[离线作业] 南开19年9月《大学英语(二)Model Test Four》考核作业

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-6-24 11:47:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
南开大学现代远程教育学院考试卷
大学英语(二)
PartⅣ答题纸:请将答案填写在如下表格中,否则成绩无效。(本题15分)
Model Test Four
Part I     Vocabulary & Structure
Directions: This part is to test your ability to construct grammatically correct sentences. It consists of 2 sections.
Section A
Direction: In this section there are 10 incomplete sentences. You are required to complete each one by deciding on the most appropriate answer from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. Charlie is the kind of person who always seems to be        a hurry.
   A. on                                B. with                        C. in                                D. for
2. You        your task at home yesterday evening.
   A. had to finish                                                B. would finish
C. should have finished                                D. might have finished
3. Kevin doesn’t know whether it will rain or not, but if it       , he will stay at home.
   A. will                        B. rain                        C. is                                D. does
4. My brother demanded that he        accompany me to the doctor.
   A. should                        B. would                        C. could                        D. might
5. Cathy is talking about the friends and the food        interest her.
   A. which                        B. who                        C. that                        D. as
6.        that she wouldn’t be able to buy food on her journey, she took large supplies with her.
   A. Know                        B. To know                C. Knowing                D. Known
7. How long does it take to get there        bus?
   A. by                                B. in                                C. on                        D. of
8. I don’t believe that your brother can speak two foreign languages,       ?
   A. do I                        B. can’t he                C. don’t I                        D. can he
9. How could I have finished the task if it        for your help?
   A. hasn’t been                B. shouldn’t be        C. hadn’t been                D. wasn’t
10. I have some trouble        the bad handwriting.
   A. reading                        B. for reading                C. to read                        D. readSection B
Direction: There are also 10 incomplete statements here. You should fill in each blank with the proper form of the words given in the brackets. Write your answers in the corresponding space on the Answer Sheet.
11. The right side of the brain controls our        (imagine), our understanding of space and color.
12. The teacher can’t find any        (improve) in his writing.
13. If your neighbors are too noisy, then you have a good reason to make your      (complain).
14. It is the feathers that        (able) a bird to fly.
15.        (person), she doesn’t agree with Ellen though they are good friends.
16. Prof. Green can forgive a mistake but she can’t forgive        (honest).
17. It is no use        (do) so.
18. Knife and fork        (be) usually used when we have western food.
19. You        (complete) the task 2 hours before.
20. Generally        (speak), it is not easy to be a successful engineer.
PartⅡ      Reading Comprehension (40minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your reading ability. There are 5 tasks for you to fullfill. You should read the reading materials carefully and do the tasks as you are instructed.
Task 1
Directions: After reading the following passage, you will find 5 questions or unfinished statements, numbered 21 to 25. For each question or statement there are 4 choices marked A), B), C), and D). You should make the correct choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Obviously television has both advantages and disadvantages.   In the first place, television is not only a convenient source of entertainment, but also a comparatively cheap one. With a TV set in the family people don’t have to pay for expensive seats at the theatre, the cinema, or the opera .All they have to so is to push a button or turn a knob, and they can see plays, films, operas and shows of every kind. Some people, however, think that this is where the danger lies. The television viewers need do nothing. He does not even have to use his legs if the has a remote control. He makes no choice and exercises, no judgment. He is completely passive and has everything presented to him without any effort in his part.   Television, it is often said, keeps one informed about current events and the latest developments in science and politics. The most distant countries and the strangest customs are brought right into one’s sitting room. It could be argued that the radio performs this service as well; but on television everything is much more living, much more real. Yet here again there is a danger. The television screen itself has a terrible, almost physical charm for us. We get so used to looking at the movements on it ,so dependent on its pictures, that it begins to control our lives. People are often heard to say that their television sets have broken down and that they have suddenly found that they have far more time to do things and the they have actually begin to talk to each other again. It makes one think, doesn’t it?   