发表于 2019-12-13 12:03:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
《大学英语2》综合练习题
1.[单选题]It’s time ______ the fashion show.<br>
    A.to watch       
    B.watch          
    C.see   
    D.to see
    正确答案:——A——
2.[单选题]He had some statues in his study. One was a lady ______ nothing but a bath towel.<br>
    A.wearing
    B.wears
    C.wore
    D.to wear
    正确答案:——A——
3.[单选题]Son (in the kitchen): Shall I turn on the burner?<br>Mother: ______________. I haven’t finished peeling the potatoes.<br>
    A.No, not still
    B.No, not yet
    C.No, not already
    D.No, not just
    正确答案:——B——
4.[单选题]Many of our most deeply ______ opinions are held simply as a result of the fact that we happen to have been “brought up” to them. <br>
    A.rooting  
    B.roots
    C.rooted
    D.root
    正确答案:————
5.[单选题]I hear that you are ______ collecting stamps. Could I have a look?<br>
    A.pleased with
    B.similar to   
    C.interested in
    D.ready for
6.[单选题]Martin and Mary ______ their baskets of seeds on a fence outside the village. <br>
    A.rested
    B.took
    C.threw
    D.stole
7.[单选题]Today we know more about ______. We’re better at preventing illness.       <br>
    A.medicine
    B.pollution  
    C.environment
    D.population
8.[单选题]Molly: Charles, would you like to go to a party this Saturday? <br>Charles: ___________.What kind of party? <br>Molly: It’s a birthday party. <br>
    A.Seems all right
    B.Looks nice
    C.Sounds good
    D.Feels excellent
9.[单选题]Printing ______ greatly at the beginning of the 11th century. <br>
    A.was developed
    B.is developed       
    C.will be developed       
    D.has been developed
10.[单选题]My father took the photos ______ we lived in Cambridge.<br>
    A.though
    B.since
    C.until
    D.when
11.[单选题]The young man ______ teaches us English is from America.<br>
    A.who
    B.which
    C.whom
    D.whose  
12.[单选题]–How are you getting on there? <br>–Don’t worry. ______ goes well.<br>
    A.Something
    B.Everything
    C.Anything
    D.Nothing
13.[单选题]My grandma thinks people don’t eat as ______ as in the past.<br>
    A.well
    B.better
    C.best
    D.the best
14.[单选题]I made a big cake ______ chocolate and grapes. <br>
    A.to
    B.from  
    C.with
    D.on
15.[单选题]They asked to find out the real ______ of the machine.<br>
    A.invent
    B.inventing         
    C.inventor
    D.invention
16.[单选题]Mum, I can’t eat any more. I’m ______ already.<br>
    A.thirsty
    B.still
    C.starving
    D.full
17.[单选题]Woman: Thank you very much for your help. <br>Man: ________. <br>
    A.Never mind
    B.It doesn’t matter
    C.Not at all
    D.No thanks
18.[单选题]The sign “No Smoking” means “You ______ smoke here.” <br>
    A.can’t
    B.needn’t       
    C.mustn’t
    D.won’t
19.[单选题]Mr. Smith: I’d like a double room for tonight.<br>Clerk: _________________________<br>Mr. Smith: Yes. I called you last week from New York. My name is George Smiths.<br>
    A.Do you have a reservation?
    B.Have you paid beforehand?
    C.Have you made an order?
    D.Do you have an appointment?
20.[单选题]Ben: Mommy, when will we have dinner? I’m starving. <br>Mother: _______.We have to wait for daddy. <br>
    A.O.K., honey
    B.Quickly, honey
    C.Soon, honey
    D.All right, honey
21.[单选题]Don’t drink the soup. It smells ______.<br>
    A.wonderful
    B.terrible
    C.nice
    D.delicious
22.[单选题] Political and religious systems, ______ customs, they all came tumbling down like so many rotten apples off a tree.<br>
    A.social  
    B.society
    C.sociable
    D.socialize
23.[单选题]Lodger: I’m terribly sorry that I broke your precious vase. I’ll pay for it. <br>Landlady:____. <br>
    A.Can’t complain
    B.Take care
    C.Relax yourself
    D.Never mind
24.[单选题]I suggest ______ in English in class.<br>
    A.talk       
    B.to talk     
    C.talking
    D.talks
25.[单选题]My aunt goes for this year’s ______. Light blue is her favorite.<br>
    A.logos
    B.styles  
    C.advertisements
    D.colors  
26.[单选题]–Dou you ______ feel lonely?<br>–Yes, sometimes.<br>
    A.just
    B.ever
    C.never
    D.even
27.[单选题]They paid no ______ to him.<br>
    A.need       
    B.lead
    C.heed
    D.kneed
28.[单选题]I can’t wait ______ the pop singer. <br>
    A.meet       
    B.to meet
    C.meeting
    D.met
29.[单选题]Taxi driver: Here you are, sir. Queens Hotel.<br>Passenger: How much is it?<br>Taxi driver: Three dollars and seventy-five cents.<br>Passenger: Here is four dollars. _____________.<br>
    A.Don’t give me the rest
    B.It’s not necessary to give me the coins
    C.I give up the pocket money
    D.Keep the change
30.[单选题]Molly: Charles, would you like to go to a party this Saturday? <br>Charles: ___________.What kind of party? <br>Molly: It’s a birthday party. <br>
    A.Seems all right
    B.Looks nice
    C.Sounds good
    D.Feels excellent
31.[单选题]–– Zhao (guest): That was a delicious dinner.<br>  –– Mr. Murray (host):____. Would you like to go to the living room now? It’s more comfortable there.<br>           <br>
    A.I'm glad you enjoyed it
    B.Thank you. Don’t mention it
    C.You're welcome
    D.Not so delicious, I'm afraid
32.[单选题]Mr. Smith: I’d like a double room for tonight.<br>Clerk: _________________________<br>Mr. Smith: Yes. I called you last week from New York. My name is George Smiths.<br>
    A.Do you have a reservation?
    B.Have you paid beforehand?
    C.Have you made an order?
    D.Do you have an appointment?
33.[单选题]Lodger: I’m terribly sorry that I broke your precious vase. I’ll pay for it. <br>Landlady:____. <br>
    A.Can’t complain
    B.Take care
    C.Relax yourself
    D.Never mind
34.[单选题]–– Adam: Mmm… This is the best pudding I’ve ever had!<br>–– Celia: ______I know you’d like it.<br>
    A.Didn’t I tell you?
    B.Did I say it right?
    C.Is what I said right?       
    D.What did I say?
35.[单选题]Carl: I’d like a haircut, please.<br>Barber: Would you care for a shave and a shampoo as well?<br>Carl: _____________________ A haircut will be just fine.<br>
    A.No, thanks.
    B.Yes, please.
    C.It’s very kind of you.
    D.I’m glad you can think of it.
