[中医大] 中医大大学英语2复习资料

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-6-22 13:24:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大学英语2复习题
I 交际英语
1.        — Thank you so much for your lovely gift.
— ____________.
A. Never mind.                               
B. I’m glad you like it.
C. Please don’t say so.               
D. No, it’s not so good.
2. — ______, but I seem to have misplaced your scarf.
  — Oh, that’s all right.
A. I am fine                               
B. It’s nice of you
C. I am sorry                               
D. I am OK
3. — How often do you eat out?  
  —____________, but usually once a week.
A. Have no idea                   
B. As usual
C. It depends                            
D. Generally speaking  
4. — Could you stay a little longer?
  — ____________.
A. No, thank you                       
B. You are welcome
C. Yes, thank you                
D. No, I’m afraid I can’t       
5. — Excuse me, Sir, is the swimming pool open all day?   
  — ____________. Only from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.  
A. That’s right                        
B. Yes, of course       
C. Sorry, I am not sure                        
D. Sorry, I’m afraid not  
6. — ____________
  — Yes, where is ladies' room please?
A. I can help you.                       
B. May I help you?
C. Let me help you.                       
D. What can I do for you?
7. — I am afraid I spilled coffee on the tablecloth.
  — ______
A. Don’t worry about it.               
B. What’s wrong with you?       
C. What’s happened?               
D. You have done well.
8. — Could you do me a favor?
— ____________.
A. Never mind                        
B. With pleasure  
C. Can’t complain                       
D. Not at all
9. — I must apologize for having delayed the job.
      — ______.
A. Pleased to meet you.               
B. No, that’s not your fault.       
C. I don’t know.                       
D. Thanks a lot.
10. — I wonder if I could possibly use your car for tonight?        
  — ____________. I’m not using it anyhow.  
A. Sure, go ahead      
B. I don’t know  
C. Yes, indeed                        
D. I don’t care
11. — I wonder if I could use your bike?
   — ____________.
A. No                                     
B. I’m sorry, but I’m using it right now
C. Thanks                               
D. None
12. — I'm not at all pleased by your negligence.  — ______.
A. We felt terribly sorry               
B. Fine, thank you
C. Very well                                    
D. Not too bad
13. — I am afraid I spilled coffee on the tablecloth.
    —____________
A. Don’t worry about it.               
B. What’s wrong with you?       
C. What’s happened?               
D. You have done well.
14. — Could you stay a little longer?
    — ____________
A. No, I'm afraid I can't.               
B. Yes, thank you.
C. No, thank you.                       
D. You are welcome.
15. — Pass the dictionary, will you?
    —____________.
A. By all means       
B. Pleasure       
C. None       
D. Thanks
16.— Thank you so much for your lovely gift.— ____________.       
A.        Never mind       
B.        I’m glad you like it.       
C.        Please don’t say so.       
D.        No, it’s not so go
17.— ______, but I seem to have misplaced your scarf.  
A.        Oh, that’s all right.       
B.        I am fine        It’s nice of you       
C.        I am sorry       
D.        I am OK       
18.— How often do you eat out?   —____________, but usually once a week.        
A.        Have no idea       
B.        As usual
C.        It depends       
D.        Generally speaking       
19.— Could you stay a little longer?  — ____________.        
A.        No, thank you       
B.        You are welcome       
C.        Yes, thank you
D.        No, I’m afraid I can’t       
20.Thanks for your help.— ____________.       
A.        My pleasure.       
B.        Quite right.       
C.        Never min       
D.        Don’t thank me.       
21.I must apologize for having delayed the jo— ______.       
A.        Pleased to meet you.       
B.        No, that’s not your fault.       
C.        I don’t know.       
D.        Thanks a lot.       
22.I wonder if I could possibly use your car for tonight? — ____________.I’m not using it anyhow.
A.        Sure, go ahead       
B.        I don’t know         
C.        Yes, indeed       
D.        I don’t care        
23.I'm not at all pleased by your negligence.— ______.       
A.        We felt terribly sorry       
B.        Fine, thank you       
C.        Very well       
D.        Not too bad       
24.____________ — Yes, where is ladies' room please?       
A.        I can help you.
B.        May I help you?       
C.        Let me help you.       
D.        What can I do for you?       
25.I am afraid I spilled coffee on the tablecloth.  — ______       
A.        Don’t worry about it.       
B.        What’s wrong with you?       
C.        What’s happened?       
D.        You have done well.       
26.Could you do me a favor?— ____________.       
A.        Never mind       
B.        With pleasure         
C.        Can’t complain       
D.        Not at all       
27.Don’t think in Chinese when you're speaking English.  — ______.       
A.        You are quite right.I just think in Chinese       
B.        I’m sorry, but I think in English       
C.        You can say that again       
D.        It’s nonsense       
28.         — How was your trip to London, Jane? —________.
A.        Oh, wonderful indeed.                       
B.        I went there alone.
C.        The guide showed me the way.        
D.        By plane and by bus
29.         —How do you do? —________.
A.   How do you do?
B.   Fine, thank you.
C.   Very well
D.   Not too bad.
30.         —______ !  — Congratulations on your promotion!
A.   I'm engaged
B.   It's a boy
C.   I got promoted
D.   Thank you for your support

