重庆大学网络教育学院(专科起点本科)大学英语入学考...

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-10-15 22:30:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
重庆大学网络教育学院(专科起点本科)
入学考试模拟题(一)
大学英语(共100分)

一、交际英语(共10题,每题2分,共20分)

1、—I think students should have mobile phones to call their parents.
  —_____. They often use them to play games instead.
A. I hope so      B. I don’t  agree     C. No problem     D. Good idea
2、—I’m very sorry, Allen. I can’t find your favorite CD.
  —_____, Torn. I’ll go and buy another one.
A. It doesn’t  matter               B. Don’t  say  that
C. Sure                           D. You are kidding .
3、—You won the first prize in the English competition?
  —_______ I always fail in English tests.
A. Why not?     B. Good idea!        C. Sounds great!     D. You’re kidding!
4、—What a beautiful dress you are wearing today!
  —________. It‘s nice of you to say so.
A. Not at all     B. Never mind         C. Oh,no         D. Thanks
5、—Please don‘t throw paper on the ground.
  —________,I won‘t.
A. Excuse me    B. That‘s all right      C. Sorry          D. It doesn‘t matter

6、—How did you find the trip to the West Lake?
  —                  .
A. The guide took us there              B. First by train and then by bus
C. Very fantastic indeed                D. It was not far from our hotel

7、—What a strong sandstorm (沙尘暴)! ________?
  —I’m afraid so. We’re getting into the sandstorm season now.
A. Do you like sandstorm days            B. Will it be sunny
C. Will you stay at home                D. Will it last long
8、—_______?
  —I have a headache and I don’t feel like eating anything.
A. How are you                        B. What can I do for you
C. What’s the matter with you           D. How do you like it
9、—Would you mind not throwing waste here?
  —____.
A. Sorry, I won’t do it again  B. Sure, I’d love to.    C. Yes, of course.  D. No, thanks.
10、—I’m going to spend my summer holiday in Hawaii.
  —What a lucky boy! _________ And don’t forget to send me a postcard.
A. That sounds good.    B. Have a good time!    C. Good luck!    D. Can I go with you?

二、词汇与语法(共20题,每题1分,共20分)
11、— Must we clean the classroom now?
  — No, you needn't. It _____ after school.
A. may clean              B. must clean            C. need be cleaned           D. can be cleaned
12、—Whose T - shirt is this?
—It______ be John' s. It ‘s ______ small for him.
A. can't; much too      B, can't; too much    C. mustn't; much too    D. mustn't; too much
13、You look quite tired. You’d better ______ a good rest.
A. stop to have                B. stop having                   C. to stop to have            D. to stop having
14、—Would you come to my birthday party tomorrow evening?
   —I’m afraid I ______. I have to look after my sister.
A. wouldn’t                B. can’t                         C. won’t                   D. mustn’t
15、It rained heavily, so we _______ stay at home watching TV or surfing the Internet all day.
A. could                                B. had to                                C. must            D. might
16、Listen! The phone ___. Please go to answer it.
A. rings             B. is ringing           C. rang            D. will ring
17、I         many new friends since I came here.
A.make            B.made             C.will make     D.have made
18、—I don’t know if Mr. Li ____ to the party this evening.
— I think he will come if he ____ free.
A. will come; is      B. will come; will be     C. comes; is        D. comes; will be
19、The computer is broken. ___ it___ today?
A. Will; repair                   B. Has; repaired   
C. Will; be repaired               D. Has; been repaired
20、She _______ this book for nearly three weeks.
A. has borrowed       B. has lent           C. has bought        D. has kept
21、If you _____ your homework, you can go out to play football.
A. finish             B. will finish          C. are finishing     D. were finishing
22、— What did Mr. Smith do before he came to China?
        — He ______ in a car factory.
A. works                         B. worked                         C. is working                       D. will work
23、Mr. White came to our school in 2008, and since then he        us English.
A. teaches         B. taught            C. has taught         D. will teach
24、Hello! I'm very glad to see you. When_________ you_________ here?
A. did; arrive                         B. will; arrive                 C. have; arrived                D. are; arriving
25、Mr. Fan ___ this watch in 2005. he ____ it for 6 years.
A .bought, has had     B. bought, has       C. has bought, has had     D. has bought, had
26、— Mr. Lee _    to a student when I entered the classroom this morning.
— He is very patient _   _he is young.
A. talking; but      B. talks; though       C. was talking, though      D. talked, however
27、Don't         too late. or you will feel tired in class.
A. wake up        B. get up            C. stay up           D. stand up
28、—What’s your plan for this weekend?
    —I’m going to ______ it with my grandparents.
A. cost             B. spend           C. give             D. pay
29、We shouldn’t ____ our hopes. Everything will be better.
A. put up          B. cheer up          C. fix up            D. give up
30、If we try our best, our dream will ________ one day.
A. work out                   B. come true                    C. put up                 D. show off

