30 / 30 分 )
1、
Most Americans find the idea of arranged marriages difficult to understand or accept. They believe that two people should marry for love, after a period of dating or courtship. During that period, the prospective marriage partners are supposed to learn enough about each other to decide whether or not they will be able to build a successful marriage. Today in America, it is common for people to live together as a way of preparing for marriage. The idea of an arranged marriage seems very old-fashioned indeed.
But aren't all marriages arranged in one way or another? In the United States marriages are seldom formally arranged, but quite a lot of informal arranging goes on before two people become husband and wife. People who get married are introduced to each other by friends. These friends have already decided that the two people are right for each other and arrange for them to meet. In the United States this kind of arrangement is very common. Because friends have such great influence, their approval of a dating partner is very important.
Families also exert open and subtle pressures on their children to influence their choices of marriage partners. Parents often arrange dates for their own children. One parent often tells a friend about her beautiful daughter or handsome son. Also, parents can meet the perfect marriage prospect for their son or daughter through business relationships. Since parents often assist their children financially, they feel that they have the right to help the bride and groom select where they will live, what type of furniture they will purchase, and what their life-style will be like.
1、
Which of the flowing is TRUE according to this passage?____
A、
Marriages are usually arranged by parents in America.
B、
No arranging goes on before two people get married.
C、
Only one formal arrangement takes place before two people get married.
  D、There are usually a lot of informal arrangements before two people get married.
2、
Most Americans think that arranged marriages are ____.
A、
understandable
B、
acceptable
C、
unavoidable
  D、old fashioned
3、
Which of the following can be inferred from the last paragraph?____
  A、
Social class has much influence on marriages.
B、
Nationality has much influence on marriages.
C、
Knowledge has much influence on marriages.
D、Age has much influence on marriages.
4、
According to this passage, the prospective marriage partners ____.
A、
often write to each other
B、
often attend formal parties together
  C、
often meet each other
D、often discuss problems together
5、
Which of the following is NOT true?____
A、
Parents often try to influence their children's marriages.
B、
Open arranged marriages are unusual in the U.S.
C、
Friends sometimes play some role in getting two people together who may get married later.
  D、Parents never care much about their children's marriages.
! 收藏该题 展开该题 2、
One silly question I simply can't stand is "How do you feel?". Usually the question is asked of a man in action --- a man on the go, walking along the street, or busily working at his desk. So what do you expect him to say? He'll probably say, "Fine, I'm all right," but "you've put a bug in his ear" -- maybe now he's not sure. If you are a good friend, you may have seen something in his face, or his walk, that he overlooked that morning. It starts him worrying a little. First thing you know, he looks in a mirror to see if everything is all right, while you go merrily on your way asking someone else, "How do you feel?"
Every question has its time and place. It's perfectly acceptable, for instance, to ask "How do you feel?" if you're visiting a close friend in the hospital, But if the fellow is walking on both legs, hurrying to make a train, or sitting at his desk working, it's no time to ask him that silly question.
When George Bernard Shaw, the famous writer of plays was in his eighties, someone asked him "How do you feel?" Shaw put him in his place. "When you reach my age," he said, "either you feel all right or you're dead."
1、
The writer seems to feel that a busy man should ____.
A、
be praised for his efforts
B、
never be asked any question
  C、
not be bothered
D、be discouraged from working so hard
2、
According to the writer, greetings, such as "How do you feel?" ____.
A、
show one's consideration for others
B、
are a good way to make friends
C、
are proper to ask a man in action
  D、generally make one feel uneasy
3、
“You've put a bug in his ear ”means that you've ____.
A、
made him laugh
B、
shown concern for him
C、
made fun of him
  D、given him some kind of warning
4、
The question "How do you feel?" seems to be correct and suitable when asked of ____.
A、
a man working at his desk
B、
a person having lost a close friend
C、
a stranger who looks somewhat worried
  D、a friend who is ill
5、
George Bernard Shaw's reply in the passage shows his ____.
A、
cheerfulness
  B、
cleverness
C、
ability
D、politeness
! 收藏该题 展开该题 3、
A nurse and her elderly uncle were waiting for a bus at a corner in downtown Chicago. Buses came by, but not the one they wanted. The woman finally half-entered one of the buses and asked the driver if the bus she wanted stopped at that corner.
The driver ignored her, so she repeated the question. Incredibly, he then closed the door -- on her arm -- and drove off.
The woman, her arm stuck in the door, trotted alongside the bus, shouting. Passengers said the driver stopped after almost a block only because they, too, were shouting.