II 阅读理解
Passage 1
Although the United States covers so much land and the land produces far more food than the present population needs, its people are by now almost entirely an urban society. Less than a tenth of the people are engaged in agriculture and forestry, and most of the rest live in or around towns,small and large. Here the traditional picture is changing: every small town may still be very like other small towns,and the typical small town may represent a widely accepted view of the country, but most Americans do not live in small towns any more. Half the population now lives in some thirty metropolitan areas (1arge cities with their suburbs of more than a million people each — a larger proportion than in Germany or England,let alone France). The statistics of urban and rural population should be treated with caution because so many people who live in areas classified as rural travel by car to work in a nearby town each day. As the rush to live out of town continues, rural areas within reach of towns are gradually filled with houses, so that it is hard to say at what moment a piece of country becomes a suburb. But more and more the typical American lives in a metropolitan rather than a small town environment.
1. If now America has 250 million people, how many of them are engaged in agriculture and forestry?
        A. About 25 million.                         B. More than 25 million.
        C. Less than 25 million.                        D. Less than 225 million.
2. Which of the following four countries has the smallest proportion of people living in metropolitan areas?
        A. United States.        B. Germany.         C. France.        D. England.
3. What's the meaning of the word "metropolitan" in the middle of the passage?
        A. Of a large city with its suburbs.        B. Of small and large towns.   
        C. Of urban areas.                            D. Of rural areas.
4. According to the passage, what can we learn about small towns in the United States?
        A. Most small towns become gradually crowded.   
        B. Small towns are still similar to each other.
        C. As the traditional picture is changing, towns are different.
        D. Small towns are turning into large cities.
5. Why is it hard to say when a piece of country becomes a suburb?
        A. Because they are the same.     
        B. Because the rush takes place too quickly.
        C. Because the process is gradual.
        D. Because more and more Americans live in metropolitan.
Passage 2
        People born in the summer are more likely to be healthy than those who arrive during other times of the year, new research suggests. The phenomenon could be caused by mothers getting more sun in pregnancy — and passing on higher quantities of vitamin D to their unborn infant. A study of almost half a million British adults found babies born in June, July, and August were heavier at birth and taller as adults.
        For the first time the research also revealed girls born in the summer started puberty later — an indication of better health in adult life. Early puberty in girls has been linked with a higher risk of diabetes, heart disease or breast cancer.
        Previous research has shown children born between June and October are likely to be slightly taller and have bigger bones than winter-born children — believed to be related to vitamin D exposure during pregnancy.
        Babies born in autumn and winter are more likely to develop food allergies — with sunlight exposure during pregnancy and vitamin D levels also thought to play a role in this. But being born in summer can have drawbacks - such as an increased risk of short-sightedness.
1. According to the new research, babies born in summer are more likely to be healthy.
        A. T                                                                        B. F
2. Late puberty in girls has been related to an increased risk of diabetes, heart disease or breast cancer.
        A. T                                                                        B. F
3. Vitamin D exposure during pregnancy is believed to be connected with the height of the babies.
4. Food allergies are more likely to take place among babies born in spring.
5. Short-sightedness is one of the probable disadvantages for babies born in summer.
        A. T                                                                         B. F