三、完型填空     三、完形填空(共20题,每题1分,共20分)
Charlie came from a poor village. His parents had __31__ money to send him to school when he was young. The boy was very sad. Mr. King lived next to him. He found the boy __32__ and had pity on him and lent some money to him. So the boy could go to school. He studied hard and __33__ all his lessons. When he finished middle school, the man introduced him to his friend in the town. And he began to work.
Once Mr. King was seriously hurt in an accident. Dying, he asked Charlie to take care of his daughter, Sharon. The young man __34__ and several years later he married the girl. He loved her very much and tried his best to make her happy. He often bought beautiful clothes and delicious food for her. He was good at cooking and he cooked __35__ for her. So she became very fat and she felt it difficult to walk. And one day she found there was something wrong with her heart. Her husband wasn’t at home and she had to go to __36__ at once. The doctors looked her over and told her __37__ eat meat, sugar, chocolate and things like these. She was afraid __38__ the doctor’s words and wrote all the names of the food on the paper. When she got home, she put the list on the table and __39__. When she returned home that afternoon, she found many kinds of food: meat, sugar and chocolate in the kitchen. Charlie was busy __40__ there. As soon as he saw her, he said happily, “I’ve bought all the food you like, dear!”
(  )31. A. no           B. some          C. much          D. enough
(  )32. A. lazy         B. clever        C. careful       D. hard
(  )33 A. did well in  B. was poor at   C. was working   D. was good for
(  )34. A. was angry    B. thought hard  C. agreed        D. said “No.”
(  )35. A. a little     B. a few         C. many          D. a lot
(  )36. A. rest         B. sleep         C. hospital      D. work
(  )37. A. should       B. would         C. to            D. not to
(  )38. A. to remember  B. to forget     C. to catch      D. to teach
(  )39. A. slept        B. went out      C. cooked        D. ate
(  )40. A. reading     B. seeing        C. cooking       D. writing

Many people think that Americans 1 their cars almost more than anything else. When 2__ people are fourteen years old, they want to have their __3_ cars. They don’t ask for a car from their 4__. So many of them work in _5_ time during their last year of high school to buy a car. Learning to 6 _ and getting a driver’s license may be one of the most exciting things in a young person’s life.
  Some people almost 7 _ go to a doctor when they are ill. But they will __8_ their cars to a garage as soon as they think there is a 9 . On Saturdays or Sundays some people may 10 most of their time washing and repairing their cars.
(  )41. A. prefer         B. love         C. drive         D. play
(  )42. A. little         B. big          C. old           D. young
(  )43. A. new            B. own          C. expensive     D. cheap
(  )44. A, friends        B. teachers     C. parents       D. brothers
(  )45. A. free           B. busy         C. study         D. good
(  )46. A. make           B. mend         C. wash          D. drive
(  )47. A. always         B. never        C. often         D. usually
(  )48. A. take           B. carry        C. pull          D. lift
(  )49. A. question       B. wrong        C. mistake       D. problem
(  )50. A. cost          B.  get         C. spend         D. use

四、阅读理解(共20题、每题2分,共40分)
When my family moved to America in 2010 from a small village in Guangdong, China, we brought not only our luggage, but also our village rules, customs and culture. One of the rules is that young people should always respect(尊敬) elders. Unluckily, this rule led to my very first embarrassment in the United States.
I had a part-time job as a waiter in a Chinese restaurant. One time, when I was serving food to a middle-aged couple, the wife asked me how the food could be served so quickly. I told her that I had made sure they got their food quickly because I always respect the elderly. As soon as I said that, her face showed great displeasure. My manager, who happened to hear what I said, took me aside and gave me a long lecture about how sensitive(敏感) Americans are and how they dislike the description “old”. I then walked back to the table and apologized to the wife. After the couple heard my reason, they understood that the problem was caused by cultural differences, so they laughed and were no longer angry.
In my village in China, people are proud of being old. Not so many people live to be seventy or eighty, and people who reach such an age have the most knowledge and experience. Young people always respect older people because they know they can learn from their rich experience.
However, in the United States, people think “growing old” is a problem since “old” shows that a person is going to retire or that the body is not working well. Here many people try to keep themselves away from growing old by doing exercises or jogging, and women put on makeup, hoping to look young. When I told the couple in the restaurant that I respect the elderly, they got angry because this caused them to feel they had failed to stay young. I had told them something they didn’t want to hear.
After that, I changed the way I had been with older people. It is not that I don’t respect them any more; I still respect them, but now I don’t show my feelings through words.
By Jack
根据以上短文内容,然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。
51. Jack brought the couple their food very fast because _______.
A. the manager asked him to do so                        B. he respected the elderly
C. the couple wanted him to do so                        D. he wanted more pay

