[英语] 大学英语(统考)在线练习题12(客观题)答案

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-11-25 18:08:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大学英语(统考)在线练习题12(客观题)
试卷总分:100   测试时间:--
一、阅读理解(共4道试题,共40分。)
Almost every family buys as least one copy of a newspaper every day. Some people subscribe to as many as two or three different newspapers. But why do people read newspapers
    Five hundred years ago, news of important happenings--battles lost and won, kings or rulers overthrown (推翻) or killed took months and even years to travel from one country to another. The news passed by word of mouth and was never accurate. Today we can read in our newspapers of important events that occur in far away countries on the same day they happen.                                                
Apart from supplying news from all over the world, newspapers give us a lot of other useful information. There are weather reports, radio, television and film guides, book reviews, stories, and of course, advertisements. The bigger ones are put in by large companies to bring attention to their products. They pay the newspapers thousands of dollars for the advertising space, but it is worth the money for news of their products goes into almost every home in the country. For those who produce newspapers, advertisements are also very important. Money earned from advertisements makes it possible for them to sell their newspapers at a low price and still make a profit.
1).The phrase "subscribe to" in the first paragraph means" _________".
A. go to the newspaper stand and buy
B. send their own news stories to

C. agree to buy for a specific period of time

D.  become faithful readers of
满分:2分
2).The habit of reading newspapers is _________ .
A. widespread      
B. found among a few families

C. not popular                     
D. uncommon
3).Before the time of the newspaper, __________ .
A.  bad news traveled quickly and good news slowly
B. few people cared about events that took place in far away countries

C. kings and rulers were often overthrown or killed

D. news was passed from one person to another
4).The author seems to agree that money spent on advertisements is _________ .
A. wasted               
B. not much

C. well spent                    
D. of no use to anyone
5).which of the following statements is TRUE
A. Five hundred years ago it took a long time for news to reach other countries.
B. Newspaper advertisements turn people's attention away from their products
C. The news that we read in newspapers is mainly about new products.

D.  When newspapers are sold at a low price, the newspaper producers will lose money.

2.    Americans are pound of their variety and individuality, yet they love and respect few things more than a uniform, whether it is the uniform of an elevator operator or the uniform of a five-star general. Why are uniforms so popular in the United States
    Among the arguments for uniforms, one of the first is that in the eyes of most people they look more professional than civilian(百姓的)clothes. People have become conditioned to expect superior quality from a man who wears a uniform. The television repairman who wears uniform tends to inspire more trust than one who appears in civilian clothes. Faith in the skill of a garage mechanic is increased by a uniform. What easier way is there for a nurse, a policeman, a barber, or a waiter to lose professional identity(身份)than to step out of uniform
    Uniforms also have many practical benefits. They save on other clothes. They save on laundry bills. They are tax-deductible(可减税的). They are often more comfortable and more durable than civilian clothes.
    Primary among the arguments against uniforms is their lack of variety and the consequent loss of individuality experienced by people who must wear them. Though there are many types of uniforms, the wearer of any particular type is generally stuck with it, without change, until retirement. When people look alike, they tend to think, speak, and act similarly, on the job at least.
Uniforms also give rise to some practical problems. Though they are long-lasting, often their initial expense is greater than the cost of civilian clothes. Some uniforms are also expensive to maintain, requiring professional dry cleaning rather than the home laundering possible with many types of civilian clothes.
1).It is surprising that Americans who worship variety and individuality _______.
A. still judge a man by his clothes
B. hold the uniform in such high regard
C. enjoy having a professional identity

D. will respect an elevator operator as much as a general in uniform
2).People are accustomed to think that a man in uniform _______.
A. suggests quality work
B. discards his social identity
C. appears to be more practical
D. looks superior to a person in civilian clothes
3).The chief function of a uniform is to _______.
A. provide practical benefits to the wearer
B. make the wearer catch the pubic eye
C. inspire the wearer’s confidence in himself