Passage 3
        Five years ago, David Smith wore an expensive suit to work every day. “I was a clothes addict,” he jokes. “I used to carry a fresh suit to work with me so I could change if my clothes got wrinkled.” Today David wears casual clothes — khaki pants and a sports shirt — to the office. He hardly ever wears a necktie. “I’m working harder than ever,” David says, “and I need to feel comfortable.”
        More and more companies are allowing their office workers to wear casual clothes to work. In the United States, the changes from formal to casual office wear have been slow. In the early 1990s, many companies allowed their workers to wear casual clothes on Friday (but only on Friday). This became known as “dress-down Friday” or “casual Friday”. “What started out as an extra one-day-a-week benefit for workers has really become an everyday thing,” said business adviser Maisly Jones.
        Why have so many companies started allowing their workers to wear casual clothes? One reason is that it's easier for a company to attract new workers if it has a casual dress code. “A lot of young people don't want to dress up for work,” says the owner of a software company, “so it's hard to hire people if you have a conservative dress code.” Another reason is that people seem happier and more productive when they are wearing comfortable clothes. In a study made by Levi Strauss and Company, 85 percent of employers said that casual dress has a side effect on work. Supporters of casual office wear also say that a casual dress code helps them save money. “Suits are expensive, if you have to wear one every day,” one person said. “For the same amount of money, you can buy a lot more casual clothes.”
1. David Smith refers to himself as having been “a clothes addict” because ______________.
A. he often wore khaki pants and a sports shirt
B. he couldn't stand a clean appearance
C. he didn’t want to spend much money on clothes
D. he wanted his clothes to look tidy and clean all the time
2. David Smith wears casual clothes now, because ______________.
A. they make him feel at ease when working
B. he cannot afford to buy expensive clothes
C. he looks handsome in casual clothes
D. he no longer works for any company
3. According to this passage, which of the following is FALSE?
A. Many workers don’t like a conservative dress code.
B. Comfortable clothes make workers more productive.
C. A casual clothes code is welcomed by young workers.
D. All the employers in the U.S. are for casual office wear.
4. According to this passage, which of the following is TRUE?
A. Company workers started to dress down about twenty years ago.
B. Dress-down has become an everyday phenomenon since the early 1990s.
C. “Dress-down Friday” was first given as a favor from employers.
D. Many workers want to wear casual clothes to impress people.
15. In this passage, the following advantages of casual office wear are mentioned EXCEPT ______________.
A. saving worker’s money
B. making workers more attractive
C. improving worker’s feeling
D. making workers happier

Passage 4
        China has changed dramatically in recent years, including the changing of family structure. In traditional Chinese society, the elderly used to live with one of their children. But nowadays, more and more young adults are moving out, leaving their elderly parents alone. Many young couples now live with their parents not for family tradition, but rather because they cannot afford to buy a house or rent an apartment. Experts say family-based care is now impractical because most middle-aged children have little time to take care of their parents. So one of the things the elderly have to face nowadays is how to arrange their late years when their families can't take care of them.
        A nationwide survey found that about 23 percent of China's seniors over the age of 65 live by themselves. Another survey conducted in Beijing showed that less than 50 percent of elderly women live with their children. Since more and more elderly have to live alone, homes for the elderly are far from being enough to meet the needs of the elderly.
1. China has changed a lot recently, but the family structure stays the same.
2. The old people used to live with their child traditionally.
3. Many young couples now still live together with their parents for family tradition.       
4. Most middle-aged children don't have much time to care for their parents.        A. T                                                                        B. F
5. Nowadays, homes for the old people are enough to satisfy the needs of the old people.
        A. T                                                                 B. F