When the driver finally did stop and opened the door, the woman jumped on the bus to get his badge number. Then he took off again and went another couple of blocks before other shouting passengers persuaded him to stop and let the woman off.
After the driver's bosses at the Chicago Transit Authority--a tax-supported governmental body -- heard of the incident, they looked into it and set his punishment: a five-day suspension without pay. That struck me as rather light.
But Bill Baxa, a CTA public-relations man, said, "That's a pretty harsh penalty. "
Five days off work is a harsh penalty for dragging a woman alongside a bus by her arm? Baxa said, "Any time you take money away from someone, it is a harsh punishment. The driver makes $14 an hour. Multiply that by 40 and you can see what he lost. "
Yes, that comes to $560, a tidy sum. But we know that people in the private sector are fired for far less every day. If the people who run the CTA think that the loss of a week's pay is more than enough, I offer them a sporting proposition: Give me a bus. Then have their wives stick their arms in the doorway of the bus, and I'll slam the door shut, stop the gas pedal and take them for a fast one-block jog. And I'll pay $560 to anyone who is bold enough to try it. Any takers? Mr. Baxa? Anybody? I didn't think so.
1、
The bus driver's punishment was____.
A、being dismissed from the CTA
  B、
being out of work for a week
C、
paying a fine of $560
D、working without pay for five days
2、
The nurse half-entered one of the buses because____.
A、
the bus they wanted didn't stop there
B、
she wanted the driver to stop the bus
  C、
she wanted to get some information from the driver
D、she and her uncle couldn't wait any longer at the corner
3、
Why did the author offer a sporting proposition? ____
A、
Because the CTA paid little attention to the incident.
B、
Because the bus driver had not been fired.
C、
Because he wanted to threaten the CTA people.
  D、Because he thought the penalty was not a harsh on
4、
How many blocks was the woman away from the corner where she waited when the bus driver finally let her off? ____
A、
Almost one block.
B、
Almost two blocks.
  C、
Probably three blocks.
D、Probably five or six blocks.
5、
The reason why the woman trotted alongside the bus was that____.
  A、
she couldn't get herself away from the bus
B、
the driver closed the door before she heard the answer
C、
she was dragged by the bus driver
D、she wanted to get the driver's badge number
! 收藏该题 展开该题 4、
Reading time: 7 1/2 minutes
Learning to Keep Your Cool During Tests
Have you ever felt so anxious during an examination that you couldn't even put down the answers you knew? If so, you were suffering from what is known as test anxiety.
According to psychologist Ralph Trimble, test anxiety is a very real problem for many people. When you're worried over your performance on an exam, your heart beats faster and your pulse speeds up. These reactions start others: You may sweat more than normal or suffer from a stomachache or headache. Your field of vision narrows and becomes tunnel-like. Before you know it, you're having difficulty focusing.
"What I hear students say over and over again," says Dr. Trimble, who is working at the Psychological and Counseling Center at the University of Illinois, "is, 'My mind went blank.'"
For a number of years, Dr. Trimble helped many students learn how to perform better during exams and to bring up their grades. Some of these students were interested in sharing what they learned and, with Trimble's help, began holding workshops on overcoming test anxiety. For many students, just being in a workshop with other sufferers made them feel better. They realized that they were not the only ones who had done poorly on tests because of tension.
The workshops were so successful that they are still given.
In the workshops, students are taught that anxiety is normal. You just have to prevent it from getting the best of you. The first step is to learn to relax. If before or during an examination you start to panic, stretch as hard as you can, tensing the muscles in your arms and legs; then suddenly relax all of them.
This will help relieve tension. But keep in mind that you don't want to be too relaxed. Being completely relaxed is no better than being too tense. "If you are so calm you don't care how you do on an examination, you won't do well," Trimble says. "There is an optimum level of concern when you perform at your best. Some stress helps. There are people who can't take even slight stress. They have to learn that in a challenging situation, being anxiously excited is good and will help them to do better. But if they call it anxiety and say, 'It's going to hit me again, ' that will make them nervous and worried."
As a student you must also realize that if you leave too much studying until a day or two before the examination, you can't do the impossible and learn it all. Instead, concentrate on what you can do and try to think what questions are likely to be asked and what you can do in the time left for studying.
