发表于 2018-6-13 11:09:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
资源所属专业类别:英语
资源名称:If Iwere a boy again
资源说明:本文来源于《英语名篇佳作100篇背诵手册》
资源关键字:If  again
资源作者:不详
资源类型:文本类素材
资源语言:英文
If I were a boy again, I wouldpractice perseverance more often, and never give up a thing because it was hardor inconvenient. If we want light, we must conquer darkness. Perseverance cansometimes equal genius in its results. “There are only two creatures,” says aproverb, “who can surmount the pyramids—the eagle and the snail.”
If I were a boy again, I wouldschool myself into a habit of attention; I would let nothing come between meand the subject in hand. I would remember that a good skater never tries toskate in two directions at once. The habit of attention becomes part of ourlife, if we began early enough. I often hear grown up people say “I could notfix my attention on the sermon or book, although I wished to do so”, and thereason is, the habit was not formed in youth.
If I were to live my life overagain, I would pay more attention to the cultivation of the memory. I wouldstrengthen that faculty by every possible means, and on every possibleoccasion. It takes a little hard work at first to remember things accurately;but memory soon helps itself, and gives very little trouble. It only needsearly cultivation to become a power.
If I were a boy again, I wouldcultivate courage. “Nothing is so mild and gentle as courage, nothing so crueland pitiless as cowardice,” says a wise author. We too often borrow trouble,and anticipate that may never appear.” The fear of ill exceeds the ill wefear.” Dangers will arise in any career, but presence of mind will oftenconquer the worst of them. Be prepared for any fate, and there is no harm to befeared.
If I were a boy again, I wouldlook on the cheerful side. Life is very much like a mirror: if you smile uponit, it smiles back upon you; but if you frown and look doubtful on it, you willget a similar look in return. Inner sunshine warms not only the heart of theowner, but of all that come in contact with it. “Who shuts love out, in turnshall be shut out from love.”
If I were a boy again, I wouldschool myself to say “no” more oftener. I might write pages on the importanceof learning very early in life to gain that point where a young boy can standerect, and decline doing an unworthy act because it is unworthy.
If I were a boy again, I woulddemand of myself more courtesy towards my companions and friends, and indeedtowards strangers as well. The smallest courtesies along the rough roads oflife are like the little birds that sing to us all winter long, and make thatseason of ice and snow more endurable.
Finally, instead of trying hard to be happy,as if that were the sole purpose of life, I would, if I were a boy again, Iwould still try harder to make others happy.
资源评价这篇文章虽然不是出自某位大家之手,但是整篇文章读下来,琅琅上口,清新流利,非常适合英语学习者朗读背诵。从结构上来看,这篇文章采用了整齐的排比语段,每一自然段都以“If I werea boy again, I would……”开头。排比语段的使用不仅使文章结构更加紧凑,而且增强了文章的气势。从内容上来看,这篇文章的教育性也很强,文章虽然名为“假如我再回到童年”,但是我们都知道人生是没有重来的,我们没有办法回到过去,回到童年。作者其实是想提醒读者:与其日后后悔,不如把握现在。文章中列出了很多美好的品德和学习、生活习惯,读这篇文章的过程其实也是对自身的一个反省过程。

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表