Passage 5
        People in the United States honor their parents with two special days: Mother’s Day, on the second Sunday in May, and Father’s Day, on the third Sunday in June.
        Mother’s Day was proclaimed a day for national observance by President Woodrow Wilson in 1915. Ann Jarvis from Grafton, West Virginia, had started the idea to have a day to honor mothers. She was the one who chose the second Sunday in May and also began the custom of wearing a carnation.
        In 1909, Mrs. Dodd from Spokane, Washington, thought of the idea of a day to honor fathers. She wanted to honor her own father, William Smart. After her mother died, he had the responsibility of raising a family of five sons and a daughter. In 1910, the first Father’s Day was observed in Spokane. Senator Margaret Chase Smith helped to established Father’s Day as a national commemorative day, in 1972.
        These days are set aside to show love and respect for parents. They raise their children and educate them to be responsible citizens. They give love and care.
        These two special days are celebrated in many different ways. On Mother’s Day people wear carnations. A red one symbolizes a living mother. A white one shows that the mother is dead.Many people attend religious services to honor parents. It is also a day when people whose parents are dead visit the cemetery. On these days, families get together at home, as well as in restaurants. They often have outdoor barbecues for Father’s Day. These are days of fun and good feelings and memories.
1. According to the passage, which of the following about the second Sunday in May is not true?
        A. It is a day to show love to mothers.
        B. It is a day to wear carnations.
        C. It is a day for people to visit the cemetery.
        D. It is a day for many people to attend religious services.
2. Choose the right time order of the following events.
  a. The first Father’s Day was observed.
  b. Mother’s Day was proclaimed a day for national observance.
  c. Father’s Day became a day for national observance.
  d. The idea of honoring fathers was bought up.
        A. a b c d         B. b a c d                C. d a b c                D. d a c b
3. Who plays the most important role in Father’s Day becoming a national commemorative day?
        A. Mrs. Dodd.                                B.        Ann Jarvis.       
        C. Margaret Chase Smith.        D. Woodrow Wilson.
4. From the passage, we know in the U.S ___________.
        A. one should wear a red carnation if one’s mother passes away
        B. on Mother’s Day, families often go out to have barbecues
        C. on Father’s Day, people often stay at home to celebrate the special day
        D. the purpose to have these two special days is to show love to parents
5. The author’s purpose of writing this passage is to __________.
        A. call on people to love and respect their parents
        B. tell the difference between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
        C. introduce Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
        D. show how important fathers and mothers are

Passage 6
        What comes to mind when we speak of cultural exports from China to the United States? Bruce Lee, the giant panda, or kung fu?
        Without a doubt, these cultural symbols are successful exports of Chinese culture, but another form of Chinese culture widely known in the US is Chinese cuisine. Many types of local snacks, all deeply loved in China, are taking over the streets of America. Some were modified to suit to Americans' tastes, while others retain the traditional taste of China.
Here are just some of them.
Pai huang gua (smashed cucumbers)
        In a report titled Smashed cucumber salad takes Manhattan, The New York Times praised the method of smashing cucumbers in making salads as a completely new way to eat a cucumber.
Rou jia mo (Chinese hamburger)
        Rou jia mo, which translates as "meat placed between bun", has a similar recipe to hamburgers, consisting of chopped meat inside a bun.
Egg Rolls
        The term egg roll often refers to a variation of fried spring rolls in China, only the wrap is thicker, the entire form bigger, and it doesn't have much to do with eggs. Egg rolls are often served as appetizers in the US, just as spring rolls are in China.
1. Chinese cuisine is one form of the cultural exports from China to the United States.
2. Many local snacks, which are popular in China, are also popular in America.
3. Pai huang gua, rou jia mo and egg rolls are all quite popular in the United States.
4. There is no similarity between rou jia mo and hamburger.
5. Egg rolls re often served as dessert in the US.

