《高级英语二》试卷A福师2020年2月课程

[复制链接]
发表于 2020-1-19 15:48:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
福建师范大学网络与继续教育学院
《高级英语(二)》期末考试A卷  
姓名:                   专业:
学号:                   学习中心:成绩:I. Among the four choices, choose the one that is the closest in meaning to the italicized word.(20%)
1. They plan to ______ the run-down house in a year’s time.
A. revive    B. renovate    C. replace    D. remove
2. The volunteer firefighters valiantly tried to put out the ______ forest fire.
A. raging    B. wretched    C. roaming    D. roaring
3. Education is ______ for all school-age children in many a country.
A. universal      B. compulsory   
C. requested      D. general
4. When I heard footsteps behind me I was ______ that I would be attacked.
A. horrified       B. terror-struck   
C. terrorized      D. terrified
5. Accuracy is ______ to the skill of typewriting.
A. inherent       B. elemental   
C. indifferent    D. fundamental
6. Perhaps the customer has ______ his monthly statement and not paid the bill.
A. overlooked      B. bewildered   
C. omitted         D. escaped
7. The manager gave her his ______ that her complaint would be investigated.
A. consent       B. conception   
C. assurance     D. insurance
8. He said he could not ______ all the information given in the broadcast.
A. accumulate       B. absorb   
C. acknowledge      D. acquire
Visitors are asked to ________ with the regulations.
A. contrast    B. consult    C. comply    D. conflict
With all its advantages, the computer is by no means without its ________.
A. boundaries       B. limitations   
C. confinements     D. restraintsII.Decide whether the following statements are true for false.(Please write down your answer on the Answer Sheet.20%):
In terms of receiving acceptance from teachers the proportion of boys to girls is approximately equal.(Sexism in School)
“Intellectual discussion” means discussion attended by intellectuals.(Sexism in School)
She was delighted when she found bubble gum wrappers, pencils and pennies in the pockets. (Philosophers Among Carrots)
Her husband was ruffled when he learned she had bought a new dress. (Philosophers Among Carrots)
She smiled enigmatically because family did not understand her queer behavior of the day. (Philosophers Among Carrots)
In contrast to modern students, students in earlier days seemed to have benefited a great deal from a less flexible teaching approach.(Language Teaching and Learning)
It is suggested that teachers should constantly change their teaching methods because individual students may change their way of learning in the process.(Language Teaching and Learning)
A few of those “make it” who are born into dire poverty and destined to live in it.(Money Madness.)
Apart from appearance, Villegas and the red-haired woman are mentally alike as writing teachers.(The Teacher as Dragon)
Dreaming to be what we are not is usually alarming.(Daydreams of What You’d Rather Be)III.Fill in the blank with the proper word given (Please write down your answer on the Answer Sheet. 20%)
up, in, on, lotus, draped, rest, muck, untouched,  picked, fantasies, pristine

Then ,having started the wash, and reflecting ___1__ the symbol of the ___2___ in Oriental philosophy which rises, pure and ____3__ from the mud and __4___ ,I walked proud and __5___ among the gym trunks and sweatshirts, and out into the___6__ of the house to tidy it ____7__.There I indulged in aggressive ____8__ against my dear family as I __9__ up a necktie __10__ on the lamp.IV. Translate the following sentences into English (Please write down your answer on the Answer Sheet 20%)
雇主将雇员们的忍耐理解为软弱,没有意识到忍耐是有限度的。
回顾过去,他认识到自己虚度了青春年华。
在解决国际争端时,我们应该避免诉诸武力。
他继续往下说,为空暴露出内心的不安来。
当地居民预感到滑坡即将发生,于是纷纷逃离危险期。
V. Translate the following paragraph into Chinese.(Please write down your answer on the Answer Sheet. 20%)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by the Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.
附件是答案,核对题目下载,q7 612960 21
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表