When you sit down to study, set a moderate pace and vary it by reading, writing notes, and going over any papers you have already written for the course, as well as the textbooks and notes you took in class. Review what you know. Take breaks and go to sleep early enough to get a good night's rest before the exam. You should also eat a moderate breakfast or lunch, avoiding drinks like coffee and stay away from fellow students who get tense. Panic spreads easily.
Get to the exam room a few minutes early so that you will have a chance to familiarize yourself with the surroundings and get out your supplies. When the examination is handed out, read the directions twice and underline the significant instructions, making sure you understand them. Ask the teacher to explain if you don't. First answer the easiest questions, then go back to the more difficult.
On essay questions, instead of starting right away, take a few minutes to organize your thoughts, make a brief outline, and then start off with a summary sentence. Keep working steadily, and even when time starts to run out, don't speed up.
1、
According to the passage, being completely relaxed before a test ____
A、
helps a student to perform better in the test
  B、
can also be harmful to a person's performance in the test
C、
helps a student to cope with a challenging situation better
D、may be more harmful than getting too worried over tests
2、
We learn from the passage that test anxiety ____.
A、
affects a small number of people
  B、
can lead to physical discomfort
C、
can have a negative effect on a person's eyesight
D、often affects those who are physically weak
3、
The author suggests that before a test ____.
  A、
you shouldav6id staying with a fellow student who suffers test anxiety
B、
you should not think that you will be affected by your fellow student's anxiety
C、
you should get together with other sufferers of test anxiety in order to feel better
D、you should eat a big meal and drink some coffee to keep yourself in high spirits
4、
In Trimble's workshop the students learned ____.
  A、
how to avoid being controlled by test anxiety
B、
that test anxiety is normal and would go away in time
C、
certain mental exercises that would help them relax
D、how to concentrate on what they could do
5、
Dr Trimble often heard students say that ____
  A、
their mind failed to work when faced with a test
B、
they had difficulty focusing on the test items
C、
they could not think of a way to get rid of test anxiety
D、they began panicking well ahead of a test
! 收藏该题 展开该题 5、
Acting is such an over-crowded profession that the only advice that should be given to a young person thinking of going on the stage is "Don't!". But it is useless to try to discourage someone who feels that he must act, although the chances of his becoming famous are slim. The normal way to begin is to go to a drama school. Usually only students who show promise and talent are accepted, and the course lasts two years. Then the young actor or actress takes up work with a theatrical company, usually as an assistant stage manager. This means doing everything that there is to do in the theatre: painting scenery, publicity, taking care of the costumes, and even acting in very small parts. It is very hard work indeed, the hours are long and the salary is tiny.
Of course, some people have remarkable chances which lead to fame and success without this long and hard training. Connie Pratt, for example, was just an ordinary girl working in a bicycle factory. A film producer happened to catch sight of her one morning waiting at a bus stop, as he drove past in his car. He stopped and got out to speak to the girl. He asked if she would like to go to the film studio to do a test, and she thought he was joking. Then she got angry and said she would call the police. It took the producer twenty minutes to convince Connie that he was serious. The test was successful. And within a few weeks she was playing the leading part opposite one of the most famous actors of the day. But chances like this happen once in a blue moon!
1、
The film producer found Connie Pratt one morning when she was____.
A、
working in a bicycle factory
B、
driving past him in her car
C、
going to a film studio
  D、waiting for a bus
2、
From the very beginning, the author puts it clearly that acting is a profession____.
  A、
sought after by too many
B、
too difficult for young people
C、
for ambitious people only
D、
for young people only
3、
A few weeks after the test, Connie Pratt found herself____.
A、
the most famous actress of the world
  B、
playing the leading female role in a play
C、
as famous as the greatest actor of the world
D、no less famous than the leading actor of the day
4、
The concluding sentence "chances like this happen once in a blue moon" means____.
A、
this is something which happens once in a while
B、
this is a highly profitable chance
C、
this is something highly possible
  D、this is a very rare chance
5、
For someone who feels he must act, it is very likely that____.
A、
he will become a film star at long last
B、
he will become a stage manager
C、
he will be well paid
  D、he will end up without any success
6、
Which of the following is NOT mentioned as part of an assistant stage manager's job? ____
A、
Play minor roles
B、
Take care of the dress to be worn on the stage by an actor or actress.
C、
Help advertise plays.
  D、Collect tickets.

发表于 2020-3-22 19:19:33 | 显示全部楼层
怎么看不见附件?怎么购买积分?
发表于 2020-3-31 21:06:57 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2022-2-25 16:28:12 | 显示全部楼层
我需要附件,有客服告诉我附件在哪吗?
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表