Passage7
People in the United States honor their parents with two special days: Mother’s Day, on the second Sunday in May, and Father’s Day, on the third Sunday in June.
Mother’s Day was proclaimed a day for national observance by President Woodrow Wilson in 1915. Ann Jarvis from Grafton, West Virginia, had started the idea to have a day to honor mothers. She was the one who chose the second Sunday in May and also began the custom of wearing a carnation.
        In 1909, Mrs. Dodd from Spokane, Washington, thought of the idea of a day to honor fathers. She wanted to honor her own father, William Smart. After her mother died, he had the responsibility of raising a family of five sons and a daughter. In 1910, the first Father’s Day was observed in Spokane. Senator Margaret Chase Smith helped to established Father’s Day as a national commemorative day, in 1972.
        These days are set aside to show love and respect for parents. They raise their children and educate them to be responsible citizens. They give love and care.
        These two special days are celebrated in many different ways. On Mother’s Day people wear carnations. A red one symbolizes a living mother. A white one shows that the mother is dead.Many people attend religious services to honor parents. It is also a day when people whose parents are dead visit the cemetery. On these days, families get together at home, as well as in restaurants. They often have outdoor barbecues for Father’s Day. These are days of fun and good feelings and memories.
1. According to the passage, which of the following about the second Sunday in May is not true?
        A. It is a day to show love to mothers.
        B. It is a day to wear carnations.
        C. It is a day for people to visit the cemetery.
        D. It is a day for many people to attend religious services.
2. Choose the right time order of the following events.
  a. The first Father’s Day was observed.
  b. Mother’s Day was proclaimed a day for national observance.
  c. Father’s Day became a day for national observance.
  d. The idea of honoring fathers was bought up.
        A. a b c d         B. b a c d                C. d a b c                D. d a c b
3. Who plays the most important role in Father’s Day becoming a national commemorative day?
        A. Mrs. Dodd.                                B.        Ann Jarvis.       
        C. Margaret Chase Smith.        D. Woodrow Wilson.
4. From the passage, we know in the U.S ___________.
        A. one should wear a red carnation if one’s mother passes away
        B. on Mother’s Day, families often go out to have barbecues
        C. on Father’s Day, people often stay at home to celebrate the special day
        D. the purpose to have these two special days is to show love to parents
5. The author’s purpose of writing this passage is to __________.
        A. call on people to love and respect their parents
        B. tell the difference between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
        C. introduce Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
        D. show how important fathers and mothers are

Passage8
In choosing a friend, one should be very careful. A good friend can help you study. You can have fun together and make each other happy. Sometimes you will meet a fair weather friend. They will be with you as long as you have money or luck, but when you are down, they will run away. How do I know when I have found a good friend? I look for certain qualities of character, especially understanding, honesty and reliability .
A good friend, above all else, tries to understand how another person is feeling. He is not quick to judge. Instead, he tries to learn from others. He puts himself in the other person’s place, and he tries to think of ways to be helpful. He is also a good listener.
At the same time, a good friend is honest. He does not look for faults in others. He notices their good points. In short, a friend will try to understand me and accept me.
Another quality of a friend is reliability. I can always depend on a good friend. If he tells me he will meet me somewhere at a certain time, I can be sure that he will be there. If I need a favor, he will do his best to help me. If I am in trouble, he will not run away from me.
When I meet someone who is reliable, honest, and understanding, I know I’ve found a friend!
1. The writer thinks that one of the important qualities in choosing a friend is understanding.
2. If you have fair weather friends, you will be lucky.
3. Good friends need to understand each other’s feelings.
4. This passage is mainly discussing the qualities of a friend.
5. The meaning of the phrase "a fair weather friend" underlined in the 1st paragraph is a friend who shares difficulties with you.

