重庆大学网院大学英语专升本入学模拟题(二)

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-10-16 20:18:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
重庆大学网络教育学院(专科起点本科)
入学考试模拟题(二)
大学英语(共100分)

一、交际英语(共10题,每题2分,共20分)

1、— What do you think of the documentary A Bite of China
  — ________. It has attracted lots of TV audiences.
A. Enjoy yourself      B. Many thanks        C. Pretty good     D. It‘s hard to say
2、— A homeless man won a lottery ticket. He became rich over night.
  — ________.
A. Better safe than sorry         B. The early bird catches the worm
C. Every dog has its day         D. Too many cooks spoil the broth
3、—Don’t be nervous whenever you have a test.
  —______.
A. You’d better not     B. Please don’t    C.Yes.I’d love to  D. Well, I won’t
4、—Have you finished your homework?
  — ______.Just half of it. How about you?
A. Not at all           B. Not likely        C. Not a bit        D. Not yet
5、—Hi, Jack! How’s it going?
  —___________. We are having a great time in the water park.
A. Terrible         B. Pretty good         C. It’s boring       D. It’s a good idea
6、—When did you have your school trip?
  —____________.
A. In five days       B. For five days       C. Twice a day       D. Five days ago
7、—How is everything going in the hospital, dear? —________.
A. I’m all right, thanks           B. Not too bad, I guess
C. Not at all                       D. That’s all right, thank you
8、—I had a pleasant weekend on the farm.
  —_______.
A. Oh, that’s very nice of you       B. It’s a pleasure.
C. Congratulations                   D. I’m glad to hear that.
9、A direct order like “ Daisy, pass me the book” sounds rude. We’d better say: “________”
A. Daisy, could you please pass me the book?
B. Daisy, I wonder if can you pass me the book.
C. Daisy, give me the book!
D. Daisy, I wonder you can pass me the book.
10、.—Excuse me, ____________?   
—That's 110 yuan altogether, sir,
A. can I order, please                  B. could I have the bill, please
C. how much is the meal we've had         D. please count the money, will you

二、词汇与语法(共20题,每题1分,共20分) www.op5u.com
11、John likes playing soccer very much and he _____ about one hour playing it every day.
A. spent         B. will spend        C. has spent        D. spends
12、They _____ England and they will be back next week.
A. have gone to        B. have been to       C. have gone in     D. has been on
13、A friendly basketball match between teachers and students_________ tomorrow afternoon.Anybody is welcome.
A.was held          B. will be held        C.is held         D. must be held
14、—All the oil in the world will have __________ some day.
    —Yeah. What shall we use for power at that time?
A. given away                     B. put away                    C. run out                  D. set out
15、—I think you can ________ money by yourself to buy a birthday present for your mother.
    —OK. I’ll try. I’ll not let a penny waste.
A. spend                         B. save                        C. cost                    D. leave
16、—Is he still raising money for charity?
    —Yes. He never  hope of helping poor children.
A.        gives up           B. gives out         C. takes off       D. takes out
17、The lady _____ dancing as a hobby in her sixties, and she is really good at it now.
A.dressed up         B.looked up          C.took up        D. put up
18、I have no idea what life would be like without water. The underlined part means “_____ ”.
A. don’t remember      B. don’t know        C. don’t believe     D.don’t expect
19、—Will you please help me to repair the computer now?
—Sorry. I’m too busy and I haven’t a minute to __________.
A. spare           B. share            C. spend           D. save
20、If you don’t work hard for most of the year and then work hard for only a few days before the exam, you will probably     .
A. succeed        B. finish            C. fail             D. pass
21、Many volunteers        food and water to the local people in Japan after the tsunami.
A. gave out        B. cut out           C. put out          D. found out
22、—The little girl ______ her seat to an old man on the bus.
—What a kind girl!
A. brought                  B. offered                     C. gave                       D. lent
23、"Marcia, could you please_________my dog when I'm on vacation?" "Yes, sure. "
A. look after         B. look at         C. look for           D.look around
24、.—Your bedroom is so dirty. Would you please ________,Peter?
     —OK, mum. I’ll do it right away.
A. set it up         B. put it on        C. pick it up        D. clean it up
25、— How is your English study?
—Not bad. But I_______ learning English grammar.
A. am interested in         B. am good at      C. have a little trouble     D. have no trouble
26、— Have you seen the funny movie Let the Bullet(子弹)Fly?
— Yes, it made me _________ many times.
A. laugh                                B. cry                                C. sleep                                D. sing
27、I _______ keep dogs for protection, but now I keep them as pets.
A. would rather       B. had better        C. used to        D. have to
28、— Excuse me, where can I exchange _________?
— There’s a bank on the second floor.
A. books                           B. food                                    C. money                           D. stamps
29、— Excuse me. may 1 know your_______?
— Sure. It's No. 3. Bridge Street.
A. house                         B. address                         C. way                             D. place
30、— I’m going to the supermarket. Let me get you some fruit.
    —OK. Thanks for your _____.
A. offer          B. information           C. message         D. order