There are many other arguments for and against television. We must realize that television itself is neither good nor bad. It is the uses that it is put to that determine its value to society.   21. What is the major function of paragraph 1?   A.? To arouse the reader’s concern   B. To introduce the theme of the whole passage   C. To summarize the whole passage   D. To sate the primary uses of TV   22. Television, as a source of entertainment, is ______.   A. not very convenient???????? B. very expensive   C. quite dangerous??????????? D. relatively cheap   23. Why are some people against TV?   A. Because TV programs re not interesting   B. Because TV viewers are totally passive   C. Because TV prices are very high.   D. Because TV has both advantages and disadvantages   24. One of the most obvious advantages of TV is that ______.   A. it keeps us informed   B. it is very cheap   C. it enables us to have a rest   D. it controls our lives   25. According to the passage, whether TV is good or not depends on    _______ .   A. its quality???????? B. people ’s attitude towards it   C. how we use it????? D. when we use it
Task 2
Directions: This task is the same as Task 1. The 5 questions or unfinished statements are numbered 26 to 30.
Food sometimes gets poisoned with harmful things. A person who eats such food can get an illness called food poisoning. Food poisoning is usually not serious, but some types are deadly. The symptoms of food poisoning usually begin within hours of eating the poisoned food. Fever is one of the most common symptoms.
Certain microorganisms(微生物)cause most types of food poisoning. Bacteria and other microorganisms can poison eggs, meat, vegetables, and many other foods. After entering the body, these tiny living things release(释放)poisons that make people sick.
Some chemicals can also cause food poisoning. They are often added to food while it is being grown, processed, or prepared. For example, many farmers spray chemicals on crops to kill weeds and insects. Some people may have a bad reaction to those chemicals when they eat the crops.
Some plants and animals contain natural poisons that are harmful to people. These include certain kinds of seafood, grains, nuts, seeds, beans, and mushrooms.
When people handle food properly, the risk of food poisoning is very small. Microorganisms multiply rapidly in dirty places and in warm temperatures. This means that people should never touch food with dirty hands or put food on unwashed surfaces. Food should be kept in a refrigerator to stop microorganisms from growing. Meat needs to be cooked thoroughly to kill any dangerous microorganisms. People should also wash food covered with chemicals before eating it. Finally, people should not eat wild mushrooms or other foods that grow in the wild. Some of these foods may contain natural materials that are poisonous to humans. In addition, some types of fish can be poisonous.
Most people recover from food poisoning after a few days of resting and drinking extra water. If people eat natural poisons, they must go to the hospital right away to have their stomachs emptied.
26. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Food when poisoned can make people sick.
B. Food poisoning means death.
C. Food poisoning comes in varieties.
D. Food poisoning can be serious.
27.We know from the passage that the symptoms of food poisoning         .
        A.are always accompanied by a fever
        B.are too common to be noted
        C.can be noticed within hours
        D.can he ignored
28.Food poisoning can be caused by all the following EXCEPT        .
        A.some chemicals
        B.low temperatures
        C.some tiny living things
        D.certain natural materials
29.From Paragraph 5,we can learn that         .
        A.mushrooms should not be eaten
        B.vegetables are safer than meat and seafood
        C.natural poisons are more dangerous than chemicals
        D.different types of food should be handled differently
30.It can be inferred from the passage that        .         A.natural materials are safe in food processing
        B.chemicals are needed in food processing
        C.food poisoning can be kept under control
        D.food poisoning is out of controlTask 3
Directions: The following is a letter . After reading it, you are required to complete the outline below it (No. 31 to No. 35). You should write your answers beriefly ( in not more than 3 words) on the Answer Sheet correspondingly.
Dear Sir/Madam,
I’m Li Hua. I took the flight BA793 on June 3, 2010. But when I came to my home, I found I lost a suicase. I am writing to you to request you to help me find it back.
My suitcase is a small blue one with a zip. There is a lable on the handle with my name and address on it. It si really important for me, because I had put all my important documents in it, including my ID card, passport and so on. Besides, it si what my father sent to me on my birthday.
Thanks for your kind consideration and I look forward to receiving your earliest reply.
                                                          Yours truly,