III 词汇与结构
1. We were in the same college, _______ was male-only at that time.
A. that                B. which                C. it                        D. although
2. He got up _______ early _______ he caught the first bus.
A. so; as to        B. so; that        C. as; as                D. such; that
3. You'll never guess the answer. Do you _______?
A. give up        B. get off                C. give away        D. get down
4. So difficult _______ it to live in a foreign country that I decided to leave.
A. I have felt        B. I did feel        C. have I felt        D. did I feel
5. A loving family environment gives children that sense of stability and _______ which they need.
A. exclusion        B. reflection        C. property        D. permanence
6. Had I got there five minutes earlier, I could ______ her.  
        A. have met        B. meet                C. meeting        D. to meet
7. It is his first visit to Europe as the ______.
        A. preside        B. president        C. resident         D. presidency
8. ______ from the hill, our school looks more beautiful.
        A. Seen          B. Being seen        C. Seeing                D. Saw
9. While I was working for that company, I had to ______ consumer affairs.  
        A. deal on         B. deal with         C. deal in         D. deal for
10. Jack won the championship of the competition, ______ made the whole family excited.
        A. that             B. who           C. which            D. what   
11. Had I got there five minutes earlier, I could ______ her.  
        A. have met        B. meet                C. meeting        D. to meet
12. It is his first visit to Europe as the ______.
        A. preside        B. president        C. resident         D. presidency
13. ______ from the hill, our school looks more beautiful.
        A. Seen          B. Being seen        C. Seeing                D. Saw
14. The aim is neither to judge nor to force forgiveness, but rather to ______ understanding.
        A. foster          B. harvest         C. brighten          D. activate
15. We were in the same college, ______ was male-only at that time.
        A. that                B. which                C. it                        D. although
16. The commission is made up of five people, ______ two women.
        A. including        B. included        C. involving        D. involved
17. A/An ______ computer will be an indispensable diagnostic tool for         doctors.
        A. essential        B. intelligent        C. smart                D. sentient
18. Despite ______ attempts to diet, her weight soared.
        A. continuous        B. much                C. numerable        D. numerous
19.        The new system will be ______ with existing equipment.
        A. capable        B. compatible        C. controllable         D. considerable
20. If you have a ______ diet, you are getting all the vitamins you need.
        A. balanced        B. biased                C. bankrupt        D. boring
21. Make sure this meat cooks for ______ an hour.
        A. at large        B. at least                C. in any case        D. at last
22. Oxygen is often stored as a liquid, although it is used ______ as a gas.
        A. primarily        B. rarely                C. seldom         D. sometimes
23. After¬¬______¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ on the trousers, he found they were 2 inches too long.
        A. to put                B. putting        C. put                D. being put
24. I don't enjoy ______ activities.
        A. feasible        B. sensitive        C. physical        D. critical
25. He said he would be poor ______ get money in such a dishonest         way.
        A. in order to                                        B. than               
        C. instead of                                         D. rather than
26. ______ more time, we could have done it better.
        A. Given                B. Giving                C. Having given        D. Being given
27. ______ it is raining, you'd better take a taxi.
        A. As                B. Due to                C. Provided                D. If
28. The winners will be selected at ______ from the correct answers received.
        A. formal                B. random        C. casual                        D. idle       
29. Under no _____ should we be reckless of consequence and make hasty decisions.
        A. instance        B. situation        C. circumstance        D. environment
30. And that is really the problem, irrespective ______ what this site turns out to be.
        A. to            B. with                 C. in                 D. of         
31. It can ______ the go-between for your personal and career schedules.
        A. stand up          B. serve as        C. participate in          D. put to
22. ______ at the meeting are some experienced teachers.
        A. Present         B. Presented        C. Being presented        D. Having been present
33. You can make progress ______ you are modest.
        A. because of        B. only if                C. if only                        D. on that
34. He said he would be poor ______ get money in such a dishonest         way.
        A. in order to                                        B. than               
        C. instead of                                         D. rather than
35. The speaker raised his voice but still couldn’t make himself ______
A. heard                B. to hear                C. hearing                D. hear

IV完形填空
Passage 1
It was soon clear I couldn't stay in China forever. To become a world-class musician, I had to play ¬___1___ the world's big stages. So in 1997, my father and I moved again, this time to Philadelphia, ___2___ I could attend the Curtis Institute of Music. ___3___ our money worries were easing. The school paid for an apartment and even lent me a Steinway (斯坦威钢琴). At night, I would ___4___ into the living room just to touch the keys.
Now that I was in America, I wanted to become famous, but my new teachers reminded me that I had a lot to learn. I spent two years ___5___, and by 1999 I had worked hard enough for fortune to take over. The Chicago Symphony orchestra heard me play and liked me, but orchestra schedules were set far in advance. I thought I might join them in a few years.
A. Finally                B. sneak                C. on        D. practicing                E. so

Passage 2
Last night, a fire broke out in Ann’s house in Manchester.
Ann’s parents were out of town for the weekend when something wrong in the room caused the fire to start in the middle of the night. The girl was __1__ up by the family dog, Danny, who was barking loudly in the back garden. Ann smelled something burning. She __2__ up and at once ran through the smoke-filled house to wake her old brother, Frank.
When Frank would not wake up, Ann got some help from the dog. Frank’s unconscious body was far __3__ heavy for the little girl to move alone, but the clever girl brought the dog inside and __4__ the dog’s leash to Frank’s left ankle. She then held her brother’s right ankle, and together the girl and the dog __5__ Frank to safety.
The 10-year-old girl, Ann, saved her big brother from death.
A.        too                  B. got                    C. waken           D. pulled             E. tied