三、完型填空     三、完形填空(共20题,每题1分,共20分)
Nasreddin was a poor man, so he tried to grow __1__ he could in his own garden, so that he would not have to buy so many in the market.
  One evening he heard a noise in his garden and looked out of the window. A white ox had got into the garden and __2__ his vegetables. Nasreddin at once took his stick, ran out and chased the ox, but he was too old to catch it. When he got back to his garden, he found that the ox had ruined most of his precious vegetables.
  __3__, while he __4__ in the street near his house, he saw a cart with two white oxen which looked very much like the one that __5__ his vegetables. He was carrying his stick with him, __6__ he at once began to beat the two oxen with it. As neither of them looked more like the ox that had eaten his vegetables than the other, he beat both of them equally hard.
  The owner of the ox and cart was drinking coffee in a __7__ coffee-house. When he saw __8__ Nasreddin was doing __9__ his animals, he ran out and shouted, “What are you doing? What have those poor animals done to you for you to beat them like that?”
  “You keep out this!” Nasreddin shouted back, “This is a matter between me and one of these two oxen. He knows very well __10__ I am beating him!”
(  )31. A. so many vegetables                 B. many vegetables
        C. as many as vegetables               D. as many vegetables as
(  )32. A. was eating         B. ate           C. had eaten        D. has eaten
(  )33. A. Next day          B. Next morning  C. Last morning     D. The next morning
(  )34. A. walks             B. waked        C. was walking     D. walking
(  )35. A. ruined            B. had eaten      C. ate             D. had ruin
(  )36. A. so               B. and           C. but             D. or
(  )37. A. beside            B. nearby        C. near            D. near by
(  )38. A. that              B. which         C. why            D. what
(  )39. A. for               B. to            C. with            D. on
(  )40.A. reason           B. when          C. why            D. because

Food is very important. Everyone needs to __1__ well if he or she wants to have a strong body. Our minds also need a kind of food. This kind of food is __2__. We begin to get knowledge even __3__ we are very young. Small children are __4__ in everything around them. They learn __5__ while they are watching and listening. When they are getting older, they begin to __6__ story books, science books…, anything they like. When they find something new, they love to ask questions and __7__ to find out answers. What is the best __8__ to get knowledge? If we learn by ourselves, we will get __9__ knowledge. If we are __10__ getting answers from others and do not ask why, we will never learn well. When we study in the right way, we will learn more and understand better.
(  )41. A. sleep         B. read           C. drink            D. eat
(  )42. A. sport         B. exercise       C. knowledge        D. meat
(  )43. A. until         B. when           C. after            D. so
(  )44. A. interested    B. interesting    C. weak             D. better
(  )45. A. everything    B. something      C. nothing          D. anything
(  )46. A. lend          B. read           C. learn            D. write
(  )47. A. try           B. have           C. refuse           D. wait
(  )48. A. place         B. school         C. way              D. road
(  )49. A. little        B. few            C. many             D. the most
(  )50. A. often        B. always         C. usually          D. something

四、阅读理解(共20题、每题2分,共40分)