36.[单选题]–– Host: Jack, come and sit in the sofa. Dinner will be ready in a minute. Could I get you something to drink? <br>–– Guest: ____.<br>
    A.No, don’t trouble. I’ve drunk enough
    B.No, you couldn't. I'm not thirsty
    C.Yes, you could. I’d like some Coca cola
    D.Yes, please. I'd like some Sprite
37.[单选题]–– James: Hi, Harry. ____             <br>–– Harry: Hi, James. I just bought a new camping tent. I can’t wait to use it.<br>
    A.What’s up?
    B.What’s on?
    C.What’s wrong?
    D.What’s right?
38.[单选题]–– Thomas: Hey, you look concerned.______            <br>–– Jack: The final exam. I’m not fully prepared yet.<br>
    A.What a lovely day!
    B.What has attracted you?
    C.What’s on your mind?
    D.What about seeing the doctor?
39.[单选题]Hairdresser: How would you like to do your hair today? The same style as usual?<br>Mrs. Lincoln: I have a special party to attend tonight, and I’d like to change styles.<br>Hairdresser: Very well. You’re not in a hurry, are you?<br>Mrs. Lincoln: No. ________________.<br>
    A.Be relaxed.
    B.Take it easy.
    C.Take your time.
    D.Don’t worry.
40.[单选题]Woman: Thank you very much for your help. <br>Man: ________. <br>
    A.Never mind
    B.It doesn’t matter
    C.Not at all
    D.No thanks
41.[单选题]Taxi driver: Here you are, sir. Queens Hotel.<br>Passenger: How much is it?<br>Taxi driver: Three dollars and seventy-five cents.<br>Passenger: Here is four dollars. _____________.<br>
    A.Don’t give me the rest
    B.It’s not necessary to give me the coins
    C.I give up the pocket money
    D.Keep the change
42.[单选题]Ben: Mommy, when will we have dinner? I’m starving. <br>Mother: _______.We have to wait for daddy. <br>
    A.O.K., honey
    B.Quickly, honey
    C.Soon, honey
    D.All right, honey
43.[单选题]Son (in the kitchen): Shall I turn on the burner?<br>Mother: ______________. I haven’t finished peeling the potatoes.<br>
    A.No, not still
    B.No, not yet
    C.No, not already
    D.No, not just
44.[单选题]Customer: Excuse me, sir.<br>Clerk: ______________________.<br>Customer: I’d like to cash a check. Would you please tell me which window should I go to?<br>Clerk: You can cash checks over there at window 6.<br>
    A.What? Can I help you?
    B.It’s all right.
    C.Yes, may I help you?  
    D.It doesn’t matter.
45.[阅读理解]    May be you have seen this in schools: some students are studying nearly all the time but they just pass their exams, while some others may spend much less time on their books but do much better in exams.  How could this happen? People used to think that hard work is the only way to success. But now they have understood that smart work can make them succeed too.<br>    Hard workers don’t mind working for long hours, while smart workers always think of several different answers to these questions, such as “Why should I suffer this?” or “Isn’t there a better way to do this?” Thanks to these people, we can use computers instead of the abacus now. progress in every field is the direct result of “trying to find a better way” by smart workers.<br>    There was a large soap factory in Japan. Once it received an unusual letter from someone who complained that there was no soap in the soap in the soapbox he bought.<br>    How could empty soapboxes go out of the factory? The engineers checked the producing and packing. The producing was fine, but in about ten thousand soapboxes, the packing machine let an empty soapbox go. There was no need to spend a lot of money repairing the machine for such a small problem. The engineer soon worked out a solution. He put a huge X-ray machine and two large computers to find out the empty soapboxes. After teaching the workers how to use it, he sat down in his seat, exhausted.<br>    “Sir, we could have solved the problem in a much simpler and cheaper way,” a worker said.<br>    “Really? How?”<br>    “We can put a huge fan near the packing machine. The wind coming from the fan will blow away the empty boxes, leaving the other boxes with soap.”<br>    See, this is smart work. In order to succeed, we should not only work hard like the engineer, but also think smart like this worker.<br><br>Some students spend less time on school work but do better in exams because they study longer.<br>
(1)    May be you have seen this in schools: some students are studying nearly all the time but they just pass their exams, while some others may spend much less time on their books but do much better in exams.  How could this happen? People used to think that hard work is the only way to success. But now they have understood that smart work can make them succeed too.<br>    Hard workers don’t mind working for long hours, while smart workers always think of several different answers to these questions, such as “Why should I suffer this?” or “Isn’t there a better way to do this?” Thanks to these people, we can use computers instead of the abacus now. progress in every field is the direct result of “trying to find a better way” by smart workers.<br>    There was a large soap factory in Japan. Once it received an unusual letter from someone who complained that there was no soap in the soap in the soapbox he bought.<br>    How could empty soapboxes go out of the factory? The engineers checked the producing and packing. The producing was fine, but in about ten thousand soapboxes, the packing machine let an empty soapbox go. There was no need to spend a lot of money repairing the machine for such a small problem. The engineer soon worked out a solution. He put a huge X-ray machine and two large computers to find out the empty soapboxes. After teaching the workers how to use it, he sat down in his seat, exhausted.<br>    “Sir, we could have solved the problem in a much simpler and cheaper way,” a worker said.<br>    “Really? How?”<br>    “We can put a huge fan near the packing machine. The wind coming from the fan will blow away the empty boxes, leaving the other boxes with soap.”<br>    See, this is smart work. In order to succeed, we should not only work hard like the engineer, but also think smart like this worker.<br><br>Some students spend less time on school work but do better in exams because they study longer.<br>
  T
  F