52. When Jack called the couple “elderly”, they became _______.
A. nervous            B. satisfied      C. unhappy            D. excited

53. In Jack’s hometown, _______.
A. people dislike being called “old”       B. people are proud of being old
C. many people reach the age of seventy or eighty      D. the elderly are the first to get food in restaurants

54. After this experience, Jack _______.
A. lost his job in the restaurant                   B. made friends with the couple
C. no longer respected the elderly            D. changed his way with older people

55. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. The more Jack explained, the angrier the couple got.
B. Jack wanted to show his feelings through words after his experience.
C. The manager went back to the table and apologized to the couple.
D. From this experience, Jack learned more about American culture.

Linda Evans was my best friend—like the sister I never had. We did everything together: piano lessons, movies, swimming, horseback riding.
When I was 13, my family moved away. Linda and I kept in touch through letters, and we saw each other on special time—like my wedding (婚礼) and Linda’s. Soon we were busy with children and moving to new homes, and we wrote less often. One day a card that I sent came back, stamped “Address (地址) Unknown. ” I had no idea how to find Linda.
Over the years, I missed Linda very much. I wanted to share (分享) happiness of my children and then grandchildren. And I needed to share my sadness when my brother and then mother died. There was an empty place in my heart that only a friend like Linda could fill.
One day I was reading a newspaper when I noticed a photo of a young woman who looked very much like Linda and whose last name was Wagman — Linda’s married name. “There must be thousands of Wagmans,” I thought, but J still wrote to her.
She called as soon as she got my letter. “Mrs Tobin!” she said excitedly, “Linda Evans Wagman is my mother. ”
Minutes later I heard a voice that I knew very much, even after 40 years, laughed and cried and caught up on each other’s lives. Now the empty place in my heart is filled. And there’s one thing that Linda and I know for sure: We won’t lose each other again!
56. The writer went to piano lessons with Linda Evans _______.
A. at the age of 13                    B. before she got married      
C. after they moved to new homes       D. before the writer’s family moved away

57. They didn’t often write to each other because they _______.
A. got married                            B. had little time to do so
C. didn’t like writing letters         D. could see each other on special time       

58. There was an empty place in the writer’s heart be¬cause she _______.
A. was in trouble                        B. didn’t know Linda’s address
C. received the card that she sent           D. didn’t have a friend like Linda to share her happi¬ness or sadness

59. The writer was happy when she _______.
A. read the newspaper                            B. heard Linda’s voice on the phone
C. met a young woman who looked a lot like Linda     D. wrote to the woman whose last name was Wagman

60. They haven’t kept in touch _______.
A. for about 40 years        B. for about 27 years   C. since they got married    D. since the writer’s family moved away

I’ve loved my mother’s desk since I was just tall enough to see above the top of it as mother sat doing letters. Standing by her chair, looking at the ink bottle, pens, and white paper, I decided that the act of writing must be the more wonderful thing in the world.
Years later, during her final illness, mother kept different things for my sister and brother. “But the desk,” she’d said again, “it’s for Elizabeth. ”
I never saw her angry, never saw her cry. I knew she loved me; she showed it in action. But as a young girl, I wanted heart-to-heart talks between mother and daughter.
They never happened. And a gulf opened between us. I was “too emotional(易动感情的)”. But she lived “on the surface(表面)”.
As years passed I had my own family. I loved my mother and thanked her for our happy family. I wrote to her in careful words and asked her to let me know in any way she chose that she did forgive(原谅) me.
I posted the letter and waited for her answer. None came.
My hope turned to disappointment(失望), then little interest and, finally, peace— it seemed that nothing happened. I couldn’t be sure that the letter had even got to mother. I only knew that I had written it, and I could stop trying to make her into someone she was not.
Now the present of her desk told, as she’d never been able to, that she was pleased that writing was my chosen work. I cleaned the desk carefully and found some papers inside —a photo of my father and a one-page letter, folded(折叠) and refolded many times.
Give me an answer, my letter asks, in any way you choose. Mother, you always chose the act that speaks louder than words.
根据短文内容,选择最佳答案。
61. The writer began to love her mother’s desk ______.
A. after Mother died        B. before she became a writer    C. when she was a child          D. when Mother gave it to her