Alfred Nobel, the great Swedish inventor and industrialist, was born in Stockholm on October 21, 1833, but moved to Russia with his parents in 1842, where his father, Immanuel, made a strong position for himself in the engineering industry. Immanuel Nobel invented landmine and made a lot of money from the government during the Crimean War, but went bankrupt soon after. Then, the family returned to Sweden in 1859, where Alfred began his own study of explosives in his father’s lab. He had never been to school or university but had taught himself, and by the time he was twenty, he became a skillful chemist and excellent linguist, speaking Swedish, Russian, German, French and English. He built up over 80 companies in 20 different countries. He was always searching for a meaning to life. He spent much time and money working on how to end the wars, and the peace between nations, until his death in Italy in 1896. His famous last will, in which he left money to provide prizes for outstanding work in physics, chemistry, physiology, medicine, literature and peace, is a memorial to his interests and ideas. And so, the man is remembered and respected long after his death.
根据短文内容,选择能回答所提问题的正确答案。
51. Where was Alfred Nobel born? He was born in ________.
A. Sweden       B. Stockholm           C. Russia        D. Moscow

52. What did Immanuel Nobel invented during the Crimean War?
A. The engineering industry.   B. A strong position.     C. Landmine.    D. Study of explosives.

53. Why did Alfred Nobel return to Sweden ? Because his father ________.
A. went bankrupt        B. was put in prison        C. was ill      D. died

54. How many companies did Alfred Nobel build up? He built up ________ companies in different countries.
A. 20        B. 40         C. 60       D. 80

55. What was Alfred Nobel always searing for? ________.
A. More time and more money    B. A meaning to life     C. How to end the war     D. The peace between nations

An eight-year-old child heard her parents talking about her little brother. All she knew was that he was very sick and they had no money. Only a very expensive operation could save him now and there was no one to lend them the money.
When she heard her daddy say to her tearful mother, “Only a miracle can save him now,” the little girl went to her bedroom and pulled her money from its hiding place and counted it carefully.
She hurried to a drugstore (药店) with the money in her hand.
“And what do you want?” asked the salesman. “It’s for my little brother,” the girl answered. “He’s really, really sick and I want to buy a miracle.” “Pardon?” said the salesman.
“My brother Andrew has something bad growing in¬side his head and my daddy says only a miracle can save him. So how much does a miracle cost?” “We don’t sell a miracle here, child. I’m sorry,” the salesman said with a smile.
“Listen, if it isn’t enough, I can try and get some more. Just tell me how much it costs.”
A well-dressed man heard it and asked, “What kind of a miracle does your brother need?”
“I don’t know,” she answered with her eyes full of tears. “He’s really sick and mum says he needs an opera¬tion. But my daddy can’t pay for it, so I have brought all my money.”
“How much do you have?” asked the man. “$ 1.11, but I can try and get some more,” she answered.
“Well, what luck,” smiled the man. “$ 1.11, the price of a miracle for little brothers.”
He took up the girl’s hand and said, “Take me to where you live. I want to see your brother and meet your parents. Let’s see if I have the kind of miracle you need.”
That well-dressed man was Dr Carlton Armstrong, a famous doctor. The operation was successful and it wasn’t long before Andrew was home again.
How much did the miracle cost? (from www.freetiku.com)
根据以上短文内容,然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。
56. What was the trouble in the little girl’s family?
A. Her brother was seriously ill.   B. They had no money.     C. Nothing could save her brother.          D. Both A and B.

57. In the eye of the little girl, a miracle might be _______.
A. something interesting               B. something beautiful    C. some wonderful medicine        D. some good food

58. The little girl said again and again “...I can try and get some more.” That shows _______.
A. she had still kept some money              B. she hoped not to be refused
C. There was no need to worry about money     D. she thought money was easy to get

59. What made the miracle happen?
A. The girl’s love for her brother.         B. The girl’s money.   C. The medicine from the drugstore.        D. Nobody can tell.