(2)The passage mainly tells us we should work hard like the engineer and think smart like the worker.<br>  
  T
  F

(3)The soap factory could only put a huge fan near the packing machine to solve problem in a much simpler and cheaper way.<br>
  T
  F

(4)The underlined phrase “blow away” means “停止” in Chinese.<br>
  T
  F

(5)Someone wrote to the soap factory and complained that the soapbox he bought was terrible.<br>
  T
  F

正确答案:————46.[阅读理解]    The English language started about 1,500 years ago in England. Three groups of people came to the country. They were the Angles, the Saxons, and the Jutes. These three groups brought their languages with them to the country. <br>    After some time, the three languages became one new language —English. The name “English” comes from the Angles. They lived in most of England.<br>    The language that we speak today—Modern English is not the same as the English that people used 1,500 years ago, including Old English (before 1150) and Middle English (up till 1500). That language—Old English sounds different, and it has some different rules of grammar. There were only a few thousand words in Old English. But Modern English does come from Old English, and it is still like it in many important ways.<br><br><br>When did Modern English start?<br>
(1)    The English language started about 1,500 years ago in England. Three groups of people came to the country. They were the Angles, the Saxons, and the Jutes. These three groups brought their languages with them to the country. <br>    After some time, the three languages became one new language —English. The name “English” comes from the Angles. They lived in most of England.<br>    The language that we speak today—Modern English is not the same as the English that people used 1,500 years ago, including Old English (before 1150) and Middle English (up till 1500). That language—Old English sounds different, and it has some different rules of grammar. There were only a few thousand words in Old English. But Modern English does come from Old English, and it is still like it in many important ways.<br><br><br>When did Modern English start?<br>
  About the year 1150.       
  Between the 12th century and the 16th century.
  About the year 1500.       
  Before the year 1500.

(2)How many languages did Old English come from?<br>
  One.
  Two.
  Three.
  Four.

(3)Which language did the name “English” come from?<br>
  The Saxons.
  The Jutes.
  The Angles.   
  Modern English.

(4)According to the passage, Modern English is different from Old English in____.<br>
  grammar
  pronunciation
  words
  all the above

(5)Which of the following is TRUE?<br>
  Modern English has nothing to do with Old English.
  Modern English has more words than Old English.
  Modern English has fewer words than Old English.
  There is no difference between Old English and Modern English.

正确答案:————47.[阅读理解]    Camp Broadway is a children’s camp in the United States. It gives children a chance to find out about the performing arts. These include drama, dancing and singing. If you are 10 to 17 and enjoy performing, this could be of interest to you. It lasts 5 days and our professional artists are going to help you develop your talent or discover one.<br>    It lets you develop your ability to create and increase your confidence. Even if you don’t think you have performing talents, these will be useful skills to have. Whatever your future job might be, it will help you to speak more confidently, clearly and effectively in public. This will give you the best results if you need to speak or introduce anything to a group of people.<br>You also have a chance to make new friends here. And our artists will answer your questions and give you first-hand advice. This will be of great help if you want to progress. At the end, you have a chance to show your family what you have achieved.<br>The program isn’t just open to beginners, but also t those who have some experience.<br>    If you are interested in this summer camp, then visit www.campbroadway.com.<br><br> A 15-year-old high school student will probably join in the camp.<br>
(1)    Camp Broadway is a children’s camp in the United States. It gives children a chance to find out about the performing arts. These include drama, dancing and singing. If you are 10 to 17 and enjoy performing, this could be of interest to you. It lasts 5 days and our professional artists are going to help you develop your talent or discover one.<br>    It lets you develop your ability to create and increase your confidence. Even if you don’t think you have performing talents, these will be useful skills to have. Whatever your future job might be, it will help you to speak more confidently, clearly and effectively in public. This will give you the best results if you need to speak or introduce anything to a group of people.<br>You also have a chance to make new friends here. And our artists will answer your questions and give you first-hand advice. This will be of great help if you want to progress. At the end, you have a chance to show your family what you have achieved.<br>The program isn’t just open to beginners, but also t those who have some experience.<br>    If you are interested in this summer camp, then visit www.campbroadway.com.<br><br> A 15-year-old high school student will probably join in the camp.<br>
  T
  F

(2)2. In this passage, the underlined word “confidence” means “想象力” in Chinese.
  T
  F

(3)3. The second paragraph of the passage tells us why Camp Broadway is helpful.
  T
  F

(4)4. In the camp, you have a chance to learn how to help your friends with their lessons.
  T
  F