62. The passage shows that ______.
A. mother was cold on the surface but kind in her heart to her daughter
B. mother was too serious about everything her daughter had done
C. mother cared much about her daughter in words         D. mother wrote to her daughter in careful words

63. The word “gulf” in the passage means ______.
A. deep understanding between the old and the young     B. different ideas between the mother and the daughter
C. free talks between mother and daughter              D. part of the sea going far in land

64. What did mother do with her daughter’s letter asking forgiveness?
A. She had never received the letter.                   B. For years, she often talked about the letter.
C. She didn’t forgive her daughter at all in all her life.     D. She read the letter again and again till she died.

65. What’s the best title of the passage?
A. My letter to Mother                B. Mother and Children
C. My mother’s Desk                 D. Talks between Mother and Me

A friend of mine named Paul received an expensive car from his brother as a Christmas present. On Christmas Eve when Paul came out of his office, a street urchin(顽童) was walking around the shining car. “Is this your car, sir?” he asked.
Paul answered, “Yes, my brother gave it to me for Christmas.” The boy was surprised. “You mean your brother gave it to you and it did cost you nothing? Sir, I wish…” He hesitated(犹豫). Paul thought of course he knew what the boy wanted, but what the boy said surprised him greatly. “I wish,” the boy went on, “that I could be a brother like that.” Paul looked at the boy in surprise, and then he said again, “Would you like to take a ride in my car?” “Oh yes, I’d love to,” the boy answered.
After a short ride, the boy turned and with his eyes shining, said, “Sir, would you mind driving in front of my house?”
Paul smiled a little. He thought he knew what the boy wanted. He wanted to show his neighbors that he could ride home in a big car. But Paul was wrong again. “Will you stop where those two steps are?” the boy asked.
He ran up to the steps. Then in a short while Paul heard him coming back, but he was not coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled(残疾的) brother. He sat down on the step and pointed to the car.
“There he is, Buddy, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Christmas and it didn’t cost him a cent. And some day I’m going to give you one just like it…then you can see for yourself all the nice things in the Christmas windows that I’ve been trying to tell you about.”
Paul got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed elder brother climbed in beside him and the three began an unforgettable holiday ride.
66. The street urchin was very surprised when _______.
A. he met Paul                    B. Paul told him about the car
C. Paul received an expensive car     D. he was walking around the car

67. From the story we can see the urchin _______. www.op5u.com
A. wished to give his brother a car            B. wanted Paul’s brother to give him a car
C. wished he could have a brother like Paul’s   D. wished Paul could be a brother like that

68. The urchin asked Paul to stop his car in front of his house ______.
A. to show he had a rich friend            B. to show his neighbors the big car
C. to let his brother ride in the car          D. to tell his brother about his wish

69. We can find from the story that _______.
A. the urchin wished Paul to give his car to Buddy     B. the urchin wished to have a rich brother
C. the urchin had a deep love for his brother          D. the urchin’s wish came true in the end

70. The best name of the story is _______.
A. A Christmas Present   B. Paul, a Kind-hearted Person  C. A Brother Like That  D. An Unforgettable Holiday Ride

重庆大学网络教育学院(专科起点本科)
入学考试模拟题(二)
大学英语参考答案

一、交际英语(共10题,每题2分,共20分)
1.B       2.A       3.D                  4.D                   5.C
6.C       7.D       8.C                  9.A                   10.B
二、词汇与语法(共20题,每题1分,共20分)
11.D       12.A       13.A        14.B       15.B               
16.B       17.D       18.A        19.C       20.D
21.A       22.B       23.C        24.A       25.A
26.C       27.C       28.B        29.D       30.B

三、完形填空(共20题,每题1分,共20分)
31.A            32.B                   33.A                  34.C                35.D
36.C            37.D        38.B                  39.B                40.C
41.B            42.D        43.B                  44.C                45.A
46.D            47.B        48.A                  49.D                50.C

四、阅读理解(共20题、每题2分,共40分
51.B        52.C        53.B         54.D         55.D
56.D        57.B        58.D                  59.B                     60.A
61.C             62.A       63.B                  64.D                 65.C
66.B             67.A       68.D                  69.C                 70.C

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表