60. From the passage we can infer (推断) that _______.
A. The doctor didn’t ask for any pay          B. A miracle is sure to happen if you keep on
C. The little girl is lovely but not so clever     D. Andrew was in fact not so sick as they had thought

This is a song millions of Americans will hear this New Year’s Eve. It is called Auld Lang Syne (《友谊地久天长》). It is the traditional music played during the New Year’s celebration. Auld Lang Syne is an old Scottish poem. It tells about the need to remember old friends.
The words “auld lang syne” mean “old long since”. No one knows who wrote the poem first. However, a version by Scottish poet Robert Bums was published (出版) in 1796. The words and music we know today first appeared in a songbook three years later.
The song is played in the United States mainly on New Year’s Eve. The version (译文) you are hearing today is by the Washington Saxophone Quartet. As we end our program with Auld Lang Syne. I would like to wish all of our radio friends a very Happy New Year! This is Buddy Thomas. (from www.zkenglish.com)
根据以上短文内容,然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。
61. Where is this passage from?
A. A newspaper.          B. A magazine.     C. A TV program.           D. A radio program.

62. Who is introducing Auld Lang Syne to us?
A. Robert Bums.           B. The Washington Saxophone Quartet.   C. Buddy Thomas.        D. The passage doesn’t tell us.

63. When is Auld Lang Syne mainly played in the USA according to the passage?
A. On New Year’s Eve.            B. On Christmas Eve.     C. On weekends.        D. On holidays.

64. When did the words and music of Auld Lang Syne we know today first appear?
A. In 1790.        B. In 1793.      C. In 1796.        D. In 1799.

65. What’s Auld Lang Syne about?
A. It’s about the history of Scotland.           B. It’s about an old Scottish poet.
C. It’s about the need to remember old friends.   D. It’s about the wishes to the radio friends.

Now satellites are helping to forecast(预报) the weather. They are in space, and they can reach any part of the world. The satellites take pictures of the atmosphere (大气), because this is where the weather forms (形成). They send these pictures to the weather stations. So meteorologists(气象学家) can see the weather of any part of the world. From the pictures, the scientists can often say how the weather will change.
Today, nearly five hundred weather stations in sixty countries receive satellite pictures. When they receive new pictures, the meteorologists compare them with earlier ones. Perhaps they may find that the clouds have changed during the last few hours. This may mean that the weather on the ground may soon change, too. In their next weather forecast, the meteorologists can say this.
So the weather satellites are a great help to the meteorologists. Before satellites were invented, the scientists could forecast the weather for about 24or 48 hours. Now they can make good forecasts for three or five days. Soon, perhaps, they may be able to forecast the weather for a week or more ahead (提前).
66. Satellites travel __________.
A. in space    B. above space     C. above the ground      D. in the atmosphere

67. Why do we use the weather satellites to take pictures of the atmosphere?Because _______.
A. clouds form there                    B. the weather forms there
C. the weather satellites can do it easily     D. the pictures can forecast the weather

68. Meteorologists forecast the weather _______.
A. without studying satellite pictures             B. before they receive satellite pictures
C. when they have received satellite pictures
D. after they have compared the new satellite pictures with the earlier ones

69. Maybe we’ll soon be able to forecast the weather for _________.
A. one day       B. two days     C. five days       D. seven days or even longer
70. The main idea of this passage is that satellites are now used in __________.
A. taking pictures of the earth        B. receiving pictures of the atmosphere
C. weather forecasting              D. doing other work in many ways

重庆大学网络教育学院(专科起点本科)
入学考试模拟题(二)
大学英语参考答案

一、交际英语(共10题,每题2分,共20分)
1.C       2.C       3.D                  4.D                   5.B
6.D       7.B       8.D                  9.A                   10.B
二、词汇与语法(共20题,每题1分,共20分)
11.D       12.A       13.B        14.C       15.B               
16.A       17.C       18.B        19.A       20.C
21.A       22.B       23.A        24.D       25.C
26.A       27.C       28.C        29.B       30.A

三、完形填空(共20题,每题1分,共20分)
31.D            32.A                   33.D                  34.C                35.B
36.A            37.B        38.D                  39.B                40.C
41.D            42.C        43.B                  44.A                45.B
46.B            47.A        48.C                  49.D                50.B

四、阅读理解(共20题、每题2分,共40分
51.B        52.C        53.A         54.D         55.B
56.D        57.C        58.D                  59.C                     60.C
61.D             62.C       63.A                  64.D                 65.C
66.A             67.D       68.D                  69.D                 70.C

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表