(5)5. The program is only open to those who have some experience.
  T
  F

正确答案:————48.[阅读理解]    Mr. Smith is telling two funny stories of his police work.<br>                      Story A<br>    I remember catching a “thief” in a clothes shop once. It was strange. The man was hiding a yellow sweater inside his coat. I thought he had stolen it, so I caught him. We found later that his wife gave him the sweater for his birthday, but he hated it. He just wanted to turn it to the shop for money, but he didn’t want his wife to see him! We soon let him go.<br>                      Story B<br>    Another day, a man called Bob went into a bank on Sixth Street. He wrote on the back of an envelope, “Give me the money! Or I’ll kill you.” and gave it to the bank clerk. She gave him $100,000 and the man ran away. Then we received a phone call from the bank clerk. She told us to go to the man’s house in Candy Town and get him. We caught him as soon as he got out of the elevator. He couldn’t believe that we found him so quickly. We told him that the front of the envelope he used had his name and address on it!<br><br><br>What does Mr. Smith do?<br>
(1)    Mr. Smith is telling two funny stories of his police work.<br>                      Story A<br>    I remember catching a “thief” in a clothes shop once. It was strange. The man was hiding a yellow sweater inside his coat. I thought he had stolen it, so I caught him. We found later that his wife gave him the sweater for his birthday, but he hated it. He just wanted to turn it to the shop for money, but he didn’t want his wife to see him! We soon let him go.<br>                      Story B<br>    Another day, a man called Bob went into a bank on Sixth Street. He wrote on the back of an envelope, “Give me the money! Or I’ll kill you.” and gave it to the bank clerk. She gave him $100,000 and the man ran away. Then we received a phone call from the bank clerk. She told us to go to the man’s house in Candy Town and get him. We caught him as soon as he got out of the elevator. He couldn’t believe that we found him so quickly. We told him that the front of the envelope he used had his name and address on it!<br><br><br>What does Mr. Smith do?<br>
  A bank clerk.
  A policeman.
  A thief.
  A taxi driver.

(2)2. Mr. Smith caught the man in the clothes shop____.<br>
  by exchange
  by mistake
  by accident
  on purpose

(3)3. Why did the man return the sweater to the shop?<br>
  Because he didn’t want his wife to see it.         
  Because he liked money more than the sweater.
  Because he hated it and wanted to get the money back.
  Because he wanted to buy a new sweater.

(4)4. Bob was caught so quickly because____.<br>
  his address was found o the envelope he used         
  he received a phone call from the bank clerk
  the police waited for him outside the elevator           
  he used the money to buy a lot of things.

(5)5. What do you think of Bob?<br>
  He is brave.       
  He is careful.
  He is shy.
  He is stupid.

正确答案:————49.[阅读理解]    One day Bob took two of his friends into the mountains. They put up their tents and then rode off to a forest to see how the trees were growing.<br>    In the afternoon when they were about ten kilometers from their camp, it started to snow. More and more snow fell. Soon Bob could hardly see his hands before his face. He could not find the road. Bob knew there were two roads. One road went to the camp, and the other went to his house. But all was white snow. Everything was the same. How could he take his friends back to the camp?<br>    Bob had an idea. The horses! Let the horses take them back! But what would happen if the horses took the road to his house? That would be a trip of thirty-five kilometers in such cold weather!<br>It was getting late. They rode o and on. At last the horses stopped. Where were they? None of them could tell. John looked around. What was that under the tree? It was one of their tents!<br><br>1. John and his two friends went to the forest to watch the trees in the forest.<br>
(1)    One day Bob took two of his friends into the mountains. They put up their tents and then rode off to a forest to see how the trees were growing.<br>    In the afternoon when they were about ten kilometers from their camp, it started to snow. More and more snow fell. Soon Bob could hardly see his hands before his face. He could not find the road. Bob knew there were two roads. One road went to the camp, and the other went to his house. But all was white snow. Everything was the same. How could he take his friends back to the camp?<br>    Bob had an idea. The horses! Let the horses take them back! But what would happen if the horses took the road to his house? That would be a trip of thirty-five kilometers in such cold weather!<br>It was getting late. They rode o and on. At last the horses stopped. Where were they? None of them could tell. John looked around. What was that under the tree? It was one of their tents!<br><br>1. John and his two friends went to the forest to watch the trees in the forest.<br>
  T
  F

(2)2. They could not find their way back because there was only one road to their camp.
  T
  F

(3)3. It is clear that they wanted the horses to take them to the camp.
  T
  F

(4)4. The horses stopped because they were tired after running for a long way.   
  T
  F

(5)5. The story happened at night when nothing could be seen.
  T
  F

正确答案:————50.[阅读理解]    There are millions of stars and planets in space. What’s the difference between stars and planets? Stars can give out heat and light, but planets cannot. The sun is one of the stars. Some planets are balls of rock and some are balls of gas. We live on the earth. The earth spins around once everyday to give us day and night. The earth goes around the sun once every year to give us different seasons.<br>    There are eight planets moving around the sun. We call the family of the sun and its planets the solar system. Mercury is the nearest to the sun, so it is very hot. It is the smallest planet. Venus is very bright and hot. It is the nearest to the earth. Mars is covered with orange-red dust and rocks, so it looks like a red star in the sky. It has seasons like the earth does. Jupiter has at least 63 moons(卫星) and it is the biggest and heaviest planet of them. Saturn has at least 62 moons. The other planets, such as Uranus and Neptune, are all very far from the sun and very cold. We need a telescope to see them.<br><br>1. The sun can give us____ .<br>
(1)    There are millions of stars and planets in space. What’s the difference between stars and planets? Stars can give out heat and light, but planets cannot. The sun is one of the stars. Some planets are balls of rock and some are balls of gas. We live on the earth. The earth spins around once everyday to give us day and night. The earth goes around the sun once every year to give us different seasons.<br>    There are eight planets moving around the sun. We call the family of the sun and its planets the solar system. Mercury is the nearest to the sun, so it is very hot. It is the smallest planet. Venus is very bright and hot. It is the nearest to the earth. Mars is covered with orange-red dust and rocks, so it looks like a red star in the sky. It has seasons like the earth does. Jupiter has at least 63 moons(卫星) and it is the biggest and heaviest planet of them. Saturn has at least 62 moons. The other planets, such as Uranus and Neptune, are all very far from the sun and very cold. We need a telescope to see them.<br><br>1. The sun can give us____ .<br>
  heat and water
  heat and light
  light and air       
  rock and water