Passage 3
It was soon clear I couldn't stay in China forever. To become a world-class musician, I had to play ¬___1___ the world's big stages. So in 1997, my father and I moved again, this time to Philadelphia, ___2___ I could attend the Curtis Institute of Music. ___3___ our money worries were easing. The school paid for an apartment and even lent me a Steinway (斯坦威钢琴). At night, I would ___4__ into the living room just to touch the keys.
Now that I was in America, I wanted to become famous, but my new teachers reminded me that I had a lot to learn. I spent two years ___5___, and by 1999 I had worked hard enough for fortune to take over. The Chicago Symphony orchestra heard me play and liked me, but orchestra schedules were set far in advance. I thought I might join them in a few years.
A. Finally                B. sneak                C. on        D. practicing                E. so

Passage 4
Just __1___ there are different types of stress, there are different types of people, and some are more reactive __2___ stress than others. Because the body’s stress response is triggered by perceived threat (rather than actual threat), the body’s ability to return to homeostasis, __3__ its normal state, also varies __4__ person to person, with some people calming down immediately and others remaining overstimulated for hours after a stress trigger. Certain personality types also tend to bring __5_ more stress, and respond to stressful situations less effectively, such as perfectionists or those who are 'Type A'.
        A. from                B. to                 C. as                D. or         E. on

Passage 5
Just ___1__ a band or gang of superheroes needs members who have different talents and powers, a circle of friends should have exactly the same thing. It's important to have diversity and to be able ___2___ look for support from a variety ___3___ sources. They also help us to keep broader perspective ___4__ life. You need different types of friends in the ___5___ way that you need food from different food groups. Different types of friends serve different purposes and nourish and enrich our lives in different ways.
A. of                B. on                C. same                D. as                E. to

V英译汉
1. We received a negative answer to our request.
2. People under stress may experience headaches, minor pains.
3. He talks as though he were a teacher.
4. As a matter of fact, he is several inches taller than his father.
5. He took over from the previous headmaster in February.
6. As a matter of fact, he is several inches taller than his father.
7. He took over from the previous headmaster in February.
8. I was very impressed by the waiter's great courtesy in the five-star hotel.   
9. He talks as though he were a teacher.
10. There is an ongoing debate on the issue.
11. The houses in my hometown were chiefly composed of wood.  
12. The only reason I was late is my car had broken down.
13. The professor walked out of the hall, followed by his assistants.
14. Not knowing his address, I can’t write to him.
15. He was unrecognized in his disguise.  
16. He speaks English and Spanish as well.
17. The spoon is right next to the fork.
18. The houses in my hometown were chiefly composed of wood.  
19. The only reason I was late is my car had broken down.

VI 写作
Passage 1
要求在30分钟内,根据下面所给题目和提纲写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
你应邀到一位好友家吃晩饭。事后给朋友写信表示谢意。你的信应包括下列内容:
A Thank-You Note
1.表达谢意;
2.表达想回请的意愿;
3.期待朋友的光临。
Passage 2
要求在30分钟内,根据下面所给题目和提纲写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
Instructions: You have found an electronic dictionary and want to return it to its owner. Write a notice of Found to clearly state:
1. the time and place of your finding;
2. the feature of the dictionary;
3. your information for contact.
Passage 3
要求在30分钟内,根据下面所给要求写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
Instruction:假如你叫王雷,昨天收到你的学生麦克的一封信邀请你参加他的毕业典礼。请写一封回绝信,告知你无法前往,陈述理由并表示歉意。
Passage 4
要求在30分钟内,根据下面所给要求写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
Instructions: 请你以假期旅行为题材写一篇记叙文,内容包含游览的时间、地点以及旅行过程中发生的难忘经历。

发表于 2018-12-15 15:49:11 | 显示全部楼层
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表