D. provide the wearer with a professional identity
4).According to the passage, people wearing uniforms _______.
A. are usually helpful
B. have little or no individual freedom
C. tend to lose their individuality
D. enjoy greater popularity
5).The best title for this passage would be _______.
A. Uniforms and Society
B. The Importance of Wearing a Uniform
C. Practical Benefits of Wearing a Uniform
D. Advantages and Disadvantages of Uniforms
3.    The way people hold to the belief that a fun-filled, pain-free life equals happiness actually reduces their chances of ever attaining real happiness. If fun and pleasure are equal to happiness, then pain must be equal to unhappiness. But in fact, the opposite is true: more often than not, things that lead to happiness involve some pain.
    As a result, many people avoid the very attempts that are the source of true happiness. They fear the pain brought by such things as marriage, raising children, professional achievements, religious commitment, and self-improvement.
    Ask a bachelor (单身汉) why he resists marriage even though he finds dating to be less and less satisfying. If he is honest, he will tell you that he is afraid of making a commitment(承担义务), for commitment is in fact quite painful. The single life is filled with fun, adventure and excitement. Marriage has such moments, but they are not its most distinguishing(独特的)features.
    Couples with infant children are lucky to get a whole night’s sleep or a three-day vacation. I don’t know any parent who would choose the word fun to describe raising children. But couples who decide not to have children never know the joys of watching a child grow up or of playing with a grandchild.
    Understanding and accepting that true happiness has nothing to do with fun is one of the most liberating realizations. It liberates time: now we can devote more hours to the activities that can genuinely increase our happiness. It liberates money: buying that new car or those fancy clothes that will do nothing to increase our happiness now seems pointless. And it liberates us from envy: we now understand that all those who are always having so much fun actually may not be happy at all.
1).According to the author, a bachelor resists marriage chiefly because _______.
A. he is unwilling to take on family responsibilities
B. he believes that life will be more cheerful if he remains single
C. he finds more fun in dating than in marriage
D. he fears it will put an end to all his fun and excitement
2).Raising children, in the author’s opinion, is ______.
A. a moral duty
B. a thankless job
C. a rewarding task
D. a source of pain
3).From the last paragraph, we learn that envy sometimes comes from ______.
A. hatred
B. misunderstanding
C. pride
D. carelessness
4).To understand what true happiness is, one must ______.
A. have as much fun as possible during his lifetime
B. make every effort to free oneself from pain
C. put up with pain under any conditions
D. tell the difference between happiness from fun
5).What is the author trying to tell us
A. Happiness often goes hand in hand with pain.
B. One must know how to gain happiness.
C. It is important to make commitment.
D. It is pain that leads to happiness.
4.Advertising is a way of bringing information to the public for the purpose of selling a product, a service, an idea, or an event. The information is transmitted by means of the printed word or over the air. It may be presented as a simple statement of fact, or, as is more often the case, it may be given in colorful or even emotional language. All advertising is meant to encourage people to do some specific things, such as to buy a product, order a service, join an organization, attend a meeting, or think sympathetically about a situation. Each advertisement is paid for by a person, a group, an organization, or a business, enterprise wanting to advance his or its goals.
In a modern society, everyone uses advertising in one way or another. A person may get a job by answering a classified ad. He may decide to join an organization whose advertisements express ideas that interest him. In choosing food products and other items of daily living, he is usually led or influenced by advertising. Advertisements may also influence his choice of a vacation spot, restaurant, or recreational activity.
Product advertising is closely related to selling and, in most cases, is part of an overall selling program. Such advertisements are meant to make people familiar with products and eager to buy them. This type of advertising is an indirect selling tool, because the actual selling job is done later in a store or by a salesman who calls on the buyer.
1).As is used in the first paragraph, the phrase "over the air" means ________.
A. up in the sky
B. on radio or TV
C. on the tops of many buildings
D. in cold air
2).An advertisement is meant ________.
A. to tempt people into following what is advised in it
B. only to sell people new products
C. mainly to encourage people to attend a meeting

D. mainly to persuade people to join a club
3).According to the passage, advertisements usually appear_________.
A. in newspapers
B. on TV
C. on radio
D. all of the above
4).What is most important for a successful advertisement
A. There should be colorful or even emotional language in it.
B. It should describe a product or a service in great detail.
C. It should interest the consumer.

D. It should not only be printed in newspaper, but also be shown on TV.
5).Product advertising is usually _________.
A. part of a complete selling program
B. is meant to make people familiar with certain products
C. is a direct selling tool
D. both A and B
二、单选题(共15道试题,共45分。)
1.The nurse told the patient to ______ medicine three times a week.
A. make
B. do
C. count
D.
take
满分:3分
2.—Do you see the ad on the bulletin board
—_____________
A. No. What’s it about
B. Yes. What’s it about
C. It’s still there.
D. That’s a good idea.
3.— Excuse me, is this the right direction for the school
   — __________________ .
A. Well, no, you're going in the wrong direction
B. No, don't ask me
C.  No, I don't know
D. Don't go this way
4.The chairman was in ______ of the suggestion.

A. favor
B.  favors   
C. favorite   
D. favorites
5.Let’s ______ a walk in the park, shall we

A. go in
B. go on
C. go out
D. go for
6.— Can you turn down the radio, please
— ________________ .
A. Oh, I know
B. I’m sorry, I didn’t realize it was that loud.
C. I’ll keep it down next time
D. Please forgive me
7.It is generally considered unwise to give a child ______ he or she wants.

A. however  
B. whatever
C. whenever
D. wherever
8.— Do you mind if I join you
   — _________________ .
A.  I'm very happy to do so   
B. Never mind
C. Please do      
D. Oh, I can't
9.Parents should take full _________ for their children’s actions.
A. pollution  
B. responsibility
C. profession  
D. relationship
10.You may pick ________ dessert you like best from the tray.
A. whichever
B. which
C. whatever
D. what
11.People were ______ the idea of a well-balanced life.

A.  interested for  
B. interesting in  
C.  interested in
D. interesting for
12.---- Oh, sorry to bother you.
   ---- _______________.
A. That’s okay
B. No, you can’t
C. That’s good
D. Oh, I don’t know
13.— Can I borrow your camera for a couple of days
    — ________________ .
A. Yes, you may borrow
B. Yes, go on
C. Sure, here you are. Enjoy your journey
D. It doesn't matter
14.— Sorry, I kept you waiting.
   — __________________ .
A. I'm sad  
B. I don't care
C. That's all right. There's no hurry
D. No, not at all
Would you mind ______ the window

A. I opening  
B. my opening  
C. open
D. to open
三、完型填空(共1道试题,共15分。)
When you visit London, one of the first things you will see is Big Ben. The famous clock can be heard all over the world on the B.B.C. Big Ben __1__ its name from Sir Benjamin Hall __2__ was responsible for the making of the clock. It’s not only of __3__ size, but is extremely accurate as well. Big Ben has __4__ gone wrong. Once, however, it failed to give the correct time. A painter who had been working on the __5__ hung a pot of paint on one of the hands and slowed it down.
1).
A. who
B. takes
C. huge
D. tower
E. rarely
2).
A. who
B. takes
C. huge
D. tower