(2)2. The Chinese meaning of the underlined phrase “spins around” is____.<br>
  飞行
  行驶
  旋转
  公转

(3)3. The earth goes around____once every year to give us different seasons.<br>
  the moon
  Mars
  Jupiter       
  the sun

(4)4. Mars looks red in the sky because____.<br>
  it is covered with orange-red dust and rocks
  it has seasons like the earth does
  it is the nearest to the earth
  it is covered with read water and dust

(5)5. Which is NOT true according to the passage?<br>
  Jupiter is the biggest and heaviest planet.
  Uranus is very far from the sun and very cold.
  The rotation of the earth gives us day and night.
  We call the family of the sun and its planets the Milky Way.

正确答案:————51.[单选题]They paid no ______ to him.
    A.need       
    B.lead
    C.heed
    D.kneed
52.[单选题]I suggest ______ in English in class.
    A.talk
    B.to talk   
    C.talking
    D.talks
53.[单选题]Printing ______ greatly at the beginning of the 11th century.
    A.was developed
    B.is developed       
    C.will be developed
    D.has been developed
54.[单选题]In China, when someone gives you a present, it’s thought impolite to open it ______.<br>
    A.luckily
    B.properly
    C.immediately
    D.clearly
55.[单选题]–Would you like to go to the bookstore with me?<br>– ______ I also want to buy an English dictionary.<br>
    A.That’s true.
    B.It’s a good idea.
    C.It doesn’t matter.       
    D.No, thank you.
56.[单选题]Political and religious systems, ______ customs, they all came tumbling down like so many rotten apples off a tree.<br>
    A.social  
    B.society
    C.sociable
    D.socialize
57.[单选题]–Dou you ______ feel lonely?<br>–Yes, sometimes.<br>
    A.just
    B.ever
    C.never
    D.even
58.[单选题]Don’t drink the soup. It smells ______.<br>
    A.wonderful
    B.terrible
    C.nice
    D.delicious
59.[单选题]It’s time ______ the fashion show.
    A.to watch       
    B.watch
    C.see
    D.to see
60.[单选题]I can’t wait ______ the pop singer. <br>
    A.meet
    B.to meet
    C.meeting
    D.met
61.[单选题]Many of our most deeply ______ opinions are held simply as a result of the fact that we happen to have been “brought up” to them. <br>
    A.rooting
    B.roots
    C.rooted
    D.root
62.[单选题]Today we know more about ______. We’re better at preventing illness.  
    A.medicine
    B.pollution  
    C.environment
    D.population
63.[单选题]The first rule of camping is to keep a clean camp site, so let’s tidy ______ up.<br>
    A.it
    B.them  
    C.him
    D.her
64.[单选题]I made a big cake ______ chocolate and grapes. <br>
    A.to
    B.from  
    C.with
    D.on
65.[单选题]The young man ______ teaches us English is from America.
    A.who
    B.which
    C.whom
    D.whose  
66.[单选题]The sign “No Smoking” means “You ______ smoke here.” <br>
    A.can’t
    B.needn’t
    C.mustn’t
    D.won’t
67.[单选题]Xi Jinping visited Russia ______ March 22nd, 2013.<br>
    A.of
    B.at     
    C.on  
    D.to
68.[单选题]I hear that you are ______ collecting stamps. Could I have a look?<br>
    A.pleased with
    B.similar to   
    C.interested in
    D.ready for
69.[单选题]They asked to find out the real ______ of the machine.<br>
    A.invent
    B.inventing         
    C.inventor
    D.invention
70.[单选题]He had some statues in his study. One was a lady ______ nothing but a bath towel.<br>
    A.wearing
    B.wears
    C.wore
    D.to wear
71.[单选题]My father took the photos ______ we lived in Cambridge.<br>
    A.though
    B.since
    C.until
    D.when
72.[单选题]–How are you getting on there? <br>–Don’t worry. ______ goes well.<br>
    A.Something
    B.Everything
    C.Anything
    D.Nothing
73.[单选题]Martin and Mary ______ their baskets of seeds on a fence outside the village.
    A.rested
    B.took
    C.threw
    D.stole
74.[问答题]How to Keep Healthy<br>