Li Hua.

Task 4
Directions: The following is a list of terms related to International Business. After reading it, you are required to find the items equivalent to (与……等同) those given in Chinese in the table below. Then you should put the corresponding letters in brackets on the Answer Sheet, numbered 36 through 40.
A— unfair competition
B— dumping C— ??antidumping
D— ??customs bond 
E— ?mediation of dispute
F— ???restraint of trade
G— ?favorable balance of trade
H— ??unfavorable balance of trade
I—  ?special preferences
J—  tariff barrier
K—  ??trade partner
L—    ??dealer
M—  ??wholesaler N— ?retailer, tradesman O—  consumer
P— manufacturer
Q— chain debts  
Examples: (D) 海关担保????????(F) 贸易管制
36. ( ?? ?)?反倾销??           ( ???)批发商
37. ( ???)不合理竞争?????????( ???)经销商
38. ( ???)?优惠关税??????( ???)贸易顺差
39. ( ???  )制造商????   ( ???)贸易伙伴
40. ( ???)关税壁垒?????   ( ???)商业纠纷调解Task 5
Directions: The following is a poster. After reading it, you should give brief answers to the five questions ( No.41 to No. 45) that follow. The answers (in not more than 3 words)should be written after the corresponding numbers on the Answer Sheet.
Propeller Island
Propeller Island City Lodge is a very special hotel that was designed by a German. Each room provides you with the promibility of living in a work of art. Every single piece of furmiture in the thirty rooms of the hotel has been hand-made and each room is completely different. You’ll be able to choose a room based on your own personal tastes.
Prices: starting at just $91 a night, and an additional person for only 20 extra dollars.
For more information , visit the website:http://www.propeller island.com
41.What’s Propeller Island?
  It is a _______________ designed by a German.
42.How many rooms does the hotel have?
_____________.
43. How can the customers choose the room?  
They’ll be able to choose a room based on___________.
44. What’s the total price if one take an sdditional person?
   _______.
45. What you can do in order to get more information about Propeller Island?
  To _______________.
PartⅢ  Translation----English to Chinese (25minutes)
Directions: This part, numbered 46 through 49, is to test your ability to translate English into Chinese. After each of the sentences numbered 46 to 49, you will read four choices of suggested translation. You should choose the best translation and mark the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. And for the paragraph numbered 50, write your translation in the corresponding space on the Translation/Composition Sheet.
46. Some people choose to buy a two-year-old car for only 50% or so of the price for a new vehicle and still, have several years of trouble-free driving.
A)如今很多人选择买一辆旧车使用2年,然后再加50%左右换辆新车,就可以无忧无虑地开上好多年。
B) 如今很多人选择花2年的时间去买一辆二手车,只须付新车价格的50%左右,并且可以得到几年免费的维修服务。
C) 如今很多人选择买一辆已使用2年的旧车,只需付新车价格的50%左右,不过,几年之后会有不少麻烦。
D) 如今很多人选择买一辆已使用2年的二手车,价格只是新车的50%左右,但你仍然可以开几年而不出故障。
47.?Scarcely less important than machinery in the agricultural revolution was science.
A)在农业革命中,科学没有机械重要。 ?? B)在农业革命中,机械没有科学重要。   C)在农业革命中,科学和机械几乎同等重要。   D)在农业革命中,机械和科学都不怎么重要。
48.It will strengthen you to know that you distinguished career is so widely respected and appreciated. A)这会使你坚定地认识到,你的杰出事业是如此广泛地受到人们的尊敬和赞赏。 B)这会使你进一步坚定信念,因为你的杰出事业如此广泛地受到人们的尊敬和赞赏。 C)知道你的杰出事业是如此广泛地受到人们的尊敬和赞赏会使你进一步坚定信念。 D)当你知道你的杰出事业是如此广泛地受到人们的尊敬和赞赏时,你就会力量倍增。 49. The numbers didn ‘t really add up , so the accountant went back over them.
A)数额没有累计起来,所以会计师又把它们拿回去了。
?B)加起来的总数不对,所以会计师又拿回去了。 ?C)数额没有累计起来,所以会计师又重新计算了一遍。 ?D)加起来的总数不对,所以会计师又重新计算了一遍。
50. For people who control a war and run a country, such disagreements are also political issues. McChrystal(麦克里斯特尔) ignored the importance of preserving the authority and credibility of the commander in chief, President Obama. His personal attack on those leaders in the article just made the matter a lot worse.
PartⅣ             Writing
Directions: This part is to test your ability to do practical writing. You are required to write an email according to the following instructions given in Chinese. Remember to do the task on the Translation/Composition Sheet.
        写信人:李芳
        写信人邮件地址:[url=mailtoiFang@yahoo.cn]LiFang@yahoo.cn[/url]
        写信时间:2009年7月15日
        收信人:Mr. Perry
        收信人邮件地址:admission@yahoo.com
        内容:感谢攻读博士学位的申请得到接受,但没有能力支付学费,希望能获得奖学金以完成学业。
附件是答案   转载注明 无忧答案网

南开19年9月考试《大学英语(二)》考核答案.zip

27.5 KB, 下载次数: 5, 下载积分: 贡献 1

售价: 39 金币  [记录]  [购买]

答案

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表