75.[问答题]A Person Inspires Me Most<br><br>

76.[问答题]Spring Festival<br><br>

77.[问答题]A Birthday Party for My Mother<br><br>

78.[问答题]How to Communicate with Foreigners<br><br>

79.[问答题]My Hometown<br>     <br>

80.[完形填空]                       Father’s Eyes<br>    This story is about a skinny young boy who loved football__1__all his heart. Practice after practice, he eagerly gave everything he had. But being half the size of the other boys, he got absolutely nowhere. <br>    At all the games, this hopeful athlete sat on the__2__and hardly ever played. This teenager lived alone with his father, and the two of them had a very special relationship. Even though the son was always on the bench, his father was always in the stands cheering. He never missed a game. <br>    This young man was still the smallest of the class when he entered high school. But his father continued to__3__him but also made it very clear that he did not have to play football if he didn't want to. But the young man loved football and decided to hang in there. He was determined to try his best at every practice, and perhaps he'd get to play when he became a senior. <br>    All through high school he never missed a practice or a game but remained a bench-warmer all four years. His__4__father was always in the stands, always with words of encouragement for him. <br>    When the young man went to college, he decided to try out for the football team as a walk-on(跑龙套的角色). Everyone was sure he could never__5__the cut(入选), but he did. The coach admitted that he kept him on the roster(花名册) because he always puts his heart and soul to every practice, and at the same time, provided the other members with the spirit they badly needed. <br><br>1.(    );
(1)                       Father’s Eyes<br>    This story is about a skinny young boy who loved football__1__all his heart. Practice after practice, he eagerly gave everything he had. But being half the size of the other boys, he got absolutely nowhere. <br>    At all the games, this hopeful athlete sat on the__2__and hardly ever played. This teenager lived alone with his father, and the two of them had a very special relationship. Even though the son was always on the bench, his father was always in the stands cheering. He never missed a game. <br>    This young man was still the smallest of the class when he entered high school. But his father continued to__3__him but also made it very clear that he did not have to play football if he didn't want to. But the young man loved football and decided to hang in there. He was determined to try his best at every practice, and perhaps he'd get to play when he became a senior. <br>    All through high school he never missed a practice or a game but remained a bench-warmer all four years. His__4__father was always in the stands, always with words of encouragement for him. <br>    When the young man went to college, he decided to try out for the football team as a walk-on(跑龙套的角色). Everyone was sure he could never__5__the cut(入选), but he did. The coach admitted that he kept him on the roster(花名册) because he always puts his heart and soul to every practice, and at the same time, provided the other members with the spirit they badly needed. <br><br>1.(    );
  without
  with
  at
  in

(2)2.(    );
  stool       
  wheelchair       
  armchair
  bench

(3)3.(    );
  perfect  
  irritate
  encourage       
  forgive

(4)4.(    );
  faithful  
  joyful
  grateful   
  graceful

(5)5.(    );
  produce           
  manufacture
  do
  make

正确答案:————81.[完形填空]                    Journey to Australia<br>    Australia is one of the famous Oceanian countries. The country is famous for its__1__production and seashore tour. As the climate there is warm and comfortable, many people spend vocations there every year. I’m a super fan of water__2__, so I choose it as my destination.<br>    In Australia, the sky is bluer than blue, the clouds are whiter than white, all the local people enjoy an__3__and active life. They also show their kindness and enthusiasm to the tourists.<br>    The first step should be__4__Opera which is among the most brilliant and splendid architectures in the world. Many world-class__5__are put on in it .The surface and shape of it is like a seashell with glory decorations inside. Then Melbourne is a good choice to be as the next step. In Melbourne, skin screen(粉底) is a must to take with as the sunshine is upset and may burn your skin. The most attractive thing to me is the Australia Open(澳网公开赛), which is one of the biggest world-class tennis competition. Many great players such as Roddick Federer and its local player Hewitt etc. gather to compete. It’s really a feast for the eyes.<br> <br>1.(    );
(1)                    Journey to Australia<br>    Australia is one of the famous Oceanian countries. The country is famous for its__1__production and seashore tour. As the climate there is warm and comfortable, many people spend vocations there every year. I’m a super fan of water__2__, so I choose it as my destination.<br>    In Australia, the sky is bluer than blue, the clouds are whiter than white, all the local people enjoy an__3__and active life. They also show their kindness and enthusiasm to the tourists.<br>    The first step should be__4__Opera which is among the most brilliant and splendid architectures in the world. Many world-class__5__are put on in it .The surface and shape of it is like a seashell with glory decorations inside. Then Melbourne is a good choice to be as the next step. In Melbourne, skin screen(粉底) is a must to take with as the sunshine is upset and may burn your skin. The most attractive thing to me is the Australia Open(澳网公开赛), which is one of the biggest world-class tennis competition. Many great players such as Roddick Federer and its local player Hewitt etc. gather to compete. It’s really a feast for the eyes.<br> <br>1.(    );
  ship       
  wool         
  wood   
  steel  

(2)2.(    );
  entertainment                 
  entertain       
  entertaining
  entertainer

(3)3.(    );
  pessimistic                       
  passive  
  optimistic
  persuasive

(4)4.(    );
  Texas                     
  Illinois       
  California       
  Sydney

(5)5.(    );
  plays                     
  pictures   
  novels     
  games

正确答案:————82.[完形填空]   Carol and Susan are very good friends. They are in the same__1__at school and they often visit each other’s home at weekends. Now they are__2__eight years old. Carol’s mother has got a new baby. Carol is very glad to have a little sister. So she is always talking about her to Susan. At first Susan is very__3__in the new baby because she doesn’t have any brothers or sisters. But after some time she begins to get rid of Carol’s endless talking about it. She also feels a little jealous of her friend.<br>One morning when the two girls__4__in the school ground, Carol says to Susan, “Do you know, Sue, my baby sister has put on early half a pound in weight this week.” <br>“That is not very__5__,” answers Susan. “I know a baby and he puts on ten pounds a day.”<br>“Oh, that can’t be true,” answers Carol laughingly. “Whose baby is it?” “An elephant’s,” says Susan.<br><br>1.(    );
(1)   Carol and Susan are very good friends. They are in the same__1__at school and they often visit each other’s home at weekends. Now they are__2__eight years old. Carol’s mother has got a new baby. Carol is very glad to have a little sister. So she is always talking about her to Susan. At first Susan is very__3__in the new baby because she doesn’t have any brothers or sisters. But after some time she begins to get rid of Carol’s endless talking about it. She also feels a little jealous of her friend.<br>One morning when the two girls__4__in the school ground, Carol says to Susan, “Do you know, Sue, my baby sister has put on early half a pound in weight this week.” <br>“That is not very__5__,” answers Susan. “I know a baby and he puts on ten pounds a day.”<br>“Oh, that can’t be true,” answers Carol laughingly. “Whose baby is it?” “An elephant’s,” says Susan.<br><br>1.(    );
  grade
  table  
  class   
  group  

(2)2.(    );
  all               
  two       
  both       
  either

(3)3.(    );
  interesting                       
  interested        
  happy        
  satisfied

(4)4.(    );
  play                      
  meet         
  weight                
  walk

(5)5.(    );
  much                     
  many      
  true      
  sure

正确答案:————83.[完形填空]      Little Ways to Say I Love You and Healthy Family Relationship<br>    For many people, maintaining healthy family relationship can seem to have become a routine. With the many external pressures such as kids, jobs and errands sometimes it can be difficult to reconnect.<br>    Here are a few great ideas on little ways to say I love you and maintaining a long__1__healthy family relationship. A small letter is one of the easiest ways to convey your love. Your “love letter” doesn’t have to be 10 pages long, or even 2 pages, just a few words that mean something to the both of you will do__2__. <br>    If you are not a good writer, simply__3__a nice card that says the feeling that you feel from one of the many card stores. If your spouse loves flowers, send her some flowers to her work place or home when she least expects it. While anniversary and birthday flowers are always well received, send over a beautiful bouquet if you really want to surprise her.<br>    If your spouse collects little keepsakes or small trinkets, you might want to get her some as a small surprise gift. You can__4__up these keepsakes nicely and leave them on a pillow or in a special place. Little gifts such as these will always be remembered for years. If you are looking for some small ways to say I love you, take a look at the__5__suggestions.<br><br>1.(    );
(1)      Little Ways to Say I Love You and Healthy Family Relationship<br>    For many people, maintaining healthy family relationship can seem to have become a routine. With the many external pressures such as kids, jobs and errands sometimes it can be difficult to reconnect.<br>    Here are a few great ideas on little ways to say I love you and maintaining a long__1__healthy family relationship. A small letter is one of the easiest ways to convey your love. Your “love letter” doesn’t have to be 10 pages long, or even 2 pages, just a few words that mean something to the both of you will do__2__. <br>    If you are not a good writer, simply__3__a nice card that says the feeling that you feel from one of the many card stores. If your spouse loves flowers, send her some flowers to her work place or home when she least expects it. While anniversary and birthday flowers are always well received, send over a beautiful bouquet if you really want to surprise her.<br>    If your spouse collects little keepsakes or small trinkets, you might want to get her some as a small surprise gift. You can__4__up these keepsakes nicely and leave them on a pillow or in a special place. Little gifts such as these will always be remembered for years. If you are looking for some small ways to say I love you, take a look at the__5__suggestions.<br><br>1.(    );
  last
  keeping
  lasting
  lavish

(2)2.(    );
  comedy                       
  tragedy       
  wonders
  ponder

(3)3.(    );
  purchase                       
  chase        
  merchant       
  research

(4)4.(    );
  unbutton                       
  unzip               
  untie  
  wrap

(5)5.(    );
  over                           
  above        
  up
  forward

正确答案:————84.[完形填空]    If you’re__1__most students, you put off studying until the very last minute. The night before the exam, you’ll stay up all night cramming, getting little or no sleep. In the morning, you’ll drag yourself out of bed, psych yourself up with lots of coffee and some cigarettes, and go into the exam feeling __2__, drained and jittery all at the same time. You’ll find it hard to focus or think, and you’ll be cursing yourself for not starting to study sooner.<br>    And not surprisingly,__3__you’re blessed with natural brilliance, or you happen to know the subject matter extremely well, you’ll probably do terribly on the test. If this is your typical method of       studying, you already know it doesn’t work. Every time you go through this ritual, you tell yourself that you’re going to smarten up the next time you__4__a big exam. Next time you’ll start to study weeks in advance, you say. But instead, you keep repeating this crazy pattern. Why does this keep happening? And what should you be doing instead if you want to get better marks?<br>    A big problem for most people, especially those who are young students, is that life gets in the way. If you’re a student, you probably have a part time job, and like most young people, you also want to have a social life.<br>    Studying can seem very boring compared to all the exciting__5__ just outside your door. Or the games on your computer. Even watching old reruns of Sesame Street can seem more interesting than the biology text your teacher is expecting you to master!<br><br>1.(    );<br>  <br>
(1)    If you’re__1__most students, you put off studying until the very last minute. The night before the exam, you’ll stay up all night cramming, getting little or no sleep. In the morning, you’ll drag yourself out of bed, psych yourself up with lots of coffee and some cigarettes, and go into the exam feeling __2__, drained and jittery all at the same time. You’ll find it hard to focus or think, and you’ll be cursing yourself for not starting to study sooner.<br>    And not surprisingly,__3__you’re blessed with natural brilliance, or you happen to know the subject matter extremely well, you’ll probably do terribly on the test. If this is your typical method of       studying, you already know it doesn’t work. Every time you go through this ritual, you tell yourself that you’re going to smarten up the next time you__4__a big exam. Next time you’ll start to study weeks in advance, you say. But instead, you keep repeating this crazy pattern. Why does this keep happening? And what should you be doing instead if you want to get better marks?<br>    A big problem for most people, especially those who are young students, is that life gets in the way. If you’re a student, you probably have a part time job, and like most young people, you also want to have a social life.<br>    Studying can seem very boring compared to all the exciting__5__ just outside your door. Or the games on your computer. Even watching old reruns of Sesame Street can seem more interesting than the biology text your teacher is expecting you to master!<br><br>1.(    );<br>  <br>
  alike
  likely
  likeable

(2)2.(    );<br>
  happy
  boring
  irritated
  exhausted

(3)3.(    );<br>
  afterwards
  unless
  since
  therefore

(4)4.(    );<br>
  eyebrow                       
  nose               
   mouth       
  face

(5)5.(    );<br>
  regulations               
  circulations       
  publications
  temptations  

正确答案:————85.[完形填空]                  The Origin of Santa Claus<br>    The jolly, red-suited man who__1__into your Home every year to leave you gifts hasn’t always been so jolly. The real Saint Nick was a Turkish monk who lived in the 3rd century. He was__2__for being charitable and selfless, eventually becoming the patron saint of sailors and children. According to legend, he was a rich man thanks to an__3__from his parents, but he gave it all away in the form of gifts to the less-fortunate. He eventually became the most popular saint in Europe and, through his alter ego(他我,另一个自我), Santa Claus, remains so to this day. But how did a long-dead Turkish monk become a big, fat, reindeer(驯鹿)-riding pole dweller?<br>    The Dutch got the ball rolling be celebrating the saint—called Sinter Klaas—in New York in the late18th century. Our old friend, Washington Irving, included the legend of Saint Nick in his seminal History of New York as well, but at the turn of the 18th century, Saint Nick was still a rather__4__figure in America.<br>    On December 23, 1823, though, a man named Clement Clarke Moore published a poem he had written for his daughters called “An Account of a Visit from St. Nicholas,” better known now as “T was the Night Before Christmas.” Nobody knows how much of the poem Moore invented, but we do know that it was the spark that__5__lit the Santa fire (just hopefully not in the same fireplace he slips down on Christmas Eve). Many of the things we associate with Santa—a sleigh, reindeer, Christmas Eve visits—came from Moore’s poem.<br><br>1.(    );
(1)                  The Origin of Santa Claus<br>    The jolly, red-suited man who__1__into your Home every year to leave you gifts hasn’t always been so jolly. The real Saint Nick was a Turkish monk who lived in the 3rd century. He was__2__for being charitable and selfless, eventually becoming the patron saint of sailors and children. According to legend, he was a rich man thanks to an__3__from his parents, but he gave it all away in the form of gifts to the less-fortunate. He eventually became the most popular saint in Europe and, through his alter ego(他我,另一个自我), Santa Claus, remains so to this day. But how did a long-dead Turkish monk become a big, fat, reindeer(驯鹿)-riding pole dweller?<br>    The Dutch got the ball rolling be celebrating the saint—called Sinter Klaas—in New York in the late18th century. Our old friend, Washington Irving, included the legend of Saint Nick in his seminal History of New York as well, but at the turn of the 18th century, Saint Nick was still a rather__4__figure in America.<br>    On December 23, 1823, though, a man named Clement Clarke Moore published a poem he had written for his daughters called “An Account of a Visit from St. Nicholas,” better known now as “T was the Night Before Christmas.” Nobody knows how much of the poem Moore invented, but we do know that it was the spark that__5__lit the Santa fire (just hopefully not in the same fireplace he slips down on Christmas Eve). Many of the things we associate with Santa—a sleigh, reindeer, Christmas Eve visits—came from Moore’s poem.<br><br>1.(    );
  hops
  jumps  
  sneaks
  skips

(2)2.(    );
  known                   
  observed        
  remarked       
  commented  

(3)3.(    );
  persistance               
  inheritance
  insistence
  instance

(4)4.(    );
  well-known               
  popular  
  obscure
  famous

(5)5.(    );
  actually                   
  generally
  eventfully   
  eventually

正确答案:————86.[问答题]Food should be taken in moderate quantity only when one feels hungry. <br>

87.[问答题]This concert hall, called the Ford Auditorium, is a reminder of the past.<br>

88.[问答题]Music accompanies many important occasions. <br>

89.[问答题]There's no doubt that work has found its way into every hour of our day, thanks to beepers, cell phones and e-mail.<br>

90.[问答题]Scarcely had she heard the sad story when she burst out crying.<br>

91.[问答题]Every room was lavishly decorated.<br>

92.[问答题]As water gets colder, its temperature drops lower and lower, until it begins to freeze.<br>

93.[问答题] Art music is generally harder to write and perform. <br>

94.[问答题]The most important thing for youth is the dietetic righteousness.<br>

95.[问答题]We are planning to go on a trip to Europe next month. <br>

96.[问答题]Chinese people stress filial piety all the time. <br>

97.[问答题]Natural Living is the answer to several of our modern problems, especially the health problems. <br>

98.[问答题]He appeared dazed but said nothing. <br>

99.[问答题]It will enable you to plan your activities so that you have adequate time for both work and play.<br>

100.[问答题]People are usually diagnosed with it between the ages of 30 and 55.<br>

101.[问答题]Antarctica isn't only the coldest place on Earth, it's also one of the world's driest deserts.<br>

102.[问答题]Americans aren't the only people in the world who travel. <br>

103.[问答题]The invention of chopsticks reflects the wisdom of Chinese ancient people.<br>

104.[问答题]A few months earlier I had been putting the finishing touches on portraits I had painted of each of my parents. <br>

105.[问答题]We can make music ourselves if we play an instrument or sing.<br>

106.[问答题]Even students of average intelligence can be top students without additional work.

107.[问答题]Our youth should be physically powerful, mentally strong, emotionally calm, logic thinking and should aim at one’s highest capabilities. <br>

108.[问答题]The cold and dry climate of Antarctica makes it one of the toughest places on Earth to live, and you can see that by contrasting what lives there with what lives in the Arctic.<br>

109.[问答题]But an event in my life when I was 17 years old changed my perspective on what it takes to be inspirational.<br>

110.[问答题]Throughout their history, Americans have been people on the move.<br>

111.[问答题]Regular review leads to improved performance on tests.<br>

112.[问答题]To most Chinese people, returning home after long absence or departure from home are both significant and there are food customs associated with this.<br>

《大学英语2》综合练习题.zip

17.59 KB, 下载次数: 2, 下载积分: 贡献 1

售价: 5 金币  [记录]  [购买]

答案

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表